• Published 13th May 2016
  • 600 Views, 17 Comments

The Princess and the Plumber - DaiAtlas2016



Twilight finds that she sucks at plumbing, so she called Trotelli, the industrial sized business, who took 3 hours only to admit defeat. Then Braveheart, a single earth pony plumber, came along, and got the job done in less than 10 minutes,Twilight t

  • ...
14
 17
 600

Spaghetti with Apple Balls and Horrible Accents

Why Twilight was sitting in Applejack's barn at a candlelight table with Braveheart, waiting to be served spaghetti with apple balls (Doesn't matter how hard you try, nothing is without apple on Sweet Apple Acres!), by Applejack wearing a fake mustache saying, "Mama Mia! Don't-a wor-a-ry! Itsa gonna be a-here a-soon!", all she knew was that she was madly in love with Braveheart.

"Um, if you mind my asking, Applejack, what's with the mustache and the horrible accent?", Braveheart asked, for he had never heard such a racket.

"Isn't that how ponies from Brooklyn talk? What with the Italian restaurants and all.", she asked.

Braveheart just laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"Ahh...if anyone else besides me were here from Brooklyn, they would tar ya, feather ya, and hang you by your tail on a lamppost till dawn if they saw you doing that.", he smiled, drying his laughing eyes.

"Aww, you're just joking...right?"

Braveheart smiled before saying, "No."

Applebloom finally came, also wearing a fake mustache, with the tray of spaghetti on her back.

Applejack presented it to them saying as she left, "Bon Appetite!"

"It's Mangia Bene!", Braveheart grinned.

"How do you that?", Twilight asked.

"My parents are Italian, I'm Italian, so how would I not know?", he smiled, looking into her eyes, and putting his hooves on hers, "Lady, have I ever told you how dazzling your eyes are by candlelight?"

"No...I don't believe you have...", Twilight blushed.

"And how your mane looks like it combed by an angel?", he grinned.

"Oh stop it!", she smiled, blushing like mad as she ate on her side of the plate. (And yes, the "Romantic Spaghetti" cliche is in here, but I won't bother going into detail.)

After dinner, they went for a nice moonlit walk around town, Twilight's wing around Braveheart.

"Are you doing anything for the next week?", she asked.

Braveheart laughed, "Lady! Anything you want! But, in truth, I'm free for the whole week! It's my vacation."

"Well, my family is getting ready to go to Hiami Beach for our annual family trip, and I was wondering if you would come, so they can meet you, you already know my sister in law, Princess Cadance.", she replied.

"We won't be going anywhere near the water, right?", Braveheart shivered, tensing up.

"We will a little, why?", Twilight asked with concern.

Braveheart sighed, "Well, Lady, I know this will sound silly, what with my being a plumber and all, but, I'm afraid of water. Because I'm so busy working on ponies' pipes, I hardly notice. But, when there's no pipes for me to fix, it's just me and the water..."

"Oh, Braveheart...", Twilight smiled, nuzzling him, "You're my ironic plumber. I promise I'll try and keep you away from the water. Because I love you so much."

"Wow, you took that a lot better than I thought you would. So when do you want me to show?", Braveheart sighed with relief, nuzzling her back.

"Tomorrow, my family and I will come over to your place and wait for the train to Hiami Beach, you need to have a week's worth of stuff packed, and maybe some bits, just in case.", she answered, kissing his lips.

After tasting her lips, Braveheart smiled, "You know, since we're both so serious about this relationship, maybe someday, we could get together and have a couple little drips of our own."

"That would be lovely, Braveheart. I've always wanted to have children, I've just been waiting for the right stallion, and I think you're him.", she smiled, pulling him into one final kiss before they their separate ways home.

The next morning, Braveheart had just finished packing his luggage, when there was a knock on the door.

"That must be them...Lady!", he smiled, as he took her in his arms for a hug.

"Braveheart! I hope you're ready!", Twilight exclaimed, kissing him before inviting her family in.

"Braveheart, you already know Cadance..."

"It's nice to see you again, Braveheart! How have you been doing?", Cadance grinned, sitting on a cot made of pipes.

"Just fine, thank you!", he smiled, "Everyone make yourself at home!"

"These are my parents, Night Light and Twilight Velvet..."

"What is it you do again?", Velvet asked coldly.

"I'm a plumber, Miss, fixing clogs and leaks since 1983! At the age of two!", he frowned, knowing he had already found an enemy in Velvet.

"Oh my gosh! You're THE Braveheart?!", Shining and Night Light exclaimed.

"The one and only!", Braveheart smiled, glad he found some fans in Twilight's family.

"And that's my brother, Shining Armor, and his and Cadance's daughter, Flurry Heart.", Twilight finished, pointing to Flurry Heart.

"Well, we better get to the station, train comes in 5 minutes.", Shining smiled, hauling away their luggage.

"Alright, let's go.", Braveheart acknowledged, grabbing his suitcase and a plunger.

"I thought you said he was on vacation.", Velvet growled.

"Take it easy, Miss! I am on vacation, but I can't tell you how many times this plunger has saved my life! Like the time I fell overboard and climbed back on the ship with this same plunger!", Braveheart snapped.

"Oh, I assume you use it to unclog toilets too!", Velvet laughed cruelly.

"No, it's too precious for that! We common plumber earth ponies have our prized possessions too, ya know!", Braveheart retorted.

And the two of them argued like that all the way to Hiami Beach.