• Published 21st Mar 2016
  • 539 Views, 1 Comments

E.S.S (Equestria's Secret Service) - Power Hors3



Alloy works for E.S.S, aka the Equestrian Secret Service, what happens when the main six come along and save the day? What happens if they don't? What if they turn on us? E.S.S has that covered

  • ...
4
 1
 539

E.S.S: 21 - Back in Routine

E.S.S: 21 - Back in Routine

“Yes, I found him here in the morning when I came into the office” Sweetie tells Sugar. They are both in Alloy's office, seeing as he sleeps on.

“At least he's here right…?” Sugar goes to Alloy and strokes his mane, “He sure does stink though, look at him, his clothes are torn, dirty, and...is that blood??” Sugar looks where he was shot.

“It seems he got shot, and he somehow healed from it. Look here where it's stitched up.” Sweetie says, she steps away as Alloy opens his eyes.

“Hey you two...” Alloy smiles, “Conducting experiments on my corpse already? Come on I don't look that bad”

“Alloy where have you been for so long!?” Sugar smothers him and kisses him.

“Woah, hey, I missed you too...” He kisses her back.

“Well, that's that. We have work to do when you're ready Alloy” Sweetie coughs.

“Yea, what happened to front part of the office…?” He asks, Sugar leans on him.

“We needed more space for fifteen agents, from old E.S.S, Celestia's orders.” Sweetie takes a seat.

“Wow, that was quick! What else has happened?” Alloy lays back a bit.

“Your father knows of the agency..” Sweetie says quickly. Alloy was about to say something but changes his mind.

“Ah, well it's about time, he was bound to figure it out. He's a clever guy like...me” Alloy stops and gets up, “Ahem, I'm going to shower and change. We'll catch up after that.”

“Certainly. Come on Sugar” Sweetie says. Sugar gives him one more kiss and gets out. Alloy sighs and does what he said he'd do. After his shower, he gets out and sits at his desk looking through paperwork.

“They've been busy, hmm what's this?” He looks at an empty page of blue prints, “Must be for the rest of the building, might as well start.” He says, taking out a pencil and ruler. Sugar knocks at his door, “Come in”

“Hey Alloy, hope you're not busy..” She says, taking a seat.

“Not at the moment I'm not, what's up?”

“I'm sorry I got mad at you and-”

“Not necessary Sugar, it's okay.” Alloy says and draws a line. Sugar gets up and sits on his lap.

“Are you sure, I was mean and-”

“Sugar, um, I do have to get some work done...” Alloy says, trying to draw another line. Sugar hops off.

“Oops, hehe, maybe we can go out later?” She asks. He nods.

“Yes, say Sugar are you busy right now?”

“Nope, something you need dear?”

“I need you to...hmm never mind, I'm going to Canterlot later anyways.” Alloy resumes his work. He then stops and stand up, “I need to catch on a few things with Sweetie” He leaves his office. Sugar follows him. Alloy knocks on Sweetie's door. “Sugar can you let me have a quick word with Sweetie?”

“Okay, I'll be in my office.” Sugar walks away.

“Come in” Sweetie answers from inside.

“I want to to thank you for picking up my slack..” Alloy sits in a chair.

“It wasn't too much that I couldn't handle, but I didn't expect you to be gone for so long either. I had to make a lot of choices that I would have liked to talk to you first about, like your father, old E.S.S, and the construction.”

“Forgive me for my absence, I did take longer.”

“What did you do over in the Gryphon kingdom?”

“I delivered a message to one of Notts' allies, and a side mission to assassinate Dr. Flower Pot”

“Flower Pot...The Doctor Flower Pot?”

“Yes, I got in situation when dealing with him, a gryphon killed him before I got to him...and well injuries and such, it took a while to do that all”

“Makes sense” Sweetie says as she drinks coffee.

“Last day there I ran into Pinkie Pie. Apparently they're on a mission there too”

“Really now? Hu, what do you know?” Sweetie chuckles, “Anyways something happened to us here yesterday too. Notts' sent in three armed pegasi to warn us...Alloy this is getting out of hoof.”

“I'll talk to Jackson about it. I think it's time we did damage to his plans.” Alloy stands up, “Oh and I noticed the blueprints. I'm working on it”

“Good, what do you want me to do?”

“How about you, Sugar, and Muffins go to Canterlot and get all the files to here?”

“Alloy..Muffins is no longer at the agency, she resigned”

“Probably for the best...ahem, that's all.” Alloy says.

“We have a new agent named Dotted Field, his profile is on your desk.”

“Take him with you to get the files, it'll serve as a little test sorta, at least to help you gals carry the stuff”

“On it, I'll leave with Sugar right away.” Sweetie stands and exits along with Alloy. “Sugar let's go. Canterlot.” Sweetie knocks on her door. She steps out.

“Okay! Let me get my things.” Sugar steps out getting with her purse she's putting on a hat. “Alloy, I guess you changed your mind?”

“Yea heh, it'll serve you well being out of the office” He smiles. Sugar smirks kisses him, and leaves with Sweetie.

A short time after they leave, Alloy calls Jackson, “This is Alloy.”

“You're back, how'd it go?” Jackson picks up quickly.

“Great, I need you here now. No time to waste”

“Yeah I'm on the train here already heh” Jackson says. Alloy hangs up, continuing the blue prints. He starts to hear as the construction workers work outside and goes to them.

“Hey listen here all, I have updated blueprints” He announces and walks up to a manger he had hired to show him.

“Hmm, two stories down. Do you want to make an extension to the area you have in the back?” He asks Alloy.

“Yes, don't worry about that yet, I'll have more updated schematics later. Oh and I've listed materials and such, I'd like you to order them”

“Of course sir, will do” He takes the prints and starts to shout out orders to the rest. Alloy watches a bit and begins to head on back in. Cara, seeing he was now here, runs up to Alloy.

“Mr. Alloy, you're back!” She says excitedly.

“Oh, um you missed me?” Alloy asks, a bit confused.

“Well of course! Why wouldn't I miss you??” Cara asks.

“Ah, okay. I appreciate the concern, I'll be needing to return back to work now Cara” Alloy walks a bit forwards.

“Yes, we'll talk again soon, maybe we can go somewhere after work?”

“My schedule today is busy, perhaps at a later date?” Alloy turns his head back.

“Okay, I understand.” She nods. Alloy turns back, heading right back into his office.

In about twenty minutes, there is a knock at his door, Alloy had fallen into a nap so he lifted his head off the desk, “Come in...”

“Alloy, what are you on? Passed out on the desk already? Come on it can't be that bad” Jackson comes in joking.

“Jackson, what the hell happened yesterday?”

“I was going to contact the office, but I wasn't told about the attack..” He sits. Alloy rubs his own head.

“Very well...have you heard anything?”

“Yeah, everyone at the base thinks you are dead fool. Why'd you take so long??” Jackson chuckles.

“I got into, situations”

“Yeah, no kidding!”

“What else has there been talk about?” Alloy asks.

“Nothing much, everything seems a little quiet and Notts' been going out more often with some of the higher ups. I only hear rumors from the ranks above me that they're setting explosives in the tunnels. I haven't gone to see myself since I'm being watched now. It was risky coming here today, but I was already on my way when you called me”

“Goodness, explosives...we need to go check that out.”

“Before we get to that, er, my apologies for getting all drunk the other day”

“Ice, just focus on what's going on. I know you can get out of hoof at times, but at least you've gotten some information.”

“Yeah, so uh, we going to see the tunnels now?”

“No, we need to stay at this office. There's no one taking care of it if we leave.”

“Guess so, oh and the front half is gone, you're expanding it already?”

“Yep, it came as a surprise to me, all those old agents back with us..makes me feel good” Alloy smiles a bit, “I think that's reason to celebrate” Alloy stands and goes to a small fridge in his office room, getting out a full bottle of whiskey.

“Ay, now we're talking” Jackson grins.

“Not too much, this stuff is expensive and strong. Maybe one or two shots” Alloy chuckles.

“Just one or two?” Jackson takes the bottle with his magic and looks at it, “Yeah this stuff is good!”

“Jackson, just two” Alloy warns. Jackson laughs and passes it back to Alloy. Alloy takes out the two shot glasses, pouring in some of the fine whiskey. Jackson drinks it right away.

“Mm, this is great. If I were a lesser guy, I'd take it all from ya” He grins. Alloy slowly sips from his own.

“No missions have you been given to you?” Alloy asks.

“Yeah, sorta, real petty stuff like organizing some files, or taking watch over the place. More like chores really” Jackson finishes his small cup. Alloy pours his second glass.

“Odd, and he sends me to go all the way to the Gryphon's place? I guess it benefited me for the exercise” Alloy chuckles, finishing his cup.

“Uh hu, what'd you even do, besides your 'situations'” Jackson starts his second one.

“I met a guy, he's part of a Gryphon clan of warriors turned mercenaries. He doesn't like Notts' things either, he may send us some information in the future.”

“Wow, you've made friends already over there. I should've tagged along” He burps a bit.

“That gryphon, his name is Blind Spot. He was a big help.” Alloy sits back drinking. Jackson finishes his. Alloy poofs the bottle back in the fridge. “And I gave a card to a kid there who wants to be a zoologist of some kind. I doubt he'll call but he might”

“Hu, cool, say, how was it over there?”

“The capitol was trashed, and the kingdom as a whole is divided. There is no form of government”

“Shi..really? I always expected it to be all high-end” Jackson thinks a bit. “Anything else happen?”

“Well...” Alloy starts, “No, heh at least I don't think so”

“Hmm, alright. Hey, where's my office at? It's all destroyed now!”

“I'll be downstairs” Alloy stands up and opens his office door, starting to walk.

“Alloy, where are you going?” Jackson walks to him. Alloy says nothing and starts to walk through the back lobby. He walks away from the office till he reaches the tree. “Yo Alloy, something up with you?”

“Hm? No..” Alloy puts his right front hoof on the tree and sighs. Jackson gives him a worried look.

“I'll give you some space if you need some. I'll be in the back lobby area” Jackson heads on back in. Alloy sits under the tree, he rubs his head. Small memories kept flashing through his head, all this talk about his little adventure kept making them start back up. He closed his eyes and feel asleep once more, under the tree.

He was awakened by Cara a few hours later. “Sir. Mr Alloy, are you alright?”

“Yes..” Alloy stands up and yawns, “How long was I out for?”

“I don't know, it's my break right now, I just now saw you here under the tree”

“It's noon then?” Alloy asks.

“Just a little past that Alloy, sir” Cara smiles. Alloy looks around, the day was hot like yesterday.

“I'm going to see what you've all gotten done so far” Alloy goes to the building and sees that the ground has been so far squared down two stories. “Blueprints..” Alloy leaves Cara, going back into his office. He passes Jackson without saying a word and closes his office door, locking it. He starts to quickly draw up updated blue prints, ones that lead under his office.

In Canterlot, the three appointed agents were loading up files upon files of secret material into a large moving carriage.

“Just the files Alloy said?” Sugar asks Sweetie.

“Yes, but there are some vests and other supplies that might prove useful. We're going to pack those in as well” Sweetie states. Dotted drags a large box of ammunition into the truck.

“This is a pretty big office, why move from it?” He asks.

“We're too close to the enemies' place.” Sweetie replies, moving more boxes on board.

“Yes, but wouldn't it be good to have a E.S.S agency place in the capitol?” He presses his reasoning.

“There are, safe houses. I haven't gone to them in a long time. Ah yes, and there's a designated place in the main Castle itself for us. I've placed a few agents there already.” Sweetie says.

“Good idea, I'll get back to moving stuff now” Dotted smiles and continues.

“When's the demolishing of this building taking place?” Sugar now asks.

“It's over due, which is good because of all this stuff. I don't know honestly” Sweetie grabs the last of the folders into a large box. Mr. Atomms walks by on the sidewalk and sees them working, he decides to come up to talk.

“Hello agents” Mr. Atomms greets with a warm smile. Sugar races up to him.

“Hi Mr. Atomms I have good news for you!” Sugar says.

Mr. Atomms grins, “Ah, at last. Is my boy home?”

“Yes! He's back in Ponyville.”

“Perfect, I'll have to give him a visit, unless you can tell him to visit me?”

“I'll tell him for you Sir” Sugar smiles.

“I appreciate it, I'll be on my way now, I don't want to interrupt an important mission” He chuckles and goes on his way.

“Hmm, what does Alloy's father do exactly?” Sugar asks Sweetie.

“He manages many stocks in the Equestrian market. He also patrons business occasionally and makes money off of them.” Sweetie walks into the office. “Dotted? Where'd you go?”

“Over here ma'am!” Dotted says from inside the auditorium. Sweetie and Sugar both go there and see as Dotted flies down to the podium, “There are a few papers in here too, do we grab them?”

“Yes. Hmm, that's a good idea. Everyone split up and check for any stray papers. We need everything out of here” Sweetie orders. Everyone dashes away in search.

After thirty minutes, they regroup at the entrance, each with a small stack of papers, “Everyone make sure we got everything?” Sweetie asks them. They all nod in fatigue. The heat was getting to them there too, since the building's power was shut off, it left no form of air condition for the group. “Good, let's leave.” They walk outside to the carriage to see that two stallions had hitched themselves to the front and start to move.

“Hey stop right there!” Sugar yells out. Dotted flies ahead of the two stallions, standing in front of them. They push him aside and run in fill gallop.

“After them!” Sweetie runs. The three dash, following the runaway cart.

“I can catch up to them quickly!” Dotted says from above, flying to the top of the cart. To his horror, one of the stallions pulls out a small fire arm, shooting it in his direction. The bullet skins past one of his wings, he closes his eyes in pain and ducks on the roof. Sugar teleports a box of goods on the road ahead of the runners causing them to skew and collide into a food stand. Dotted jumps off the roof onto the downed goons and starts to punch them, Sugar takes away the weapons. Sweetie grabs one of the guys and cuffs him to the food stand's bars.

“Dotted that's enough! Stand down! Bring him here so I can cuff him!” Sweetie orders. Dotted stops instantly and picks the male up, giving him over to Sweetie. Sweetie cuffs him.

“Good work.” She tells the two agents and turns to the confused stand seller. She smiles and says, “Ahem, do you mind calling the police?”

“O-oh of course!” The mare behind the stand says, she goes quickly over to a phone booth and calls.

“Who are these two?” Sugar whispers to Sweetie.

“Likely Notts' hired goons...Keep an eye on them.” Sweetie walks to the mare who's on the phone. She flashes a light and comes back over to the other agents.

“What was that you did?” Sugar asks, having seen the flash.

“Just a photograph.” Sweetie smiles a bit and walks to one of the goons, “Notts right?”

“I'm not saying anything..” He says.

“How much did he pay? Is it really worth your silence, over a possible larger sentence in prison?” Sweetie asks. The goon looks nervous now and sighs,

“650 bits..each.” He says. The other one nods.

“I'll have further questions for you two at the police station.” Sweetie backs away from them as a police carriage pulls up. The goons are put in the back with lock and bars, an officer converses with Sweetie a bit they both chuckle. Soon they leave.

“Who's going to do the questioning?” Dotted asks Sweetie.

“I don't focus my talents on interrogation, that can be left for Alloy or another agent. Don't worry about it, they seemed to crack under what I said hehe” Sweetie replies. She pushes the their carriage back onto the road. She hitches herself to it. The others do the same so that the three of them are pulling the load.

Upon arriving at the train station, the employes help load the files onto the train as Sweetie over-watches. In a matter of minutes they all board the train, straight to Ponyville. Sweetie sits near the back to make sure no one went to the back of the train where the files were. Dotted and Sugar shared a spot near the middle of the same train cabin.

“That was fun, I never see much action in the royal guard corp!” Dotted says in a low and excited voice.

“I prefer not getting into danger myself hehe..” Sugar looks out the window.

“I understand, because it's well uh, dangerous like you said. I'm going to guess that you're not one of the usual field agents?” He asks her. Sugar turns to him.

“I've been getting into random field situations it seems” She chuckles, “But yeah, I prefer being in the office. Plus the kitchen is close by so I can bake things on my spare time”

“Oh yeah you like to bake? And I like to eat! You'll have to make something once we arrive back at the office” Dotted smiles.

“I made some donuts this morning, they're probably all gone by now since the construction crew is sorta using our back lobby as a break room as the construction under goes. Don't worry, I can always make more” She smiles a bit herself.

“Beating up bad guys and eating tasty treats? I can get used to this” Dotted chuckles. Sugar giggles a bit.

Arriving at Ponyville, there was a carriage waiting for them to put their things, the train's staff helped out as they did in Canterlot. Sweetie hitches the saddles onto Sugar and Dotted. “Once we're back at the office, we'll have to place these all in our offices.” She states as she hooks herself up. They both nod and start to pull the cart.

In about twenty or so minutes, they reach the office. The construction crew was done for the day having laid a new bottom foundation for the ground floors.

“The sure work fast” Sugar comments, approaching a little make-shift bridge from the point of the pit and their offices. Carefully they back up into the back office lobby. Alloy and Jackson come out of his office and help them fully back up.

“Good work all of you, this is more than I expected. I should've come along to help” Alloy says. He starts to grab file boxes. Jackson does the same. “I'll have most of them in m office for now”

“Alloy, before you start I need to talk to you about something” Sweetie says.

“Do it as we move the files.” Alloy says as he levitates more boxes, carrying them towards his office.

“Yes, multitasking.” Sweetie grabs a few boxes and goes next to him, “Some hired goons from Notts nearly stole all these files.”

“You're certain they're from Notts?” Alloy asks, placing the boxes in a corner.

“I don't know who else it could be.” She says.

“Did they directly say they were with Notts?”

“Not directly, but I asked how much he paid them, they responded that it was 650 bits.”

“They could be misleading you” Alloy takes more boxes, Sugar passes them with three boxes levitating above her.

“I wanted to cross check with you, the goons are at a Canterlot jail cell awaiting interrogation.”

“Aw, you shouldn't have” Alloy chuckles, “I'll go with Jackson tonight to see what I can get. Finish unloading here”

“Certainly Alloy.” Sweetie says and whispers, “Also Dotted field handled the goons pretty good. I think we can start counting him in. Perhaps we can have one of the other agents take him under their wings to train?”

“If you think he's good, then I'll agree with you, you have a good eye for the recruits.” Alloy smiles, “I want him to stay here for now, I'll contact one of our agents to come down to Ponyville and help him tomorrow.”

“Got it, glad you're back to oversee everything. Who knows heh, you'd make a great Director of E.S.S”

“You're too charming Sweetie, thanks. Perhaps I'll step up to it, but things are handling okay so far.” Alloy smiles a bit and goes over to Jackson.

“Let's go to Canterlot, we have some interrogating to do” He tells Jackson

“Oh goodie! Let's head on now” Jackson grins, he puts a box down. They start to leave but not before Sugar rushes up to Alloy, nearly knocking him down.

“Don't forget to saw good bye sweetheart!” Sugar kisses Alloy, “Oh and weren't we going out later today? Oh yeah and your father said to talk to him when you can!”

“It may need to wait for another day. Don't worry. As for father, I'll do that when I'm over there” Alloy nuzzles her. Jackson rolls his eyes and pulls Alloy away with his magic, “Bye Sugar!”

“Bye Alloy!” Sugar waves. Jackson stops pulling him and laughs.

“All that lovey wuvey stuff is making me sick. Ha get a room already!” Jackson says as they trot towards the train station.

“You're just jealous.” Alloy smirks. Jackson laugh some more.

“Just uh, keep it out of work” He replies.

“Hey, I'm the highest rank around here, I do as I please!” Alloy sticks out his tongue.

“Pft, okay man” Jackson chuckles. “You know, I've been wondering, where are all those construction ponies suppose' to be centralized now?”

“Good question, um I suppose my father can take care of that. I should talk to him about it” Alloy takes a mental note.

After a quick train ride, they arrive in Canterlot, heading to the primary police station around the area of the old E.S.S building.

“Yes something the matter?” A police mare asks from the from windowed counter.

“E.S.S. we're here to talk to the two stallions that tried to hijack a carriage earlier today” Alloy says, presenting his badge.

“I'm surprised you didn't take them yourselves.” She smiles, she was familiar with E.S.S.

“I know Miss Cheir, heh it's just the office is undergoing some major structural changes” Alloy puts away his badge.

“Alright Alloy, Jackson. You both know the drill, don't make a mess.” Cheir presses a button, allowing them access to the back where the cells are. They walk through a hall, some police are stationed around the perimeter. The ponies in the cell seem like low-crime offenders. Equestria was a pretty safe and happy place, not too many resorted to criminal activities. They reach a cell separated from the rest, designated for E.S.S prisoners.

“That's them, hmm, they don't look like much” Jackson comments. A police opens the cell door and locks it once the two are in. Alloy and Jackson take a seat.

“You two are the interrogators?” One says.

“Yes. Tell, first question, who paid you 650 bits each to do this job?” Alloy asks calmly, he takes out a little note book from his pocket.

“Some fellow that came up to us earlier today. He saw the ponies packing up things into a carriage and offered to pay us. So we agreed.” The other says.

“Describe this guy” Alloy says.

“Look..Mr's we don't want to get into any trouble we just..messed up” The first stallion says, his voice shaky. Jackson lifts an eyebrow and chuckles.

“There will be no trouble if you tell my friend here what he asked” Jackson frowns.

“Okay..okay, he was wearing a coat, kinda seemed like he was uncomfortable in it. He sounded like he had a raspy voice, but I could tell he was a bit of a younger guy.” He says quickly. Alloy writes it down.

“What was his fur color?” Alloy asks in his neutral tone.

“He was well covered up, but I saw that he was like a light gray.” He says.

“My old fur color...okay got it.” Alloy writes that down and gets up. Jackson looks at Alloy a bit confused

“Is that all Sir, will we be free to go now?” The other one asks.

“Did he give you any weapons?” Alloy asks. He is facing the wall.

“Yes, these pipe things, he showed us how to use them real quick but I didn't really use it well. I pulled the trigger and missed at that one guy who started to beat me up..” The first guy answers, he has a few bandages on his face.

“Thanks. That's all gentlecolts. Ice, let's roll.” Alloy says. Jackson stands up and follows Alloy out as the guard opens and re-locks the cell door.

“That was easy, these guys are wimpy” Jackson chuckles softly.

“They're good ponies, just caught up in something in way over their head. Still, it is a federal level charge to steal from our organization. I'll minimize it to petty theft” Alloy says to Ice.

“Sounds a little soft, but you're the one in charge.” Jackson comments, “What will we do now?”

“I want you to go to Notts' HQ and seek for a stallion like the one they described.”

“Then what?”

“It's just to confirm somethings, and announce that I'm back, the mission was a success. If it's possible, find out about more on the explosives.” Alloy says. They exit the building, Cheir waves bye.

“Alright, I'll go. Where will you be headed?” Jackson asks.

“To see my father. Be careful” Alloy starts to leave. Jackson nods and heads in his separate direction.

End of Chapter 21.

Author's Note:

Been a while hehe