• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 4,159 Views, 461 Comments

The Diary of Diddy Discord - DreamWings



Self explanitory really. It's a young Discord's Diary. 'Daddy asked him to write it.'

  • ...
8
 461
 4,159

PreviousChapters Next
Searching for a friend in Entry Twenty-Five

Dear Diary,

Entry twenty-five and still nothing’s got better. Nocturn’s always round at the palace nowadays. You’d think he lived there or something. Which only means that yours truly doesn’t get to go unless he walks over to visit Loony in her room. As much as I like doing that, and I love seeing Loony, I miss Tia and Galloway and Miamore. I even miss Gallophad and the rare moments he smiled before going back to need-the-potty face. Why can’t everything just go back to normal?

I went over to see Aunt Marelin today, hoping she’d be able to answer some of my questions. I asked her if there was a spell that could turn Nocturn into a dog—then wouldn’t he look silly—she said there was but I shouldn’t use it to get back at somepony. I tried to tell her it was to use on myself for a game I was playing but she didn’t believe me. Aunt Marelin’s never usually so smart as to guess when I’m lying; she really is cleverer than I thought. ‘Maybe she’d make a good friend and play games with me and stuff,’ I’d thought. No idea what I was thinking; Aunt Marelin said no straight away. As much as she really wanted to play around instead of doing work she had a lot to do and had to get it done or she’d be in trouble.

Captain Shimmer came in then so I had to leave. Being around Captain Shimmer and Aunt Marelin when they were together was yucky. After that I didn’t really know who to go to. I walked around the gardens for a bit and spent a long time staring at the ‘Little Everfree’. The more and more I looked at it the more I longed to go back there. There were no traitors there, just me and my friends; the way it should be. I sighed. At least I think I sighed otherwise King Alicorn suddenly appearing behind me and saying, ‘you should close your mouth before you start a hurricane,’ would make no sense whatsoever. Though like I’ve said before I don’t understand making sense anyway, I’d much rather have fun. Explains why me and Nocturn don’t get along—at least it might be one of the smaller reasons we don’t get along.

Uncle Alicorn sat down next to me and smiled. His smile is really nice—just like Miamore’s—you can’t help smiling back at him. He always reminded me of my Daddy, being able to make me laugh when I felt like bursting into tears. I miss my Daddy so much right now. He’d know what I should do. Uncle Alicorn might’ve known what to do, but he didn’t know what I’d done. And because of that he didn’t know that I already knew Nocturn before he came here after me like the stalker he is.

He was really nice to me though; even gave me some of his home-grown food from his personal garden that he never lets anypony inside. I was confused as anything when he gave me a pot and a bag.

“The bag has a seed in it for a cacao tree. You can plant it and look after it.”

I didn’t know why this seed would help me in any way but when he told me that cacao tree’s fruit made chocolate—and chocolate milk with a bit of skill—I was hooked. Imagine a whole tree full of chocolate milk. It was the nicest idea I’d ever thought of in my wildest dreams. When we’d designed our World we’d made all the fruit on the trees and stuff grow really big so that our giraffe-like animals would be able to eat twice as much—but that didn’t sound nearly as cool as a tree growing chocolate milk.

Uncle Alicorn showed me how to plant it and what I should do to look after it. The speech was a bit boring but I promised I’d look after CM (I gave the plant a name, see). He was the nicest gift I’d ever got and I’d never lose him.

There was a question I’d always wanted to ask Tia’s Daddy—a really BIG question—and now, when everypony had left me, I thought it might have been the right time to ask him. I asked him why he liked me and tried to help me so much (a bit stupid I know, but I’d wanted to find out ever since I started coming to the palace).

“Well,” he’d started, “for one thing you saved my child when we were afraid to lose her.”

This was news to me. Oh but maybe he meant it like a metaphorical thing—we learnt about that at school. It was on the spelling test and I’m a good speller.

“Not only that,” he carried on, looking at me, “I know what it’s like to be an outsider Diddy; to not look like the rest. I was the first alicorn remember—so according to the Kingdom I was a monster, and a discord.”

A discord? I’ve only just realised that that’s what my old teacher used to call me all the time. I never knew what she meant but it must have been something really important and powerful if King Alicorn was called it too. Yes, I’m really important and powerful. I’m not Diddy, I’m not More Dread (growl)—I am Discord, hear me roar.

Ha! Only joking Diary, I’m still Diddy. I don’t think I want to be anything different from myself anyways.

After that Sir Ember came down to find Uncle Alicorn, so he had to leave. Ten-ish minutes went by (I can read time by the sun. Daddy taught me) and I got really bored so I took a walk down to Blankety’s school. He should’ve been out by now and hopefully would be able to play with me.

But when I got there I couldn’t seem to find him anywhere. He wasn’t in his room (and neither was Lady Blankety), he wasn’t in any of the classrooms; he wasn’t in the courtyard or the gardens. Eventually I found him in the corner of the gym, snuggled up under a few of the drill team sticks and uniforms, crying. He looked up when I walked over and more tears fell down his face.

“Oh Diddy,” he cried (because he was crying), “they got rid of her. They burned her all up.”

I don’t know how but as soon as he said it I knew who ‘her’ was. The Sergeants had always threatened to get rid of Lady Blankety, saying he was much too grown up a colt to have her and she was too old and faded to be important. Blankety never told anypony why she was so important to him—but he’d told me. I knew that his Mommy had died when he was little, and that before she’d died she was the one who looked after him whilst his Daddy was away. Lady Blankety had been his Mommy’s favourite doll when she’d been growing up, though it was just ‘Lady’ to her until she gave it to her son to cheer him up one day.

Lady Blankety was all he had left to make him feel safe and to show him that his Mommy was still there. And now he was scared. And crying. Those mean, hateful piggy’s had got rid of something really special to him—and how could he stop them? He was trapped here whilst his Daddy was helping guard and fighting. One day he may lose his Daddy too and then he’d have nothing. Just like I had once.

There was only one thing to be done. I gave Blankety my little plant.

He looked a little taken aback but he accepted it. His smile grew even wider when I told him what it was—and even though I wasn’t so happy when my CM was given a new name of Lady Blankety the Second I still beamed back at him.
I’d made my friend feel better, that’s all that mattered. Even Nocturn and my other problems didn’t mean anything anymore. The truth was that I knew what Blankety was going through, it’d happened to me and nopony had been there to help; so now I’d do everything in my power to make sure he got through it just like I had. He wasn’t as brave as me so he’d need a bit of help.

And Diddy was the one to help.

PreviousChapters Next