• Published 21st Dec 2016
  • 403 Views, 6 Comments

The Misadventures of a Few Ponies - Power Hors3



What happens when a nerdy mare and her silly friends poke around the business of ancient ruins and magic spells?

  • ...
 6
 403

Ch. 10: Museums with Their Own Little History

Ch. 10: Museums with Their Own Little History

(A few minutes earlier) Alina was in line at a new exhibit showcasing an old worn out magical staff that had been used by one of the old unicorn generals as a means to defend a village in a raid. When she approached the glass in which the staff was behind, she also took out a camera, taking a few pictures.

“Big, isn’t it?” A member of the museum asks her.

“Yeah, I didn’t think anypony can wield that thing. General Toliouse must have had quite the abilities”

“And he did, legend says he was a heavy magic lifter.” He says.

“Lifting heavy things for fun, I suppose I can see the use in that” Alina says.

“One being that nearly no one could lift his staff and use it”

“That’s clever; make a weapon only you can use” She looks at the markings on the staff, “Where’d you guys get it?”

“Well I don’t know, but I could try finding out for you” He smiles and excuses himself. After a few moments, he returns, “My manager told me an anonymous donor gave it to us.”

“So, you’ll never know who did? Who would even have this staff? From what I’ve read, it was in an old fort that’s no longer inhabited.”

“I don’t know much about where but-”

“And if was in a fort, how would some private party have it? Was there ever any official excavations?”

“I have no idea, I only know its history ma’am, sorry for the inconvenience”

“Look, you’re not in trouble but could I talk to your manager, I’d really like to know this” She smiles politely.

“O-okay heh, right this way ma’am” He calmly leads Alina to an office room where a mare is sitting, studying an artifact. “Excuse me Miss Viola, we have a guest that needs some information”

Looking up from her studies, Viola looks to Alina, “Yes, how may I assist you?”

“The new staff, General Toliouse’s. I was wondering how you acquired it?” Alina asks Viola, an earth pony with a leather getup.

“Private donners, why are you interested? Are you here under investigation?”

“No, mainly curious cause that fort where it’s supposed to be hasn’t been touched in many years so how would someone have the staff? If it a fake?”

“No, it’s not a fake but why worry of how it’s here? Appreciate its beauty and history.”

“I do but I haven’t heard of any excavation teams going there lately”

“We have our own private excavation crew heh, the donners, well you can ask them” She writes down some names, “if you’re so curious look for them” She gives the paper to her.

“Oh, um thank you!” She takes it, looking at the names. After a quick inspection, she dials Cherry’s office phone.

Cherry picks up, “PVPD, Detective Cherry Adams speaking.”

“Hey I got a few names on the donners of some of the items in the museum!”

“Alina! Great, I’ll be right over or do you want to come to me?”

“We should meet in the middle, err Rosee?”

“The fashion store, gotcha” She hangs up and turns to Striker. “I recalled I can’t really get you too involved, though your lead has been very helpful”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After meeting at the store, in which Alina had made a purchase, a golf-styled hat, Cherry starts talking about the case. “Now that we have time to catch up, tell me about this museum”

“The management at first seemed hesitant to release information; but I got it after some persuasion. That’ll probably mean they’re tighter on what we’ll see, maybe hide things” Alina replies.

“Indeed, they’ll be hesitant and more cautious”

“Where do you suggest we start? The list?” Alina takes the list out.

“Mhm” She swaps the list lightly, looking at the names. “I recognize the last names, but…” She takes out a notebook with local addresses, “Need a little memory jog” After a few moments, Cherry finds the places. “A few aren’t locals, we may need to get out of town. Are your studies going to get in the way?”

“No, I’m good to go anytime, besides, my college is nearly over for this semester”

“Okay Alina, I don’t want you to fail class.”

“I won’t promise, I’m ahead in my classes, except one”

“Okay, lucky for you this counts as ‘volunteer work’ for your school”

“Awww, come on, you know you like me tagging along” Alina leans her head against Cherry’s.

“Well, yeah you’re very helpful” Cherry pats her head, “still, I need you to catch up on that class, I’d hate for you to fall behind”

“I won’t like I’ve said” Alina trots back in place, “So where are we going?”

“First, there is one of the ponies that is listed in town. We’re going to their home.”

“Any background on them?”

“Age: 33, male, earthpony, no criminal record. That’s all in the small notebook, I’d have to check out the databases at the station for more.”

“Hey, since we’re going to be out looking for these ponies, how about I go to this one while you find out more about them at the station?”

“Are you sure?”

“Cherry, I can take care of myself, besides if things get bad I’ll teleport to the station”

Cherry nods and turns around, “Okay Alina, see you soon. Here’s the address” She writes it on a blank page of here notebook, gives it to her, and trots off; Alina watches her off then continues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



As Cherry walks to the station, she notices a few ponies trailing her, not sure of why, she stops. “Hey you guys, what’s this about??” She asks them.

“We need to ask you a few questions” A stallion says.

“Fine.” Cherry says, looking around in case of any sudden moves.

“What do you know about the museums?”

“They have good exhibits, history”

“No no, you, you’re on a case about them”

“I’m on a case on many things” She says, “How would you guys know?”

They move in on her, “Because it looks like you may…get in trouble so we have a deal. 200 bits to lay it off”

“200 bits? Trying to bribe off an officer?”

“500 bits, take it or…”

“Or?” Cherry lifts an eyebrow.

“Heh, well I think we know your answer is no” He chuckles and his horn glows trapping Cherry’s hooves. She struggles and teleports above him, she smacks the back of his head knocking him down. The others jump her, each getting their bottoms handed to them, but eventually the energy of the goons overpower her as she gets exhausted trying to fend off. The last thing she sees before having a black bag and muffles put in her is a ring being placed on her horn that prohibits her magic from being used.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At that time, Alina had reached the home of this trader pony who’s home looked like more of a scrapyard than a treasure storage. Taking a deep breath, she approaches the door and knocks on the door. Within a few moments, a pony opens the door just a bit.

“Who are you? Who sent you?” He asks with a cautious tone.

“I’m Alina Starfire, I’m just here to ask questions, er…about your museum dealings.” She says as polite as possible. He unlocks the chain on the door and waves his hoof.

“Get in before anyone sees you”

“Who? And why should I go in there with you…?” She was sketchy about going in with this random stranger.

The stallion, noticing her odd expression sighs, “Look, how about we meet up somewhere public, like a bakery?”

“Sounds better heh, Coco’s?”

“Sure, I’ll be there soon, make sure you weren’t followed.”

“Will do, don’t keep me waiting though.” Alina smiles a bit and trots off, the stallion closes his door right after she’s gone.

Making her way to the nearby bakery, she sits and orders a strawberry shake. Soon the stallion enters. “Alina Starfire.” He sits across from her.

“That’s me, I never caught your name.”

“Yet you knew where to find me, what do you know about the museums??” He asks, his voice rushed.

“How about a question and answer for a question and answer? Answer mine first” Alina says, she takes a sip as he thinks about it.

“Ben Udini. Now you” He says.

“I know about them due to my personal investigation about them. They seem suspicious…and have obtained things illegally. What’s your part in it?”

“I’ve given them items for their showcases when I explore. They give me good bits for it. Who sent you?”

“PVPD, why are you afraid?”

“I’m not afraid and Ponyville Police…well I was bound to get caught.” He says and leans back on the chair.

“What will you do, run?”

“No, what will you do arrest me?”

“Maybe question more. I don’t think you answered one of my questions to the fullest. Why are you afraid?”

“I…well the ponies at the museum have some muscles. They make sure one of us doesn’t back up on a deal and lately items have been disappearing from some of the crates of treasures we’ve found, so as you may figure anyone they’ve hired is being investigated. If someone pins something on me, I may be through…” He places his hooves on his head. “And now that the PVPD knows…I could be in real trouble.”

“You’ll be safe, we’re in public-” A few police enter the building and order everyone to clear out except Alina and Ben.

“Alina, come with us. And as for your friend here, we’ll take him away for now.” An officer says.

“Wait what’s going on?” Alina asks, seeing as they had brought a group of five PVPD there.

“I’ll inform you as we walk, we’re going to the station.” He says, leading the two out. “Cherry was seen kidnapped earlier, someone informed us but we got there too late.”

“W-what...? By who??” Alina’s voice shakes.

“We don’t know but by what the ponies at the scene described, they all wore shaded glasses, and tan clothing. The case you were working on together, what was it?”

“Well, it was new so you guys may not be too aware of it, it was just looking into some suspicious activity at the local museum.” Alina says.

“We’ll send in some police to check and ask the owners to come. Hopefully we’ll find something though we don’t know if they’d be behind it.”

“Wait, that pony, the one with me, he knows about their operations. I was interrogating him before you guys came, so if anyone knows of it, it’s him” Alina smiles.

“Already ahead I see, we’ll get to it. As for you, there’s someone at the station that needs to see you, the stallion Striker. We’ve talked to him and he works for someone who works directly for the museum as well.”

“Yes, that’s where I got my first hints for this case. I’ll see what he knows more of.”

“Perfect, a cross interrogation. Two connections, this may be big.” He says as they now approach the police station.

End of Chapter 10.

Author's Note:

Been a while :3

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment