• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 4,157 Views, 461 Comments

The Diary of Diddy Discord - DreamWings



Self explanitory really. It's a young Discord's Diary. 'Daddy asked him to write it.'

  • ...
8
 461
 4,157

PreviousChapters Next
A tough decision in Entry Thirty-Seven

Diary,

I seriously don't know what to do anymore. Everypony looks different to me now. Try as I might to stay calm as I was taught I keep feeling on edge; lost with nowhere to run to. I would run away to the campsite, where everything was always better, but I'm trying to resist. This needs to be faced alone without the comforts of my capital.

At least Silas is still here, he keeps me sane. The loss of his tablets don't seem to have affected him so badly. In fact it was his idea that I should go spend time with my old friend Shadow today to help calm my nerves a bit about Nocturn. You see-- I did a bad thing-- a really bad thing again.

I was only following him again to find out more but when I actually saw him KISSING another mare and talking about Tia to her as if she was nothing more than a piece of trash who didn't deserve her crown-- I just flipped. Nopony's allowed to talk about my Tia that way. Tia's the greatest. Someponies would consider themselves the luckiest colt alive to be dating her for who she is. To someponies, who's lives aren't as clean and cosy as his, Tia's the only pony they have standing between themselves and pure loneliness and insanity. And it's those type of ponies that deserve to have her love, not him. Some of us actually want her to be near and have nopony else but her.

I know they do.

Like Loony for example. She looks up to her big sister a lot.

And Miamore and Gallophad care for her too.

So do Galloway and Shadow.

And me I suppose. I care a lot for her too. She may be boring and dull sometimes but I'd only say that to her jokingly, never in a mean way. Why would I ever want to hurt Celestia?

Her Father on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. He shouldn't have talked to me in that way; as if I was just some little piece of dirt covering up a wonderfully big diamond. He's so obsessed with diamonds recently it drives me mad. So much for being generous to everypony. If anypony even goes near his precious collected stones from the Everfree he goes ballistic.

Not to mention his crazy attitude towards some of his loyal followers. I've seen how his eyes go when he lies to them. Somehow he's deluded himself into believing that he has to be dishonest all the time. Says that some giant piles of talking apples told him to fear ponies like Leafy Pines and Midnight Shimmer.

In fact the only pony he seems to trust at the minute is Marelin.

Now, she's the only pony I actually like at the minute. Aunt Marelin's still as amazing as ever. She may act like a small filly from time to time but she's nice, gentle and kind. True, she's due to have a foal any minute but what does that matter? When her foal comes I'll be the sweetest friend it could ever want. I know Alicorn's really excited about it being born, but he's also really worried about Marelin. Maybe that's why he's acting so grumpy-- but still he shouldn't have banished some of the ponies he has done out of fear. He's being too overprotective of Marelin, and she's tried over and over to tell him this I know.

He won't even listen to his own advisor anymore. It's all getting so ridiculous.

That's why I went to Shadow's. To get away from it all-- to get away from them all. But I got more than I bargained for.

When I went to the front of the house the door swung wide open for me. I don't know why but my hooves/claws seem to work of their own accord but didn't go in the right direction. That evil witch down in the basement had cast some kind of trick on me to go towards her, down below.

I was trapped right? I was going to be eaten alive?

No, you're wrong. Shadow's Mother wasn't even there. Only the cauldron with the face. The terrifying Nightmare monster I'd lived in fear of for two years. But I didn't see her as that anymore. She was a friendly face; somepony different than all this horror all around me.

She was kind to me. She offered me the deal of a lifetime. To help her in the demise of King Alicorn once and for all. She offered me things I could only ever imagine-- the chaos capital in real life. The chaos land could become reality with her help.

Better yet, she could make me all-powerful like her. I could never be destroyed again. She'd let me live forever.

It's my choice that I have to think about.

And all this: love, happiness, chaos-- all it would cost me is one little murder. One little murder of the pony that no longer was the stallion I thought before. The stallion who was already dying mentally anyway and deserved to finally let go of all of his and everypony else's troubles.

It would take a few years, she agreed, but eventually we could rule Equestria together. And Tia would be free from Nocturn-- because he would be under my control from then on.

But I still don't know what to do Diary. I just want everything to go back to the way it was. Isn't there another way other than joining Nightmare?

I don't know what to do anymore. There's only one pony I could ask and that's Silas.

Yes I'll ask Silas. He'll probably be shocked and appalled when he hears all that that monster said to me. There's no way he'd agree with her.

Through everything Silas will always be a reliable, good-natured friend. He'd never want anypony to get hurt-- especially not if me or him where the one's doing it.

Unless....

PreviousChapters Next