• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 1,319 Views, 13 Comments

Sgt. Equine - hazelstiltskin



The A.R.M.P.I.T. Platoon has found themselves warped to Equestria after an accident.

  • ...
0
 13
 1,319

Chapter 3- A Problem

The Sergeant didn't have to wait long before Twilight Sparkle galloped back into the library of her house. With an innocent smile, she trot to a low table sitting in the middle of the room. Settling herself on a small pillow placed below, she announced brightly, "So, Keroro, I have a few maps here for you to look at so we can see if we can locate this, this... Uhmm, where did you say you were from?"

Keroro trot forward to the other pillow, plopping himself bluntly onto the soft item. He didn't bother to wait for an invitation to seat himself there, but out of forget opposed to ignorance. "Pekopon! The portal back to Pekopon."

She gave a nod after he finished and corrected herself, "This Pekopon of yours." She turned to glance back at the door she'd come from earlier. "Now, here are those few maps I mentioned." Her horn sparked to life, and a blur of brown was swept into the room.

The table was covered instantly as she dropped a huge heap of scrolls and paper atop it. Keroro leaned forward to give it a disgusted nudge with a hoof. "This seems like something H.Q. would send," He remarked, but before he could unfurl one of the tightly bound bundles Twilight spoke up once more, "You mentioned a portal... Here in Equestria, we don't have portals." She spoke in an apologetic tone, but Keroro gave it no heed. "We have much other magic, such as teleporting and other similar concepts. But just no portals. Did you teleport here?"

Keroro let out a gasp as she'd spoken.

"No portals; how primitive! At least you have simple things such as teleportation and this levitation of yours, which makes you smarter than Pekoponians. Though magic is nothing in the face of Keron technology, kero kero kero!" He chuckled lowly to himself before picking up his voice and adding, "No, no, I'm quite certain the Sergeant Major used a portal... It's very efficient compared to teleporting!"

Twilight Sparkle let out a sigh, either hiding the fact she knew (or at least thought) she was correct and didn't want to cause a dispute, or just giving up on what instantly proved a hopeless case.

"If you say so," She stated evenly. "We'd best just start searching."

He prodded the mound of maps and paper before him in confusion as she deftly opened a scroll and set to work observing it. "What do we look for in these maps?" He followed her lead and parted a scroll to reveal it's contents.

He heartily wished he could cross his legs in this body as he did so. He also wished he had fingers to better take off the cloth that bound the maps closed. And most of all, he wished he wasn't doing any of this work.

"These are maps of the land," She replied while setting down the scroll. "Maybe somewhere has a landmark of some sort you recognize, so you can get back to where you came from. Or anything labeled 'Pekopon', though again I say this, I've never heard of such a place in Equestria!" Twilight slightly tilted her head.

"I told you, I'm from a different planet. The planet is Pekopon, it's not a place anywhere around here. Really!" He gave an angry stomp of a hoof, though he was quite unsure of if he'd mentioned the planet at all. "I used to be a Keronian, not a pony. I find Keronians are quite better." He added to himself in a mutter.

Twilight set down the next map she'd been analyzing, and looked up at him quizzically. "So you... Transformed into a pony?"

"Yes! I'd thought I made that clear." Keroro indignantly remarked, brow furrowed. "My Platoon has gone missing, and probably turned into these too... And if not, hopefully they've turned into Gundam... Oh, but wait, I don't have fingers..." He looked down at his stubby hooves. "Well, I'm sure I'll find a way!"

The purple pony rose a hoof of her own to her mouth, ignoring his words as she lost herself in her own. Her eyes dropped low as she pondered heavily. Pondering was a very weak subject for Keroro, so he just listened as some of her thoughts slipped into the open. "And there are others too... Who came by a portal..."

The Sergeant grew weary of listening to her. He gave a lazy nudge to a map, not able to be bothered with doing any further research or work of the sorts.

"Well..." She had a blank expression for a moment, though she shook it away quickly. "I-If I'm correct, we may have a problem." She flicked up her gaze and scanned her bookshelves, illuminating a thick book and bringing it down to eye level. The pony flipped through some pages, reading words softly to herself. Keroro strained to pick up her one-way conversation once more.

"Dimension fabrics... Teleporting large amounts of mass between worlds..." She finished almost as soon as she began reading it, and placed the book back where it belonged before swiftly proceeding to pluck another. Once it lay on the table, she flipped open to another set of pages and began skimming it at speeds Keroro didn't know possible. She froze on a page, and began paraphrasing aloud.

"Alteration of time and space... That is known to cause if left alone for too long..." She she kept reading, she gave quite the expression. "That, that can cause to the Planet..."

Keroro leaned forward. "What to the Planet? Cause easy invasion? Or gives unlimited Horse Power?"

Twilight Sparkle gave a nervous shake of her head, replacing the book onto the shelf. She flashed him a weird look to his odd comments, letting out a sigh.

"It can cause... Planetary destruction."

Keroro blinked. "As in Pekopon being destroyed?" That didn't seem too bad. Maybe he could say it was destroyed during invasion, and turn that in to HeadQuarters. He wouldn't be there when it happened, after all, so no loss on his end! (Of course, he'd once again forgotten the Hinatas disappearing and the Gundam destruction that would occur.)

"Yes, or even Equestria! We can't let that happen!" Twilight Sparkle quickly lifted her many maps with a spell of some sort and slipped back into the room, reappearing a heartbeat later. She returned to her seat, but didn't sit down.

"We can't?" Keroro tilted his head, but found himself ignored as she stared expectantly at him.

"Of course not! There are too many innocent ponies to be destroyed because of you. N-Not to say you aren't welcome here, but it's sort of a life-and-death situation," Twilight shuffled from hoof to hoof. "We can avoid any disaster if we hurry to return you all to your world quickly, before it's too late. So, how many were there again, Keroro?"

Keroro stood up, stretching out each limb slowly as if he didn't have a care in the world, contrasting heavily with the now frantic movements of Twilight.

"There were four others," He yawned. "Hey, do you have any manga?"

She continued without heed to his comment, "Well, we have four ponies to hunt down and return to this Pekopon of yours. As fast as possible. Come along, Keroro," Twilight opened the door, "We can get some of my friends to help us find them!"

"My Platoon is probably hopeless without me," He reflected, following her out of the library that doubled as her house. This was a sad thing on his end, as the former-Keronian was ever-so-elegant in his interior design skills and knew there was so much more that could be done here. But Twilight was persistent with the current task at hand, it seemed, as she ushered him out when he was lax in his exit.

She called out, "We're leaving, Spike!" and proceeded to shut the door after Keroro was clear of it.

"Now, come on, Keroro! We need to get some help," She flashed a glance left and right, before perking up with a sudden beam. "The Sugarcube Parlor is the closest to us; maybe Pinkie Pie is nearby!"

Before Keroro could figure out that the Sugarcube Parlor was a place and Pinkie Pie was a name, Twilight was already galloping away. He cantered after her slowly, calling out,

"What? Going already? Can't we rest for a bit, maybe eat or surf the internet?"

Twilight lurched to a halt, turning back as he leisurely caught up. "No! This is urgent! ...And what is the internet?"

At those five simple words, Keroro froze. Something shattered inside of him. He could hear his Gundam crying in agony, despite their current distance. "T-There's no internet here?" He gasped.

"No, and again, what is that?" She asked in return. She cast a wary glance at the direction she'd been going and turned, pressing ahead. Keroro tailed her closely, replying with his own statement.

"This is awful! We need to return to Pekopon immediately! There's no internet here!"

Twilight Sparkle gave a toss of her head in annoyance and continued on to the Sugarcube Parlor. Keroro followed closely, fueled by the loss of something so dear to him.

Comments ( 6 )

824084 I told you I'd do it :3 :derpytongue2: It just took awhile x'D
Squeee lD

Oh lawd no internet? WHY??? :applecry:

Hate to nitpick, but its marshmallow. Not marsh mellow.

Also,

WE NEED MOAR!!!

:twilightblush:

Login or register to comment