• Published 21st Dec 2016
  • 403 Views, 6 Comments

The Misadventures of a Few Ponies - Power Hors3



What happens when a nerdy mare and her silly friends poke around the business of ancient ruins and magic spells?

  • ...
 6
 403

Ch 2: Running Around

Ch.2: Running Around

“Are you two registered to go on the train? We’re about to part” A stallion onboard asks.

“To fight Sombra…?? No way!” Alina shakes.

The male onboard laughs a bit, “No worry misses, we’ll drive him back soon. Meanwhile just make sure to do your part here at home to support the troops.”

“We’ll do our best sir!” Cherry salutes. Alina just nodded.

The train starts to part, “So our part? What exactly does that mean?” Alina asks Cherry.

“I dunno, maybe we should ask around.” Cherry replies. They trot into town.

“Do you think maybe this is a play of some kind…maybe some big city reenactment…?” Alina looks as ponies on the street move large crates towards the train station.

“If it was, they’re doing a good job…” She points out a recruitment building, “Look at that, looks like we’ll find answers there.”

“Oh…I don’t like the feeling of this…” Alina comments as they step inside. There, ponies were talking about positions in the army, equipment, and fitness.

“E-excuse me?” Alina asks the mare at the front desk.

The mare looks down at the small pony, “Here to join?”

“I, um no. Just wanted to figure out what’s going on” Alina says.

The mare tried understanding what she was saying, “So you want to know how we’re doing? We are advancing troops in the northern front and just sent a new batch of troops over to fight”

“Fight…right…how long has this been going on for?”

“Three years, are you okay ma’am?” The mare asks.

“She’s fine, just had too much to drink” Cherry replies with a smile, pushing Alina aside.

“Hehe okay, what’s you gals’ names?” She asks.

“I’m Cherry Adams and this is my friend Alina Starfire.” Cherry answers happily. The mare blinks twice.

“Commander Cherry Adams…? And General Alina Starfire??” She squees, “I didn’t notice you two without your uniforms! My apologies, is there some official business you two are here for?”

“Yes, General- wait what? General…?” Alina sits down.

“She’s still a little drunk hehe, yeah we just came to check up on the…er, Ponyville recruits! Yeah.” Cherry says.

“Right away, I’ll let the General here meet up with you immediately!” She runs to the back.

“So now we’re part of the army…? I’m starting to put this together… we must have gone to some alternate dimension” Alina says, in disbelief of her own words.

“Yay!” Cherry giggles, “I get to command ponies!”

“We don’t know how to do that Cherry!” Alina says frantically, the General comes up to them, saluting to them. Quickly, Alina and Cherry do the same.

“Didn’t expect a visit from you two. Either way, I’m glad to see an ally’s face. Wanted to see the new recruits? Come with me” He states. Alina and Cherry nod, going with him. The General takes them to the back where he has all the newbies lined up in a random order. They all stiffen up when they glance upon the General and Commander. “What do you think?” He asks them.

“They’re perfect heh…” Alina says.

“They’ll need some work but they’ll do” Cherry tries sounding more formal, but still keeps her smile on her face.

“Very well Commander” The General walks around the recruits, ordering them to go out. “Any plans or things you’d like to share while you visit?”

“Um, well I’d like to see the map of Equestria and Crystal Empire as it stands as of today” Alina gets a hold of herself; primarily, she was going to focus on getting informed.
“Of course General Starfire.” He takes out a map outlying their territory. Alina looks at it thoroughly; Cherry looks with her.
“Ooh look at all those lines. The blue one are ours, I wonder what happened to Shining Armor and the main six…” Cherry whispers.
“We’ll find out soon enough Cherry…” Alina says to her, giving the map back to the General.
“I was notified that you two went missing from your posts” The General says, “But now you’re here, what happened?”
Alina thinks hard, “We were…magically blasted, we thought it was the end of us till we…Reappeared here in Ponyville out of nowhere”
“That is definitely an oddity, but I’m glad to see you two are safe. Best go to Canterlot and report to Celestia, she will have returned by now from her fight in the North.” He suggests.
“Canterlot, right. We’ll go there right away.” Alina says.
“I’ll get the flight carriage ready for you two” The General quickly says, parting from them.
“Look at that, we get our own carriage, speaking with generals, and even meet with Celestia!” Cherry hops around, excitedly.
“It’s ‘cool’ I guess, however I don’t like this war talk…Like they said, it’s been going on for years. Violence, deaths, and if Sombra is back, does that mean the Six didn’t stop Sombra…?” Alina says, looking to see where the General went. “He’s waiting for us; let us go”
Cherry nods, “We need to find a way out…” The General salutes them as they part on a carriage pulled by royal guards.
After a few minutes, they see Canterlot getting closer and nearer to them, it had a barely visible magical bubble surrounding it; it opens for them as they get near it. “Ah good Canterlot…” Cherry sighs happily. Upon landing, they are greeted by higher up officials.
“Hope you had a good flight.” One says, “I’ll be escorting you into the palace to see her Highness”
“Thank you” Alina says as he leads them through the heavily guarded and armored palace. Once they get to the heavy doors that open to the throne room, their guide leaves them.
“Guess we open it!” Cherry starts to open the door but is at a loss of balance once the doors open on its own. Alina catches her before she falls. Nervously the two mares approach Celestia, a Princess in heavy armor.
“General Starfire. Commander Adams. It is a pleasure to see you both are alive and well.” Celestia rises. The two bow before her and rise.
“Likewise your Highness” Alina says with a small tremble in her voice. The both sit.
“Now that you two have returned, you’ll be re-outfitted and sent back to your post. I hope that this time you won’t disappear.” Celestia states.
“I…yes Celestia” Alina quivers.
“Is there something more Starfire?” She asks.
“Welllllll you see your Highness, Alina and I just showed up out of nowhere here. We don’t know what is going on or what to do…” Cherry interrupts.
“Just showed up? Like you two were brainwashed?” Celestia rises again from her throne and goes up to them.
“No…it was like we were in Twilight’s castle and were taken her ma’am…” Alina says.
“Twilight’s castle?” Celestia asks.
“Yes, Twilight Sparkle.” Alina says.
“She was one of the students trying to get into my school of magic years ago, now she is still a hard worker and student but not in my school. What is this castle you say she has?”
“Oh I didn’t know she didn’t have a castle in this dimension…” Alina shys away.
“Dimension? Now you sound like you were brainwashed for a fact. I can’t have you two like this in the battle front.” Celestia frowns.
“But it’s true! In our timeline, there is no Sombra, he was defeated by Twilight and her friends that make up the elements of harmony!” Cherry says, unafraid of how she sounded saying that.
“Elements of harmony? Only I have wielded them, and once too, my sister and I-”
Alina interrupts, “Magic, Laughter, Honesty, Loyalty, Kindness, and Generosity. They were part of the group of ponies we speak of…”
“Enough!” Celestia commands, “I know what the elements are, and it’s clear you two are mentally damaged from what happened”
“Wait, no! Twilight was the wielding the element of Magic, Pinkie Pie: Laughter, Applejack: Honesty, Rainbow Dash: Loyalty, Fluttershy: Kindness, Rarity: Generosity. That what it is in our timeline…” Alina says, her voice strong in what she said.
Celestia looks at them both in silence, sighing painfully, “What you say, I have dreamt about. How you know the specifics, I do not know…” She walks around them, “You said to you this was your timeline, your reality. Allow me to search your minds to see for myself”
“You can do that?? I mean yes your Highness” Cherry says, Alina nods in agreement.
“Hold still, I haven’t had to do this in a long time.” Celestia’s horn glow bright, her eyes go white and soon, so do Alina and Cherry’s. A few moments pass by; Celestia lets go of her grip with a gasp.
“My…goodness…it’s so…peaceful.” Celestia says, tears coming to her eyes, “The world you lived in was one that I would have loved.”
“Is there any way we can get back Princess?” Alina asks.
“I have some knowledge of traveling through places like this, but not enough to give you a solid answer. Unfortunately, with our Alina and Cherry gone, I must place others into their spots. I will give you access to the magic archives here; may your research serve you well.”
“They think we’re the General and Commander though” Cherry states.
“I will have you two declared unfit to serve due to damage to your heads. It an excuse I’ll have to forge. I must go, good luck young ones” She rushes off.
“Phew…we got that taken care of…” Alina falls back on her back.
“Now we’re stuck with doing research, yuck” Cherry giggles, laying by her.
“It’s a start, and now that we have full access to the archives, we just might be able to get out of here…” Alina stands up, “Let us get to work!” She takes off, Cherry teleports to her and runs with her, heading to the Magic Archives.
“Wow all these scrolls, some must be hundreds and thousands of years old…” Cherry says as she opens the door there.
“This is…so…awesome!” Alina squees with happiness, “I’ve always dreamed of getting to go in here!” She looks around the large room in excitement, “So much! Yes!”
Cherry smiles, following her around the room, “I’ll say, this place is nice, what exactly are we looking for?”
Alina stops mid-hop, “I…don’t know!” She sits, looking at all the available knowledge in her sight.
“We may be stuck here a while…” Cherry sits by her.
End of Chapter 2.

Author's Note:

Thx for reading. You're awesome