• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 4,155 Views, 461 Comments

The Diary of Diddy Discord - DreamWings



Self explanitory really. It's a young Discord's Diary. 'Daddy asked him to write it.'

  • ...
8
 461
 4,155

PreviousChapters Next
How dare he in Entry Twenty-Seven

Dear Diary,

I need help really badly now. I haven’t been able to sleep in days and I make somepony try my food before I eat it which is freaking out my family. They’re all really worried about me, but I can’t tell them what’s wrong. If I tell them then they might get hurt too and I don’t want anypony I care about to get hurt. So I pretend, like there’s nothing wrong.
Even when Shadow came over and talked to me at school I didn’t say anything about what I’d seen in his house. If I told him and he hadn’t known then he might be in danger too. Sure his Mother was down there and you’d think she would never hurt her own son, but I don’t think she really liked Shadow that much. She certainly didn’t like Uncle Alicorn.

How could anypony ever think of hurting Uncle Alicorn? He’s the kindest, nicest stallion (besides my Daddy) anywhere in Equestria. Nopony could want to get rid of him surely. And if he died imagine how Tia, Miamore, Cedar, Gallophad and Loony would feel. The Queen’s already disappeared; their Daddy going too would just destroy them.

I had to tell them what was happening. I couldn’t keep it to myself. At least that’s what I thought. I thought I could trust them with what I’d seen and that they’d believe me—but now I don’t even want to see them at the moment. They’re still my best friends and they always will be but what happened today was too horrible.

Me, Blankety and even Shadow (who’d got permission to come by his Father) were walking through the palace gardens to find the others. Shadow and Blankety seemed to get along really well which was good, but I couldn’t think of anything except that I had to find the others and tell them what I’d seen. Tia would understand at least—she could tell her Father. Or maybe Miamore- he was really strong and could fight against them. Hadn’t his Father just said that he could look after one part of the Kingdom near the Crystal Coves? Surely he could do something about this if he was good enough to protect a whole herd of ponies.

The closer and closer we got the more my tummy tied into a knot. I felt sick and dizzy; possibly from the small amount of sleep I’d been getting. We heard laughing not too far away. Sounded like they were having a lot of fun. A voice drifted through the bushes; a voice I knew and had once worshipped like anything—Nocturn!

“Yeah, he’s a right little player. Thinks he’s the best thing in the world. ‘Oh look I’m Mister Boring from Boring Town and I’m not going to do any work at school because I’m not serious or smart enough to do any of the work’. So stupid.”

More laughing came from my friends.

Blankety and Shadow looked startled when I stopped and listened. They stopped too. Nocturn’s voice came round again.
“He thinks he’s so special just because King Alicorn talks to him, but the teachers and stuff only give him special treatment because he’s such a freak. I mean have you seen that weird horn he has—it looks like a cross between a pipe cleaner and a stone cow’s udder.”

Again, laughter. The anger inside me bubbled up. He was talking about me behind my back again! How dare he!
“Not to mention his own parents abandoned him. His Mother went right away and killed herself because of how un-proud she was of him. Her body was found not too far away from Canterlot—and his Father, what a wuss, worst soldier ever. It’s a good thing he died or he’d have had to see his ugly-monster of a son turn into the worst thing possible. More Dread; just like his dear old Daddy—a fool.”

I couldn’t take it anymore. How dare he talk about my Daddy like that! I rushed round the corner and ran straight into him with my ‘pipe cleaner/stone cow’s udder’ horn and winded him right in the chest, knocking him to the floor. I saw red and kept on hitting him as hard as possible; my fists turning into the best weapons ever been seen. All the others just watched me, open mouthed. I heard Shadow and Blankety telling me to stop but I couldn’t. This was my revenge and I was getting it.

Nocturn shook me off and stood up, a few areas of his body bleeding. I charged at him and kept pummelling him. He didn’t fight back; he stood there, a coward to the end.

“What’s going on here?” I heard a few stallions shout and felt a rough pull from behind. The Knights caught me up in their hooves and wouldn’t let go. I screamed wildly.

“Let me go! I’m going to rip his eyes out!” I shouted. Nocturn barely blinked. Aunt Marelin put her hoof round his shoulder and patted at his wounds. Nocturn laughed and pointed at me.

“See, you discord. Still the same murderer that I knew before. You never changed.”

I saw red again and kicked and screamed.

“I didn’t. I didn’t. I would never kill anypony. Daddy—Daddy—“

And then I started crying and couldn’t stop. Tia was crying too, and Cedar and Loony. Miamore watched, not sure what to do. All of my friends hated me, I could feel it, and it was all his fault. Daddy wasn’t there to help me. I cried and cried and cried.

Then I blanked out. I think without sleep I was just too tired to take it anymore; I just passed out. The next thing I knew I woke up with a bandage and had a Doctor staring at me as if I was mad. The Knights had taken me back home and put me to bed.

NOCTURN got to be put in a bed at the palace and have the royal treatment. That used to be me Diary. It should have been me.

Uncle La Loo’s banned me from drinking or eating any of my favourite foods for two whole weeks; he says I’m getting let off light, but I don’t think I believe him. They still don’t understand.

None of the others have come to see me: Tia and them. Shadow’s sent me one of his favourite books over and Blankety’s given me the new Lady Blankety until I feel better. That was nice of them both. They’re really good friends—but I don’t get why Tia hasn’t come. I bet she’s hanging out with Nocturn. And it’s all my fault for getting mad apparently. But I couldn’t help it could I?


There’s a big problem now though: who do I tell about that Nightmare monster? They’d never believe me now; they’d think I was just making up silly stories. And I’m not—am I? Was I just seeing things because I wanted somebody else to hate besides Nocturn?

Diary—I don’t know what to do. You’re one of the only friends I’ve got left now. Tell me what to do.

PreviousChapters Next