• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 425 Views, 1 Comments

Shadow of the Sun - Silver Inkwell



When Luna is defeated at the Castle of The Two Sisters, Celestia becomes sad, but how will she react to this news? Read and find out.

  • ...
 1
 425

Epilogue: Promise

Epilogue: Promise

Nightmare Shadow walked inside his castle all alone, and while it had once stood formerly as the Castle of the Two Sisters, it was now his by right.

He sighed with disappointment at the latest failure with his current prisoner, the Princess of the Moon and Celestia’s little sister, Luna.

She had resisted all attempts that he had made, and he tried all that he could do to make her see and understand the truth, but she still would not listen to him, and while she did not attempt to escape as part of their agreement that they had made so very long ago, she would not stay in her cage for long either.

And so he went to the only place where he could go to remind himself of what he was fighting for, to remind himself of whom he was fighting for.

He slowly raised his horn and used his magic to reveal and enter the hidden room that he had recently made that only he knew about and kneeled on the floor before several pictures which hung around the room reminding him of all the great leaders in the past who had failed in their quest, Queen Chrysalis, Tirek, Discord, Starlight Glimmer, King Sombra, and finally Nightmare Moon.

“I made a promise to you,” he said towards the picture facing its direction, “And I am going to keep it no matter what it takes, I don’t care what the others or rest said or how far they might have come or what strength and knowledge and power that they might have had or gained or even if they failed in their noble quest and pursuit, I will succeed where all else have failed, I will rise above the ashes of the ones who have fallen, I will take their place as the great and wise and noble leader, the one that Equestria needs and deserves, I will replace your sister and take over the kingdom, and finally I will bring you back if I can.

I made a promise to you, and soon it will be complete, soon it will be done, soon there will be nothing to stand in our way of fame and glory and riches and power and strength and knowledge, and maybe perhaps even love.

I know that it is a foolish thing to wish and hope for, you taught me that, you were the one who said love made you weak and stupid after all, and I know that, but I still can’t help falling in love with you, or at least caring for you.

And I know that I must get rid of that weakness, and that is why I cannot hold your host body here anymore, she will be set free today, and the only reason that I do this is so that I may overcome my weaknesses and have none, and then I will truly be free and strong, and then nothing can stop me.

I will finish what we started and nothing will stand in my way, and we will be together once more again very soon enough, I can promise you that.” And with that said he finished his speech and gazed very slowly at the horn of King Sombra.

Author's Note:

I hope that you liked, loved, and enjoyed this story (especially the dramatic reveal at the end where he has the horn of King Sombra which raises all kinds of questions like, Why does he have it? What will he do with it? What does this have to do with the storyline/ plot? When will he use it if ever at all?)

Anyhow unless you want some more and say so in the comments down below this is unofficially 'Complete'.

Anyhow that's all for now, peace out.

Comments ( 1 )

Would you like more?

Login or register to comment