• Published 10th Oct 2016
  • 496 Views, 1 Comments

Crusader's Quest in Cloudsdale - BoredWriter



When Rainbow Dash tells the story of her cousin who stopped playing with her after recieving a Stormcloud Cutie-Mark, the CMC go to Cloudsdale to investigate.

  • ...
2
 1
 496

P.P.O.V

"Oh hey there" Cirrus looks curiously at the CMCs "Cutie mark crusaders?"

The CMCs nod "That's us!"

"Well come on in! No pony has visited me in ages, except my sis"

As the CMCs follow Cirrus into her house, Sweetie Belle looks around Cirrus then whispers to Apple Bloom "Yup, that's a stormcloud on her flank"

Cirrus turns around and looks at her flank "What about it? I understand you go around helping with cutie mark problems, but I don't think mine is solvable". She flies over to a workshop table with a storm cloud in a cylinder and hooks jumper wires to it. "I wish I had a different one"

As Cirrus writes down the meter readings, the CMCs turn around and start whispering to each other. Apple Bloom tells the other CMCs "Her cutie mark definitely isn't losing and everything to do with what's on that table. But how did she get it in a race against Rainbow Dash?"

They all scratch their heads confused.

Rainbow Dash approaches Derpy, who is holding a saddlebag filled with letters, and hands her the package for Cirrus "Mind delivering this to my cousin Cirrus?"

Derpy nods "Sure thing Rainbow Dash! " and flies away.

Rainbow Dash chuckles to herself "Lead me there" and starts following Derpy.



Apple Bloom whispers "Well we gotta start gathering information, ask something"

Sweetie Belle approaches Cirrus "Is there any reason you don't like your cutie mark?"

Cirrus looks up from her work and sighs "I used to be friends with Rainbow Dash, I'm sure you know her. She was the best flier I ever met and did everything she could to help me get a cutie mark like hers. We competed in flying races and learned what we could from watching Wonderbolts. But no matter how hard I tried, I could never fly as fast as she could"

The CMCs whisper to each other "Her story seems to match"

Cirrus continues "One day my parents showed me their workplace at the Weather Factory. There I discovered storm clouds" Cirrus takes out a cylinder containing a storm cloud. "They can store vast quantities of energy and water and I thought I could use them to beat Rainbow for once"

The CMCs expressions change to concerned.


"Urgh!" Derpy starts trying to stuff the package into a mail box.

"Derpy. That's my uncle and aunts house"

Derpy turns around "Oh hey Rainbow Dash! I just delivered your package!"

Rainbow hoof palms her face, then two Pegasi approach the house "Uncle Rainbow Trail! Aunt Hailstorm!"

"Hey, who's our fastest niece" Rainbow Trail rubs his hoof on Rainbow Dash's head. "We're on lunch break from the Cloud Factory"

Hailstorm pulls the package out of the mail box "Is this for Cirrus?"

"Yeah"

Rainbow Dash looks shocked as Rainbow Trail tosses the package into a closet filled with letters and other packages. "Uhhh whats all this"

"All of Cirrus's mail since she moved out. No pony knows where she lives now so her mail comes here". Rainbow Dash's pupils shrink



"WHAT?! Rainbow Dash lost a friend to a cutie mark too?" Twilight responds to Starlight around the book table.

"Yup. Word for word what she said yesterday" Starlight rolls her eyes.

Twilight shakes her head worried "No... no I didn't! I need to talk to her right now".

As Twilight panics and gets up, Starlight waves her hoof and puts it down "No need. There's a group of fillies that have it all under control"


Cirrus continues her story as a flashback "After researching the recoil caused by storm expulsion, I harnessed it into two cans, and strapped them under my wings. On the next race I used them to rocket boost myself faster than Rainbow Dash. It felt great until I realized I got my cutie mark for cheating, not winning".

Apple Bloom looks worried "So... you don't like your cutie mark because your special purpose is different? Cheating though isn't good".

Scootaloo exclaims "A stormcloud is pretty cool though"

Cirrus sighs "Rainbow Dash did all she could to help me become great like her and I ended up the opposite... an lowlife egghead. I couldn't let her know her efforts were in vain so I stopped seeing her entirely. She'd hate me for what I've become". Cirrus goes back to analyzing the storm cloud.

Sweetie Belle asks "Well... how do you know she won't like you?"

"Rainbow has achieved far more as of today than I ever will. She's a hero of Equestria, a Wonderbolt" Cirrus pulls out a Daring Do book "She's even assisted Daring Do. I'm nothing compared to her". Cirrus puts her head down "I would be a waste of her time"

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle look at each other then frown and are unable to say anything.

Scootaloo stands up "Well, no way to tell unless Rainbow is here"






"