• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 1,706 Views, 31 Comments

Everything Went Numb - lolcatsmanseven



Mark Mentz got jumped by a hood. Now, he's in Equestria, but there's a catch

  • ...
11
 31
 1,706

How did it come to this?

What... What is that? After drawing the attention of what I thought to be my host-or my prince charming-a small yellow horse walked in! I numbly stared at it, the burning in my throat forgotten. The horse seemed to have no such reservations. It walked right up to me, then slowly made eye contact. I was shocked, again, by what happened next.

"Oh, you poor, poor baby. You had a big owie on your throat, but don't worry, Doctor Fluttershy is here to make you all better." She said with a small smile (I could tell she was a she based on her voice).

Oh, hey... funny thing, I could sweat that little horse just talked to me. Wait, what? A freakin tiny horse just walked up and spoke to me! How is that even possible?! Whoa, whoa, slow down hotshot. So what if a horse talked to me? No big deal. No big deal. No big deal. I mean, I died already, or did I? Wait, no! Don't think about that again! Just think about the nice little horse in front of you that TALKED!! Wait no, it's probably just the blood loss talking. I mean, how could a horse talk to me? Don't you need a tongue to talk? Do horses even have tongues? My half manic thought process was interrupted by the horse nudging at my arm.

"Ummm... How are you feeling?" the talking horse asked as she leaned down with a concerned expression.

She wants to know how I'm feeling. How thoughtful. Well let's see, I might be hallucinating from blood loss from getting my throat slit, and I'm extremely dehydrated. So,yeah, all in all I guess I'm doing just peachy! I opened my mouth to say my sarcastic remarks, but the most I could manage was what sounded like a low growl.

My llittle vocalization made her demeanor shift instantly. "Oh no! Are you okay? Are you hungry? Or are you thirsty? Or maybe you're tired?" She began to ask me questions at a rapid fire pace, before suddenly straightening up. "I know just what you need! Wait right here!" She proclaimed before galloping off.

Slightly confused by her rapid fire questioning, I thought over my current situation. I'm helpless, and trapped in a cottage with a talking horse! Maybe I can escape? Wait, how can I outrun her? I can barely move. As I considered the best way to make my totally not cowardly exit, she came back into the room carrying a miniature platter carrying a small bowl of water and fresh several carrots.

Nervously, I tried to back up along the ground, but inexorably she drew closer. She set down the platter next to me and said, "Alright little baby! I know you're hungry, so Doctor Fluttershy brought you food." She then leaned her head down onto the platter and grabbed a small paring knife in her mouth. As she raised her head I saw the glint of the steel and remembered the last time I had seen someone carrying a knife. Suddenly I was back in that dark alley where that hood killed me. What's she doing?

"No!" I attempted to say as my terror grew, but as usual all that came out was a weak moan.

"Oh dear, you must be really hungry!" My self appointed doctor said after she finished cutting up the carrot. She somehow picked up little pieces of my meal with her hoof and held them in front of my face. "Here comes the choo-choo. You better open wide for it."

I can't believe this! She thinks she's going to feed me! If someone's gonna feeds me, it'll be my special someone! I'll just wait until I'm strong enough to do it myself! I would literally rather starve. Confident in my decision, I clamped my mouth shut and turned my head to the side defiantly.

The self-titled "Doctor Fluttershy" was not pleased at all with my choice to ignore her offering of food. "Oh please! Just one bite? Please just try one teensy little bite. It'll make you feel better."

Ha! I said I wouldn't eat any and I won't! Well, I didn't say it out loud, but same difference. I turned my head a little more, so I was could only see her out of the corner of my eye, and even then just barely.

"Please? Just a little bite? Oh, why won't you? Is it something I did?" At this, she began to sniffle slightly, as if she genuinely believed it was her fault that I wasn't eating.

I turned my head slightly again, so I could comfortably look at her without straining my eyes. I saw her shoulders start to slump, and her lower lip start to quiver. I saw the beginnings of tears form in the corners of her eyes, and I saw her reassuring smile run away from her face. The corners of my mouth pulled themselves up in a small smile, and I attempted to chuckle. Wow, she really thinks I'm stupid enough to fall for that? Yeah, butter luck next time, honey. However, after seeing that her demeanor was actually getting steadily more pitiable, I realized my error. Oh no! Please don't cry! I'm sorry! Here, I'll eat the carrots! Just, please don't cry! Of course, when I tried to convey that sentiment to her it came out as a gurgle. Sighing, I fully turned to her and opened my mouth.

She instantly brightened, and her reassuring smile returned as if she had never been the one to require reassurance. She began to feed me small bites of carrot, which I ate quickly to get the experience over as soon as possible.

"Oh thank you! See, don't you feel better with a little food in you?" Doctor Fluttershy asked after feeding me two carrots. "Here, have some water." At that, she poured some water into my mouth. I greedily drank it, even though it made my throat ache worse for as long as the liquid was in contact with it.

"Alright, now that that is out of the way, what are you little guy?" She asked while looking me over, from my too-long toenails to my matted hair spilling over my face.

Comments ( 15 )

2377818 She knows he's sentient alright. As for being sapient, well, that's a different story :ajsmug:

2377818
I update whenever I feel like it. Which is less and less the less reviews I get. I wonder if I'm wasting my time, and I feel sad. (Oops, realized the sadness was because I forgot my Prozac this morning, not due to lack of reviews)

2382824 So... Shit happens whenever you feel like it? Cause that's what it seems like... Anyways, here's my review... THIS IS A SACK-O-CRAP AND YOU SHOULD GO KILL YOURSELF FOR BEING A SACK-O-CRAP!

(P.S. Not really, I just like to fuck with people. It worked didn't it?)

2395776
you are why i haven't updated

2504808 You can't make me apologize.

2504809
Ooh, you're such a badass, and definitely not a complete piece of shit. Look, why don't you go take your thumbs and jam them so far up your ass you can taste your nail polish. Ah who am I kidding, you were probably already going to do that, fag. Seriously, you're such a piece of shit that cats bury you in their litter box. Whenever you leave a room, people high five. You have the amazing power to act like an autistic sack of crap, but probably not be autistic. See, normally I'd think you're funny, but you made the mistake of going full retard, and you should never go full retard. You are so damn stupid that you make Patch Adams look like a masterpiece.You are such a waste of space that your life would be more fulfilling if you played World of Warcraft. But, on a more positive note, I'm genuinely impressed that a yeast infection can learn how to post comments.

Fuck you.

2504847 Well then, aren't you just a bundle of sunshine.

2504856
Yeah, I'm not the asshole randomly shitting on other people. So what, do you just go around randomly trolling on stories? Cause, and I'm leveling here, that's sort of funny on one hand, but sort of sad on the other. It makes me sad to think of someone who literally has so little going on for them that they would rather have the hate of a bunch of strangers, because at least then someone is paying attention to you. Seriously, start a new profile. I’m sure you can find some friends. Then you can get positive attention, which, trust me, is so much better than negative. You can do it.

2504882 Hey, man calm the hell down. I was joking. I genuinely like your story, but with the way this is going... I don't know man. Take a few deep breaths.

(Also, if you're going to call someone gay as an insult, you need better material)

P.S. I do have friends. About four of them. Happy?

I like this story. This sort of thing has always interested me. I would love it if you updated soon :)

5529752
While I had hoped to ignore this story forever, if you really want me to I can do my best to continue.

5532527 that would be great. If you need any help with it, I'll be glad to help

5532527 if you decide you don't want to finish it though maybe you could transfer it over to me. I really like it, and would be glad to work on it

Login or register to comment