• Published 12th Oct 2016
  • 1,017 Views, 31 Comments

Applejack: The Equestrian-Raised Saiyan - Dat Dash



(DBZ Crossover) Applejack discovers her true past, and now the fate of Equestria hangs in the balance. (MLP belongs to Hasbro, DBZ created by Akira Toriyama)

  • ...
3
 31
 1,017

Confession Time! Granny Smith Confirms The Worst!

"Granny, it's me, Applejack. Ah just wanna talk. Can ah come in?"

"Well, of course ya can!"

Granny Smith opened the door to find Applejack, looking distraught and depressed.

"What's wrong, young'in?" asked Granny with concern, "You can tell me anything, ah'm yer grandmother, 'member?"

Applejack sighed. "Apparently not biologically..."

Granny's face suddenly became fearful. "Ah was afraid this day would come..."

Applejack sat down and sighed. "How did y'all find me?" she asked.

"Well," began Granny Smith, trying to remember, "yer parents and ah found ya in the middle o' the orchard when you were just a baby. And boy howdy, were you a rowdy little one. We tried everything we could to calm ya down, but nothin' we tried kept ya from bitin' an' kickin'... until one day, 5-year-old Big Mac accidentally knocked ya into a tree. You weren't seriously hurt or nothin', but whatever it was that made ya so angry, ya seemed to just forget about it! Really mellowed out afterwords, too. The only thing different about ya was a second tail... kinda like a monkey's or somethin'. It wasn't until after yer parents died that we finally got rid of it."

Applejack sighed. She hated to admit it to herself, but this Raditz pony seemed to be right after all.

"Why'd ya ask, hun?" inquired Granny.

Applejack braced herself.

"Well... there's this stalion who claims to be mah biological brother. He's got Apple Bloom, and he wants me ta kill a hundred ponies in order to spare her life..."

"Ain't no sister o' mine gonna kill innocent ponies ta save her family," said Big McIntosh at that moment as he entered the room. "Blood related or not, yer still an Apple. And an Apple never lets their fears get the better of 'em."

Applejack sighed in relief. "Thanks, Big Mac," she said, "Ah needed that." And she hugged both of them.


The next day...

"Well, Kakarotta?" asked Raditz in annoyance, "I'm waiiiiting."

Applejack looked around her. Surrounding her were Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Twilight, and Big Mac, all looking at her confidently.

She then turned to Raditz. "No," she said proudly.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?" he demanded in outrage. His blood was boiling with the fury of a supernova.

"Ah said... 'no.' Or perhaps ah haven't made myself clear?"

"YOU DARE REFUSE YOUR OWN BROTHER?!?"

"Ah told you," said Applejack, firmly yet confidently, "You ain't no brother of mine." She wrapped her hoof around Big Mac.

"THIS," she continued, "is mah brother. Now if y'all know what's best for ya, ah suggest ya gimme back my sister and leave this planet forever."

The others applauded at this.

Raditz's fury was reaching critical mass. "FINE!! I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP ANYWAY!! BECAUSE AS THE OLD PROVERB STATES, 'IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT, YOU MUST DO IT YOURSELF!!'" he shouted.

"The Princesses are on important business in Neighgeria at the moment," noted Twilight, "so it seems we're on our own. What do you propose we do, Applejack?"

"Just follow mah lead," she replied.

Author's Note:

Poor, poor Applejack...

Leave your thoughts in the comments as always. Don't be a dick about it, though. :ajsmug:

Comments ( 18 )

Well that escalated fast... You might want to consider using transitions like X hours later because the pacing is really off

Also another way to address the samine tail is that it was magically moved into her equine rail to help explain why Applejack is able to use her tail like a hand

7641219 I meant tail... damn smartphones! To paraphrase and quote The Lost Narrator in her blooper reels "Fuck them with a paddle sideways!"

I love it short chapter but is still great

Welp, the princesses are as useless as ever when it comes to world ending threats. Twilight is equally useless because she obviously can't write a letter that can convince her own teacher, who trusts her student most completely, that there is a threat that needs to be addresses.
And twilight REALLY needs to get her priorities straight! Something that can just PUNCH YOU THROUGH THE FLOOR deserves a little more urgency than "right after we get the library cleaned up"!!!

I'm not dissing on your writing or your story, nor am I telling you what's wrong. Because I feel like you're going to make applejack powerful and genius by comparison.
If you've read the MLP time loops, you'll understand when I say that this really reminds me of a weird crossover variant with a stealth anchor and nobody's awake.

7642120
7641181
7641524
I ain't even mad. Posts like this show me that people care, and if the worst complaints seem to be nitpicks, then I seem to be doing my job well. :twilightsmile:

On a side note, I'm currently packing up because I'm moving houses, so the next chapter will be a bit delayed.

7642855 that is ok I hope u like the new house ur moving to and I'll b waiting for the chapters

7642942
I haven't even moved in and I love it already. We can get cable internet there instead of satellite (massive help for playing games online and a huge bandwidth boost) AND I have a massive bedroom, even bigger than my parents'.

...

Yeah, I haven't moved out yet. :raritydespair:

Eh, such is life. The next chapter's gonna be good, though. :yay:

Comment posted by Belated1truth deleted Oct 16th, 2016

7643059 When in the series does this take place MLP wise? Also I hope you try to divert from DBZ canon as to not rely on it too much but still keep an orginal take. Also the mane 6 are going to need a massive training session if even hope to even confront any of the later villains. Let alone live.


Not to mention like none of them have any form of Kii control. Unless you are supplementing magic for Ki in the universe. Which even in the source materail where magic does exist it is not interchangable with Ki energy. Oh plus they don't have any dragonballs nor any Namekians for any of the sayains to comment on. I mean the whole reason Vegeta and Nappa came to Earth was to use the Dragonballs to wish for immortality. Well unless you plan an orginal Saga following this or base it one of the early film timeline, like World's Strongest or Tree of Might. Or better yet Lord SLug, that way they are introduced to the idea of Namekians, and he could mention the Dragonballs in passing.

If anyone is Kid Gohan potential then its the filly Lily Longsocks,( who appeared in Twilight Time, Crusaders of the Lost Mark and The Mane Event, and On Your Marks, where it shows she is apparently friends with Twist). She already has super strength someone her age, but just like Gohan is reluctant to use it. I mean, she even has a hedgehog a Cutie Mark representing Hedgehog's Dilemma.
Anyway hope to see more.

7645632
Oh, boy, here we go...

1) This fic takes place in an AU between Season 2 and Season 3.

2) I do intend to stray a bit from DBZ's main plot, but many aspects will retained and explained.

3) In this fic, ki does exist, and it can be used alongside magic. In addition, magical capability is also accounted for in power level measurements.

4) I am well aware of these things, so there will be some slight tweaking to these plot points in order for them to make sense in-universe.

5) Okay, seriously, you guys need to stop speculating about who's gonna be Gohan or Yamcha or Omega Shenron or whoever, because apart from Goku, who is represented by AJ, NONE OF THE CHARACTERS FROM DBZ WILL BE 100% REPRESENTED BY A PRE-EXISTING MLP CHARACTER. They will either appear as equinoid versions of themselves in DBZ canon (e.g. villains, Vegeta, Future Trunks), have MLP characters in similar roles (e.g. Hercule Satan, Bulma, Dr. Gero), or WON'T APPEAR AT ALL (e.g. Tien, Chiaotzu, Gohan, Yamcha, Krillin, Piccolo).

7645697 Oh sorry I did not mean as direct adaptions. I merely suggesting those with strentgh and story potential, like Maud etc. While doing comparisons for clarity sake. You do not have to take them to heart. I would honestly actually prefer if you go an orginal route reference some things, but still keep everyone in character. Thank you for the clarifications. Sorry if I came off in being insistant or pushy kind of way. I have faith in that you know what you are doing.

7645722
That was kinda my plan, actually. Here are some examples:

I was thinking Trixie would fill in the role of Hercule Satan, while Rainbow Dash would take Bulma's place as Vegeta's... ahem, love interest. Unlike Bulma, however, Dash'll still be fighting with the others.

As one may guess, Apple Bloom is filling in for Gohan's role (minus the whole half-Saiyan thing). And I keep bringing up AJ's parents because... well, remember how Grandpa Gohan died in Dragon Ball? Yeah, kinda like that.

Again, not even mad. I'm glad that people care enough to make suggestions. :scootangel:

7643059 that's great I can't wait

I have to apologize for putting this story on hiatus, as life has sort of gotten in the way. I've moved in to the new house nicely, and everything is settled in, but the past couple of months have been very stressful due to the move, the election, and the holiday season, not to mention I'm somewhat busy writing another fic. Hopefully, come later in January, I can get another chapter of this one in.

Sit tight, guys x3

Ladies and gents, we're FINALLY back off hiatus! It lasted a little longer than I had anticipated, but it's back now! Expect the next chapter soon! :yay:

So, of course, I'm still going to have other ongoing fics updated, as well as a new one shortly, but I'm going to add a new chapter soon, so keep an eye out for it!

Login or register to comment