• Published 21st Mar 2016
  • 539 Views, 1 Comments

E.S.S (Equestria's Secret Service) - Power Hors3



Alloy works for E.S.S, aka the Equestrian Secret Service, what happens when the main six come along and save the day? What happens if they don't? What if they turn on us? E.S.S has that covered

  • ...
4
 1
 539

E.S.S: 19 - Taking back what's Mine

E.S.S: 19
Taking back what's Mine

Sugar had spent all of the night making the calls, both she and Sugar had fallen asleep in the office, without locking it down or turning off the lights. They were finally awakened by a buzzing noise coming from Alloy's desk.

“Someone's at the front...” Sweetie lifts her head wearily. She looks at the camera screen, it was Lyra and Dotted Field. “We have company, I'll speak with Lyra..” She stretches and goes. Sugar lazily stands up and falls onto the floor. She naps on the floor for five more minutes then forces herself up, going to the front. Lyra and BonBon were talking while Dotted awaited patiently for Sugar to meet with him.

“Hello” She greets tiredly. He stands, walking to her.

“Hello Miss Sugar, I'm here for my interview” He says.

“Yeah..? Right this way..” Sugar was too sleepy for this, she lead him to the back, made coffee and sat in her office room. Dotted takes a seat waiting for her to start.

Sugar takes her time to drink half the coffee and starts, “So..Mr. Dotted Field, what are your interests?” She looks at a paper with questions written by Alloy and Sweetie Drops.

“My interests are mainly to protect my country. Outside of work though, I enjoy flying out by myself or a friend.” He answers, “How about you?” He says in a different tone that wakes Sugar up.

“Me? Um well I..I work here most of the time, outside of that I like to cook” She says quickly.

“Cooking hu? Do you make food for the office here?” He asks.

“Occasionally, it's in my cutie mark's nature to be a good cook and baker” She smiles, then gets back on task, “Er, anyways; What brought you to joining, it was seeing E.S.S in action at castle correct?”

“Sort of, it was seeing you preform better than I did” He smiles a little to her. She becomes a little nervous but continues.

“Yes, I remember, what are your previous professions?”

“I worked with the army since I registered for it in high school, from there I was promoted till I reached the level of royal guard. I was just instituted there a month ago” He leans back a bit, “How long have you been here?”

“Not to long, I'm actually the newest member, aside from maybe you if you join” She says.

“Is that so? Heh, they're letting a rookie do this kind of work already?” He mocks playfully.

“Hehe, we're not that big on members at the moment, so we have to make due with what we have” She laughs casually.

“If I work here, I'd try making your work easier” He smiles, “Whats the next question.” Sugar's heart suddenly starts to feel something, but she continues,

“If you are to join, do you recognize all the risks, and that what happens in this organization remains secret, being shared with no one but us?” She asks, now more serious.

“Yes, I've done my research before coming here today, I understand that by joining I'll be intrusted with Equestria's security to a maximum” He replies. Sweetie enters the room to watch.

“Good. Are you willing to part with all other jobs you have? And are you ready today to join into the organization?” Sugar asks, she takes out a pen and paper.

“Yes.” He says firmly.

“Then I'll have you sign here. If you read below it has the consequences of betrayal. It also list other risks and challenges that may occur during your working here.” She states.

“A memory wipe after I leave the organization…?” He looks at a line of the contract uneasily.

“Yes, it is a standard for security measures.” Sweetie speaks up from behind.

“Okay...let me think about this a bit..” Dotted says as he holds the pen.

“Don't be uneasy about signing, if you don't want to, the door is right there” Sweetie says in a blunt business manner.

“No..it's just. I'm in” He signs his signature, giving it back to Sugar.

“You will be put on a trial time to see what you are capable of and to show us your trust. You will be granted no access to this back area unless escorted by one of the agents.” Sweetie states and leaves the room.

“How long is this trial for?” Dotted asks Sugar.

“I don't know, it's probably as long as she wants it to be” Sugar says, drinking the rest of her coffee.

“You're new here, can you help me out on what to do?”

“I might be able to, but it may not be granted to me to help.” She says.

“How was your trial?”

“Things...were different for me, when I joined E.S.S was at a low point, so I think it was easier for me then it will be for you.” Sugar says.

“Oh..I see..”

“I went on missions with them to observe how they did things, eventually we started here at this building and they granted me more information and access cards, and my official E.S.S badge. It was all really thanks to Agents Alloy, Sweetie, and Muffins that this this was started up.”

“They're the founders?”

“Yes, and another guy, Jackson, but he mostly does other work outside the office. I think what made them trust me more was when Celestia appeared before us all and put E.S.S back into power.”

“Woah..really? What happened to E.S.S?” He starts. There's a knock at the door, Sweetie opens the door.

“Sugar may I have a word with you?” She asks. Sugar nods and goes with her and closes the door, “Don't reveal too much to him. He's new, we don't know his true intentions, and with all new agents, we train up to know these things. That's why I limited his access here.”

“I've noticed things were different with me weren't they?” Sugar asks shyly.

“Yes, I'll admit that with you, things went by faster than usual. That was partially because of your connection with Alloy, but then again you did prove that you could be trusted.” Sweetie says. Sugar looks down a bit, “Don't feel bad about it, in fact you should be proud that you're able to rank up to know all these things and have that badge you have. You'll be one of our best agents” She smiles. Sugar smiles with her.

“Thanks hehe, what do we do with Dotted Field then?”

“For today, that's it. We don't have time to deal with him at the moment, later all fifteen agents I called will be coming here for a major meeting and I want you to be here for it” Sweetie says.

“I wasn't planning on going anywhere” Sugar chuckles.

“Good, release Dotted to go home. Tell him we'll contact him back tomorrow” Sweetie pats Sugars shoulder and goes to her own office. Sugar smiles a bit, reentering her office room. Dotted was sitting down waiting patiently.

“What now?” He asks.

“Nothing for today, it was just your interview and signature. We'll contact you tomorrow” Sugar replies.

“And my oath?”

“That'll be at a later date, probably after your trial period” Sugar thinks. Dotted stands.

“Alright, I'll see you tomorrow maybe” He says. Sugar escorts him out.

“Heh, maybe. Keep your phone ready for our call” Sugar says, opening the door for him. He nods and starts to leave, turning back to say,

“I'll be waiting for it” He winks. Sugar closes the door, and makes her way back to her office slouching in her chair to yawn and rest. After some time and some coffee, Sugar goes to speak with Sweetie.

“Are you still tired Sugar?” Sweetie asks, she is back in Alloy's office making sure everything is up to date.

“A bit, I'm starting to wake up know, are you still working?”

“Yes, but it's not a lot. Everything seems to be quiet for now, all we have on the agenda today is the meeting with all the agents.” Sweetie gets of the chair, heading out to the lounge. Sugar follows.

“How long will that take?”

“No idea, if you can, would you make food for us all for the meeting?” Sweetie makes herself a bowl of cereal.

“For everyone..?” She smiles, “Of course! I haven't been cooking in forever! What should I make??”

“Now you're awake” Sweetie laughs, “I'll leave that up to you, consider it a special mission” They both laugh.

Over the night Blind had been awakened time after time from Alloy's random noises, it irritated him, but he knew he couldn't help it. The morning came and he had risen, going out to get food for the both of them. Once he returned, Alloy was awake walking in circles talking to himself.

“Hey freak, I brought us food” Blind says taking out a bag of noodles. Alloy pays no mind, keeping on talking, “Alloy snap out of it!” Blind grabs his head, “Shut up! You've been making noises ever since we came here!”

“What..? Blind!” Alloy yells.

“Yes?”

“You brought food!” Alloy pushes Blind aside with his magic and begins to eat. Blind wanted to say something but ate as well.

“He's losing it” Blind said in his head.

“Say, how would you like to go back to Dr. Flower's lab?” Alloy randomly asks, his mouth stuffed with noodles.

“Are you mad?? What are you going to do, turn yourself in?” Blind frowns.

“Yes!” Alloy smiles. Blind face palms,

“What..? After all we did to get out of there!?” Blind was starting to think Alloy was completely lost.

“It's part of the plan Blind, I'll have myself capture so I can find out more information. I'll appease to him somehow, you can do your guard act.” Alloy takes out a small ear mic, “Here, when I say the word you'll come in, free me and we light up the place!”

“Why am I agreeing to this...” Blind takes the ear piece, “This better work, and I'd better get paid extra”

“I can work that out once we make it out” Alloy laughs.

“Okay, well I've been wanting some action lately anyways” Blind smiles.

Later nearing noon, the two go back to the lab. A guard opens the door for them, “It's the unicorn! Did you capture him??” He asks Blind.

“What does it look like? Of course I did, tell the boss” Blind replies. He nods and radios in to Dr. Flower Pot.

“He's really happy, come on I'll take you to him” The guard flies down to them and leads them back down to the Doc. Dr. Flower opens the door.

“You got him again? You'll need a promotion after this” Dr. Flower congratulates Blind. Blind salutes and leaves Alloy and the Dr alone. Alloy is strapped to the chair once more, with a field of energy surrounding him.

“Happy to see me again? How dare you try escape like that!” Dr. Flower rages.

“I did it because I was scared!” Alloy shouts back, “I didn't mean to, there were things..in my head I couldn't control”

“Is that so? Then the memories can be returned then...” Dr takes note, “Okay, don't run off again Mr. Alloy.”

“Tell me more about my old self, I kept on seeing...who I think was my brother” Alloy says.

“Your brother, Hertz.” Dr Flower says.

“Hertz? What like the frequency measurement for cycles, sound and stuff?” Alloy asks.

“Yes, an odd name, but then again your name is Alloy which is a mixture of metals or elements.” The Doc smiles.

“But that's not my real name is it? You know don't you?” Alloy frowns.

“I might have remembered now” He chuckles darkly, “What does it really matter? A name is but something to call someone by, you could be called Fluffy, Sky, Ben, Bob, the list goes on.”

“Yes, but this name was mine” Alloy adds.

“Was yours, you have a new one that fits you well don't you think? Alloy, a mixture of things, you being you and your past self. Two lives mixed into one” Dr. Pot laughs. Alloy smiles a bit.

“I guess you have a point...” Alloy then sighs, “Is my brother still alive?”

“Who knows, he was younger than you by a few years. I was going to to do the same that I did to you to him, but he ran away before I even knew he was your brother. Your E.S.S, you can find him I'm sure, his name is pretty unique, and you say you've seen him”

“Only in my mind...was he gray and had his hair similar to me?”

“Haha, yes. So you do remember. He was like you but younger as I've said” He chuckles, “Anything more?

“I-I don't think so..for now”

“You plan on finding him then? Your brother.”

“Yes, but since I have a brother, are my parents alive?”

“I don't know, I never checked on them” Dr. Pot admits.

“What now, can I leave?” Alloy says. Blind is listening in.

“Leaving so fast? I still have a few...tests I'd like to do” He smiles.

“Like what?”

“Simple. Painless.” Dr. pot starts, “Some brain scans, I want to see how your brain has developed your new personality. That's all”

“I can do that.” Alloy agrees.

“You don't have too big of a choice, but I like that you're complying” He turns down the force field and brings over equipment, he cleans Alloy's head and places a helmet with multiple wires running through it. He turns on a machine that feeds information from Alloy's brain to a terminal where Dr. Flower begins to see and then write down notes.

“How long will this take?” Alloy asks.

“It's not too much time. I'm calling in some fellow physicians to examine you” Dr. Pot radios in and soon two gryphons enter the room, one male, the other female. They both have lab coats on.

“It's the unicorn you wanted us to see. Shall we start the exam? We'll need his straps off” The female says.

“Alloy, don't go crazy again.” Dr. Pot warns. Alloy nods and stand as the straps are taken off.

“Good. Stand still” The male gryphon says. They do a basic exam to see his overall health, looking at his eyes, ears, his heart beat, diet, breathing, sickness records, and questions on drug usage, drinking, ect. After this they take notes and leave Alloy alone. Dr. Flower looks at the results, smiles, and sends them out.

“Looks like you perfect, well not really, you have a bullet wound. We can fix that real quick” Dr. Flower says.

“I'm far from perfect Doc, but that wound does need attention.” Alloy states. The Dr nods and calls in a medic group, they bring in a small bed with equipment. Alloy is asked to get on, after he does they put on a gas mask to sleep him while the operation goes through.

Meeting time approached for the two agents at the office. Sugar was busy baking while Sweetie ensured she had all she needed, even preparing a small speech. As Sweetie recited, Celestia appears in her office, starling Sweetie a bit. She bows.

“Rise, I asked you about the other agents, how's that going?” Celestia asks.

“Preparing for a meeting as we speak ma'am” Sweetie states.

“Oh, did I interrupt? My apologies” Celestia chuckles lightly.

“No problem at all, is there something you needed?”

“Yes, I'll be staying here for the meeting duration. I wanted to talk to you to thank you and the other agents for your work so far. I know it's probably hard to manage with such small numbers, that's why I ordered for the other agents to return. I prepared my own speech.” Celestia sits where she is.

“No need to thank us Princess, it's our duty” Sweetie sits in her office chair.

“It is, and well done carrying it out. How many are coming?”

“Fifteen, I hope” Sweetie fixes some papers.

“You'll need a bigger office” Celestia chuckles, “The E.S.S building in Canterlot will be locked down and demolished, Everything there is to be moved here”

“Understood”

“I'd like this building to have a sub level for the agency. This construction gig is to risky, have it moved locations so we can dedicate this only for E.S.S”

“I'll speak to Alloy on that” Sweetie assures her.

Celestia nods, “I was going to speak to him, but he doesn't appear to be here”

“He's out on a mission” Sweetie states.

“How long has he been out for?”

“Three days almost.”

“For Notts I assume? We need to close up what's happening with him, I'm getting strong feelings that the more he's out there, the more dangerous things are becoming” Celestia says worriedly, “However, these things take time and I have my full trust that this can be taken care of” Celestia stands. Sweetie stands as well and opens the door.

“Thank you Princess, it's time for the meeting” Sweetie says going to the lobby where Sugar was setting down food on the tables. “Sugar stay here with the Princess, I'll go greet the guest and bring them over back here”

“Gotcha, everything's ready” Sugar says. Sweetie nods and goes to the front doors. Already, two previous agents were waiting at the front.

“Agent Sweetie Drops, nice to see you” One says. The other smiles.

“Come in you two, the meeting is in the back area, you can't miss it” She says kindly. They go to the back.

Sugar finished setting all the food and saw the two old agents come in and greet Celestia with a bow. They then sat and waited, soon enough all said fifteen agents showed up. Sweetie locked down the place and took her spot at a pulpit in front of all the agents. She kept her composure firm, readying herself to talk. “Greeting everypony, you all know who I am; Sweetie Drops. Thank you all for coming here today, Alloy Atomms couldn't make it here to make his appearance.” She starts. Jackson comes inside, he had come in with the other agents and sat next to Sugar. Sweetie continues, “I couldn't say much in the call I gave all of you, this is why we're here. We are the new E.S.S, the old one was never closed down it was a trick set up by our former respected Director Notts” There is general surprise and gasps, “As we speak Notts plans on doing terrorist acts upon Equestria, and we need to step up the call. We need to join back to protect again, to serve again, to be an organization to be reckoned with again!” There are some claps, “Ahem, our guest Celestia will now take the stand here and say a few words.” Celestia stands, making her way to the pulpit.

“Thanks Agent Sweetie Drops” Celestia says. Sweetie takes her place back with Sugar and Jackson. “As Sweetie has stated, we need you all to rejoin. What Notts did has crippled our security. If it wasn't for Agents: Alloy. Sweetie, Jackson, Muffins, and now Agent Sugar, E.S.S wouldn't be here today” Some look over to see the new Agent Sugar, “They have their work cut out for them, serving as the only E.S.S on the field. That's right, only them, and so I, as your ruler call upon you all on this day to consider retaking your places in the agency.” There is some talk among the group, “Your ranks will be reestablished, your badges returned, your pay rolls back, and of course everything else that old E.S.S had.” There is some more clapping. Celestia smiles.

“I think it's going to work” Sugar whispers to Sweetie.

“I believe so too, thank goodness..” Sweetie sighs with relief.

“Old agents hu? Good thing I came to see for myself that they returned” Jackson chuckles softly. Celestia continues here speech, finishing off with thank yous and her blessings before leaving. Now it was only the old agents and the trio left.

“You may all eat as you please, for any questions come to us at this table” Sweetie announces. Everyone starts to eat and speak.

“So are you the new Director now Sweetie?” An old agent comes up to her.

“Not that I know of Sean, but I do have a higher rank now” Sweetie chuckles, “Sugar this is Sean Gas, he was our old computer nerd”

“Hello, I'm Sugar” Sugar introduces herself.

“The newbie, I'm Sean, the nerd as Sweetie pointed out. I'll make sure all our lines and connections are secure.” He states.

“You can actually start on that now” Sweetie says. She and Sean leave the table.

“Do you know all these ponies Jackson?” Sugar asks the dozing off pony.

“Sho do. Some of them don't like me me cause I got my own style of handlin' things” Jackson lifts his head laughing a bit. “I'll tell you all their names” He starts to point, “Susy Splitter, Anderson Bears, Double Tap, Cloud Duster, Kare Leaf, Rosey Chairman, Genie Silk, Zack Bead, Black Pearls, Raya Mixer, Al Gat, Butter Hugerr, Jackie Diamond, Linda River, and Sean Gas who you've met” Jackson takes a dink of soda from the table.

“You remember them all? Wow, that's a lot of names.” Sugar says, she herself eating.

“Of course, these folks saved my life, kept me informed, provided me with protection, joked around as well as served with them” Jackson says with a grin.

“I should probably familiarize myself with them then” Sugar scoots out of her chair, going to see the old agents.

A dream. Several dreams. As the procedure went by for Alloy, he dreamed about many odd things that he couldn't understand, but one stood out more from the rest.

“Brother go quick they're coming!” A gray unicorn told him. He was Hertz, his younger brother.

“I'm going as fast I can Hertz!” Alloy replied to him, he limped over to an alley. “I think...this is it, Hertz come here..”

“Yes..?” Hertz asks, his eyes watered.

“You need to get out of here now...I can't go much further..you can escape. I'll give you time..” Alloy says. Hertz breaks into tears.

“I can't leave you!” He sobbed.

“I said go! Please...go..” Alloy pushed Hertz to the top of a fence. Hertz turns back to see Alloy.

“Will we see each other again brother…?”

“We will...I promise Hertz..I'll find you. Now go..I love you..” Alloy shouted back as Hertz began to run in tears away.

The dream ended, Alloy was crying as he awakened. He was strapped down. Around him the place was shot up. Blind comes up to Alloy and unstraps him.

“I heard you crying in pain so I came in and dealt with them all myself, well not everyone...the whole base is now after us! Get up!” Blind picks him up.

“We are...but is the Doctor..” Alloy walks fast with Blind.

“He's dead.” Blind replies.

“Dammit..I needed more information. I need to get things off his terminal!” Alloy turns back but Blind grabs his shoulder.

“Alloy. Look at me. We're out numbered here, there's no time to waste or we'll die. We can find out more somewhere else now let's go!”

“You're right...okay..okay..” Alloy follows Blind. The alarms blare out sending gryphons to attack them. Blind plainly kills several of the ones near them.

“There's a lot...too many. I can't shoot them all. Teleport us out!” Blind grabs Alloy and points him upwards, “Go up unicorn!”

“Hey! I don't work like that!” Alloy laughs, teleporting them all the way to the outside. He collapses, “I guess...I'm weak right now..” He takes his breath.

“Weakness can wait later, get up!” Blind, again picks him up, “We have a large headstart, they're looking for us down there.” He comments. They make it out of the general lab's area and go into the city.

“We can't stay here for long, they'll for sure come here” Alloy says out of breath.

“I'll fly us out of here, we'll be safe once we get back to my home village” Blind throws Alloy on his back, “Hang on!”

“I don't thinks this is a good-” Alloy starts to say, but is lifted into the air as Blind rapidly takes off, He uses his magic to grip onto Blind's back.

“Not so tight! I'm trying to fly here!” Blind yells out. Alloy loosens his grip “There's a storm coming, there's going to turbulence”

“I've never flown for a long period of time! This is amazing!” Alloy smiles with joy as the wind flows through his hair. They continue flying, there are some rough winds that pick up but Blind was a strong flier, gaining control.

“This doesn't look good we need to land!” Blind yells over to Alloy who is having the time of his life.

“Do we have to?” Alloy asks acting almost like a filly. Blind rolls his eyes, he starts to descend lower, a strong wind hits them knocking Alloy off the bird-hybrid’s back. He teleports frantically lower and lower till he crashes into a tree. He manages to catch a glimpse of Blind trying to land but falling as well in a near by tree. He then passes out as hard rain falls onto the land scape.

End of Chapter 19.