• Published 21st Mar 2016
  • 539 Views, 1 Comments

E.S.S (Equestria's Secret Service) - Power Hors3



Alloy works for E.S.S, aka the Equestrian Secret Service, what happens when the main six come along and save the day? What happens if they don't? What if they turn on us? E.S.S has that covered

  • ...
4
 1
 539

E.S.S 4 - The Baker and The Office and The Business

E.S.S: 4
The Baker and The Office and The Business

Alloy awoke by himself, and stopped his watch from ringing it's alarm. He turned over and jumped back a little when he saw Sugar Belle looking at him from the stairs.

“Sorry!” She says suddenly. “I, uh..I made you some breakfast” She smiles making her way into the kitchen. Alloy gets up and follows her.

“Breakfast, you didn't need to” He says kindly.

“Oh but you must be famished! You traveled here from far away.” She says placing a plate of burnt food. He looks at it with disinterest in tasting it.

“I have some food in my pack” He says.

“...I know..I'm not a good cook with this cutie mark limiting me” She looks away saddened.

“Hey now, that mark can't keep us from making a good meal, how about we cook together? I'm not to bad, at least I think I'm not” He smiles, suddenly realizing that her cutie mark was taking her talents away.

“You would? Really?” She asks as if it were a weird thing to offer.

“Sure thing, breakfast is an important meal after all, let's make it taste good, and you can learn to bake better at the same time.” He says as he looks through he fridge getting out ingredients. She watches as Alloy places things into a bowl and begins mixing. She smiles and helps him mix.

“I'll mix for you, you can measure” She says. Alloy nods and measures out a cup of milk, flour, and cracks eggs into the bowl. After a few minutes, they have baked a nice batch of muffins.

They sit together and eat, “Blur, these are amazing!” She says.

“You think so? They're alright I guess, I think I may have added a little to much egg.” He says.

“They're perfect” She eyes him. Alloy turns a bit embarrassed and quickly changes the subject.

“Thanks. Hey, have you gotten any new about those in the prison?”

“Them? Oh yes! We're going to see them today, my friend is with them. He had to go there to help Fluttershy join us.”

“Wait….what?” Alloy asks confused, Fluttershy joined the town?

“Yes! It was rather sudden yesterday, I hope my friend's alright. Let's finish quickly, we'll be seeing them today.” She says. They eat their meal and head out towards a crowd in front of the prison. Alloy slips away and observers from one of the houses. Sugar Belle looks around but doesn't find him, so she joins the crowd from behind.

The 5 of the Six are taken out, but not before Party Favor runs out and begs for forgiveness. Alloy watches as Starlight agrees, which causes a general celebration. Suddenly everyone gasps as Twilight steps out, saying she'll join as well. Alloy is shocked. After some dialog, Fluttershy throws a bucket of water towards Starlight, which she dodges. This adds to Alloy's confusion. Party Favor then wipes a drop of water that happened to fall on Starlight. Which cause a big commotion. Sugar Belle goes up to her, she asks why Starlight had her cutie marks still. Alloy finally understood! Starlight was lying to them, she had kept her cutie mark after saying that they were bad and evil. They begin to surround Starlight.

“Oh crap, are they going to kill her??” Alloy thinks aloud. Starlight begins to run away quickly and everyone starts for a cave, except the main six which go after Starlight at her house. Alloy follows causally from behind, making sure he isn't being suspicious. The six can't get in and are aided by the villagers, which seem to all have there cutie marks back on them. They break into her house and exit out through a cave exit. Alloy pants as he tries to keep up. The group pursue Starlight, the main six are lagging behind so Alloy stays behind them.

In a matter of minutes, the action is over and the Main Six's marks are returned to them. How? Alloy didn't know. The Six rushed off ahead to confront Starlight, Alloy stays behind and watches from the cliff, he takes out a set of binoculars to see. Starlight nearly kills 3 of them, one of who is Sugar Belle, with a magical blast. Twilight creates a shield which had blocked off the attack. Alloy's heart raced suddenly as he thought that would have been the end of Sugar Belle. Starlight creates a flash and disappears into the tunnels of the mountain.

“She got away.” He says to himself putting away the binoculars.

After sometime everyone goes back to town, including Alloy, who checks up on Sugar Belle

"Blur! There you are! I'm feel so much better" Sugar Belle hops with excitement.

"You look pretty beautiful too, hehe, I'm glad you got your mark back" Alloy says to her. She blushes a bit.

"Aww thanks Blur. Hey you know what? The town is having a celebration for getting all our marks back. Want to help me bake?" She asks quickly.

"Hmm" He looks at his watch, "Let's do it." He smiles.

They go to her house were they begin a massive baking session. "You've gotten way better!" Alloy says to her, watching how quickly she makes things.

"It's all thanks to getting my mark back" She says with joy.

"That other mark was restricting you from your talent" Alloy say, "I'm happy for you Sugar you're definitely better than me at this."

"I like you Blur, hehe this morning when we baked, I remembered what my true talents used to be like before Starlight took my mark. For once in a long time I felt truly proud of my food again" She says hiding her face a bit. Alloy looks at her a little then responds.

"Hu, well it seems I came here for a reason." He smiles. She smiles a little as well. Together they finish the baking, Alloy helps her carry the food out to the Main Street where everyone in town is putting in something towards making a big party.

"I think maybe it's time I should leave, everything seems fine now" Alloy says to himself, but is over heard by Sugar.

"Leave? You'll miss the party Blur." She says.
He turns back.

"You guys deserve it, I didn't do much of anything to help"

"Don't say that, you helped me, and we haven't had time to...know each other" She says looking down. Alloy thinks a few seconds then goes on to make her happy.

"Tell you what, I'll stay for the party. Then I'll need to head back home" He says in happy voice.

"Good! Come on Blur, we need to pass out the food!" She takes his arm and together they start to give everyone pastries of all kinds. The main six, he notices, don't stay for long and leave with the town forever thanking them. After the party cools down Alloy and Sugar are sitting at the bakery stand eating.

"Oh man I'm stuffed. It's really good I just want to eat more" Alloys says with his belly now fat.

"Yea! I still got the good baker in me. Haven't been like this in years!" Sugar comments.

"How long have you been here?"

"I believe it's been 3 or more years."

"Living like this? How did you ever put up with it?"

"Honestly now that I look back, I don't know. I think it was just the promises and unity Starlight had created here"

"She has pretty strong magic from what I can tell" Alloy says.

"She does, I mean she could literally take away a pony's cutie mark. Must take a lot of studying for that."

"I bet so, I've never been one for extreme spells like that, but I'm pretty good with more normal spells"

"Me too. Oh, I never asked, but how'd you end up here at this town"

"I was following the main six" he answers directly.

"Why? For their protection?"

"In a way, but really just to observe what they're capable of up close. I'm not too impressed. It was really all the town working together that saved the day."

"They helped the town realize what we were all living through" sugar defends.

"True, they did do their...uh job I suppose" Alloy says.

"Something wrong?" She asks.

"I saw how Starlight nearly killed you up there just before Twilight saved you with a shield spell" Alloy says, "I thought for a second that that was the end of you..."

"Oh Blur.." She hugs him.

"My name is Alloy" He says suddenly.

"Alloy? Why'd you use Blur?"

"I...it's part of my job" he turns away feeling a bit guilty.

"Your...job?"

"It's, well...not technically my job anymore so I'll tell you. I used to be part of E.S.S" He turns back to her.

"E.S.S?"

"It's the Equestrian Secret Service."

"Woah really? That's got to be a tough job"

"It was, until those Six came along and made it a piece of cake."

"What happened??" She asks.

"We were all dismissed." He says.

"Oh...I'm sorry"

"Don't be, it's okay, me and a few others have joined together to basically start up something like it again"

"That's really noble of you guys. So why do you follow the main six?"

"We want to know how they work, what makes them so powerful, and I suppose to also be there in case they aren't there"

"Alloy that's a big cause you have, how many of you are there?"

"Only 3 including me"

"That's...a little. Hey do you think I could join??"

"Sugar, it's a dangerous job. I don't want you being in danger like today"

"Oh come on, I could at least be doing office work and baking for you guys"

"I'll need to give it some thought and ask the others, it's a big decision. I want you to think about this too" He says.

"You're about to leave aren't you..?" She looks down.

"It's about that time." He lifts her chin up, "I'll be back in less than a week" he smiles. She hugs him tightly.

"Alright...don't keep me waiting!" She smiles.

After some final preparations, Alloy leaves the town onward to Equestria. It takes him another day to find the train tracks that lead into Equestria. That night he set up his tent by the tracks and rested his tired hooves. He began to wonder about Sugar. She liked him. Was that a good thing? He didn't want to start getting all emotional over her, it would drag him down. If they got together they'd be in love a while, separate one day, or she'd get harmed and he'd regret it. It's was too much of a risk, besides his life was happy without a special someone. Though he said that, he still couldn't get her out of his mind for the rest of that night.

The next morning Alloy ate a muffin Sugar had made the day before which he enjoyed. He made progress that day, making it to a small town in Equestria, which he rested at for an hour and caught the next train into Ponyville. He reached the town fairly early in the day around 10:30am. Sweetie Drops spotted him as soon as he stepped off the train.

"Alloy! You're back" she walks beside him, "Well, how'd it go?" She asks.

"I'm tired." He smiles, "The six had been captured before I arrived at this isolated town, which was run by a communist type of government"

"That's quite the place, how'd they escape?"

"At a town gathering, they found out their leader had lied to them so they sorta rebelled. Non-violently. The six took that time to escape and the town aided them to get their cutie marks back"

"They lost their cutie marks??"

"Oh yea, so apparently their leader, Starlight, had the know how to remove them."

"That's pretty extreme. So what did they main six do?"

"They showed the town how not to be oppressed and to have their talents. The most magical act was done by Twilight when she saved three of them from being destroyed"

"Destroyed by?"

"One of Starlight's spells"

"Ah, okay. I'm glad you're safe as well Alloy. Good job."

"Heh, thanks. What have the six done here?"

"They arrived late yesterday, they were all really happy and then they all went to their homes"

"Did you get into the castle?"

"I tried, but it was all locked down, besides Muffin's told me Spike and a few other stallions were there. I don't know for what"

"Nothing too exciting then" Alloy smiles.

"Yep. I'd like to know more about this Starlight leader, what happened to her?"

"She disappeared into a cave system, nobody followed after her"

"Hmm, she could be a possible threat. We'll be sure to be on the look out if she surfaces around these parts." Sweetie says. Alloy nods and yawns a bit.

"Oh BonBon, there was this mare I meet in that town, her name was Sugar Belle. She's interested in joining us"

"You told her about us??"

"It was the appropriate moment too, so yes I did. She helped the main six in pursuing Starlight and she's a great baker."

"Okay, we'll have to find out more about her before we go on, I'll ask Muffins to join us at Hay's Burgers at 12 pm."

"Gotcha I'll be there, I'm going to be preparing something. See ya!" He runs off.

"Preparing something? Alloy is so random sometimes." Sweetie says to herself, she slightly smiles.

Alloy sits on a bench at the bus station, he takes out a small map from his pack which had been used to find his way back home. He circles an area right by Ponyville and labels it with an H. "Perfect little spot" he says. He gets up and makes a call on a line phone.

"Hello? Mr. Atomms talking" Alloy's dad answers.

"Hey father, you think I can have some money?"

"Not even a 'how are you doing?' Hu? Alright what's it for and how much?"

"I'm going to build a small business office here in Ponyville."

"Business ay? Sounds good, so how much?"

"I don't know, how much do you think it cost to build a building like that father?"

"Hmm lets see, air, property, water, plumbing, supplies, workers...680,000 bits minimum to build. And cost per month would be 6,250 bits. This all just the least costly option "

"That sounds reasonable, so will you give me the bits?"

"I suppose I will, now before I do, what's this business of yours?"

"It's a uh..an office that...uh, will deal with construction in Ponyville" Alloy says.

"Ah perfect! Cashing in on all the destruction Tirek did! Basic economics. See son, it's just the way I would have done it. I'm proud of you my boy. I'll send you the money via your bank account."

"Um, yeah thanks father" Alloy hangs up. His father was one of those business ponies that made money by investing in things like that, he would always receive tons of money from disasters, which seemed to happen every now and then so that made him basically rich.

Alloy didn't like the way he profited, but it was all just business. His father would attend to the galas and grand parties of Cantorlot and hang out with the elite of the country. Maybe his father had some influence in the politics but Alloy wasn't to sure, he had never asked. His mother had been right along with him as his partner, until she started losing her memory little by little. Alloy's father would still keep her next to him but she'd be so random at times that she became a hazard when doing business so father usually had her stay at the house while he was out. Alloy could tell his father was having a hard time with her, father had tried to give her the best treatment for her memory issues, he cared a lot for her. Together they had become wealthy, it was a typical love story, they meet it college, fell in love, started a small business, it grew, they had Alloy, and then overtime they were making money. Alloy's parents, when he was young didn't have as much time to parent him properly, but he didn't mind. He had his friends to hang out with, but spent most his time with his parents and their businesses. He always spoke his mind which would get him into trouble at times. His parents were there to bail him out though, Alloy hadn't done any far off crimes, he had good morals. It's just sometimes at his school he felt that it was a waste of time because he learned more things that mattered to him from following his father around meetings with scientist and officials. In fact Alloy graduated early because his father knew he was not going to learn from the school so using his money, Alloy was set free from school. He took to inventing or still following his father around on his business runs, that is until E.S.S caught his eye and just had to join.

These things Alloy often reflected on at times. Regardless, his office would be made, and he was happy.

End of Chapter 4.