• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 4,160 Views, 461 Comments

The Diary of Diddy Discord - DreamWings



Self explanitory really. It's a young Discord's Diary. 'Daddy asked him to write it.'

  • ...
8
 461
 4,160

PreviousChapters Next
Ghost-ponies of the past in Entry Thirty-Eight

Dear Diary,

I've been thinking a lot recently. Thinking about things that I would never want to tell anypony for fear that they would be hurt by my own thoughts. It's just that beforehand I would've never even considered the Nightmare monster's offer, but recently I've started to doubt myself more than ever. This isn't helped by the fact the new medicine I got to replace the old one I lost has now suddenly vanished again, as has Silas', in the exact same place as last time. Silas swears there was nopony but me and him anywhere near the bottles, but there must have been otherwise where would they have gone?

I'm seriously beginning to suspect ponies for trying to do something bad to me. Most likely Nocturn if it's going to be anypony. But I don't understand why he'd want to hurt Silas. He's never done anything to him. I mean they've only just met each other properly and they really haven't spoken at any point. Silas said he didn't want to speak to him because of what he's been doing around Canterlot. There's plenty of ponies that my friend wouldn't want to speak to in my life. Somehow they've all gone really weird.

That's what I've been thinking about-- the changes that everypony has been through, and whether or not they're good or bad anymore.

I mean, what about Tia for example. She's technically a victim in all of this mess, but didn't she bring it on herself? After all it was her pride getting in the way when she chooses to believe Nocturn over me, just because she doesn't want to admit that she may have misjudged his character and I was right. True she's kind, and generous; not to mention extremely magical-- but you can't have these three things only and expect to be harmonious. If anything Loony's much better at harmony than the 'harmonious, perfect princess' is.

But Loony's my little bundle of chaos and I wouldn't want her to change. She's honest to an extent that she isn't afraid to tell somepony that they're an idiot or yell at her Father for not caring about his kingdom anymore. That's a bad and a good thing. And she's so into laughter that she giggles at the silliest of things-- I couldn't imagine her ever not being able to laugh, unlike her sister who hasn't laughed since we were young foals. The most important thing about Loony is that she's loyal. She'd do anything for me. Even if it meant being banished for trying to help me or somepony else, even if it was to the moon or to the Griffon lands, she'd still do it because she cares about those who are loyal to her in return. Out of everypony she's the one I'd be most dependant on... but she's still too young to put into danger. I wouldn't want her to get hurt. When I think about her when she was a baby filly, it just makes my heart melt. I miss those days.

Dr Calamity used to tell us at NEMI that thinking about all the positive elements of the ponies we loved is the key to getting over our illness, but I don't see how that helps when you're struggling. Especially when you're just starting to realise that those ponies you loved aren't the ponies you loved anymore. When change takes over and rules Equestria. Change can be good too, that's what chaos was all about-- that would be what Blankety wanted.

He's still alive you know, I can feel it. He's not left just yet. As long as I'm here fighting for him he'll never leave. For King and chaos I will fight. What was it I used to say? Dow de dow de dow dow dow de dow. Ha!

Nopony else would understand that joke. Maybe Rainbow Dragon might-- he's a guard I met once at NEMI. He used to tell the most insane jokes and make us laugh. Sometimes he'd even sneak us out of our room at night, take us to the kitchens and we'd have an insane midnight feast with ghost stories and everything. When he was with us we were all happy. Even Morning Glory, the night nurse, used to let it slide when she found our room's entry. Sometimes she even joined in with the feast, though that was barely ever.

Glory reminded me so much of Mummy-- it made me feel better when I'd had a nightmare if she came and lulled me to sleep. That's why it was so upsetting when she left-- and then Rainbow Dragon disappeared as well. Fired we think, for what they'd allowed to happen with the patients. Somepony must have snitched on us. We never figured out who but somepony did.

I never saw Morning Glory or Rainbow Dragon ever again after that. Some say that they simply had to go find another job-- other's say that that the punishment for the workers was a lot more ferocious than that. They say that they never even left the building-- not alive that is. But we don't think that's true-- at least I hope it's not. Silas was one of the firm believers that it wasn't. He even swore in his letters that he'd seen them both after he left the hospital and that they were fine and very much alive.

Though I don't know whether he was telling the truth.

See, that was another change we had to go through that wasn't positive. Even Dr Calamity left after his consultancy was no longer needed on the special case he was working on. It's not fair that ponies go away. It's true what they say, change makes more change come. And I don't like it.

My brother's, including Gallows, barely talk to me anymore either. They're too busy training, preparing themselves to give their lives for the zombified King Alicorn who cares more for his own sadness than anypony else's.

Everypony is so stupid. Aside from a few there's nopony I wouldn't like to just end their misery once and for all. Without them in my life I could make Equestria so much more fun-loving and free. The kind of world we all wanted in the first place-- a place where even if they were gone they could still live on forever. And all could become true if I just joined the monster.

I wouldn't be the death of my friends-- I would be their salvation. A hero to the masses. The Lord of Chaos-- the most famous, and greatest colts ever to exist. Everypony would be able to control their own destiny and have fun whilst doing it, and why? Because there'd be no boundaries. If we wanted corn that popped into popcorn it could be ours. If we wanted to be able to drink the glass and still have the drink to go then we could. Nothing would be impossible.

And most importantly everypony'd be happy. Apart from those who deserved to be miserable. Those who would try to stop me or hurt my family-- like Nocturn or Alicorn. They wouldn't be there to get in our way anymore or send us off to another place when they couldn't understand and didn't want to know.

But, tell me Diary, does that make me a monster?

Am I like Sombra or am I Diddy? I need to know.

Help me.

PreviousChapters Next