• Published 10th Oct 2016
  • 496 Views, 1 Comments

Crusader's Quest in Cloudsdale - BoredWriter



When Rainbow Dash tells the story of her cousin who stopped playing with her after recieving a Stormcloud Cutie-Mark, the CMC go to Cloudsdale to investigate.

  • ...
2
 1
 496

The Cutie Re-mark

"If you do see Cirrus, give her the mail, thanks!" Hailstorm waves as Rainbow Dash drags a sack of letters and packages out of their home.

"I gotta find her now if it's the last thing I daring do!"


"No need" Scootaloo flies up to Rainbow Dash.

"You found her?"

"Yup. She kinda... lives in a secret workshop inside the clouds, under a wind generator. Come on! I'll race ya"

Scootaloo flies off quickly, Rainbow Dash tries to go but can't carry the sack, it's too heavy.


"Did you try making new friends?"

Cirrus slides the cylinder with the storm cloud in a motor "Every pony I've ever talked to just tell me how awesome my cousin is and nothing else" Cirrus scratches her chin "Except... one guy who asked if Rainbow Dash would be his date". Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom chuckle. "That was when I gave up on friendship"


Twilight drops her book "I... I... felt a disturbance... somewhere"


Scootaloo keeps flying back to Rainbow Dash who is having trouble dragging the sack. "Need a hoof?"

Fluttershy approaches "I can help"

"What are you doing here Fluttershy?"

"Applejack told me the CMCs were returning to Cloudsdale. I wanted to make sure they're safe"

"Oh we're safe alright, mind helping us carry this sack?" Fluttershy nods.


Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle sit depressed. Cirrus flies up carrying the motor "Well, I'm off to install this Wind Generator motor, I'll be right back"

As Cirrus approaches the door, Scootaloo flies in "There's somepony here to see you". Rainbow Dash walks in, while Fluttershy tries to get the sack through the door.

Cirrus quickly hides the motor behind her work table. She lifts up her goggles and mutters "Rainbow Dash? Um... are you sure you don't have more important ponies to be with?"

"Nope, I've wanted to see you like my whole life! How have you been since you got your cutie mark? You were always kinda... quiet about it"

Cirrus sighs "It's awful"

"AWFUL?!"

"I've always wanted to become just like you. Confident, brave, amazing flyer. But no matter how hard I tried I never could. I cheated in the last race against you out of desperation, and that didn't work either. It just got me a stupid storm cloud on my flank, probably for cheating"

Rainbow Dash scratches her head "Well... there is a pony I know who can remove your cutie mark. Then maybe I can practice with ya, and you'll achieve awesomeness in no time"

"Deal!"

"I'll tell her not to put an equal sign"

As Rainbow Dash and Cirrus leave the workshop, Cirrus spots Fluttershy inspecting the items in the sack "You and your friends can keep those if you want, you deserve them"

Rainbow Dash shrugs "Thanks, I guess"

CMC's look at each other worried. Apple Bloom yells "NO! There has to be another way!"

Sweetie Belle looks back "Is there?"

Scootaloo sighs "I... don't know. You have to admit though, Rainbow Dash is awesome, what pony wouldn't want to be like her?"

"But what would make a pony want give up their cutie mark just to be like their cousin? That's a bit extreme"

Fluttershy walks in "Can you girls help me take this sack to Twilight's castle. I could wrap these for next Hearth Warming"


Fluttershy and the CMCs slowly fall, while carrying the sack "What do you think is in there?"

"You'll find out next Hearth Warming, it's only a month away"


"I am honored to be within a 5 meter radius of you Princess Twilight"

Rainbow taps on Cirrus bowing "Uh, Cirrus you don't have to do that"

"You must be Rainbow Dash's old friend Cirrus, I heard you had a problem with your cutie mark so you ended your friendship with your cousin, is that correct?"

"Yeah... I kinda got my cutie mark for cheating against Rainbow Dash, it didn't work anyways. Rainbow says there's a pony here who can remove my cutie mark"

Twilight gasps "YOU WANT YOUR CUTIE MARK REMOVED?"

"If your cutie mark was something derogatory I'm sure you would too"

Twilight hesitates "I guess you're right... I don't know much about cutie mark magic, but I'll bring Starlight here"


Fluttershy and the CMC land in front of the castle with the sack, "I hope we're not too late". The CMC run to the castle without Fluttershy.

"Uh... help?"


Starlight removes the storm cloud cutie mark from Cirrus's flank "I can remove it easily, but it will try to return to you if set free". Starlight takes out a jar.

Twilight watches scared and tearing.

Cirrus looks at the cutie mark angry "Can you destroy it"

"No refunds". Cirrus nods. Starlight concentrates on the cutie mark held by her magic, then shatters it.

The CMCs watch the shattered pieces of the cutie mark fly away.