• Published 13th May 2016
  • 600 Views, 17 Comments

The Princess and the Plumber - DaiAtlas2016



Twilight finds that she sucks at plumbing, so she called Trotelli, the industrial sized business, who took 3 hours only to admit defeat. Then Braveheart, a single earth pony plumber, came along, and got the job done in less than 10 minutes,Twilight t

  • ...
14
 17
 600

Marianna's Job

A week later, Braveheart was in his bed, in his house, in the hill. It was Saturday. Then all of a sudden, he had a little filly jump on him, nuzzling him.

"Cmon, Braveheart!!! You promised to teach me how to use a plumber snake today!!!", Marianna exclaimed, jumping up and down.

Braveheart snored, "Just 5 more minutes, Marianna.....it's Saturday. Don't you wanna sleep in?"

"No way! When your on a quest to become the world's greatest plumber, there's no time for sleeping in!!", she beamed.

"Please, Marianna. I'm tired. Just 5 more minutes....."

"Twilight!! He won't get up!!", she shouted towards the kitchen.

Twilight came into the bedroom and smiled, "I have breakfast ready, Marianna! You can go eat, I'll get Braveheart out of bed."

She then got in bed with him and started nuzzling him as he asked, "What were you doing in my kitchen?"

"I was making you two breakfast. You'll need help with Marianna, she's quite the handful.", she answered, kissing his forehead.

"I love you, Twilight.", he smiled, kissing her forehead and getting out of bed.

"I love you too, Braveheart.", Twilight grinned, leaving the room so he could get dressed.

Braveheart finally got to the table, just as Twilight set a plate of heart shaped pancakes in front of him.

"So, what are we doing today?", Marianna asked.

"After I finish breakfast, we'll go over to Rarity's and fix her sink. Today you'll be learning how to use a plumber snake and how to unclog a sink!", he smiled.

"Really? I thought that would be the first thing you taught her....what did you teach her first?", Twilight asked, a little puzzled.

"Safety rules of plumbing. That was the first thing I learned.", Braveheart replied, kissing her forehead.

"Who taught you to become the world's greatest plumber?", Marianna asked.

"Giovanni La Dranica! The Father of Modern Plumbing!", Braveheart beamed.

Marianna gasped, "THE Giovanni La Dranica!!?? He taught you?"

"He taught me everything he knew, right before he passed away from old age. And now, I hold all his secrets in my heads.", he smiled, ruffling her mane, he finished his breakfast, "Okay, go get ready, I'll do dishes."

And so when Marianna came out of her bedroom, she was wearing a green and blue coveralls, with a little green cap.

"I'm ready, Braveheart! Let's go!", she beamed.

Braveheart was in a red and blue coveralls, with a red cap, carrying a toolbox, "Okay, let's go!"

"I'll be going back to the library, you two be careful, okay?", Twilight declared, kissing both of their foreheads before leaving.

As soon as they got to Rarity's, Braveheart hadn't even knocked on the door when Rarity swung it open.

"Oh, Braveheart! My sink is clogged! And I really didn't want to call Trotelli! I'm so glad you could come!", Rarity exclaimed, before she saw Marianna, "I don't believe we've met before....are you his daughter?"

"No, I'm his little sister! Marianna! Braveheart's training me to become the world's greatest plumber! Just like him!", Marianna smiled, saluting her.

"Oh! Of course! I remember Twilight telling us about you! You so adorable!", Rarity said with a tone of realization.

"Rarity, where's the sink?", Braveheart asked.

"It's in here! I'll leave you two to it! If you need anything, I'll be in here!", she replied, leading them to the bathroom and leaving them.

"Ok, Marianna! What's the first thing you do?", Braveheart asked, immediately testing his little sister.

"You......shut off the water!!!", she beamed, running outside to turn off the water.

When she came back, her brother asked, "Did you tell Rarity that you shut the water off?"

"Yes, sir! Now what?", Marianna grinned.

"Now! I'm going to take out this pipe, and you'll take this plumber snake, push it in and out of the sink until you push whatever is clogging it out. Okay?", he smiled.

"Okay!", she replied, getting on a stool and grabbing the plumber snake.

Half an hour later, Marianna managed to push a small bar of soap out of the pipe, "I did it!!!"

"Good job! Now, can you put this pipe back on while I go tell Rarity we're done?", Braveheart asked, patting her on the back.

"I sure can!!", Marianna smiled, grabbing the wrench and putting the pipe back in.


After they got the job done, they went home, and found Twilight and Spike making lunch.

"Good Afternoon, Honey! I hope you and Marianna had a good time!", Twilight grinned, kissing his cheek.

"I unclogged the sink, Twilight!", Marianna cheered, hugging the purple alicorn.

"Really? That's great! I'm so proud of you!", she beamed, hugging the little unicorn filly back.

"So Spike...before we left, Rarity told me she really enjoyed her date with you last week. Where'd you take her?", Braveheart asked.

"I took her to the Italian restaurant in Brooklyn, just like you suggested! Then, I took her for a ride in one of those.....umm....."

"Gondola?"

"Yeah! Gondola! She said it was the most romantic date she ever had!", Spike beamed.

"Well, I've got lunch ready! How about we eat!", Twilight smiled.

"Okay, I'm getting kinda hungry.", Braveheart grinned, kissing Twilight.

And so they began lunch.