• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 4,159 Views, 461 Comments

The Diary of Diddy Discord - DreamWings



Self explanitory really. It's a young Discord's Diary. 'Daddy asked him to write it.'

  • ...
8
 461
 4,159

PreviousChapters Next
I'm going to miss you in Entry Thirty-One

Dear Diary,

I always knew that I'd be punished a lot for what I did (I deserve it too, I'm nothing but a monster) but I never imagined that Uncle Alicorn would do this to me. Okay, yes, he does say I won't be gone forever-- but any amount of time away from the ponies I love is forever to me. He doesn't want to send me away, I know he doesn't, but other ponies are making him do it to me. Uncle Alicorn is the only pony who understands but he's too weak to come up with his own decisions. Every other pony comes before me-- and so I have to go.

Go far, far away to a 'special school' as he calls it. Mommy will still be able to come and see me once every two weeks if I'm good, but that's it; that's all the pony company I get to see in two years of my life; maybe even longer. And Diary, I'm not allowed to take any of my stuff with me-- including this Diary. I can't write anything in here for ever and ever and ever and ever. That's FOUR evers. That's a long time Diary. A long time to not do something I really love to do. I know you're just a few pieces of paper that only I can read but I don't know-- I sort of feel like there's other ponies out there too; listening to everything I say and understanding how I feel. Writing in here makes me feel like somepony out there cares about me. They can't get rid of that can they? They can't get rid of everything I love.

I-- I don't want to leave you Diary. I don't want to leave Lady Blankety either-- he'd have wanted me to look after her. She needs to be here to share in our world; without her it won't feel real.

Tia and Loony have been told they can't come down to my house to see me off. Their Mom thinks it'll be too dangerous. I don't care; she's a horrible unloyal mare anyway. Always had been, even to Uncle Alicorn.

Mommy told Galloway he had to see me, so he ran straight past my room, glimpsed at me and locked himself in his own room. Yes, maybe he had 'seen' me but he hadn't wanted to really look. My own brother hates me and has chosen to stay over at Nocturn's the night before I leave. It's unfair. Nocturn gets to stay here whilst I'm really far away from my family and friends. Although I suppose he didn't destroy anypony he cared about-- but only because he doesn't care about anypony anyway. Ha!

Aunt Marelin came round to see me. She's the only one who has. I like her so much it makes me want to cry just thinking about leaving her behind. I'll always care for Aunt Marelin more than any other pony. You know, she even tried to talk Uncle Alicorn out of sending me away. If he wasn't so weak against other ponies he would have listened to her too. She brought me some chocolate milk and popcorn straight from the palace-- knowing that where they're sending me they won't let me have my favourite treats. I SO badly wanted to tell her about Nightmare Moon. I almost did. But then I looked at her smiling happy face and noticed that her eyes weren't as shiny as usual-- her coat was quite dull compared to how it was usually too. Something was wrong; I didn't want to add to it.

That's the weird thing about ponies coats. They go really dull when you're upset. Aunt Marelin taught me all about the energy inside ponies coats that do this strange colour-change. She said it could be used against a pony; no doubt that the monster knows that too. I bet Aunt Marelin would be really happy in the Chaos World. She loved things like that.

After a while she had to leave and I was left alone with you Diary. I'm still here now, all alone. Mommy and Uncle La Loo sent my Dinner up and stayed downstairs. I can hear them arguing in their bedroom. Mommy sounds like she's crying-- or that could be Uncle La Loo. I've seen him cry more than Mommy. Foal.

It feels just like when I came here and ended up at the Soldier School. Does that mean there's good things to come? They're here to collect my stuff to put in another place. Which means-- Diary-- you've got to go. I promise to come back. I promise, promise, promise, promise. That's FOUR promises.

I'll miss you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We'll miss you too Diddy. We always do. Thanks for the letter. I've put it in here to keep ALL of you close to us.

To Tia and Loony,

I'm at NEMI... and I'm bored. They hardly let you do anything here, and they give me yucky medicine to eat everyday. Silas says you get used to it but I don't think I want to. I'd much prefer to stop taking it altogether. The great news is Silas (he's my friend here; Loony'd really like him. He can be really funny sometimes), well, he says that if we're good for so long then we can have any visitor we want here.

Okay, here's the question then. You see, Silas always gets his best friend to come see him, and I thought, since you're my best friend Tia, that maybe, if you'd like to, you could come over and see me? It'd be really fun and we can play some of the games we always used to play. Would you like that? Or we could play new games. I can come up with some great ones.

I know you have Nocturn for a best friend now, but I thought maybe you could leave him for a bit and you could see how much better I'm getting.

Tia, I didn't mean to hurt Blankety. I've never forgiven myself for that-- but Silas is helping me learn to see better. I'm not the only one who's made terrible mistakes in this place, and everypony regrets it. Silas certainly does.

The visiting day is in two weeks time. Can't wait to see you there. I've told everypony all about you and they can't wait to see you too. They wouldn't believe how wonderful you really are, but they can see it when you come.

See you soon Tia (and keep being cute Loony).

And Tia... you really are my best friend. I love you for that.

Love from,

Your Diddy Lion



I'm so sorry Diddy. I just couldn't. It was too early.
It was all my fault.

PreviousChapters Next