• Published 21st Mar 2016
  • 539 Views, 1 Comments

E.S.S (Equestria's Secret Service) - Power Hors3



Alloy works for E.S.S, aka the Equestrian Secret Service, what happens when the main six come along and save the day? What happens if they don't? What if they turn on us? E.S.S has that covered

  • ...
4
 1
 539

E.S.S: 18 - A walk down Memory Lane

E.S.S: 18
A walk down Memory Lane

“I know that” Alloy says to the doctor. Flower spins in his chair to the terminal.

“I hate these power failures.” Flower says typing things in. “This place has major structural flaws, I found it abandoned years ago and set in my equipment”

“That's..interesting. Look, I need to know who I was” Alloy pushes forward his questions.

“Isn't all that matters is who you are now?” Flower Pot smirks, still facing the terminal.

“Was I a part of one of your experiments, tell me” Alloy demands.

“It's confidential” Flower chuckles.

“I have clearance for this information. I'm part of E.S.S” Alloy says.

“Oh you are? I haven't had time to keep track of you since my research in Canterlot was left behind” Flower types that in some notes.

“I'm not here to catch up on things about my new life. I'm here to remember my past.”

“Aren't you happy? I made sure you were well taken care of with the Atomms, you were put up on a high place” Flower smiles. The regular lights come back on, “Presto”

“I'd be happier to know what I was, if I was a bad pony, someone with regrets, a life, maybe my old family...” Alloy stresses.

“You want to know so much, but I can only give you pieces at a time” The Doctor says. He turns to face Alloy.

“Fine. Just...we have a lot of time”

“Indeed we do. But if you're part of E.S.S, you must know I'm a criminal...” A field of force surrounds Alloy, “For insurance you'll have to stay in here. Your magic can't get past it.” He chuckles.

“Yes, I know you're wanted, but I'm not here for that I'm here for me”

“Like I said, insurance.”

“However you'd like. Can you explain to me who I was…?”

“Get comfortable and prepare yourself for what I'm going to say” The Doc shifts in his chair, he levitates a file book and flips a page, “Story time.” He flips through some other pages, “Alloy. The name was chosen at random by my computer. Your previous name was...it's not here. You must have chosen not to have it written down”

“What?? It must be somewhere! Look for it”

“Calm down Alloy. That's not the most important thing to worry about” The Doc continues, “You came to register as a volunteer at the age of nineteen. The place you went to was the Canterlot science building, it was for a program named Green Grass. Hahaha...yes I remember it's original purpose was to to test for cancerous cells in the body. Of course that was just a cover for my true experiments...”

“So I was tricked into thinking I'd help out Ponykind?” Alloy says with a sigh.

“You did, many did so don't feel bad. Listen here, this is my favorite part.” Flower says, “You were put under some sleeping gas, and I injected the back of your neck with a chemical that allowed me to tell you whatever I wanted to and you'd listen. So you did, you worked for me for some time after that, while I prepared for my test: to input someone back into society with a whole new identity without remembering their past. I did a lot of work on you, I even got the Atomms to take you in as their child”

“Stop...wait, my parents...they were a part of this..?” Alloy struggles to believe that.

“They sure were, after sometime though your 'mother' thought it was unethical and tried to revert the process. Lucky me I got to her before she caused any damage, I deleted part of her memories.”

“No...so it's...because of you that she's the way she is...”

“It didn't turn out the way I had planned it, it caused her permanent damage” Flower casually says. Alloy frowns his heart begins to hurt. “As for you father, I had no choice but to do the same to him, he turned out okay. He never remembers me or what happened, I made him believe that you're his real son and that your mother had a stroke that damaged her memory”

“Why...would you do this..?”

“Research. We need to make progress somehow” Flower smiles.

“How is this progress??”

“I put it this way: a criminal who has committed crimes can rejoin society as a brand new person, without fear of them having the violent thoughts they used to have, that way they can be a functional part of society again”

“That's just as bad..you took away their lives!” Alloy looks down.

“Oh really? Do you know what you did? What you were??” Flower frowns and looks at him. Alloy keeps looking down.

“No...”

“Then don't question me! Because right now, I'm going to tell you just what kind of pony you were!” Flower raises his voice, “You're certain you want to know?”

“Yes...If I'm going to move on, I must know..”

“Good. You were a pretty regular guy, did his work at a cart dealership, made a good wage.”

“I did?”Alloy says trying to imagine himself in that position.

“Yes, here's a little shock to you, you weren't this maroon red color, you were a lighter gray unicorn with...well I think your hair stayed the same. For some odd reason the operation changed your body color, though not right away it happened gradually over time” The Doc writes a few things in his notes, “I can't remember everything about you Alloy, I had many patients”

“Test subjects you mean?”

“Same thing really. Here's another thing, you committed a crime”

“A crime, tell me” Alloy says, preparing to worry himself.

“Murder” Dr. Flower Pot says in a grave tone, “I don't know who it was you killed, but it's written in your file here”

“I murdered...someone...”

“Apparently so. If it makes you feel any better I do that regularly” He chuckles. Alloy doesn't smile, his brain seems to be piecing things back together. Sudden flashes of memories begin to appear here and there, he starts to lose control and screams. Dr. Flower Pot jumps up, turns down the force field and calls in some gryphons, including Blind. They restrain Alloy to a chair but he spiratically teleports from spot to spot in the room. Eventually he disappears from the room altogether.

“Find him! Track down that Unicorn!” Dr Flower Pot demands, the gryphons rush out of the room beginning their search.

In Ponyville, it was noon time all the agents were at the new E.S.S building. Jackson was leaning back in his chair in one of his old hoodies.

“I called you to the office to see if you know anything about Alloy's whereabouts” Sweetie says to Jackson.

Jackson drinks from a flask then speaks, “Not entirely, all I can remember is Notts sending him on some mission”

“A mission for him again, he's starting to do to much work for him” Sugar comments.

“That's how it has to be. Actually I got a little bit of a concern fo' us” Jackson says.

“Go on” Sweetie speaks.

“My boy Alloy and I were at Notts' place and he told us he was goin' have a special mission for us soon. Alloy thinks it may be to get rid of you three, well I think so, he wasn't explicit on what exactly we were to do” Jackson sips more from the flask.

“Us? Why us?” Muffins says, then thinks, “Oh I know why, it's because we'd interfere with his plans!”

“Exactly” Sweetie speaks up, “This will cause problems for all of us, when Alloy returns we need to come up with a plan or something”

“I'd start planning now if I were ya'll just in case things don't turn out good for me and Alloy” Jackson recommends.

“He's right” Sugar says, “Is there a way for you to find out where Alloy went to?”

“Probably, but don't count on it” Jackson gets up and looks in the fridge.

“We'll check the train records, and his office. I have reason to believe that he went to the Gryphon Kingdom.” Sweetie gets up as well.

“I think you may be right..” Jackson closes the fridge and eats a muffin from the counter, “Mm tasty as always Muffins”

“Thanks! I bake them everyday” Muffins smiles.

“What do you know Jackson?” Sweetie asks.

“Look, I wasn't exactly on my best when Alloy left…there were..well..” Jackson stutters.

“Were what?” Sweetie gets a feel for what he may say, “Were there drinks?”

“Yes...Sweetie you know I can't handle myself” He says. Sweetie looks away.

“Of course you would” She sighs, “Whatever the case, we still have this situation. I'm going to go fill out paper work excuse me” Sweetie goes to Alloy's office.

“Is she mad?” Sugar whispers to Muffins, who shrugs.

“She probably is” Jackson says, having overheard, “I guess I screwed up again' I'm going back to the hideout to find more information..” He takes another muffin and leaves.

“I guess we'll check out the train records?” Sugar looks to Muffins.

“Oh sorry Sugar I need to talk to BonBon about something” She shyly says. Sugar nods,

“It's okay, it's not to hard to check” Sugar takes her purse and leaves.

She journeys to the only train station in Ponyville, many came and left here for an easy ride to Canterlot and Ponyville. The place was usually crowded as it was today for Sugar. She made her way to the ticket booth.

“Where to?” A stallion behind the counter asked.

“I need to access to your train records, I'm E.S.S” Sugar shows him her badge. He unlocks a side door to let her in.

“Something going on Miss?” He asks.

“Don't worry about it.” She takes a large binder full of organized dates of train departures.

“Okay, I'll be at the counter if you need anything” He returns to his post. Sugar searched for the day he departed on, sure in enough there it was. Alloy's name and the amount he paid for. It was for a long ride the edge of where the train could go to. She closes the binder and sets it back with the train guy.

“Thanks, that's all I need” She parts. She returns to the office Muffins greets her.

“Hey Sugar! Did you find out that he left to a far place??” She asks overly happy.

“Yep, it has his name there and all” Sugar smiles a little.

“Good thing we know for sure he left to the place with the Gryphons!” They walk to the back area.

“What's been going on here?” Sugar asks.

“Okay...so I didn't want to tell you so soon but...I'm leaving E.S.S” Muffins says with some sadness.

“You are...what will you do now?” Sugar takes a seat.

“I'm going to continue to work at the post office and live life from there” She smiles. “I'll miss working with you guys, but I need less extremities in my life”

“Will your memory be altered or something?” Sugar worries.

“Nah, Sweetie says it isn't necessary for me” She sticks out her tongue, “I'm leaving today..” She hugs Sugar.

“Take care Muffins.” Sugar hugs back.

“You more than me” She chuckles, “We'll see each other around town, we can still hang out” She smiles flying to an exit.

“That's good, I'll visit when I can” Sugar promises and waves to her as she exits. Sugar walks to the front to see her fly off. Another pegasus wearing a cap flies down to the door, it was Cara.

“Hello Miss, sorry I don't know your name” Cara says.

“It's Sugar, you're Cara right?” Sugar asks.

“Yes, I was called by BonBon on the phone that I was to start work today?”

“You were? Then I'll take you to her” Sugar says. Cara and Sugar make their way back to Alloy's office.

“Where's Alloy?” Cara asks Sugar.

“He's away on a business trip” Sugar answers as she opens the door. Sweetie looks up, papers are spread across the desk.

“Cara good you're here, take this paper and head to get a set of equipment from the employee room. On that paper you'll find the address of the building you will demolish so a newer one can be built” Sweetie explains quickly, “That's all, make haste” Cara takes the paper and hurries out.

“I found that Alloy did take the train” Sugar speaks up.

“Good, then it's confirmed 100% that he left there” Sweetie looks at her paperwork, “This...doesn't make sense..”

“What?” Sugar asks.

“I got a sealed letter from Celestia that says in detail that we are to reintroduce all previous E.S.S members back into the new E.S.S…” She rubs her head with stress, “I'd have to evaluate them all and set the rules and...”

“Alloy will help you with that once he returns” Sugar tries to comfort her.

“I'm sure he's capable of it but he's going to be really busy dealing with Notts...”

“Is there some way I can help?”

Sweetie passes her stacks of papers, “Yes, if you could read through these employe health care papers first, then look into Dotted Field's background that'll take a small load off my back.” Sweetie then passes her a pen.

“Oh..um, yeah I can do that” Sugar smiles, “What do I look for on the papers?”

“Doctor signatures, recent dates, verified addresses, and make sure their filled out all the way. Then file them over in that cabinet” Sweetie points as she keeps looking at her work.

“Okay, got it” Sugar sits down and begins her tedious work. It takes the two, hours, but they complete all the paperwork.

“Finally, that's the last one” Sweetie takes her stack of papers, setting them in a box. “What have you found out about Dotted Field?”

“His record is good, he seems to have everything organized. I think all that's left if for him to meet with us.” Sugar says.

“Usually I'd talk to Alloy about this, but he hasn't come back yet. I think me and you will do it, but first to get all of the old E.S.S members back...” She holds in her hoof all the contact information of the old crew on paper.

“Are we going to call them all?”

“That'd be the easiest way to go about it, but some have left to join Notts...I don't know who. I'll talk with Jackson before making any calls.” She sips some water, “Speaking of which, I could call him right now. This will only take a moment.”

“Okay, I'll be outside, I need some fresh air.” Sugar smiles a bit and exits the room. She strolls to the front area outside where the tree remained. It now had the construction logo on it, she sighed seeing Alloy's last name on it.

“Something wrong Miss?” Alloy's father came up to her.

“Oh, um no thank you” Sugar says shyly.

“You work here with my boy don't you?” He asks.

“Yes, but he's out of town at the moment”

“Ah yes, I remember you. You're the secretary.” He recalls, “As for Alloy, where'd he go off to this time?”

“He didn't say, only that'd he be returning within a few days” Sugar says.

“Hmm, very well” He looks at her a bit, “Something tells me you know Alloy in more than just a business matter. I don't mean to intrude, but am I correct?”

“”Er, yeah….hehe” Sugar blushes a bit.

Mr. Atomms chuckles, “I thought Alloy was hiding something from me, figures. I'm just here to check on how things are running-”

“Sugar! I'm done with the call!” Sweetie shouts out from the front door, then looks at Mr. Atomms, “Oh Mr. Atomms, my apologies, I didn't see you there” She walks out to greet him.

“BonBon, it's been sometime, are you and Alloy still working together? I thought that old secret service thing was done?” Mr. Atomms asks.

“Well, it sort of is” Sweetie replies, not knowing what else to say, “You came here to look around? Come in Sir” Sweetie leads them both inside. Mr. Atomms starts to walk around to the employee section.

“What are you going to tell him?” Sugar whispers to Sugar.

“I don't know...I would usually tell him that Alloy's on a mission, but I can't since he believes Alloy is out of E.S.S...I don't know if Alloy would like for me to tell him” Sweetie whispers back. Mr. Atomms returns to them.

“Looks like everything is in top condition. I assume all the employees are out working yes?” He asks them.

“Yes Sir” Sweetie replies.

“Good, that'll keep this a secret service talk private then. Now explain to me what Alloy is doing.” He turns to them. Both Sweetie and Sugar gulp.

Blind Spot was among those in search for Alloy, he was ordered by another gryphon to join their squad and search the streets of Old Dragon's Nest. “I'd better get paid extra for this..” Blind said in his mind. He had already been searching for well over three hours with the rest. He'd have to split off from them but hadn't gotten the perfect chance to, that is until now. It was raining lightly since they had entered the lab, but now the rain was becoming a heavy down pour.

“Everyone back to the lab!” The squad commander ordered. They all began to fly back, all except Blind. He scraped the lab uniform by the nearest trash bin.

“Much better” His under armor had been stressed on him over the lab one. “Time to search for this guy” He says to himself. The streets had risen five inches in rain water already. All the stores were closed down, with everyone else finding higher ground. He decided to find a place to rest himself, there was no use in search in the current conditions, he was tired, hungry, and soaked in water. Flying the best he could, he went into a cave and took off his armor for it to dry. A little bag contained some pieces of dry bread for him to eat. Blind was prepared for many situations, he had trained himself in survival, he made his fire grabbing dry twigs in the cave.

“Blind” A voice says from deeper in the cave.

“Alloy?” Blind asks. Alloy walks up to him, he is injured with a bullet wound, “What happened to you?”

“I ran away...I got shot, I couldn't dodge them all..” He sits next to Blind. Alloy was keeping his blood from flowing out with his magic, but he was struggling to keep it that way.

“Why'd you run away for, it caused such a mess for me” Blind chuckles a bit.

“Memories, I couldn't stop them from going through my head...” He bites his teeth in pain.

“Let me tend to your wound, lay on you back” Blind takes out a tweezers, cotton, disinfectant, and a sewing needle from his bag. Alloy slowly lays on his back, switching off his magic. Blind works quickly, taking out two small caliber bullets, “Two so far, I think that's all of them” He disinfects the wound, “Lucky it didn't hit anything vital”

“I don't know what to do Blind”

“I'm no doctor or psychiatrist, there's not much I can do to comfort you. I'll help you heal” Blind says.

“Thanks, that's good enough for now while I have time to think...I hurts to think.” He says, “Faces keep popping up, I had a brother..I think..I call him that in my memories. I took care of him, I had a job..I wasn't to badly off..” Alloy says randomly.

“Just rest. And don't lay on your chest's side, it'll damage the wound.” Blind goes out to the edge of the cave opening to look out while Alloy stays inside sleeps. Alloy wakes up randomly and sleeps some more all the while he thinks, memories flood in, and then they vanish.

What was he to now? Resume his life as normally as possible? There were so many things that he had to deal with in his Alloy personality. What about his old self though? Surely he had problems of his own, hopes, dreams, and family. Through all this one memory of a light gray unicorn with hair like his kept coming up. He was smaller than Alloy, and called him brother. Who was he? Did he really have a younger brother...what was his name? Perhaps they had erased his memories as well.

Alloy stood up, Blind was asleep. He made his way to the edge and looked over, the raining had long stopped leaving the early night fresh. He had to find out more of this brother of his, that was now his top priority. Forget E.S.S, Notts, Sugar…he wanted to forget them but that wasn't reality, everything was still happening, ponies were still counting on him to be there. He tried to not care about this all, but he just had to find out his past. There was too much for him just to let pass by, he was here, and one guy knew everything he didn't: Dr. Flower Pot.

Mr. Atomms sat in Alloy office chair as Sweetie explained as much as she could to the stallion. Mr. Atomms nodded. “I suspected something was going on” He stands up reaching for a bottle of water. “He should have told me something sooner. I noticed something was off when I saw that all the money I had put it had been paid back to me by the government”

“Are you going to let us continue our work?” Sweetie asks.

“I have to say yes, it's dangerous not to have a secret service. You all need to be careful. Speaking of which, where's Alloy?” He asks, retaking his seat.

“We believe he's in the Gryphon Kingdom. He's on a mission for our former boss.” Sweetie says.

“Why exactly?”

“He's been undercover with them to find out their plans” She replies. Atomms rubs his hair.

“I don't like him doing these things...” He says with shakiness in his voice. They all stay silent for some time.

“We all worry about him and each other here...we know it's hard to do certain things but we have to do it to protect the ones we love.” Sugar speaks up.

“You gals can't be more right.” He stands and heads for the door, “Take care of each other then, I'll be visiting more often to check up on things” He smiles and leaves.

“Poor Mr. Atomms, he's probably worried sick...” Sugar says with a sigh.

“I can see it through his smile, he still has his doubts, but let's do our best to deal with our situations” Sweetie returns to Alloy's desk, “Time to make a bunch of calls”

“How many are we calling?” Sugar asks.

“Fifteen...according to Jackson seven have been killed, five have gone to work with Notts, and the others are no longer within within range of returning back.”

“What do you mean by range?”

“They've either committed a crime or are too far away to come here daily” She sighs.

“How do you feel about this?” Sugar asks.

“Things were better with the old agency, but that was an illusion. The old agency was corrupted by Notts. I'm happier here with the you all, and the fifteen that I'm calling, they're good ponies. We'll be even stronger with them” She smiles and begins to dial the first number on the list. Sugar smiles as well, she leans back in her chair thinking of Alloy.


End of Chapter 18.