• Published 13th May 2016
  • 599 Views, 17 Comments

The Princess and the Plumber - DaiAtlas2016



Twilight finds that she sucks at plumbing, so she called Trotelli, the industrial sized business, who took 3 hours only to admit defeat. Then Braveheart, a single earth pony plumber, came along, and got the job done in less than 10 minutes,Twilight t

  • ...
14
 17
 599

Twilight's Realization

A couple days later, Twilight found Ponyville hustling about, as if preparing for a party.

"Pinkie, what's going on?", she asked.

"Oh! We're just going to throw a 'Welcome to Ponyville/We Appreciate What You Do' party for Braveheart! You know, since he came all the way from Brooklyn just to help us! He knew we were constantly having problems with our plumbing! Like last night! He helped Applejack with their sprinklers, Rarity with her sink, Rainbow with her clogged shower, Fluttershy with her bathtub, Me with my sink, and pretty much everyone else in Ponyville!", Pinkie smiled.

"I made him a special pair of overalls, just for him! Ahhhh...so rugged and bold!", Rarity sighed dreamily.

"Hey! I helped him with Twilight's plumbing! He said I was the best!", Spike boasted.

"Oh? Tell me about it.", she cooed, fluttering her eyelashes, signing for him to follow her.

"Well, it all started with an enchilada I had for breakfast..."

"Yeah...okay! I'm going to see Braveheart!", Twilight said, heading towards the fields.

She came to a hill with a door in it, she knocked on it, and sure enough, Braveheart opened it.

"Ahh! Lady! What do ya want?", he asked in his Brooklyn accent.

"Twilight. My name is Twilight. And I just came to visit.", she lied.

"Really? You came to visit me? No ever visits me, they think I'm just some old plumber, who has no need for friends.", Braveheart rambled on, as he invited her in and they sat on a surprisingly comfortable couch made of pipes, "But the truth is, I get lonely! I never got much respect from my mama, or my papa either. Can you imagine how embarrassing it was for them, they were both unicorns, when I was born an earth pony? I hoped that by showing them that, even if I'm just an earth pony, I could still make something of myself. But no, rejection at every turn. So, why are you really here? You can't lie to someone from Brooklyn, we Brooklyns can smell lies."

"I came to thank you for fixing my pipes the other day, I'm sorry I didn't call you first. I'm also sorry about your parents.", Twilight sighed.

"Hey...no big deal, Lady! That's how everyone learns not to call Trotelli! He takes 3 hours just to stare a clog, and I get the job done in 10 minutes. I suppose you came here to knight me like the other 3 princesses have? Make it quick please, I think they're getting ready to throw me a Welcome/Thanks party out there.", he smiled.

"Alright then, I dub thee, Sir Braveheart, for your incredible skills!", she smiled back, there was something about him that made her feel all bubbly, "I'll be going now, it was nice talking to you! And Welcome to Ponyville!"

"Thanks, Lady.", the earth pony plumber waved.

After her chat with Braveheart, she invited Cadance, who came over right away, to lunch.

While they ate she asked, "Cadance? How do you know if...if...you're in love?"

Cadance stared at her in surprise before smiling, "Well, first, you dream about him every night..."

Twilight had been dreaming about Braveheart for the past two nights since she met him...

"Then, you feel all bubbly inside whenever you see him...", Cadance giggled.

Twilight had felt that today...

"And finally, if the stallion you're in love with calls you by a nickname, he has the same feelings for you!", Cadance grinned.

Braveheart constantly called Twilight "Lady", even though he knew her name.

"Oh my gosh! I...I...I think I'm in love!", she exclaimed, jumping from her seat, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! What do I do?!"

"Twily, calm down...who is your lover boy?", Cadance smiled.

"Braveheart...I...I..."

"Twilight! It's okay, it's not the end of the world! Just...take him out to a nice Italian restaurant...", she started before getting a confused look from Twilight, "What? Isn't he from Brooklyn? Anyway...just admit your feelings for him, and everything will be a-okay!"

"Yes! That's what I'll do! Thanks, Cadance! You're the best!", Twilight smiled, hugging Cadance and leaving her to go find Braveheart.

He was on a stage in town square, getting an award from the mayor.

"And we are proud to present you, Ponyville's Plumber of the Month plaque! Just so you know, you be getting one every month!", she announced, whispering the last part to Braveheart.

Everyone cheered.

Braveheart walked up to microphone, "I'm not bragging, I just wanted to ask, does anyone have a really big shelf? I have 33 years worth of trophies sitting in boxes that need to be polished!"

Everyone cheered even louder.

He then saw Twilight and winked.

Twilight smiled back.