• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 361 Views, 0 Comments

Janice Adjusts to Ponyville - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Janice Dazzle tries to adjust to life in Ponyville.

  • ...
 0
 361

Epilogue: The Game Has Scarcely Begun

The cheers died down, and Janice sighed. “Well, that was certainly an experience. Let’s just hope that we don’t come across a wendigo again…”

One of the townsponies that had given her the evil eye earlier that day came towards her, head hung low. “Sorry that I was so hostile towards you. I hope that you can forgive my rudeness.”

Janice batted a claw through the air. “No harm done. I’m not one to hold grudges anyway.”

Melia raised an eyebrow as the pony that approached walked off. “Are you sure that you should just let him go like that?”

Janice nodded. “It’ll be fine, Melia. I think that the ponies here are finally starting to really accept me- plus, if every week has at least one day as hectic as this…” She grinned. “I think that I’ll fit in just fine.”

She was then approached by the construction ponies that had been working on her house. One of them addressed her. “Miss Dazzle, your new home here in Ponyville will be finished by tonight. Would you like to take a look at it?”

Surprise lit upon her face, and Concerta placed a hoof on her shoulder. “Hey, ponies work fast here in Ponyville. Let’s go and check it out together!”

Janice gave a nod, a grin on her face. “Sure. Let’s go.”

The girls followed the construction pony for a while until they reached the plot of land that Janice’s house had been planned for. The house wasn’t much for aesthetics at this point, the outside just starting to be layered with white beams of wood. The door was finished being put in, but another construction pony came up to meet them. “Can’t let you see the inside just yet Miss Dazzle. It’s still being tiled and floored right now.”

She gave a nod. “Oh, that’s alright.” She took it all in. “So this my place… my own house…”

It was then that the lad from behind the counter came up towards her. “It’s a beauty, isn’t it?”

Startled, Janice turned to see who it was. She took a breath as she clutched her chest. “Don’t do that! I almost-!” She shook her head and pushed the thought away. “Nevermind.” She looked back to the house. “It does look pretty good so far, though. I can hardly wait to see it finished…”

He gave a chuckle. “It’s always nice to see a satisfied customer.” He gave a small sigh. “Boss was wrong about you. I saw what you did with the wendigo situation and… Is till think that you’re pretty great.”

Janice blushed, and rubbed an open palm on the other arm. “Oh, it wasn’t just me. My friends and I work together to solve problems. It’s sort of our thing now.”

He gave an appreciative look at her. No other pony he knew of was quite the way she was. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to ignore his Boss’ advice just once more? First things first, though. “That’s pretty cool. Say, I never told you my name.” He extended his right forehoof. “Clear Record, at your service.”

His name certainly matched his Cutie Mark, which she only now could see. It was a pad of paper with a quill. She extended her right claw, and grasped his hoof. “Nice to meet you, Clear Record. I hope this will be the start of a beautiful friendship!”

Clear gave a slight chuckle. “Same.” They let go, and Clear walked off to help with guiding the construction.

The girls went on their way, and Roseluck had a wide grin on her face as she went astride Janice. “Sooooo…? You gonna ask him out?”

Janice blushed furiously. “D-don’t be ridiculous! I hardly know him.” She shook the red away. “Honestly, you’re almost as bad as Maestro. He would gibe me quite a bit about my first boyfriend.” She gave a sigh. “At the time, I broke it off to make Maestro stop, but… I never thought that the feelings would mellow out. Starstrike was understanding, though. We’re good friends now.”

At that admission, Cloudkicker quirked an eyebrow. “Woah, I wasn’t aware that you had already started dating… Most of the rest of us are a bit too busy for that…”

Concerta sighed deeply. “Well hopefully you’ve got better luck than I do. I’ve dated a few myself, but none have really clicked for me just yet…”

The conversation was diverted when they saw Mayor Scrolls coming towards them, much to Janice’s relief. She went up to her. “Mayor Scrolls! Was there something that you wished to talk about?”

Mayor Scrolls gave a chuckle. “I suppose so, yes.” She then bowed her head slightly. "Janice, if there is anything more that we can do to thank you for what you and your friends have done for Ponyville... just let me know."

At that, Janice blinked. She turned to look to her friends that were here with her. She stepped aside to talk it over with them. “Well? Do we have anything like that as of now?”

Zecora shook her head. “Not at the moment, no. If something should arise, I’ll let you know.”

Melia’s wings twitched. “Um, I can think of something. Make better anti-prejudice laws. I mean sure the ponies here are starting to warm to Janice and myself, but… not all of them will. Not all of them are as vocal as Ardent, you know.”

Mayor Scrolls had been listening in, and she gave a nod. “Consider it done. I’ll push for that bill myself.” She deflated slightly, however. “Ooh boy. Going directly against the Baron’s wishes like this…” She shook her head. “Well, it doesn’t matter. He can moan about it all he wants. He can’t influence the law, seeing as he can’t run for mayor of the town. He only lives here.”

Janice looked a bit concerned, though. “What if he gets you fired?”

A smile came upon Mayor Scrolls’ face. “He can’t do that. The ponies of this town like me too much. He’d have a riot on his hooves, and run out of town.”

The conversation then shifted to idle chatter...


Cold Heart chuckled as he turned his attention away from the Gazing Orb. “Oh, celebrate for now…” He looked at Ardent, suspended in swirling magic. He grinned. “I’ve a new pawn that’ll give you chills.” He turned back to the Gazing Orb once more, this time looking in at Maestro. He scoffed. “You think that you have it all figured out? Not even close. After all, The Game has scarcely begun…”

Continued In: (Story Unknown)

Author's Note:

I was planning another chapter, but... this seemed like a good point to cap it off. I don't know what comes next, but... I'll see you then.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment