• Published 21st Mar 2016
  • 539 Views, 1 Comments

E.S.S (Equestria's Secret Service) - Power Hors3



Alloy works for E.S.S, aka the Equestrian Secret Service, what happens when the main six come along and save the day? What happens if they don't? What if they turn on us? E.S.S has that covered

  • ...
4
 1
 539

E.S.S: 25 – Start of a Wedding

E.S.S: 25 – Start of a Wedding

“Oh you’re not attending Sugar?” Lyra asks Sugar about the wedding.

“I wish I could, but I have work” Sugar says, sitting on the sofa. “How long will it be for?”

“A couple of hours” Lyra smiles, “BonBon and I will have so much fun! Oh but you’ll be with your specialsomepony at work hu?”

Sugar blushes a bit, “Uh…nah, he’s gone out yesterday, he’ll be gone for another day or two”

“Aww poor Sugar!” Lyra hugs her. Sweetie steps into the room.

“Lyra come on, we have to set up the decorations at town hall remember?” BonBon states.

“Oh right! We do! Bye Sugar!” Lyra dashes out.

BonBon comes up to Sugar, “If anything happens, contact me, I’ll have my things with me for an emergency”

“Will do, have a good day” Sugar smiles. BonBon nods, exiting.

It was now early morning, Lyra and BonBon were at the city hall setting up the planned decorations, “I have to admit, when Matilda said that we needed this place ready by today, I was a little nervous.” Lyra smiles.

“With you by my side, I knew we’d get it done in time” Lyra smiles back, looking at BonBon; they bump flanks.

“There’s nothing like a best friend, is there?” BonBon and Lyra start getting out more of the ribbon decorations.

“Anything’s possible when you know somepony as well as we know each other!” Lyra says. A sudden roar in the distance is heard.

BonBon freezes, “What was that?”

“There’s some monster attacking Ponyville or something.” Lyra says casually.

“What is it this time? A creature from the Everfree Forest?”

“Uh, I think it’s some sort of bugbear.” Lyra giggles.

“Did you say Bugbear? It found me!” BonBon panics.

“What are you talking about Bon Bon?”

“My name isn’t Bon Bon. It’s ‘Special Agent Sweetie Drops’. I work for a super-secret anti-monster agency in Canterlot, or at least I did until the bugbear went missing from Tartarus a few years back.”

“What are you talking about…?”

Bon Bon takes out the brief case that had her supplies in it, putting on the gear as she talks, “When it escaped, we had to shutter the whole agency. Every last shred of evidence of the organization's existence was destroyed. Celestia demanded complete deniability.”

“...What?” Lyra was confused.

“It was me who captured the bugbear. I had to go deep cover here in Ponyville and assume the name Bon Bon. I never thought it'd be able to track me, but now it has.”

“Are you saying our whole friendship was based on a lie?!” Lyra gets mad.

“I'm sorry, Lyra! I couldn't tell you for your own protection!” Sweetie Drops tries to reason.

“B-b-but the lunches! The-the long talks! The benches we sat on!” She tears up, “None of that was real?!”

Sweetie puts her hoof under Lyra’s chin and looks her in the eyes, “It was all real. You're my very best friend.” The bugbear roars off in the distance, “I've got to go find a crowd to blend into before I put you in danger! I'll see you at the wedding.” She slips on some shades and grapples down the nearest window.

“Fine! But we're going to talk about this later!” Lyra shouts out from the window. Sweetie sighs to herself, joining the crowd watch as the mane 6 tackle on the beast. She uses a radio device to contact Sugar.

“Come in, this is Drops, we got a situation.” She speaks in. Sugar was sitting at her desk randomly looking through many of the agency’s past missions. Hearing a buzz come from her computer, she sees that it’s a voice chat from Sweetie, quickly she puts on a headset.

“Yes Sweetie? Something wrong?” Sugar replies.

“A bugbear is attacking Ponyville, I may need back up if the Mane 6 are taken down by it”

“A…bugbear…?” Sugar asks.

“Yes, it’s a creature that went missing a couple of years ago from the anti-monster agency. I.E: E.S.S”

“Monsters? I was just reading up on something about that in the files.”

“Alright, very good, we have to deal with these creatures too. I want you to notify Agent Rosey.” Sweetie cuts off.

“O-okay…” Sugar takes off the headset, quickly stands from her spot and gallops into Sweetie’s office where Rosey was also skimming trough files.

Rosey looks up, shutting the file, “Urgent?”

“Kinda, that’s a bugbear attacking the town…”

“That thing is still alive? Strange that it shows itself here after a long time…who reported this to you?”

“Agent Sweetie Drops, she says if it gets out of control to send back up”

Rosey chuckles, “Out of control? Dear don’t you know that the Mane 6 can handle this? A bugbear to them should be nothing, especially if a creature like Tirek was taken down by them.”

“You’re not worried…?” Sugar asks.

“Not at all, unless Sweetie Drops is engaging this creature by herself, and since she’s not, there’s nothing to worry about. What we should focus on is that blasted Notts” Rosey frowns.

“Y-yeah I suppose”

“It’s our mission, Sugar, to protect Equestria both from monsters and terrorist. The monsters are now being dealt with by the six, so that gives us the space to focus on the terrorist.” Rosey gets up, “Have you looked at the files on recent years of our agency?”

“A little, I was looking more on the past.” Sugar says.

Rosey passes her some files, “Let me show you a recent trend if you will, since the appearance of the Six.” She opens them, lying them in a linear fashion of events.

“Nightmare Moon comes back, Mane Six defeat her. The agency, we were all busy looking for Celestia’s whereabouts.” She goes down, “Canterlot wedding of Shining Armor and Cadence; Queen Chrysalis attacks in full force, our agency was out numbered, we fought off as many changelings as we could, but ultimately, the Mane Six did their thing and blasted them all to Celestia knows where.” She flips another page, “Discord, lord of chaos returns, agency was in shambles things didn’t make sense, like properties of matter and physics didn’t apply! We did our best to save ponies from the madness that insured. Ultimately, the Mane Six stopped him.”

Sugar nods, “I’m seeing the pattern…”

“Hey it wasn’t all bad, we stopped more attacks from conspirators and terrorist during that time.” Rosey closes the files, “Anyways, that’s why I’m sure it’ll be okay.”

“Thanks Rosey, is there something you’d like me to carry out?”

Rosey sits back down, “Check up on things around town, see if things are calm with that bugbear attacking”

“On it” Sugar leaves.

As Sugar goes around town, there was only minor destruction, in fact most of the citizens were going about their normal routine, as if they were all accustomed to this. “I guess Rosey was right about the main six…everyone already knows everything’s going to be okay” Sugar says going to one of the agent’s posts.

“Agent Sugar” Black Pearls speaks up; he was knight-leveled agent.

“Hi, was checking how things are around here.” Sugar says.

“Calm” Raya, also knight-leveled, flies down from a window says.

“Have you guys heard of the Bugbear thing?” Sugar asks.

“Yes, Rosey sent us all a message on it. We are aware and prepared for it, if it comes down to it” Black smirks.

“Did Rosey send you here again?” Raya asks.

“Not exactly, she wanted me to check around town for signs of struggle, I just decided to come here” Sugar replies.

“Nothing to report, things are chill” Raya yawns, “I wouldn’t worry much. Say, don’t you need some training?”

“I’m open to learning new things” Sugar says.

“We’ve looked at your profile and -” Raya is cut off.

“Think you need to be more physically fit” Black chuckles.

“No offence of course, just an agent must tackle on long periods of running about on the field” Raya continues, glaring at Black who interrupted.

“I think you two are right, all I’ve been doing is sitting at the office most of the time doing paperwork.” Sugar says, she wasn’t mad, in fact she had wanted to get out more.

“Perfect, because I so happen to be the trainer for that” Black chuckles some more. Raya shakes her head.

“All you do is use your magic, that’s nothing physical” Raya argues.

“It takes a lot of energy; you wouldn’t know since you’re a Pegasus” Black comments.

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?? Flying takes a lot of energy too!” Raya frowns getting up on his face.

“Um…guys?” Sugar starts.

“Just a minute” Raya says, she looks at Black, “I guess you’re lucky because she’s a unicorn hu?”

“I didn’t mean anything by it Raya…” Black nervously smiles.

Raya smirks, “Okay, so where are we training her?”

“We? You only train the Pegasus.”

“But I’m much better at running the coursed than you are”

“Only a couple of them, besides the nearest course is the military’s, we’d need to get permissions.”

“You’re just afraid I’ll beat you” Raya flicks her tail at him and goes to Sugar, who was entertained watching them talk.

“A military course?” Sugar asks.

“Mhm, don’t be nervous, we’ll take it easy” Raya says. Black sends a message to Rosey to let her know.

After some walking, the three arrive at the training ground. Black had put on some drill sergeant clothing, Raya was in a regular outfit, and Sugar still had her office clothes on.

“First, take that stuff off, this may get messy” Black says. Sugar removes the office clothes. “Okay, I’ll explain this course. First, you’ll be running for thirty seconds to the first mound where you’ll have to climb up some fishing rope to the top, there you must either fly, teleport, or jump across a series of platforms and run to me. Simple enough”

“I can do this” Sugar says to herself, she steps up to a starting line.

“I’m going to time you on this to check your time. I’ll be at the end of the course and Raya will be your safe guard in case you fall.” Black teleports to the end point, “GO!” He yells out. Sugar gallops as fast as she can to the mound, it takes her fifty seconds to reach it, it was hard to climb the ropes, her hooves slipped occasionally. After reaching the top she looks down at a fifteen-foot drop. Raya was looking up at her watching as she begins to teleport. The platforms were of various sizes so teleporting to the exact spots was difficult for her. She was already fatigued as she teleports to a small one, losing her balance, she falls screaming out. In a flash, Raya catches her, setting her back on the platform.

“Keep going Sugar, you got this” Raya winks. Sugar nods continuing to the last point then running to Black. She was breathing heavily, she tripped up a few times but got up and fell at the side of Black.

“W-water…” Sugar huffs.

“Three minutes.” Black says, “Not bad Sugar. Raya, give the mare some water.”

“I thought you brought the water?” Raya says, hovering in the air.

“I told you to bring it though…” Blacks sighs.

“No you didn’t!” Raya says. Sugar watches them go back and forth in their pointless argument until one of the troops from the military interrupts.

“Excuse me civilians. This is a military training ground.” He states.

“E.S.S!” Both Black and Raya say at once, showing him their badges. The stallion nods and leaves.

“Okay Sugar, so we don’t have water, but we can take you to a bar to get a drink” Raya says. Black was shaking his head, “Hey! Cut that out! It’s not my fault!” Raya says to Black, having seen him from the corner of her eye.

“Sounds…good…” Sugar sticks out her tongue, panting.

Black picks her up, “I’ll teleport us to the nearest place.” He says, he turns to Raya. “You know the one Raya”

“Mhm, I’ll meet y’all there.” She says as if nothing had happened. Black nods and teleports them to a place called: The Watering Hole.

“Three drinks, you know the ones” Black says to the bar tender, she nods serving the drinks in a moment.

“I don’t drink much Black, plus it’s not really refreshing for hydration.” Sugar says.

“Oh yeah, nearly forgot, heh” He orders a water on the side, which is given to him right away. Sugar gulps it down.

“Ah...better!” Sugar drinks it all. Raya flies in, taking her drink.

“A little too early to be drinking don’t ya think Black?” Raya starts.

“Eh, it’s not like I ordered anything too strong Raya” Black drinks, Raya takes her mug and joins him.

“You were a baker right Sugar?” Black asks. Sugar nods, ordering another water. “I was a police pony, served five years in Ponyville till I became a part of E.S.S”

“What brought you into the agency?” Raya asks Sugar.

“Um, well…I wanted to make a difference” Sugar smiles.

Both Raya and Black snicker, “Oh we know it’s not ONLY because of that” Raya comments, causing Sugar to blush. “You’re with Alloy aren’t ya?”

“Y-yeah” Sugar decides to take a sip from the beer. “So um, how about you Raya?”

“About me, I’m here for…similar reasons” Raya replies, nuzzling Black a bit.

“Oh I get it now” Sugar giggles.

“Other than that, I do like working in the agency. I’ve gotten to get the hang of saving ponies. It’s fun” Raya grins.

“Fun, yeah” Black says, “What I’m going for is that if you want to stay in this agency, it can’t be just for the relationship. It has to be something you want to do. If Alloy left you during some time here, or you left him, it may affect you psychologically.”

“The same applies for us” Raya states, “Although we’re married, if Black or I died during a mission, it may impact us badly on performance.” Sugar sits back, she takes a little more from the drink.

“I never thought about it that way…” Sugar looks into the cup.

“Give it some thought on your own time hehe, we need to get you back to training. We’ll bring water this time” Raya smiles. Sugar nods briefly and gets up.

“What do you guys think of me? Joining and ranking so fast?” Sugar asks.

Black and Raya look at each other, “Um, well dear we think you’re capable…” Raya says.

“You definitely seem to have drive.” Black adds.

“No I don’t mean the way I preform…” Sugar sighs.

“We know what you mean Sugar…” Raya says, they all walk out, Black pays for the drinks, “You want me to tell you what my first impressions were”

“Yeah…” Sugar says.

“Before I do, have other been saying bad things about you in the agency?”

“A little…” Sugar’s voice shakes.

“They’re just surprised, they see you rising so fast and wonder why, some may even be jealous. As for what I thought, being a trainer, thought that your physical appearance didn’t impress me. That’s no big deal though, we can train you well” Raya tries to comfort. Black nods.

Sugar smiles a bit, “Thanks…it’s good to know some in the agency are nice”

“If Rosey gave you a hard time, that’s just the way she is. She’s one of the oldest members.” Black comments, “Now, let’s get back to that course, I bet you can beat your time” They all leave towards the course.

End of Chapter 25.

Author's Note:

... :3

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment