• Published 10th Oct 2016
  • 496 Views, 1 Comments

Crusader's Quest in Cloudsdale - BoredWriter



When Rainbow Dash tells the story of her cousin who stopped playing with her after recieving a Stormcloud Cutie-Mark, the CMC go to Cloudsdale to investigate.

  • ...
2
 1
 496

Self Acceptance

Cirrus looks at her flank disappointed "Guess I'm stuck with this one". She proceeds to eat a hayburger.

Scootaloo swallows "But this time you didn't get it from cheating or losing"

Rainbow nods "Yeah there's a consistency between the two times you got that cutie mark. Both times you researched storm clouds and made something cool out of them. I'd say that's a pretty cool purpose to have"

Cirrus puts her head down "I shouldn't have researched storm clouds in the first place"

Rainbow Dash puts her head down too in front Cirrus "What gave you the idea that the only way to live is to be me?"

Cirrus looks up



"Hey Gusty Breeze, Tornado Twirl" Cirrus waves at two ponies playing checkers in Cloudsdale while Rainbow Dash follows "Hi Cirrus, how's your cousin Rainbow Dash " She's been great, I've been..."

"Oh we don't wanna hear about you, Rainbow Dash is far more awesome. Did she save Equestria again?"

The other pony asks "Whens the next Wonderbolt performance? Oh wait you don't know, you're not a Wonderbolt!"

Rainbow face hooves and flies up to them angry "WHAT?! Cirrus is totally awesome, she makes uh... things from storm clouds. It's all totally cool"

"We've seen enough storm clouds, can you do another Sonic Rainboom?"

"Can I have your autograph?"

Rainbow Dash pouts and walks away with Cirrus, who explains "A lot of ponies know me as your cousin. After you became an hero of Equestria everypony here just compares me to you, and only want to talk to me about you. I thought that living in isolation in a hidden workshop would make them forget our family connection. It didn't"

"No wonder you thought being me was the only way to make friends, maybe we can find friends for you somewhere else?"

Fluttershy approaches from behind "Well look no further!"


Cirrus, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy return to Twilight's castle, the CMCs follow them in with Twilight flipping through the letters. "I'm starting to see why you didn't like being yourself so much. At least ninety percent of these letters are just asking about Rainbow Dash"

"That's why I don't bother reading them" Cirrus adds, uninterested.

"But I want you to see the other ten percent" Twilight hands Cirrus a select few of the letters. She opens one which contains a card, with a photo of Pegasis, flying kites.

"Thank you for helping us build the wind generators! Signed by Breeze Freeze, Cloud Twirl, Snowstorm..." Cirrus looks at the letter confused "I only installed the wind generator motors to pay the bills"

Twilight asks "And how exactly did you build those motors?"

"They're powered by storm clouds, charging an metal coil"


Cirrus reads various letters to Twilight, who points to each of them with a smile.

"I didn't know there were ponies who appreciated my work. Do you know what were in those packages?"

"Well... Spike opened them first, they were all gift baskets for Rainbow Dash, except for one"


Rainbow Dash places a package in Cirrus's hooves "It's the one from Spitfire"

Cirrus opens it and pulls out a Wonderbolts Jacket.

"Spitfire gave you an official Wonderbolts Jacket? How?" Rainbow Dash looks around the jacket confused "Are you secretly a Wonderbolt?". She turns to the badge, which has a storm cloud on it.

Cirrus takes a note that was at the bottom of the package "An extra special thanks for inventing the Dizzitron, you're the only pony I know who could ever think of powering a wheel with a storm cloud. What ever you did, the Wonderbolts are eternally grateful, and you're welcome at the academy anytime, you could even help out with our performances. Are you in? Spitfire"

"You built the Dizzitron?!"

"Yeah I did... it looked painful seeing Mama Biceps twirl and throw ponies, so I thought of offering them an alternative. Spitfire bought it from me after proper testing". Cirrus puts the Wonderbolts Jacket on.

The CMCs add "It does explain Cirrus's signature on the back of the Dizzitron"


Twilight tells Cirrus "You should never have been ashamed of your special talents"

Rainbow Dash adds "I agree with you that I'm awesome and all, but you've forgotten how awesome you are" she hugs Cirrus.

Twilight laughs "You mean like when you met Daring Do right?"

"Now I just need to look for friends"

Fluttershy explains "Well you got nine of them here" Spike approaches "Or... um... ten."

Cirrus makes a confused grin and shakes hooves with Fluttershy.


The Mane 6 and Cirrus have a small party around the cutie map

Rainbow Dash looks around the vegetable sandwiches "Did any pony bring drinks?"

"I did!" Cirrus exclaims.

Rarity looks concerned "It's not rain water from a storm cloud is it..."

"Nope" Cirrus opens a white crate containing jars of Cider. She takes a jar and pours it into her glass. Applejack grabs the jar

"Hold on there, Applebuck season was two weeks ago, that outta be rotten by now". Applejack sniffs the jar "What!? It's not rotten?"

Cirrus nervously shakes her head "Me and Snowy Trail made this box that preserves drinks"

"You just keep getting more awesome by the minute!" Rainbow Dash pours herself Cidar and asks "Is it powered by storm clouds?"

Cirrus reaches into the crate and pulls out a snowcloud "Nah, snowclouds."

The mane 6 laugh, Applejack responds "That's real mighty fine, just please don't make a Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000."

Twilight leaves the table and enters the book room, where Starlight, the Cloudsdale Janitor, and the CMC are playing a card game. "Is everything okay in here."

The Janitor smiles "Never been better."

Author's Note:

My first story. So, what did you think?

Comments ( 1 )

I have reviewed this story HERE.

Login or register to comment