• Published 10th Oct 2016
  • 496 Views, 1 Comments

Crusader's Quest in Cloudsdale - BoredWriter



When Rainbow Dash tells the story of her cousin who stopped playing with her after recieving a Stormcloud Cutie-Mark, the CMC go to Cloudsdale to investigate.

  • ...
2
 1
 496

A Cloudy Past

"Morning!" The CMCs run into the castle of friendship, while Twilight, Starlight, and Spike are still eating breakfast. "Can we all go the Cloudsdale now?"

Twilight shakes her head "What for? Did something happen while we were gone"

Scootaloo exclaims "Cutie mark problem. Starlight helped us get there. We want to go back there so we can finish". She waves at Rainbow Dash who flies in.

"That was really nice of you to help them Starlight! That's a friendship problem solved right there. I'm sure she can help you return so you can finish"

Starlight walks up to Scootaloo angry "I don't know if I should help you."

"I understand Starlight, what I did yesterday was inexcusable"

Rainbow looks worried at Starlight "Erm. What did Scootaloo do"

"I made her wings a bit bigger so she could fly temporarily, but ignored my instructions to get on back on the cloud before the spell wears off. She fell off Cloudsdale"

"WHAT?! SCOOTALOO WAS FLYING? I totally should have stayed and watched"

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle raise their hooves "So were we. She turned us both into Pegasi"

Spike turns to a worried Twilight "Wow... I'm a bit afraid of Starlight now"

"I think it would be better off if you just did the Balloon this time"

Rainbow tries to talk sincerely with Scootaloo "Just because you messed up once doesn't mean you should ever try again. You've seen what happens when you get carried away, just like Rarity, and now know the consequences. Come on kid, give it another shot"

Scootaloo nods.

Starlight repeats the transfiguration spells, but Scootaloo remains in place and does not interfere. The CMC's fly away while Rainbow follows behind them amazed.

Starlight turns back to the table to see Twilight frozen. "Impressive huh?"


Sweetie Belle turns to Scootaloo who's flying in sync with her and Apple Bloom "It's good to have you back Scootaloo"

"No goofing off this time. We got a cutie mark problem to solve"

Rainbow Dash asks "Cutie mark problem?"

Apple Bloom explains "We thought of helping your cousin Cirrus with her cutie mark. Me and Sweetie Belle could only figure out who her little sister is, and we're hoping she can take us to Cirrus"

"Her name is Snowy Trail. You could have just asked me" Rainbow Dash scratches her head "Do you really think Cirrus wants to see me again? I may have gone too hard on her when we were fillies"

Scootaloo responds "But you're totally different now. Whatever the problem is I'm sure we can work it out"

Upon reaching Cloudsdale Rainbow doesn't follow the CMCs onto the cloud "I have to go to the Wonderbolt's Academy for a while this morning. I'll catch ya guys later"


The CMCs enter a crowd of fillies and colts for flight school, and approach Snowy Frost (Light blue filly with white mane) drawing pictures of snowflakes "Hi Snowy"

"Hi Cutie Mark Crusaders"

"You know us?"

"Yeah, my cousin Rainbow Dash told me all about you guys. I don't remember all three of you being Pegasi though"

"We're under a transfiguration spell temporarily. We're here looking for a cutie mark problem"

"I... don't have any cutie mark problems but thanks for asking" Snowy Trail holds up pictures of snowflakes she drew "I got my snowflake cutie mark by designing snowflakes for the cloud factory. Mom and Dad implements them every winter"

"Oh, we came here for your sister Cirrus"

"Cirrus has a cutie mark problem? She always said she was fine the way she is"

"We... have suspicions she isn't. Any idea where she is?"


"That's all for today?" Rainbow Dash walks around the Wonderbolt compound with a paper in her wing.

"Yup. This is our next aerial performance sequence, we'll start practicing it tomorrow afternoon" Spitfire explains, signing papers "Any plans for today?"

"Well, my friends were going to find my cousin Cirrus"

"Cirrus... that pony is one hard find. If you ever see her, give her this" Spitfire hands Rainbow Dash a package "We were meant to give this to her a year ago, but no pony was able to find her"

"What is it"

"It's a surprise"


Snowy Trail flies behind the Wind Generators and goes up to a cloud one of the generators is mounted on. She pulls away some of the cloud, revealing a hidden door. The CMCs inspect the door.

"Seriously?"

"Cirrus doesn't see ponies other much. I'm the only other pony who knows she lives here"

The CMC look concerned, then turn to the door "Are you ready to go in guys?"

Snowy Trail backs away "Sorry, but I have to go to the Cloud Factory to submit these snowflake designs. Wish you luck with Cirrus"

"I hope this works"

The CMC knock on the door. A Pegasi that looks much like Minuette in goggles opens the door "Snowy Trail? Sis? Are you there?"

"Cirrus?"