• Published 21st Mar 2016
  • 539 Views, 1 Comments

E.S.S (Equestria's Secret Service) - Power Hors3



Alloy works for E.S.S, aka the Equestrian Secret Service, what happens when the main six come along and save the day? What happens if they don't? What if they turn on us? E.S.S has that covered

  • ...
4
 1
 539

E.S.S: 6 - Interview with Friends

E.S.S: 6
Interview with Friends

Alloy woke up before Sugar did, he could hear her snoring down the hall and couldn't help but laugh a little. He feed Colla before she began her relentless meowing, so she was happy. He flipped on the T.V to the morning news leaving it on as he went to a different restroom to shower and do his usual routine. When he got out Sugar was making breakfast and had his plate already made on the table.

“Good morning Sugar.” He takes his chair.

“Hey there Alloy, had a goodnight rest?”

“Yes, how was your night? Was everything to your liking?”

“Mhmm it was comfortable, do you like hot chocolate? I started making some”

“Of course, thanks for this breakfast.” He says, beginning to eat. She takes the chair on the opposite side of him, taking her plate and eating as well.

“What time do we leave at?”

“I dunno, we really don't have a set time. We'll go at 11 so you can see the castle.”

“Really?? Yes!” She says, spiting some food out, “Oops sorry” She smiles and cleans the mini mess.

“You know, sometimes we're allowed to see Princess Celestia and Luna when there's less ponies visiting” He smiles.

“The...Princesses..whoa that would be amazing!”

“I've seen them both before, even spoken to Luna when I was on a mission” Alloy comments.

“Really? What happened?” She listens eagerly.

“I was sneaking around the national archives, then Celestia came in and I hid, I was afraid she'd sense me and take me out, but she left quickly. And Luna was there in the morning when I, well I feel asleep and woke up, so she asked if I was there all night, and asked for my name.”

“Did you tell her your real name?”

“Yes, I didn't want to lie to the royalty if I didn't have too, in addition to that, she may have been reading my mind for all I know”

“Wow, what were you doing in the National Archives?”

“I was researching the elements of harmony.”

“I've heard of them before, it has something to do with the main six doesn't it?”

“Yes, I didn't find much on it” He finishes eating. There is a knock on the door so he gets up to answer. At the door is Muffins in her mail uniform.

“Muffins what are you doing here?” He asks.

“BonBon sent me to see the newbie” She whispers.

“Is this part of the questioning test thing?”

“Kind of, BonBon got a little sick so she asked me to be the judge” She smiles.

“Okay, what's going to happen then? We're eating breakfast at moment.”

“Oh sorry! So we're just going to go to old E.S.S and talk about it's history, then I'll ask what her motives are, how she feels about the organization, stuff like that.”

“Seems simple enough” Alloy says.

“Oh yeah, you can't come with her during the test” Muffins says.

“Alright...what should I do meanwhile?”

“Hmm, you could go to town and see BonBon, or look at the office”

“The office! Right, how's that going?”

“Everything according to plan” She smiles.

“Nice. I'll be going soon give me a moment to finish breakfast.”

“Kk, I'll be outside” Muffins says. Alloy closes the door, Sugar is already washing her dishes.

“Who was it Alloy?” she asks.

“One of the agents, she'll be taking you out for the test thing” Alloy answers.

“Will you be coming along?”

“Can't, don't worry I'm sure you'll do great” He assures her.

“Alright” She takes a deep breathe, “When do I start?”

“Once you step out the front door. She'll be waiting for you, meanwhile I need to take care of some business in Ponyville.”

“Okay, how do I look?”

“Look? I don't think the test will have anything on looks.”

“I know I know, just seeing if I look ready”

He looks at her, “Hmm, yeah, you look ready”

“Good”, She heads towards the door, “Wish me luck! Oh and when I come back we're going to the castle.” She smiles and exits the house. Alloy looks out the window, watching them as they go off into the city. He closes the blinds and goes to his room to get a change of clothes. When he walks in he is surprised to see things reorganized, new curtains, new bed covers, and his clothes more neatly organized. He chooses his typical clothing type, a vest and tie then heads out.

Later that day he is Ponyville, he looks at the building spot, the foundations are still being laid down. Next thing was to stop by Sweetie's home to check up on her, so that's where he went. He knocks, Lyra opens the door.

“Oh it's you, BonBon isn't home she went to the doctor's for a check up” She says.

“Alright, I'll come back later.”

“Nah, you can come in she left a long while ago so she should be returning soon” She opens the door. Alloy walks in.

“Thanks” He looks around, the place looks really tidied up since his last visit, “It looks really nice in here, did you guys do a makeover?”

“BonBon did, yeah I guess it does feel more organized.” Lyra smiles.

“What is she sick from?”

“I dunno it started off as a cold yesterday, it got worst so I told her to see a doctor, so that's where she went”

“Ah alright, how long have you two known each other?”

“It's been about 7 or more years. I lost count” She chuckles a bit, “How about you two?”

“I think it's been 2 years now.”

“What's your profession?” She asks.

“I'm a business guy, I start up local and sometimes big business such as offices and things of that sort.” He says.

“Woah, a rich guy, what's your cutie mark?” She asks.

“It's a golden iron mold that is holding some sort of blue ball of matter.”

“What's it supposed to mean?”

“I've always looked at it as meaning to be creative and controlled, since I like to tinker with things and build things up. It may have some more meaning but I don't know.” He looks at his mark a bit.

“That's pretty cool, mine is a harp, I haven't really found out why I mean I don't play that instrument, I sing alright I guess. It's confusing I feel as if it's meaning is something else too” She thinks.

“It looks pretty nice, much easier to describe than mine” He laughs a bit, she smiles and chuckles a bit as well. The front door open and in comes a sick BonBon.

“Oh hey Alloy” She says sickly and coughs, “And hello Lyra”

“You don't look so well” Lyra says and goes over to her.

“Hopefully this medication the doc gave me helps” BonBon sits.

“I heard you were sick, that's why I came to visit” Alloy says.

“That's really kind of you” BonBon says.

“I'm going out to do some research BonBon” Lyra says, taking a small pack with her.

“Don't get in trouble again Lyra” BonBon warns. Lyra hugs BonBon.

“I won't” She laughs and rushes out.

“Research?” Alloy asks.

“Yeah, she thinks some weird beings or something exist and that it's all a government conspiracy” Sweetie smiles.

“Do they exist?” Alloy asks.

“Probably not, whatever they are. She keeps sneaking into restricted places which worries me” She coughs.

“I see, how'd you get sick?”

“I was doing an op around the new castle, you know the usual scouting, when I came in contact with this flower thingy that caused me to feel dizzy”

“A flower? How strange”

“I know what kind of plant it was, it's just odd that they'd be growing here. Besides that the activity the six have been doing is mostly customizing Twilight's castle, nothing special.”

“Oh, hey have you noticed it's been getting colder?”

“Yes, the pegasi are getting ready to make it snow soon.” Sweetie says.

“Already?”

“They're doing it because last one's fall didn't quite soak in or something like that.”

“I don't like the snow, it's just so...cold” Alloy chuckles.

“I assume you know I sent Muffins to test Sugar, I hope it works out.” Sweetie says.

“I'm certain it should work out, you look tired I'll be taking my leave to let you rest.” He gets up.

“Thanks for coming” She yawns, “Yeah I'm heading to bed.”

“Heh, I'll be going then, hope ya feel better.” He leaves.

Alloy heads back home, and sits in his garage starting to put together some straps over his hoof, measuring it and taking notes. His garage door is suddenly opened, Alloy backs up catiously, seeing who it is.

“Ay you old fool lock your stuff boy!” Jackson laughs. Alloy shakes his head.

“I thought it was the government come to take my stuff” They do a handshake, “How's it been?”

“Rough man, I got two jobs and got fired from both of them.”

“Dang, how'd that go down with your girl?”

“Haven't told her yet” They both laugh, “How about you Alloy? What crazy things have you been doing?”

“Missions, right now just messing with a few things here.” He opens his house door, “Come in”

They go the kitchen and sit, “Missions? What kind?”

“Traveling mostly to scout. Went to this semi-communist place with a bunch of wackos”

“I see your still alive so I'm guess'n it all went good” Jackson says.

“Yes, I got a mare from there that wants to join us.”

“Really now?”

“Yes. She's currently doing a little test thing with Muffins”

“Is she cute?” Jackson smiles.

“I mean” He thinks trying not to sound like they had something going on, “Yeah I suppose so” Alloy says.

“Heh, alright then. Hey you got any good beer around here?”

“I might, let me check” He goes to his fridge coming back with a two bottles of cider, “Yea I only have this cider, I don't really drink much”

“Hmm,” Jackson takes it and looks at it's branding, “Better n'othing”

“Now, why are you here for? I'm sure it's not just to visit your old pal.” Alloy opens his bottle and drinks.

“Been wonder'n about this thing you got runnin' with Sweetie and Muffins.”

“Wondering what?”

“Are you going to start payin' your employees?” Jackson hesitantly says and takes a drink.

“Eventually, what, you want a job with me?”

“Yeah yeah, you know. What would you have me do? Hopefully not a silly test.” He says to Alloy.

“A test for you? Nah, though I think I could use you in my new office.”

“Your...new office..” Jackson drinks more, “You have an office now??”

“Sort of, it's being built”

“You rich sucka” Jackson laughs, “Fine then what office stuff ya goin' have me do?”

“I need a manager to supervisor my construction company and to do background checks on each new employe”

“Construction? Man whatcha runnin' here?”

“I had to make it partially into a construction office to keep the place under cover, but more importantly to convince my father to fund the building of the office.”

“Oh I gotcha now, so I'll be doing all that and get my own office room right?” Jackson grins.

“Sure” Alloy leans back in his chair.

“Man you a life saver, how much am I gonna get paid?”

“I have no idea, how much do managers usually get paid?”

“Shouldn't you know?” Jackson asks.

“I have a basic idea, I think I'll start you off with 60,000...hmm well that's usually for someone with a degree, which you don't have” Alloy laughs.

“Hey man, school is for suckas, so that's a lot of cash”

“Your right, 9,000 a month should satisfy your needs.”

“That's highway robbery!” Jackson protests.

“Hey, it's just begining, besides if you do a good job I'll raise it”

“I need some money now, can I get a little down for entering?”

“Fine, but only because your my friend, I'll give you an extra thousand this month.”

“Perfect!” Jackson finishes his drink, “When do I start?”

“In about two weeks.”

“Two weeks! Man I need to assure my girl that I got myself a job, can you sign a paper or something to say that I'm employed??”

“Of course, I'll mail it to you by tomorrow.”

“I need it today, or she'll kick my ass outta the house!” Jackson pleads.

“Fine fine, let me go print it off, follow me.” They go into a small room in the house that has a desk with a printing device and a computer-like machine. He turns it on and begins to type.

“Did you want me to join in on missions as well?” Jackson asks.

“It's up to you, I'm doing good so far.” Alloy continues to type.

“Okay brutha, if you need my help, you just ask me alright?” He watches him type.

“Yep, of course after all, I'm your boss.” Alloy chuckles a bit. The document prints, “Here you go.”

“Attom's Construction Dep. What a name, is that the official name too?” Jackson puts the paper in his hoodie's pocket.

“Yeah, I came up with it just now.”

“You should change it to something like: Dope Construction. Or call it something like Hammer Bros.”

“I figured it should have my last name in it so it could satisfy my father's investment and his name.” Alloy says.

“Right, your dad's the rich one.”

“Basically”

“Well thanks man, I'ma get goin' now” Jackson heads on out.

“Oh and the address is on the back of the paper, it opens at 6am every morning, and it's out of town so when you go for your first day be on time!” Alloy calls out.

“I will see ya!” Jackson yells back.

Alloy turns off the computer and sits in his chair rolling around in it then jumps out and heads to his garage. The cat runs in and meows demanding more food.

“Not now, it's been like two hours you fat thing” He says to it. It hisses loudly and leaves. He continues to put together a piece of metal, welding it so that it fits into his hoof perfectly. The time goes by and eventually Sugar returns coming in from his still open garage.

“Hey you” Sugar says, “What're you doing there?” Alloy takes off a welding mask he has on.

“Oh just making a little something.” Alloy turns to her.

“It's a mess in here, what do you do in here?”

“I usually draw up some invention and try to make it”

“That's interesting” She looks around, “What is this?” She points.

“That's a dismantled car”

“A car?”

“Yes, they're faster than the normal pony and can carry a good load. They never caught on though, I only have this one because my father bought it thinking he'd invest into that industry”

“Ohh fancy, I do remember hearing about something like this” She recalls.

“How did it go with Muffins?”

“We talked a lot, she's a real sweetheart. Most of the time we were just talking about ourselves, then she started talking about the agency.”

“What'd you think about the agency?”

“It's really impressive I still don't know why Celestia canceled it.”

“To be honest, she just suspended it for sometime, according to Notts, you know about him right?”

“Yes, Muffins told me about him, I dunno Alloy it seems rather odd don't you think?”

“What is?”

“That the agency got suspended”

“I've given it little thought, but now that you mention it, it was really sudden. I thought if it did happen Celestia herself would come to tell us.”

“I think it is weird. Anyways, I believe I am going to be a member now!” She smiles proudly.

“Well well looks like you earned it.” He says.

“Earned what?”

“The castle visit of course!”

“Yes! Are we going now??” She asks.

“Let's do it, but first I'm going to clean off” He says and goes inside.

The rest of the day is spend venturing through the castles in Cantorlot. Sugar is deeply amazed and takes Alloy to every little thing such as painting, statues, and gardens. Afterwards they dine at one of the high-end restaurants.

“Thanks for taking me out” Sugar says to him as they eat.

“No problem, it's been a while since I've gone around the castles.” He drinks from his glass cup. A waiter serves him some more cranberry juice.

“When will we begin to do work?” She asks.

“I can't say, but what I can is that BonBon will probably be the one decide if you go do fieldwork, I have my own suggestions for you.”

“You do? Like what?” She looks at him.

“I was thinking the office work you know? I don't want you getting into trouble and arrested” Alloy says.

“Oh...I guess I can do that” She says in a saddened tone.

“Hey, don't worry you'll be helping me on missions. You see, I have these earpieces I kept from old E.S.S that allow one to be communicating with someone back at base. You'll be helping me with updates and things like that.”

“That sound's much better than what I had in mind.” She smiles and takes a drink.

After dinner they head on home where Alloy finds a note on his door.

“What is it?” Sugar asks him.

“A note from A. He's a guy that sells weapon.”

“Is it something important?”

“Must be, it says something about...Notts. It's bad news. I'll need to get in contact with BonBon as soon as I can.” He rushes inside and starts a call. Nobody picks up.

“No success?” Sugar asks, walking into the kitchen with him.

“No. I need to go find her then.”

“Can I come along?” She asks.

“Since you're part of the agency I say yes.” Alloy goes to his room and grabs his suit. They then run out the house. The time is now 10 pm.

End of Chapter 6.