• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 1,809 Views, 9 Comments

Ponies at Dawn, Monsters at Dusk - RainbowDasher21



Every night when a full moon is present, Fluttershy's bat alter-ego returns. In the morning, she always forgets. Until one night, where she meets a shadowbolt. One morning, Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy wake up in the same bed. What the hay is happening?

  • ...
0
 9
 1,809

Prologue

It was a dark and gloomy night in Ponyville, with a dark, misty purple sky. No clouds were to be seen, while only a few stars were present. A full moon was shining brightly, providing light for the ponies that were still busy wandering in the streets. Despite the time being 8.45pm, the various market stalls still seemed to as busy as they would be during the day. Most restaurants were also packed full of ponies, with rumbling stomachs and happily eating away at the food they had ordered. Meanwhile, deep within the Everfree Forest, a creature with big red eyes was plotting a plan.....

"Screech!" the creature shrieked, as it swiped an apple from the tree it was in. The creature, was none other, than Flutterbat - Fluttershy's bat alter-ego. Much like her normal, Pegasus self, Flutterbat had a pale yellow coat, although it was a much darker shade. The same applied to her large pink mane - it too was a darker shade. Her eyes were amaranth red, unlike Fluttershy, whose eyes were cyan. Flutterbat's wings and ears were more bat-like. She also had two long fangs in her mouth. Instead of the usual three pink and blue butterflies which Fluttershy had as her cutie mark, Flutterbat's cutie mark was three pink bats.

Alongside Flutterbat, was two vampire fruit bats. One of them was on the left side of the branch, while the other was on the right. Flutterbat hung upside down from the branch, her tail holding her up. She continued to bite away at the apple, digesting each piece in her stomach. Once Flutterbat got to the core of the apple, she threw it down on the ground below her. The two vampire bats next to her stared at the apple, as it bounced on the ground, and rolled around for a little bit. The bats flew off the branch, then jumped onto the apple and ate the remainders of it. Flutterbat smirked evilly.

"Apple, delicious..." Flutterbat muttered, licking her lips with her long, snake-like tongue. The sweet taste of a perfectly ripened red apple filled her taste buds. She took a deep breath of the fresh air around her. "This is a perfect night... a perfect night for pranking..." Flutterbat's wings extended as far as they could go, as she unraveled her tail from the branch that she was on. She let out another loud screech, as she hovered in the air, while looking at the moon.

Flutterbat flew swiftly, moving left and right to dodge the trees in front of her. Her mane gracefully followed her, as the wind blew through it. The Everfree Forest was a very large forest, which went for miles and miles. In no time at all, Flutterbat found herself outside on the outskirts of the forest. Flutterbat stayed where she was, continuing to hover in the air, as she stared at a building in front of her.

Fluttershy's Cottage. The very building where Fluttershy lived. Located just outside of Ponyville, and layed on the very edge of the Everfree Forest.

Flutterbat shook her head violently, trying to rid the happy thoughts of her and her animals.

"No.... they cannot see me like this..." Flutterbat grumbled, as she quickly trotted around the left side of the cottage. Using her special abilities, Flutterbat jumped up high into the air, then used her wings to direct her landing to be on top of the cottage. She put a hoof to her forehead, as she searched high up in the air, for another pony. A certain pony that she knew well - very well.

It was at that moment, that Flutterbat noticed a shadowy figure fly past the moon. Flutterbat's smirk turned into a grin. Her wings still open, she jumped up again, then began to hunt down for the mysterious figure she had just saw. She began to fly upwards, as she wanted to avoid the attention of all of the ponies that were still wandering about on the streets.

Unlike Fluttershy, Flutterbat had no problem with flying fast. After all, this form of her did give her large bat-like wings, and as bats are extremely good at flying, even Flutterbat was able to soar like an eagle.

It took about a minute or two, until Flutterbat finally noticed the shadowy figure again. It was stood near the cliff-side of Mount Pony - one of the tallest mountains in Equestria. Flutterbat flew towards the cliff of Mount Pony, then when her hooves were close enough to landing on the floor, she dropped down onto the ground. A small cloud of dust appeared as she landed, due to the speed that she was travelling.

The figure looked over at the cloud, putting a hoof to their mouth and coughing a few times. Once the cloud began to fade, the figure caught a glimpse of Flutterbat. She stayed in her crouched position for a few more seconds, then slowly began to stand back up again. As soon as she saw the face of the figure in front of her, Flutterbat's facial expression suddenly changed. Her eyes were half closed (her top eyelids were showing), she wore a sly smile on her, and even a very faint pink blush could be seen on her cheeks.

"Heya, Shadowbolt Dash..." Flutterbat said seductively, while the pony in front of her began to give a smile of her own.

"Well well, if it isn't good ol' Flutterbat," Shadowbolt Dash replied, a blush beginning to form on her own cheeks. Shadowbolt Dash was Rainbow Dash's alter-ego. Much like the yellow pony, Rainbow Dash changed into this form when the sky got dark and a full moon was shining. Shadowbolt Dash's rainbow coloured mane remained exactly the same, as did her light blue fur. She wore a very dark grey mask, her nose and mouth being the only parts of her face uncovered. She wore dark golden goggles, with a dark grey trim around them. She wore a dark grey, pale purple and dark yellow suit. There was a cutie mark on either side of the suit, where Dash's flank was. However, unlike her usual multi-coloured lightning bolt and cloud cutie mark, the cutie mark on the suit was a white winged skull.

Flutterbat went into a street walk, as she gently, while also slowly, rubbed the left side of her body against Shadowbolt Dash's body. Flutterbat giggled playfully to herself, as Shadowbolt Dash turned her head round to face the bat pony. Her mild blush had faded and her smile was gone, replaced with a look of anger instead.

"What do you think you're doing!?" Shadowbolt Dash roared, not too happy about the sudden contact that she had just felt. Flutterbat continued to laugh, as she gave a wink to the shadowbolt.

"I'm just messing around... havin' a little bit of fun," Flutterbat replied, licking her lips. Shadowbolt Dash was still unimpressed by the way that the bat pony was acting.

"Do NOT do that again!" Shadowbolt Dash yelled, making it clear that she didn't like what Flutterbat had done. However, Flutterbat didn't seem to take SD's shouting seriously, as she tried to hide another laugh that was trying to erupt from her mouth. "STOP LAUGHING!" Shadowbolt Dash charged towards Flutterbat. Flutterbat's eyes widened, and she quickly jumped up into the air, avoiding the angry shadowbolt on the ground. She opened her wings fully, then flew towards Shadowbolt Dash. Flutterbat crashed into SD, the two of them rolling around and bickering as they did so. They ended up rolling down the whole mountain.

Once the two ponies finally reached the bottom of Mount Pony, Flutterbat rolled out of the ball, and made herself stand over the top of Shadowbolt Dash. SD still continued to wear a face of disapproval. Flutterbat, on the other hand, seemed to be enjoying the moment.

"That was fun!" Flutterbat exclaimed, as she gave a small screech. Shadowbolt Dash put her hooves on her ears, as she tried to block out the loud noise from the bat pony stood above her.

'Just what does she think she's doing?' Shadowbolt Dash thought to herself, confused and annoyed at how her 'friend' was acting. Shadowbolt Dash tried to squirm away, but Flutterbat seemed to just stay where she stood.

"Let's do that again!" Flutterbat screamed, still trying to calm herself down. Shadowbolt Dash was getting tired of this, and quickly too.

"NO! We are NOT doing that again!" SD yelled, bringing the joy and happiness of Flutterbat's mood to an end.

"Awww..." Flutterbat moaned in sadness. She gave big dog eyes, as she crouched down on the floor and looked up at Shadowbolt Dash. SD just rolled her eyes. She didn't have time for this. However, she did have another idea...

"Come on, Flutterbat. There's still plenty of things we can do!" Shadowbolt Dash reminded the sad bat pony. Flutterbat continued to stare at Shadowbolt Dash with big eyes, her mouth beginning to open. "Remember? We've got a whole bunch of ponies to scare." The joy and happiness returned to Flutterbat, as she let out another screech.

'Ugh, why do bats have to screech so much?' SD pondered, unsure why Flutterbat couldn't stop making that loud, high-pitched noise of hers. Flutterbat gave Shadowbolt Dash an evil smile, as her eyes also showed the diabolic plans she had in mind.

"Of course... Wow, I lost track of time there," said Flutterbat, eager to get going. Shadowbolt Dah began to give an evil grin of her own.

"Then why don't we make the most of what time we have left, eh?" Shadowbolt Dash responded, making Flutterbat nod frantically. SD gave a nod of her own, as she opened up her wings. Flutterbat did the same thing with her wings. "Then let's go!"

Both of them jumped up into the air, as they started flying. They flew down the path which led them away from the path which went towards the bottom of Mount Pony. They flew past trees, although because of how fast they flew, dodging the obstacles in their way was almost at the last second. Within no time at all, they had reached the town centre of Ponyville. SD looked over to Flutterbat, giving her a sign to say that they should fly on top of the building that was in front of them. Flutterbat nodded, and they both flew up higher into the air, then landed on all fours on top of the roof of the house.

They looked around them, noticing all of the ponies that casually walked around, unaware of the two creatures which stalked them. Both of them had to put their hooves over their mouths, as they tried desperately to not laugh loudly. They had many ideas on what to do, on how to prank the innocent civilians below them.

"So, whatcha wanna do first, my shadowbolt friend?" Flutterbat asked her partner in crime next to her, making a snake-like slithery sound when she spoke the letter s in the word 'shadowbolt'. Shadowbolt Dash rolled her eyes, although she still seemed to be smiling. SD'S gaze was turned to a young stallion, possibly around 18-20 years old, who appeared to be carrying something in a basket which he held in his mouth. Shadowbolt Dash presumed that he must have bought something for his mum, or something like that.

"Well, we could start off by scaring that pony over there," Shadowbolt Dash told Flutterbat, pointing a hoof to the stallion carrying his straw basket. Flutterbat's eyes widened.

"Think he's got any apples in that basket?" Flutterbat asked, licking her lips. Shadowbolt Dash just stared at Flutterbat, not saying a word. She looked to the stallion again, then back to the bat pony next to her.

"Why are you so obsessed with apples?" Shadowbolt Dash questioned, unsure of what to make of Flutterbat's craving for apples, especially juicy red apples.

"I... just like apples..." Flutterbat replied, giving a bashful smile. Shadowbolt Dash gave a small facehoof to herself, knowing that she probably wouldn't get any other answer than what she had just received.

"Come on then, let's go cause a bit of mayhem, eh?" Shadowbolt Dash exclaimed cheerfully, gaining a quick nod in response from Flutterbat. Shadowbolt Dash wore a sly smile on her face, as she put a hoof to her mouth and looked at Flutterbat, to tell her to be quiet.

"Ok..." Flutterbat murmured, as she slowly followed Shadowbolt Dash, who creeped towards the edge of the roof in front of them. They watched what was going on below them, making sure that they jumped off of the roof at the right time, when no one was looking at them. When the coast was clear, they dropped down to the ground, and quickly hid behind a nearby bush. Luckily for them, the bush appeared to be quite close towards their target.

Shadowbolt Dash peered from the bush and watched the stallion closely as he got closer to them. SD swiftly ducked her head back behind the bush, as to avoid the pony noticing them.

"Alright, so you stay here and watch, while I creep up behind him. Ok?" Shadowbolt Dash explained, gaining a nod from Flutterbat, "When he turns round, I'll quickly stand on the other side of him, then when he looks back around - I'll pounce." Shadowbolt Dash gently put her hooves on Flutterbat's shoulders, to demonstrate what she meant by 'pouncing on the pony'.

"This is gonna be so fun to see!" Flutterbat whispered, as she gave a big smile. Her two fangs were visible outside of her mouth as she did this. Shadowbolt Dash gave a grin of her own, as she got ready to leave the bush.

"Wish me luck!" muttered SD, as she gave a quick salute to the bat pony. Flutterbat just continued to give a big smile. Shadowbolt Dash took one more quick glance, before deciding that the coast was clear, and then hid behind a tree which was near her. The young stallion walked straight past the tree without even taking a peak to the right. SD swiftly creeped around the tree, then began to sneak behind the pony.

He hummed a small tune to himself as he walked. He happily trotted to his mum's house, holding his basket full of cakes that he had bought from Sugarcube Corner, without a care in the world. He was a light grayish earth pony with a short and tidy brown mane. He had green eyes, and his cutie mark was a cookie with white chocolate chips, because white chocolate cookies were his favourite snack to eat.

Shadowbolt Dash continued to inch closer towards her victim, although she stopped when she nearly bumped into the pony. Luckily, up until now, he hadn't noticed her behind him. SD stared in front of her for a moment, and that's when a thought suddenly hit her.

'Oh no, he's nearly reached home!' Shadowbolt Dash thought to herself. "Damn..." SD muttered under her breath. Somehow, the stallion didn't even hear that. Either he was deaf, he simply didn't expect a thing, or Dash was just simply a very lucky pony. Shadowbolt Dash decided that it was now or never, and decided to just go for her 'pranking act' while she still had the chance.

With both of her front hooves, Shadowbolt Dash tapped the young stallion on the shoulders. He stopped humming, and began to turn her neck around to face behind him. SD dashed to the right of him, and stood right in front of him, while he still looked back. He continued to look in this direction, until he heard a sinister giggle come from something near him. His pupils suddenly became smaller, as a concerned expression was placed onto his face. He turned back around to face in front of him again, and that's when he saw it.

A pony with light-blue fur, wearing a Shadowbolt costume, giving him an evil grin. He gulped hard, as he tried hard to scream. Then, suddenly...

"BOOOO!!!" Shadowbolt Dash screamed, while waving her hooves in the air as if she were a ghost haunting the pony in front of her. The stallion suddenly let out a loud yelp, as the basket dropped from his mouth. Luckily for him, the basket just landed on the floor and didn't fall over, and none of the cakes were crushed either.

"I'M GONNA GET YA!" Shadowbotl Dash yelled, still trying to make the young stallion panic, although it seemed like by his facial expression - SD had already done that.

"Ahhhh, get away from me!" the stallion shouted, as he quickly grabbed the basket back in his mouth again, and dashed towards his mum's house. Shadowbolt Dash stayed where she stood, watching the pony run away from her like a frightened little filly. He banged his hoof a couple of times on the front door, taking a quick glance behind him, to notice that the shadowbolt was still watching him. Another pony opened the door, and as soon as it was open enough, the young stallion ran inside. The door closed a few moments after.

Shadowbolt Dash still stared at the door for a few seconds longer, before she finally burst into a loud laugh. She fell back, and was rolling around on the floor, laughing her head off. Her eyes opened a fraction, to look at Flutterbat. She was still behind the bush, but it appeared that she had found the whole situation just as funny as Shadowbolt Dash had.

"Oh, my, goodness! Did you see his face!?" Flutterbat exclaimed, giggling to herself. Shadowbolt Dash found it hard to stop chuckling away like someone who had lost their mind.

"I know! He was SOOO scared!!!" replied Shadowbolt Dash, getting up from the floor and standing back on all fours again. She pranced towards the bush that Flutterbat was behind. "Huh, never noticed them before..." Rainbow Dash stared at the bush, noticing that there was small white flowers on it.

"Soooo... shall we prank someone else?" Flutterbat asked, eager to cause a little more trouble. Shadowbolt Dash gave an evil smile, as she thought about all the other things they could do to create mayhem in Ponyville.

"Yes, I think we should," responded Shadowbolt Dash, as she began to walk away from the bat pony. Flutterbat quickly caught up to her. They crept steadily down the rest of the alleyway, as they still needed to be unnoticed by every pony still walking around, so that their plans could work properly.

There was ponies everywhere. Then again, it was the town centre - and that usually was busy... Even when it was past 9 o'clock at night. Flutterbat and Shadowbolt Dash both waited for the right time to walk out from the alleyway, using a nearby tree planted in a pot, as something to hide behind.

It was at that point, that Flutterbat's eyes were drawn towards something, something that she had an extreme craving for: a fruit stall, selling apples. But not just any apples - they were red gala apples. Flutterbat's favourites...

"Uhh... why are you drooling?" commented Shadowbolt Dash, as she noticed the light blue-coloured saliva which dripped from Flutterbat's mouth. Her eyes were fixed on the apples, her mind completely shut off to everything else around her. "Umm, earth to Batsy? Flutterbat?" SD continued, while she waited for the bat pony to answer her.

Suddenly, Flutterbat snapped out of her daydream, and turned her head towards Dash. She simply stared at her for a moment, her pupils still small. A few seconds later, however, her pupils began to go back to normal size again.

"Uhh, umm... sorry, I was just - l-lost in my dreams then..." responded Flutterbat, somewhat confusing Shadowbolt Dash. Flutterbat pointed towards what she had been looking at, while she licked her lips. Shadowbolt Dash did not look amused by it. Never-the-less, she thought up of a plan anyway.

"Let me guess, you wanna try and scare that pony at the stool, then snatch as many apples as you want?" SD clarified to the bat pony, who wore a big smile on her face.

"Exactly! ....Well, something like that..." responded Flutterbat, licking away the rest of the saliva, which was on her bottom lip. Shadowbolt Dash rolled her eyes, although she was grinning.

"You seriously have to try and control this, uhh.... obsession," said SD, still thinking of a way of how to complete their next scheme. Then, she had a brilliant idea hit her. "Hey, why don't you pretend to be a innocent, lost little filly, and say that you're really hungry. Then, as soon as you're offered an apple... then do whatever it is you wish to do." Flutterbat liked the sound of that idea.

"It sounds crazy, but it could work," Flutterbat replied, willing to give the plan a go, "I'll certainly try that idea out." Flutterbat looked around to see if there was anything she could use to make her genuinely seem like a innocent little filly, which was lost and didn't know where her parents were. Luckily for her, there was some wet mud and a few leaves which had fallen off, inside the pot of the tree. Flutterbat poked Shadowbolt Dash on her shoulder with her hoof, then pointed towards the inside of the tree's pot.

"I'll make myself look scruffy with this," Flutterbat explained. Shadowbolt Dash gave a nod, agreeing that this idea was a good one.

"Yeah, that should work," assured Shadowbolt Dash, patting Flutterbat on the back. Flutterbat got to work by rubbing some mud over her face and forelegs. Then, she finished her appearance by making her mane look like a mess, then put a few tree leaves in it for an added touch.

"Ta-da! How do I look?" Flutterbat asked, doing her best impersonation of a small, sad filly. SD put a hoof to her chin, and gave a slow nod.

"Well, you convince me..." Shadowbolt Dash replied, flashing an evil smile. Flutterbat giggled quietly to herself, feeling excited about this amazing plan of hers... With Dash's assistance, of course. "Now, go get 'em tiger - I mean, bat." commented Shadowbolt Dash, facehoofing herself. Flutterbat gave a reassuring smile.

"It's only a saying, Dash. It's fine," Flutterbat told the shadowbolt. SD grinned, eager to see this plan fold out.

"If you say so... Let's just make this quick and snappy," commanded Shadowbolt Dash, with Flutterbat putting a hoof to her head and giving a small salute.

"You got it!" declared Flutterbat, as she gave one more look at the scene in front of her. When the time was right, Flutterbat decided to step out into the open. She faltered, pretending that she was really tired and that she couldn't walk properly. A few people took a quick glance, some of them gasping in shock. They couldn't believe the state that Flutterbat was in. They actually thought that she was a pony who was in need of serious aid.

Flutterbat continued to hobble towards the apple stall, trying to make her tired/somewhat beat-up condition as realistic as possible. Apples were what vampire fruit bats loved - they loved apples more than any other fruit, or any food for that matter. The smell of the apples got stronger as Flutterbat got closer to the stall. She tried hard to resist simply charging into the stall and eating them all.

Within no time at all, Flutterbat had arrived at the apple stall. As she was still looking down at the floor, Flutterbat bumped into the stall, hitting her nose.

"Oof!" Flutterbat moaned quietly, squinting her eyes shut and rubbing her nose with a hoof. When she opened her eyes up again, she noticed a wooden stand. She looked at it with a puzzled expression. Tilting her head upwards, she realised that she was stood in front of the apple stall. An earth pony with beige-coloured fur, yellow eyes, an orange mane, and also wearing a pair of black glasses, was looking down at her. He was a stallion, and was older than the pony that Shadowbolt Dash has scared earlier. His cutie mark was a green apple wearing a pair of glasses.

"May I help you?" the pony asked. Flutterbat continued to stare at the pony for a moment, her mouth open slightly and forming a small o. Suddenly, she snapped back into reality and remembered the plan that she had said that she would complete.

'Ok, I gotta act all sweet and cute now,' Flutterbat told herself. She put her front hooves on the desk of the apple stall's stand, gave big puppy dog eyes and wore a frown on her face.

"Oh, oh I'm so hungry, and so lonely... I don't know where my parents have gone..." Flutterbat cried, making her voice sound higher pitched than normal. The pony looked at her, unsure of what to say and how to feel.

"Are you lost or something?" The stallion asked politely. Flutterbat nodded her head frantically, though this gave her a small headache after.

"Yes, yes I am," Flutterbat replied, feeling her eyes beginning to get a little watery. Of course, she was making this happen purposely, because after all, she needed to make herself look genuine in order for her plan to work properly. "But, I'm not just lost... I need something to eat. I'm starving....." Flutterbat began to gently rub her stomach, pretending to draw small circles on it.

"...What do you mean? Are... are you homeless?" the kind stallion questioned, getting another nod in response from the bat pony. However, due to the fact that Flutterbat had covered her ears with her mane, he didn't realise that she was a bat.

"I...I don't know where my, m-m-mom and d-dad are..." Flutterbat continued, a single tear dripping from one eye. The stallion wore a face of sadness. He didn't really know what to do.

"I, I feel so sorry for you..." the pony responded, trying his best to give a reassuring smile, "I'm sure your parents will find you soon enough. I don't think they'd abandon you forever." Flutterbat put on a small sad smile, to make it seem like what the nice stallion had said made her feel happier.

"Th-thanks... m-maybe your, uh... right," Flutterbat replied, wiping her eyes with one hoof. The stallion continued to smile back. He thought for a moment, then picked up an apple.

"Here. You said you were hungry, and, well... you can have this. Free of charge," the stallion told her. Flutterbat's mouth opened even wider, as she looked at the apple in awe, although she made sure that it didn't open too wide so that her fangs could be seen. She looked at the pony, then back to the apple.

"You... you'd, r-really d-d-do that? For... me?" Flutterbat questioned. The beige-coloured pony gave a slow nod.

"Yes. You can," he confirmed. Flutterbat's mouth grew into a smile, as the depression that filled her eyes turned to joy.

"Oh... oh thank you SO much! Thank you!" Flutterbat exclaimed, as she grabbed the apple and ate it. She took big bites at it, quickly munching down on each piece that she took away from it with her teeth. Within 30 seconds, she had finished everything apart from the core of the apple, which she threw into a bin which was conveniently placed next to the stall.

"Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you were hungry..." the stallion murmured, as he looked at the bat pony, who happily licked away at her lips. She rubbed her tummy a little bit more.

"Thanks again, kind sir!" said Flutterbat, as the stallion continued to smile back at her.

"You are welcome," replied the beige-coloured pony.

Flutterbat suddenly had the urge to look to her left. She turned her head, to see Shadowbolt Dash peering from behind the tree, with an angry expression on her face, and tapping her hoof on her wrist of her other foreleg. Flutterbat could make out SD's silent speaking as 'JUST FINISH THIS ALREADY!!!' She nodded, an evil grin forming on her face.

She instantly turned back to face the stallion who had offered her the apple, as she smiled brightly. It was at that moment, that she decided to complete her scheme.

'Ok, here we go, Flutterbat...' Flutterbat thought to herself. She put her hooves back onto the stall, and gave the beige earth pony a smug expression.

"Ummm, think I can have another one?" Flutterbat asked politely, pointing to another apple. The stallion stared at the apple that the dark yellow-furred pony was pointing to. He shrugged his shoulders, as he decided to let her take a second apple.

"Eeh, sure. Have as many as you wish," responded the stallion. Flutterbat gave another evil grin, only this time, the stallion who ran the apple stall noticed it.

"If you say so....." Flutterbat muttered. All of a sudden, the Pegasus pony leaped onto the table of the stall, as she bit into at least 10 apples which were in front of her. The beige earth pony stared in horror, as he saw the pony who he had been so nice to, ripping away at all of his apples.

"What are you doing to my apples!?" the pony shrieked, unsure of what to do, "I didn't mean you could take every single apple I have!" Flutterbat looked back round. Her amaranth red eyes began to glow, which freaked out the stallion a little bit. She gave him a romantic look, she pushed her mane away from her ears. She bared her fangs to, as the pony began to realise the truth behind this 'innocent' Pegasus pony...

"Oh... oh, oh no...." he murmured to himself. Flutterbat continued to look at the stallion, while she ate another apple.

"What? Have I got something on my face?" Flutterbat asked, putting a hoof to one of the corners of her mouth. The beige earth pony felt a rush of worry and distress fill him. He felt like screaming, and that's exactly what he did.

"B-B-BAAAATTTT!!!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. Loads of other ponies began to turn round, to face the apple stall which was being 'attacked' by another pony. Only this pony wasn't just a pony - Flutterbat was a bat pony.

"BAT PONY! RUN, RUN EVERYONE!" the stallion continued to cry, his voice getting louder. They all averted their gaze from the screaming pony, back to the bat pony once again. She looked back at some of the ponies behind her.

"Grrrr," joked Flutterbat, pretending to paw at the air with her hoof - as if she were a lion. At that moment, everypony else was also beginning to freak out and scream.

"OH MY GOODNESS! A BAT PONY!" one pony cried, who closed his orange stall down and began to pack everything away.

"BAT! OH NO, HIDE THE APPLES!" another pony shouted, as every other apple stall, along with those who had just bought apples, began to run away from the marketplace as fast as they could.

Within a single minute, the whole town centre of Ponyville was in total chaos. Ponies were running around in all directions, going into their houses and locking themselves inside for safety. Shadowbolt Dash watched the whole incident going on. She began to laugh to herself. An evil grin also emerged on her face.

"HA HA HA! Way to go Flutterbat!!!" Shadowbolt Dash shrieked, as she ran away from the tree which she used to cover behind. She galloped towards the apple stall that Flutterbat was at. Flutterbat's ears twitched, as she heard the sound of a pony's hooves charging towards her. She looked back, to notice Shadowbolt Dash racing to her.

"Hey, Dash!" Flutterbat called out, jumping down from the stall and sprinting towards the shadowbolt. Once the two neared each other, they stopped dead in their tracks and gave a big brohoof.

"OMG Flutterbat! That, was... INCREDIBLE!" cheered SD, waving her forelegs in the air. Flutterbat gave a smile.

"I'm, I'm kinda surprised by how well that went, if I'm honest," admitted Flutterbat, rubbing the back of her head with a hoof. Shadowbolt Dash patted the bat pony on the back.

"I'm impressed with you! ...I never thought you could prank that well..." continued Shadowbolt Dash. Flutterbat closed her eyes halfway, as her top eyelids became visible. She leaned into the rainbow-maned pony's face.

"Oh... are you challenging me to a prank off? Is that what you're doing?" Flutterbat asked, giving SD a gentle shove. Shadowbolt Dash looked in shock, then began to give a grin.

"Maybe, maybe not," Shadowbolt Dash replied, giving her own shove. Both of them looked into each other's eyes, grinning evilly and giggling away to themselves.

"Well... let the games begin, I guess," Flutterbat responded, as she held out her hoof for another brohoof. Shadowbolt Dash pushed her hoof into Flutterbat's hoof.

"Oh yeah! Let's do this!" Shadowbolt Dash exclaimed, giving an evil laugh. Flutterbat joined in, as they both looked up at the sky, laughing manically.

==========

"That was the most fun I've ever had!" shouted Flutterbat, as she skipped happily. Shadowbolt Dash walked calmly beside her.

"Yeah, I'll admit - that was a rather enjoyable night," agreed Shadowbolt Dash, looking down at the clouds which her hooves touched as she walked. The two ponies were in Cloudsdale now, an hour after all of the chaos and mayhem that they had caused in Ponyville.

In Ponyville, there was ponies everywhere - screaming and panicking. Waving their hooves about in the air as they cried for help. Flutterbat & Shadowbolt Dash's 'prank-off' had certainly brought havoc and madness to the usually calm and relaxing streets of the town center. Now, all that the two pranksters wanted to do was to relax.

There was silence between both of them for a moment, as they just simply walked around aimlessly. Flutterbat looked around at the scenery which surrounded her, while Shadowbolt Dash just stared down at the clouds below her. Then, a yawn erupted from Flutterbat's mouth. Shadowbolt Dash looked up to Flutterbat as she noticed that she was wiping at her eyes. She decided to get a little closer to her.

"Hey, uh, Flutterbat?" Shadowbolt Dash sad quietly. Flutterbat looked over with tired eyes.

"Y-yeah... Dash?" Flutterbat replied, getting more exhausted with each hoofstep that she took. SD gave a puzzled look, then decided to ask her a question. A somewhat important question, for that matter.

"Uhh.... so, umm... I see you're, uh - worn out..." Shadowbolt Dash explained. Flutterbat gave a small, slow nod. "And, I was wondering... uh, if you... umm, would like to, uhh..... sl-sleep over at my place..?" Flutterbat's instantly opened back up fully, as her pupils widened. Shadowbolt Dash gulped, trying to think hard of what to say next.

"I mean, you don't have to. That's fine - I can take you back to your place. It's just, my house is only a mile away from here, while yours is much farther," Shadowbolt Dash continued. Flutterbat felt her cheeks starting to burn, as a blush begin to fill her face. Flutterbat didn't know what to say.

'Oh... oh my, did she, really just - ask me to, sleep over? With her?' Flutterbat thought to herself, 'Does that I mean... I sleep with her? In... in the same bed?' Flutterbat felt her wings flutter as the thoughts of being in bed with Dash filled her head. Fluttershy would usually try and stop her wings from doing such things, but as Flutterbat was much more braver, she didn't care.

Shadowbolt Dash noticed the way that Flutterbat was acting. Then, it was her turn to start feeling awkward. 'Woah... I actually just asked if she wants to... to sleep with me?' Shadowbolt Dash pondered in her own head, 'I'll admit, that would be pretty cool. Actually scrap that, if that happened... that would be AWESOME. ...Hot, even?' Shadowbolt Dash shook her head, as she tried to rid her mind of the thoughts of what could possibly happen if the two were in bed together - the type of thoughts one could call: dirty.

"So, what do you want to do then?" Shadowbolt Dash asked. Flutterbat thought long and hard about what she wanted to do. Her answer? Well, of course she wanted to sleep over at Dashie's.

"Why sure, I'd love to sleep over your place tonight, Shadowbolt Dash..." Flutterbat replied, gaining her daydreaming look. Shadowbolt Dash smiled lightly.

"Great, then let's go!" Shadowbolt Dash exclaimed. The two of them opened their wings, as they rose into the air, and began to fly towards Shadowbolt Dash/Rainbow Dash's house.

==========

It was a peaceful morning. The sky was bright light blue, with a few clouds in the sky, and the birds tweeting their usual sweet songs. A gentle breeze blew through an open window of a house. Within a bedroom, was two sleepy ponies. They both lay under the covers, facing the opposite side. One snoring quietly, the other snoring loudly.

One of the ponies began to stir at the coldness of the light wind, along with the sound coming from the birds. A Pegasus pony with pale creamy/canary yellow fur and a large & luxurious pink mane began to flutter her eyes open.

Fluttershy blinked many times, as she tried to remove the sleep from her eyes. She rubbed at her eyelids with her hooves. Her cyan pupils stared at the ceiling for a moment. She felt a yawn build up inside her, so she stretched her forelegs up into the air, as she opened her mouth to let out the yawn. Then, at that moment, she began to hear snoring coming from nearby. She turned her head to the right of her, and only saw the open window. She then turned her head to the left and... that was when she saw something that shocked her. The timid mare let out a small eep as she noticed that something was in the bed with her.

Another pony.

That pony had a rainbow-coloured mane and bright light blue/cyan fur. Fluttershy looked at the covers that she was under, only to see that it wasn't her butterfly covers... it was the covers of the pony that lay next to her.

Fluttershy didn't know what to say. Her head was swarmed by thoughts of what was going on. 'Oh... oh my goodness... is, is that..... Rainbow Dash?' Fluttershy thought to herself, knowing deep down that it was indeed, the future Wonderbolt-wannabe - Rainbow Dash. 'Wha.... what I am doing... in her bed?' Fluttershy was filled with shock.

Fluttershy decided to try and wake the sleeping pony next to her. Fluttershy gently nudged Rainbow Dash's shoulder with a single hoof. Unfortunately, that didn't work at all. The yellow Pegasus tried slowly shaking her friend. Still, there was no response. It was at that moment, however, that Fluttershy felt a tail swinging back and forth into her backleg. Fluttershy's mouth opened slightly, forming a small o.

'M-maybe I should try, waking her by... tickling her?' Fluttershy thought to herself, agreeing that tickling was perhaps her best bet. She opened up one of her wings, and rubbed it against one of the blue ears of Rainbow Dash. The ear began to twitch, while Fluttershy resumed with her slight tickling. Within no time at all, both ears were twitching, and then... a pair of magenta eyes began to open.

The timid mare decided to instantly stop tickling her friend's ear, and put her wing back by her side. She laid back down in the bed, as she still looked to her left. Rainbow Dash began to wipe the sleep from her dry eyes, although her eyelids didn't really want to open.

Once she managed to keep her eyes open, Rainbow Dash began to look up at the ceiling. Then, she heard a pony coughing quietly. She instantly swung her head to her right... and noticed Fluttershy staring right at her.

Rainbow Dash jumped up, in utter disbelief at what she was seeing. 'Is... is this for real!?' Rainbow Dash thought to herself, still in complete shock at what was in front of her, 'Why is... why is Fluttershy... in my bed?' Both ponies stared into each other's eyes for a moment - shock, puzzled, and confusion running through them.

"Uhh, umm... R-R-Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy stuttered, struggling to get her words out, as she still couldn't understand what was going on. Rainbow Dash stayed silent for a moment, before finally answering.

"Fl-Fluttershy?" said Rainbow Dash, in just as much shock as her yellow friend was. She gulped hard, unsure of what to do next.

The two of them still continued to lay in the same positions, staring into each others eyes, breathing quietly, their tails gently swinging backwards and forwards against each other's backlegs, - trying to figure out what in Equestria was going on.....

Author's Note:

Heya everypony!:rainbowwild:

So, here we are then: the prologue chapter for my Halloween/Nightmare Night-themed story, Ponies at Dawn, Monsters at Dusk. I was going through some ideas with Mister Phoenix (who this story is dedicated to), and he recommended that I have SD & FB as enemies at the start of this story. I sort of went with that, and decided to make them 'frenemies': they're friendly with one another, but they also have a rivalry against each other too.

Anyway, the end of the story links into the end of the description: as Fluttershy & Rainbow Dash both wake up, only to find that they're in the same bed? What in the hay did those two do last night to end up in bed together?

Maybe you'll find out in the next chapter!? Until then, I hope you enjoy the story so far!:twilightsmile:

Comments ( 9 )

FIRST!!!

....

....

....

....

....

Umm... It hard to say if I like a story based off the first chapter, I won't be able to read the rest of this story, even through I think it will end up being great. I just would like to remind everyone reading this story, this was my idea and it is much better than just going trick and treatin'

I'll link this story in a soon to be blog so more people will read it. Final thoughts time, I did like parts of it. I think there must be a easy way to shirten Shadowbolt Dash like maybe Shadowbolt, Shadow, Bolt or the one in the story SD.

I don't know what I don't like about this it hard to see of something is good or bad just from the first chapter.

MOAR BABY I WANT MOAR!:flutterrage:
I already know that this story is the definition of awesomeness.:ajsmug: and as such, I'm blogging about it to recommend I to eat errors who for lows me who doesn't know.:twilightsmile:

7699547

I think there must be a easy way to shorten Shadowbolt Dash like maybe Shadowbolt, Shadow, Bolt or the one in the story SD.

I think I'll continue with using SD. I will certainly consider Shadowbolt too though.

I don't know what I don't like about this it hard to see of something is good or bad just from the first chapter.

Whatever it may be that isn't so good about the story, I'll be sure to make improvements in the future chapters.
There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism/feedback.

I kept thinking that they were just going to prank they're alt selves for the hell of it by putting them in the same bed. But the romance bit is alright, also the flutterbat stall seen was priceless :rainbowlaugh:

BTW, how is "Shadowbolt dash" a monster exactly? seems more a literal alt-personality than a monster. Not even a really good one because it acts exactly like her.

7734251 Well, Shadowbolt Dash, as you said, isn't really a monster anyway. It's just simply a persona that she chooses to take on, I guess.

I kept thinking that they were just going to prank they're alt selves for the hell of it by putting them in the same bed. But the romance bit is alright, also the flutterbat stall seen was priceless :rainbowlaugh:

1. They probably did do that. Strange how Dash doesn't remember what happened though, seeing as she technically is still herself. But eeh, let's just roll with it.
2. Glad to hear you liked that part.

8021838
Uhhh....
What is your actual opinion on this story then?

I liked this story and want to see it continued so, please update soon.

Hiya everypony! Long time no see, huh?

In case any of you who have previously read this story have noticed, the word count may have changed a little bit. That's because I did a little bit of cleanup - making minor grammatical adjustments so that everything sounds better and more correct.

I can't say when this or my other story will next get updated - in terms of new chapters - as admittedly my interest in this franchise and shipping isn't quite as high as it once was.

BUT FEAR NOT! If I ever get the motivation back to continue them, you can bet your apples that I'll do just that.

Until then, happy reading all!

Login or register to comment