• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 4,158 Views, 461 Comments

The Diary of Diddy Discord - DreamWings



Self explanitory really. It's a young Discord's Diary. 'Daddy asked him to write it.'

  • ...
8
 461
 4,158

PreviousChapters Next
Hey look, Entry Fifteen

Dear Diary,

I had a really weird but okay day today. Everypony was really busy and couldn’t hang out with me as much. Galloway was having extra Knight training by himself so he was busy with that. GG and my other older brothers had gone away to a special camp for the weekend. Mommy and Uncle La Loo had to go back to their old castle because they had some stuff to do there; they wouldn’t tell me what and they wouldn’t let any of us come. Galloway said that was normal, they did it a lot. So it seemed I was going to be pretty much alone for the weekend.

But then I thought I’d go to see Tia. After all I’ve been to the Palace a few times now and she said I had an open invite to come over whenever I wanted. And right now I really wanted to go. There’s only so many times you can see how high you could throw popcorn to catch it in your mouth (got right up to the ceiling once. Who rules? Diddy rules). So I took a short walk over to see her. A Butler opened the door for me and told me that Tia was doing some royal Princess duties that day.
Which meant that Tia was also really busy. I felt really upset. I just wanted to spend some time with one of my friends. ‘Perhaps Blankety,’ I thought, making up my mind to go back down to my old school to find my old friend. After all I knew the way down there from the gardens; I’d come in the night once and the dark hadn’t stopped me.

It wasn’t too long a walk until I was down there, and then guess what? Blankety wasn’t even there. He’d gone to see his Father in the new town they were building. Which meant I still had nopony to play with. It was getting ridiculous.
“Why looking so mopey kid?” a voice had said in front of me. I looked up to see Prince Miamore staring back at me. Of course I knew it was him from the many family portraits hung up in the hallway outside Tia’s room. And next to him stood a really tall, blonde-maned, blue-hide colt. A bit younger than the Prince I think, from what I’ve heard; and this simply must’ve been Gallophad.

They both smiled at me. Miamore had a nice smile. Gallophad didn’t really smile, he sort of smirked. I desperately wanted to laugh; it looked like he had gas. Maybe from all the milk they drink up at the palace. I really want some milk now.
Anyway Miamore recognized me after a while from the stories that Tia had told him.

“Oh, it’s Diddy,” he’d said, “Well Diddy, since you look all mopey and you’re clearly the best Knight foal in the entire schools of Equestria maybe you want to come and do some boring chores with me and Gallophad, even though you’re obviously too good for them.” (Okay I might have added some bits, but it’s my Diary, I can believe what I want to right?).
Well I said yes; I didn’t feel like I had any other choice. How could I say no to two royal ponies? Miamore was King Alicorn’s eldest son after all, and Gallophad—I actually have no idea what he is. Tia just said he lived with them like a sort-of-cousin but even she wasn’t sure who he actually was properly. Even so I didn’t want to laugh at him, though it was super hard since he constantly screwed up his face like he needed to go to the toilet.

The tasks we did together were a bit boring; just stuff like signing sheets of paper and practicing putting books on their heads in case the ever couldn’t find a bag. At least I assume that’s what they were doing, otherwise why put books on your head? You should just read them.

Miamore was actually really funny and sweet. I liked him. While I was with him he told me all about himself. It turns out that although his Daddy’s the King, and so he’s an Alicorn like Tia and Luna, his Mother was something completely different. A changeling. Yes that’s right, a changeling. I didn’t even know they really existed outside of stories. Black bug like creatures with big blue bug eyes and holes all over. It sounded like a scene from a Horror play my Daddy had taken me to see once (or where they in the secret agent play? I can’t remember). Miamore doesn’t look anything like that though, he’s really handsome. Some mares came past when I was with them and fainted when Miamore waved at them. And now I know how fast a mare can fall down a long drop—and the answer is, very fast. Thankfully I think they weren’t hurt.

I wish that ponies could fall over for me. That would be amazing. Miamore just brushed it off and said it was normal. He didn’t mind, he actually needed it to keep going. And anyway he already had a mare friend. I know, I met her; I don’t like her. Neither does Miamore I think, she’s like a crazy stalker pony. I think she was watching us from the bushes all the time.
They had an argument. Gallophad, with his serious face suddenly broke into laughter when the mare suggested tying her and Miamore up with rope so he couldn’t talk to other mares.

“Yes, you should definitely tie the knot,” he’d giggled. Miamore frowned at him and he went back into his serious potty expression. It took me a while to understand the joke but when I did a minute later I couldn’t stop laughing. I don’t know why, it wasn’t that funny, but I just couldn’t stop. Then Miamore started laughing along with me and Gallophad giggled again. The mare yelled something at all of us and stormed off.

“Thank alicorn we managed to get rid of her,” Miamore had said. That’s when I realised that he didn’t really like her. I thought you had to love the pony you cared for. “That’s what’s best,” Miamore told me, “Don’t worry Diddy. I’m not going to be with her much longer.”

“So, no more mare friend’s for you for a while then eh?” Gallophad raised his eyebrow and grinned.

“Shut up. You know I can’t do that and neither can you. How long until you break up with your mare friend?”

Gallophad had blushed. I didn’t really get what they were talking about but it was nice to be with them all the same. It was strange because Gallophad didn’t seem too much older than Tia and me, yet he already had a mare friend? Then again some other ponies my age had one as well. Maybe I need one. I’ll ask Tia, she’ll know.

Halfway through their book training somepony really special walked up behind me and asked if I wanted to walk with them. Well I couldn’t refuse and miss the chance to walk with the King himself. He showed me all the places he liked in the garden; some parts he even helped to grow himself. His most favourite part he called ‘Little Everfree’ after a forest of some sort where he’d got the plants from. He really seemed to care about this place though he didn’t tell me why other than ‘it was where it all started’. I had no idea what he meant. Everypony seemed to speak in weird riddles around here. I hope I’ll get used to it eventually.

The walk didn’t last long but I enjoyed it all the same. It was weird talking to the King like we’d been friends for my whole life. But it was nice. But best time at all is when he gave me something really special. A medal in a fancy case.

“It was your Father’s when he was a Knight. He left it in his barracks so I got it back for his son. Passing from one generation to another is really important.”

So now I have Daddy’s medal on the table next to my bed, along with a picture of the special Knights the King had found for me. It was a portrait they’d had done a couple of years ago but in a smaller version. The big version’s hung up in the Hall of Heroes, which the King says he’ll take me to if I want. Of course I want. I want nothing more.

I know I say this a lot Diary but: tomorrow’s going to be awesome.

PreviousChapters Next