• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 4,160 Views, 461 Comments

The Diary of Diddy Discord - DreamWings



Self explanitory really. It's a young Discord's Diary. 'Daddy asked him to write it.'

  • ...
8
 461
 4,160

PreviousChapters Next
Duck, parry, thrust and Entry Twenty

Dear Diary,

Everypony seems to have cheered up a bit recently though I still don’t see much of the Queen anymore. Uncle Alicorn still seems a bit down but that might be because his best friend, one of the knights, has just vanished. Aunt Marelin’s stressed out about it as well. He was her friend to.

Cedar (the new foal in the palace. Not as good a name as Loony's was I have to say) comes out of the room and his pram’s put next to Loony’s now. Call me psychic but I don’t think Luna likes her new brother very much; she always frowns when he’s next to her. I think he’s quite sweet in an odd sort of way. He’s the first one of the royal foals who isn’t an alicorn (or a pegasus like Gallophad). All of Uncle Alicorn’s foals were alicorns like him so far, they were even named after him: alicorn, because they had wings as well as horns. Cedar wasn’t given the family name like the others, though the King did decide that he was finally allowed to be called ‘Prince’ Cedar. I thought he’d never let him have a title after all the worry it seemed to cause him.

I play with Cedar now as well as Loony. Blankety loves the new foal. His favourite game now is to pretend that he’s the Daddy in a happy home with a small family. Loony and Cedar both play the children which only leaves somepony to play the Mother. Sadly when Tia’s not around that means I have to put on a stupid dress and play Mommy to the two little foals. If any of the foals from all of my schools could see me now they’d pick on me forever. I wish Blankety still liked being Lady Blankety, then he’d be the Mommy and I could be the Daddy. Daddy Diddy—sounds sweet and caring enough to me; and butch and tough as well. Nopony would be able to hurt my babies. I’d beat the meanie with my great and powerful magic- you know, when Aunt Marelin teaches me a powerful spell and not just one that turns one thing into another more pointless thing. I mean, who would want to turn popcorn into a corn of cob? Surely that should be the other way round.

Galloway’s been really busy with his training this Summer. The only time he’s taken off was when we went back to the Everfree for the weekend to get away from the grown-up issues we weren’t allowed to take part in. I’ve been doing training as well. Not as often as my brother, but enough.

Parrying, thrusting and stuff; it was hard at first but you get used to it after a while. I don’t know though diary, I don’t enjoy using my sword as much as I enjoy my magic lessons. Using a sword involves a lot of logical quick-thinking which you need to make sense of in order to be good, and I’m just not very good at making sense of things when I could be having fun instead. Try as I might I can’t find any fun in making sense. I like to run around and pretend to be a daring Knight attacking a dragon, I can’t help it. The trainer told me off for doing it. He said it was ‘mean to all the nice dragons that live around Equestria’. Even Galloway had to admit that there’s no such thing as a nice dragon; they’re born to be greedy. It’s in their nature.

The trainer’s okay I suppose. Just very strict. Our school’s so easy-going that it’s hard to get used to doing anything like hard work. Unless you really, really want to do it like Gallows you’re pretty much stuck in snoresville. Playing with Tia and the others is much easier.

Tia has a lot of hard work to do as well. Royals do plenty to keep them busy. Cutting ribbons, having their portrait’s painted, visiting and having dinner at noble’s houses—she does a lot and all by herself without her family as well. Tia doesn’t really enjoy it most of the time either. Her favourite part is when she’s given a treat like a cake or something, but even then she’s told to only eat a little bite of it to be polite. If she eats too many puddings she gets a big tummy ache. I’ve had tummy aches before and they’re not nice but I’d still eat cake if I had the chance; even if they did hurt my belly. It would be worth it in the end. Living without cake for Tia is like me living without chocolate milk—I don’t know how I’d survive if I couldn’t have anything with milk in it like GG. How does he survive?

Ugh, Knight training again. I suppose I’d better go. If my Daddy did all of this then I can do it too. I know I can.

PreviousChapters Next