• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 4,161 Views, 461 Comments

The Diary of Diddy Discord - DreamWings



Self explanitory really. It's a young Discord's Diary. 'Daddy asked him to write it.'

  • ...
8
 461
 4,161

PreviousChapters Next
Safety in Entry Twenty-Nine

Dear Diary,

I ran away from home. Well, I couldn’t stay there any longer could I? I had hardly any friends because everything’s been wrecked. There’s only one place where I feel safe anymore—in our Capital, just near the Everfree. I hitched a ride on a few wagons and brought a small sheet with me. If it starts raining or anything I’ve built myself a little tent with sticks—my Daddy showed me how to make them when I was small because my stick houses kept falling over. But now I know that Daddy didn’t even care about me anyway so I don’t care.
Food is easy. I’ll just get stuff from the Everfree and hope that when I swallow it, it doesn’t kill me instantly. It’s okay, I’m sure I’m smart enough to figure out which plant is nice and which plant is not nice. Top of the class remember; I can do anything. Anything but keep friends.

I can’t help it Diary, I miss them. Tia can be boring sometimes but she’s also one of my best friends and I miss her. Don’t forget I searched for her for ages so she’s really important to me. And Loony—I really miss Loony. She was the cutest, littlest friend you could ever ask for. Me and her got along so well; better than anypony else I think. Her first word was my name—and my last word would be her name I know. I miss her so much.

Everypony I care about is gone. The only way I can get them back is through my memories at this place. The world we created was for us, and it always will be. From Gallophad’s balloon garden (I know, who knew he liked cool stuff?) to the newly installed flying pigs that Shadow added (he believes that every animal should have the chance to have as much fun flying as he does. Plus the more flying creatures the more races he can have). Everything belongs to us as a group—and best of all, nopony can hurt us here. I’m safe here just like everypony else is.

Hitching lifts was scary. Especially since I had to hide from the driver because they might try to take me back if I didn’t. One driver noticed me and I had to run as fast as possible to get away from him. Thankfully, as small as my wings might be, I managed to flutter up a big tree and get out of danger. Dow de dow de dow de dow. It’s been really hard work trying to not be noticed by anypony. I was especially careful leaving home past the guards—they know me so well that I was sure they’d see what I was doing even if I pretended to be just going on a walk. Thankfully as well as they know me, I know them. Which means I know who falls asleep where and when they switch shifts with one another. I am Diddy Lion, hear me roar.

And now I’m here—all by myself—near the Everfree—all alone. I miss the others. Somehow I thought that if I came here I could feel them here with me. Blankety—I can feel that he’s with me still—feasting on a massive number of smores and making himself twice as sick as he has been before. Shadow’s never even been here; he wouldn’t be allowed anyway. There’s no way his evil ‘friends-with-a-monster’ mother would ever let him come so far away. She scares me. I’m scared that Uncle Alicorn’s going to get hurt and I’m not going to be there when it happens. I’m never going to see him again. Being alone is lonely.

Please, please Everfree, make everything right again. Make my friends come back to me and spend time in the woods here; make them see that I’m not a bad guy. I’m not the villain, I’m the victim. With both Nocturn trying to ruin everything and the evil monster, Nightmare, hoping to get rid of me—I don’t know what else to do but hide away from everypony. No matter how much I want to go back I just can’t. Nopony can save me if I do. I just can’t go back.

--------------------------------------------


I’m back. Back home to all the rush and stuff. Nopony even properly realised I was gone. They thought I’d just gone for a walk and missed Dinner, not knowing where I really was. Only one pony noticed that I’d left and traced me to where I was; Uncle Alicorn.

I was just going to get some foraged fruit in the woods when he landed on the grass in front of me. He made me jump really high in the sky. My wings started working without me and then I came back down crash, bang, wallop. He’d only laughed and gave me a hug.

He’d asked me why I’d come to the camping site, so I told him the truth. The whole truth—about how Daddy died, and how Nocturn had talked about it—and everything. He understood. I couldn’t believe how nice he was to me about it. He said he’d gone through the same sort of problems growing up so I didn’t have to worry about it. The only not nice thing he said was that I was being silly getting at Nocturn about it- neither of us really did anything to my Daddy, and both of us have had time apart to understand each other better. Yeah, I understand he’s nothing but a mean nasty poopy-face. Ha!

Anyway, I didn’t tell Alicorn that, and I agreed to come home where I’d be happier. It was getting cold anyway. And there was nothing really nice to eat or drink in a wood. I tried eating a leaf and it tasted all woodsy and disgusting. Candyfloss tastes much better in my eyes. Actually, candyfloss eyes would be pretty cool—though wouldn’t ponies try to eat them? And how would you see? Okay, maybe it wouldn’t be that fun after all. Still I’ll keep it in mind for some time when it might be needed.

Home sweet home. And everypony seems friendly with me again so I think we’re going to be fine. It’s time I showed Nocturn who the bigger pony of the two of us is.

P.S. In case you don’t know, that’s me. I’m the bigger pony. Just thought I’d make sure to remember that later. What’s that big word that means to make ponies understand what you’ve said? Oh yes, carrot-fry—I’m carrot-frying what I mean. See, smart.

PreviousChapters Next