• Published 19th Dec 2015
  • 1,867 Views, 22 Comments

Edge of the Ponyverse - TopWanted



When not only Equestria but every Equestria is threatened, six heroes will be chosen. Six heroes will fight. Six heroes will defeat the darkness and restore order.

  • ...
1
 22
 1,867

The Girl Who Lived

“Out of the way, Shimmer!” Sunset Shimmer grunted as her rival, Adagio Dazzle from Siren house, pushed past her and knocked her to the floor. Sunset dropped all her books and watched in horror as they began to fall down the long winding stair case. “Nice,” Adagio smirked as she left.

Sunset growled in frustration. This was life in Hoofwarts Academy. It was a school for young magic users to come and learn their art while in a safe space. Sunset had been here close to a year now and she didn’t feel entirely safe. With students from Siren house who could, she thought. She trudged back down the stairs to grab her books, quite sure that once again she was going to be late. As she bent down to pick up her final textbook from the base of the stairs she stood up to see Flash Sentry standing in front of her. “Oh my god!” she spouted in surprise. She accidentally tossed her books in the air once more. Flash moved with the speed of his namesake and grabbed them out of the air.

“Woah,” he chuckled. “Don’t want you being late again thanks to some clumsiness.” Sunset began to blush profusely behind her large glasses. She took her books back and tried to hide her face behind her hair.

“Um, yeah, thank you,” she muttered. Flash gave her a grin and walked up the stairs. Sunset stayed back a bit to watch him walk away. She gave a small sigh then shook her head. “Why am I so stupid!?” she argued to herself. Why does everything just have to be so hard?” She took another deep breath and climbed the stairs once more.

Though she was just a freshman at Hoofwarts, Sunset had kind of made a name for herself. Not for anything she had done in particular but because of what she had lived through. Most of the students here knew her as the girl who survived a confrontation with one of the darkest and most evil wizards on the planet, Lord Tirek. When she was only a child the dark lord came to her home and killed her parents, however he was not able to kill her. Sunset rubbed the small sun shaped scar on her forehead as she remembered the past. She was too young to remember her parents but thinking of them still brought her pain.

She finally made it to the top of the stairs and hesitantly opened the door to Potions 101, her least favorite class. She immediately saw Adagio Dazzle smirk at her from her seat before the teacher took notice of her entering. “Ms. Shimmer,” Professor Cinch hissed. “So glad our little celebrity could deem it worthy to join us.”

“Sorry professor,” she replied weakly as she sat at her chair. Professor Cinch walked forward and glared down at her, Sunset trying to not make eye contact.

“Perhaps you were studying and simply lost track of time,” Cinch smirked. “In that case maybe you can be the one to tell me why Manticore hair doesn’t mix with griffin extract.”

“Griffins and manticores share the same ancestry from lions,” Sunset immediately replied. “However due to this commonality the effect of both can be neutralized when used together in a standard potion.”

Cinch raised an eyebrow at her. “Very good, Miss Shimmer,” she murmured. “Perhaps Miss Dazzle can learn a thing or two from you.” Sunset’s eyes popped open as she looked to Adagio who was shooting daggers at her. Great, that was just what she needed. She answered a question Adagio couldn’t answer.

---<^^>---

Mare Do-Well stayed back from the group as they sat around the monitors of what Rainbow Dash had dubbed “The Veloci-Lair.” Filli-Second worked frantically to locate where in the multiverse the great danger had gone to. Images flashed by so quickly that even Mare Do-Well had trouble keeping up. Nightmare Rarity stayed back from the group as well, finally walking over to Mare Do-Well after a while. They sat together facing thee group with their backs turned to them. “So,” Rarity began. “I’m going to make an educated guess and say that you’re Twilight under that mask.”

Mare Do-Well did not answer her for a minute. She simply wondered to herself how these ponies like Rarity or Filli-Second knew that name. It was quite obvious that they were friends in those various realities, but why? And why these ponies in particular? The only one that Mare Do-Well thought she could trust was Applejack and she wasn’t even entirely sure of that. Applejack may be a good pony on my world, she thought, but this version could be something else. The same went for all of them. She was beginning to need some answers.

Rarity chuckled next to her causing Mare Do-Well to lose her concentration. She turned to the slightly taller black unicorn with a slightly angered look. Rarity tried to compose herself. “Apologies, dear,” she said with a slight smile. “It’s just that focused stare kind of gives it away.” Mare Do-Well didn’t respond to the line and turned away once more. Rarity frowned and sighed. “You don’t like me. I get it.”

“I don’t like anypony here,” Mare Do-Well finally replied. “I don’t like this situation. Too many variables. Give me magic and titans any day of the week but when you start to mess with alternate realities, that’s when it gets… complicated.”

“You have… experience?” Rarity asked with an air of curiosity. Mare Do-Well realized she had already said too much and shut her mouth. Rarity took notice and stayed quiet.

After a few more minutes Filli-Second struck pay dirt. “Eureka!” she shouted. Mare Do-Well and Rarity walked forward to join the group and look at the monitors. Displayed across the enormous screens was string of spherical objects, Mare Do-Well saw that they an array of worlds. Filli-Second had highlighted one around the center of the string. It flashed an eerie red. “We should get going,” she finished and left her chair.

“Hold on,” Mare Do-Well said in a slightly threatening tone, putting her hoof down in front of Filli-Second. “We’re not leaving without a plan or an explanation of what we’re up against. I may not know these ponies but I’m sure as hay not going to just lead them to their deaths.”

Filli-Second frowned and looked back at the monitor, worrying if the threat would move soon and be lost again. Though with the agreeing glares from the other ponies she conceded. “Alright,” she sighed and sat back down. “I… suppose you should know what you’re up against.” She pressed a button on the dashboard and a microphone sound kicked on. “Computer. Access video file: Filli-Second. File name: … Great Disaster.” The computer acknowledged and a video came on screen. It seemed to be filmed from a very fast, very jittery cameramare. Filli-Second nodded to the group. “Each member of the Power Ponies was outfitted with a recording device so Matterhorn could review our battles for future reference.” Rainbow Dash stifled a giggle at the words “Power Ponies,” earning a stern glare from AJ and Filli-Second. The video continued.

“You’ll never get away with this, Maneiac!” shouted a purple unicorn in a mask and body suit. Mare Do-Well assumed that was Matterhorn. Her uncanniness made her a little bit uncomfortable. Matterhorn and the rest of the Power Ponies seemed to have cornered a super villain at the top of a sky scraper. The villain they called Maneiac laughed triumphantly as she caressed some kind of sinister looking device. It sat on three metal legs and pointed down like a drill, however the top had a large cone shaped object that seemed to be sending out a glowing green pulse.

“You’re too late, Power Ponies,” the Maneiac shrieked. “I’ve already sent the signal out. And here at the tallest spot in Maretropolis, it will have enough strength to echo into space and draw in a meteor that will smash this pathetic city to rubble! Bwahahaha!” Mare Do-Well smirked at the amount of cheese the villain was throwing into her speech.

“Never too late for me!” came a familiar peppy voice. Suddenly the camera shifted and the next moment the villain was tied up. “Power Ponies: 100, Villains: 0.”

The group fell in and began to congratulate Filli-Second on another win. Mare Do-Well began to feel a little insulted at the fact that these ponies called themselves heroes. She had fought tougher opponents and come out on top and she didn’t even have super speed. Then Matterhorn’s attention was drawn away from the group. “Oh no,” she uttered with wide eyes. The rest of the group and Filli-Second turned to the machine to see that it had begun to malfunction. Sparks were flying from it and several key components had been messed around with. “Filli-Second what did you do?”

Filli-Second shrugged. “I just moved a couple things around. Tried to get it to stop.”

“Well I think now its-” A large blast of sound broke her off and the ponies stared up into the sky. They looked on in shock and awe as what appeared to be a giant glowing hole in the sky began to form.

Mare Do-Well’s eyes widened at the sight of it. “No,” she whispered frightfully. It was a hole she had seen before.

“Turn it off!” Matterhorn shouted frantically. Radiance and Mistress Marevelous ran to the machine and tried to bring it down but a blast of energy from it sent them rocketing back. Matterhorn shouted to the two airborn members. “Zapp! See if you can use the clouds to close up that hole! Saddle Rager! Use everything you’ve got to take this thing down!” As she said this she shot a beam of ice onto the floor of the rooftop. Saddle Rager grew to her enraged form and charged at the machine, bursting through its field of energy and easily sending it over the edge of the building with the slippery ice. Zapp however was having a harder time as she struggled to close the hole. She shot lightning into it and forced the clouds around but they all seemed to simply be sucked into the gaping hole.

“I think we need to-” Zapp shouted but her last words were unheard as the lightning that had been sucked into the hole was spit out once more and struck her in the back. Zapp cried out in pain and fell from the sky with Saddle Rager to catch her. The group ran up to her as they landed back on the roof. The camera was very wobbly and hard to focus as it centered on the burned Zapp. “I’m fine,” she spat out and waved away her worried friends. “I said I’m fine. I can take a hit.”

“But ah don’t know if they can,” whispered Marevelous. The camera turned to see what she was looking at and they saw the city begin to be hit by wave and wave of lightning from the hole. Pretty soon they could make out the sound of civilian’s screaming in terror. It brought some bad memories back to Mare Do-Well. Though something about this seemed off. If this was the same hole that she remembered then more should be coming out of it than lightning.

Just as the Power Ponies were about to move to start saving the city another blast of sound bowled them over. This time the low sonic boom gave way to a high pitched screech. The image on the camera feed began to crackle and waver as it looked around in every direction. More and more screams could be heard but Filli-Second was moving too fast to notice most of what was going on. However for one brief moment the feed stopped moving and centered on the hole. Filli-Second was now on the street looking directly up at the hole from below, her friends by her side. “What is that?” asked a terrified voice.

The Power Ponies didn’t respond as they stared dumbfounded at the sight before them. Mare Do-Well looked on with amazement as well. This truly wasn’t the hole she had known. In the center of the massive glowing swirl was giant eyeball. It looked down unblinkingly at the city of Maretropolis. Filli-Second and her team could only stand still and watch as the eye did what eyes do. It blinked and the world went dark. No sound or image appeared after that. All that the group could hear was static. Rainbow Dash turned back to Filli-Second. “What happened?”

“The feed was lost after that,” Filli-Second muttered morosely. “We tried to save all that we could. And while we did that eye just kept staring at us. There was no more lightning no more sound. It just looked at us. About an hour later Matterhorn discovered that the eye was disrupting the signals and electronics in the city. We attempted to recreate the blast that brought it here with the machine Maneiac tried to use, but…”

“Something else happened?” AJ asked. Filli-Second nodded in response.

“It was pure luck that got the machine to work. It took us close to a week to repair and replace. We closed the hole and the eye disappeared. But something was still wrong. Still none of the electronics worked. And… other things were beginning to happen around the city. Around the world in fact.” Everypony was silent as they waited for Filli-Second to finish. “Strange things.”

“What do you mean ‘strange’?” asked Mare Do-Well with concern.

Filli-Second bit her lip and Mare Do-Well saw hesitation and fear in her eyes. “Like… a pony would walk into a room he knew all his life and suddenly he’d be in another building entirely. Or music would start to play out of nowhere without any instruments. Or ponies and buildings would simply… disappear for a few moments and then reappear as if nothing happened. Matterhorn spent weeks trying to figure everything out. She called them… glitches.”

“Glitches?” Mare Do-Well asked when everypony else seemed confused. “Like errors in a computer program?”

Filli-Second smiled slightly. “I suppose you would know, Mare Do-Well since you’re the only other one who comes from a technologically advanced world, but yes. Matterhorn said that what was happening around the world equated to glitches in the system.”

“What do you mean system?” asked AJ trying to follow the conversation.

Filli-Second brought up the schematic of the line of spheres and breathed a sigh of relief as she saw the red dot was still located where she left it. “Ponies like Mare Do-Well and I come from worlds where we’ve created things called computers.” She motioned to the screen to give the others an idea. “We can essentially do whatever we want with these. However every now and again something called a glitch appears. It’s like if this red dot were to suddenly split in two or some other odd happening that made no sense.” The rest of the group nodded their head. “So Matterhorn believed that this eye, this creature, was a glitch in reality. Somehow the Maneiac’s machine tore open a rift in time and space. And whatever that eye did while it was here affected my world. Affected it in such a way that everypony became afraid. So afraid that they started to attack one another. Anypony who showed a glitch was ostracized or beaten. Pretty soon it became so bad that our world leaders decided… destroying Maretropolis was the answer.” Once again everypony was silent. “After losing our home, Matterhorn became obsessed with finding the creature. We all agreed with her mission and journeyed into the unknown. So that’s why we’re here.”

“Alright!” Rainbow shouted. “Then what are we waiting for!?”

“Hold on,” Mare Do-Well said in a cold tone. “There’s something you’re still keeping from us.” She eyed Filli-Second who tried to avoid her gaze. “I’m sure you’ve all noticed it. Where are the Power Ponies?”

The rest of the group widened their eyes at the realization. True enough, the only pony they had seen in the Veloci-Lair was Filli-Second. Filli-Second shuttered and tried to keep herself composed as she answered. “They’re gone,” was all she said. “I’m on my own now.”

The rest of the group seemed to accept that answer but Mare Do-Well still looked at Filli-Second with a look of distrust. “Fine,” she said. “Then I guess we should get going if we want to stop this thing.”

{(SxT)}

“That little pony thinks she can upstage me? Take what’s mine?” Suntrix shouted to herself, the only company within her wagon her shadow. “Who does that pathetic magician/dressmaker think she is?” Suntrix kicked a trunk in anger and regretted it immediately as she held her hoof in pain. “Grrr! All I need is a shot. Something that can get me back on top. Maybe I’ll steal that silly crown of hers. I’m sure that with that I’ll-” Suntrix was caught off guard by the sound of laughter to her left. She spun around and saw a pony sitting in the corner of her petty wagon laughing his flank off. He was blue with a darker blue mane and thick black rimmed glasses. “How did you get in here?!” she yelled but the pony simply continued to laugh. She thought about just blasting him out but something just felt off. Like the more she looked at this pony the more the world began to spin.

Finally the pony settled down. He wiped his eyes and walked toward her. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” he chuckled out. “It’s just... you get more and more ridiculous each time I see you.”

Suntrix frowned. “I’ve never met you before.”

The pony smirked and walked forward brushing a hoof through her hair. Suntrix growled and tried to hit him but her hoof came up short. How? He was right there in front of her, how could she miss? He continued to walk around her like lion around its prey, sizing her up. “Gold and Silver hair mix. Blue coat with yellow accents. A mixture of Trixie and Sunset then.” Suntrix looked at the pony in disbelief.

“My name is Suntrix,” she said defiantly. “Who are Trixie and Sunset?”

“So this is a world where ponies are fused?” the pony seemed to just be talking to himself. “How many elements of harmony are in this world?”

Suntrix didn’t want to answer him before he started talking but she saw she was not going to get anywhere with this fool unless she got physical. “I think it’s time you returned to whatever mental ward you came from.” She shot a beam of magic at him that the pony didn’t even flinch at. The beam froze right before him and he simply walked around it. He turned to Suntrix with a smirk as the beam unfroze and continued its path into the wall. She looked on in amazement. “You’re not a unicorn! How did you do that?”

The pony smiled at her. “I didn’t do anything. Perhaps your magic is just flawed.”

Suntrix glared at him and saw his blank flank. “You don’t even have a cutie mark!”

The pony looked at his flank as if in surprise. “So I don’t. Do you mind if I borrow yours?” In a blink her own cutie mark was on him. Suntrix looked at her own flank and saw that her Sun and moon cutie mark was gone. “Though I actually to be without,” he mused. Another blink and it was back in place, his own flank blank again. “It gives me so much more options.”

Suntrix growled again. “That’s it! I don’t care who you are! Get out!” The pony’s smile changed to an emotionless slit as he saw the anger on Suntrix’ face.

“No, I don’t think I will,” he said seriously and stepped forward, pushing Suntrix back. “I think I’ll stay. And while I’m at it, I think your home could use a little more decoration.” Suntrix looked at the pony’s hooves while he walked and saw that the grain of the wood beneath him warped with every step he took. The warping began to spread outward until the walls began to shift and push back. Suntrix watched in astonishment as her small wagon became much larger on the inside. The pony went to sit in a big comfy couch which Suntrix was absolutely certain she did not have before. His cold expression returned to a smirk and he motioned to a seat next to him. Again, pretty sure she didn’t have that. With a slight gulp of apprehension she took a seat. The pony crossed his arms and smiled a wicked grin at her. “So… about those elements?”

“Three,” Suntrix replied with slight trepidation. “There are three of course. Apple Pie, Flutterdash, and my nemesis Rare Sparkle.”

“Fascinating,” the pony said as he continued to stare at her. “I’ve never been to world where there are only three elements. I wonder what they represent. Maybe this world has a different view of harmony.” Suntrix waited patiently while the pony seemed to talk to himself. He noticed and chuckled. “Oh, sorry. Me and my mumbling.”

“Who are you?” Suntrix asked, raising an eyebrow.

The pony smirked again. “Nopony worthy of note, I assure you. But for the purposes of friendship, just call me Mr. 4.”

“Mr. 4?” Suntrix let a small chuckle out. “What are you some kind of spy?”

“In the sense that I enjoy my privacy and secrets, yes, perhaps.” He took a sip from the tea he’d been holding. Wait, had she offered him tea? Did she even have tea pots? “But that’s not why I’m here. Or rather it is. It’s all pretty twisted really.”

“What is?”

“Reality,” Mr. 4 replied without a hint of irony. “Apologies if I’m not much of a dinner guest.” He took a bite out of the salad he was eating. Wait, there was no salad. And it wasn’t dinner. Suntrix looked out the window to find it was already night time. That wasn’t possible it was barely noon. She was also sitting with Mr. 4 at a giant dinner table laden with food of every kind. How did all this get here? Suntrix jumped from her chair in shock at the sudden changes and looked at Mr. 4 with fear.

“WHAT are you?” she asked.

Mr. 4 finished his salad and wiped his mouth before answering. “I told you, miss Suntrix. I am Mr. 4. As for why I’m here, that’s where you come in.” He got up from the table and walked over to her. Suntrix was too afraid to move as he placed a hoof around her shoulder. He walked them to the door and opened it to let them outside. Suntrix had to hold a hoof to her eyes as the sun shined down. But it had just been night time hadn’t it? “I’m here to offer you a proposition.”

Suntrix frowned as they continued to walk down the empty road she had parked on. “What kind of offer?”

“Nothing harmful I assure you,” he said calmly. “Here’s the deal. I’m in a bit of a bind with a couple of ponies that I might have pissed off a while back. They’ve been tracking me for quite a while but I was finally able to… shall we say “hinder” them, quite recently. However their threat is not entirely out of the picture. I need your help to… distract them.”

Suntrix pushed away. “Look, I think I’m beginning to get it. You’re some kind of god or demon or something with god-like power. Obviously whatever is chasing you have to be gods as well. What makes you think I’m able to do anything about that?”

“You’re telling me the great and powerful Suntrix isn’t capable of dealing with a few measly ponies?” Mr. 4 asked jokingly.

“The great and powerful Suntrix can accomplish anything!” she spat back with a bit of spite. “However, I am no fool who believes she can take on gods.”

“Trust me, my dear. These ponies are far from gods. In fact, if you agree to my terms, I’ll give you a power that would make your princess Celluna or Lunestia, whatever you call her here, look like a sparkler compared to your fireworks.”

Suntrix looked at him with caution. Was she seriously considering this deal with a supposed devil? She frowned and folded her arms in thought. “Why me?” she finally asked.

“Because the ponies I’m trying to avoid are specific. And I think that introducing a specific rival that they may know would hinder them more.” Was that all she was? A hindrance?

Suntrix grit her teeth and stood proudly as she came to her decision. “Alright, do it. The great and powerful Suntrix can take anything you throw at her!”

“Excellent,” Mr. 4 smiled. “Just don’t close your eyes. The next part’s going to be interesting since I’ve never done it before.”

“Wait what?” Suntrix was cut off as Mr. 4 shoved his hoof into her chest. She barely had time to react as his other hoof grabbed her chin and forced her to look him in the eye. Or should she say, eye. He had removed his glasses and only one glaring large amber eye remained. She wanted to scream but there was no pain, instead a blinding light began to pour out from her chest.

“Suntrix of Equestria,” Mr. 4 muttered. “Feel the fault of this world. Reach into the deepest depths of magic. Do you see what supports it?”

Suntrix’ eyes began to glow as she felt her mind flying through an infinite space of stars. She could feel the magic around her. She was a part of magic itself. Then she saw it. What Mr. 4 had been talking about. That long line supporting the very foundations of magic. And on it she saw infinite worlds. Infinite possibilities. “Yes,” she whispered in wonder. “I see it.”

Mr. 4 smiled. “Touch it.”

Suntrix moved closer until her hoof was mere inches away, but she hesitated. This was power beyond comprehension, beyond everything she thought possible. A small thought flickered through her mind for a moment. Did she truly want it? Suntrix smiled viciously. “Yes.” She touched the support and small crack formed where she had. She felt the crack extend into her as well, making her entire being fissure. Suntrix’ eyes burst even more with light as the road where the two stood was consumed with power. When the light died down the two were left standing in a barren field of charred grass. Mr. 4 pulled his hoof away and grinned at her.

“So how do you feel?” he asked.

Suntrix looked at her hooves and willed them to crackle with power. She smiled once more. “Like I’m reborn.”

===SS===

Adagio pinned Sunset against the wall after class. First making sure that they were far enough away from anyone who could intrude. She glared into the bookworm’s eyes. “You got a lot of nerve showing me up,” Adagio growled.

“I didn’t mean to. I was just answering a question.” Sunset tried to avoid Adagio’s gaze.

Adagio smirked. “Well, Professor Cinch thinks I should learn from you. How about we have a lesson here and now?” Sunset shrank back to the wall as Adagio moved in closer with an evil grin.

“Wait I-” But Sunset was cut off as she was struck by something. Her eyes began to glow with a fierce power and her body felt limp. Adagio backed away in shock and horror as she crumpled to her knees.

“What the hell?” Adagio said in a worried tone, the light from Sunset now attracting attention. Sunset writhed and hugged herself as she felt pain like she’d never felt before. Then she saw it. The cracks.

---<^^>---

Mare Do-Well’s eyes burst with light as she began to writhe on the floor. The rest of the group looked at her in horror as she screamed in agony, powerful light flowing from the lenses of her mask. What the hay was happening to her. She could hear the others barely in the back of her mind but the pain she felt was unbearable.

“What’s going on?” asked Dash. Rarity walked forward with concern.

“I don’t know,” she said. “But maybe I can find out. If I just look inside of her then maybe…” Rarity trailed off as she touched Mare Do-Well, her own eyes beginning to glow. Rarity screamed in pain as a vision seen passed through her. “Heavens above! Make it stop! Make it stop!” she screamed as the vision filled her mind.

===SS===

“It’s breaking!” Sunset screamed in pain. Most of the students began to congregate to watch as Adagio backed away in fear. A teacher ran up and grabbed her.

“Did you attack her?” the teacher asked strongly.

“No, I didn’t,” Adagio shouted back. Another pulse of light shot from Sunset’s eyes and she screamed again. She rolled around on the floor in terrible pain, pure magical power flooding from her eyes.

“It’s breaking!” she shouted. “The wall! The wall! The fourth wall is breaking!”

@#$%^&(*)&^%$#@


To Be Continued in Ponyverse...

Comments ( 11 )

shouted a purple unicorn in a mask and body suit.

I thought the masked matter horn had wings, being an alicorn or even pegasus since her horn isn't real

It blinked and the world went dark.

Stop reading and the entire world stops.

good story so far cant wait for ponyverse

7118186

I am working on it, but its a slow process. Especially since I keep hitting a point in the chapters where I think I'm just spinning my wheels. I have the story laid out but its hard to get the feeling I want from all the characters without sacrificing their unique traits. I.E. most of the main characters have suffered a loss so I don't want all of them to just be moping every chapter. I will give this though. I've got some big ideas for the finale as well that are taking me a while to plan out. Either way, I too am excited to see Ponyverse! Just wish my writer's block felt the same way:pinkiecrazy:

This... is going to be... VERY... interesting...
*idly drums fingers, chuckling like an evil genius mastermind*

Can't wait for the next story. Take your time.

Kind of reminds me of DC's Crisis specials where all the heroes had to came together to stop a huge threat from destroying all existence.

When I read Mr. 4, I can't help but think of Idris Elba (Shere Khan in the new "Jungle Book" and Krall in "Star Trek: Beyond"). He would make such a cool voice for him.

7494833
It's so funny you should mention DC since I took a lot of inspiration from them. I'm almost at a point to release Ponyverse. Just need to finesse it a little and write the finale. I'm hoping everyone likes what I have in store:twilightsmile:

I'm actually thinking of writing a mondo crossover myself. It would be based on the many next gens that have been created (Kilala97, Lopoddity, Faith-Wolff, etc.). I would have to get permission first, but I think it would be cool.

The kids have to work together to stop a bad guy (possibly a rouge Discord from another dimension) from destroying all life, past, present, and future, but first they have to overcome some of their own prejudices and fears of each other and sometimes themselves.

Pretty epic, huh?

7495088
When I release Ponyverse I plan to start a group called Legends of the Ponyverse that focuses on creating a veritable multiverse based on other people's alternate universe stories. That would fit right in.

7598694
I take that into account, don't worry:raritywink:

7651865

I always felt the interpretation was pretty vague. Especially considering Nightmare Moon's origins in the comic book. My personal interpretation is that she is a dark manifestation of the negative thoughts and dreams within Luna's dream realm given sentience. Luna has shown she is able to create such beings with the Tantabus. It's easy to imagine her unconsciously creating one when she was younger and less experienced with her powers. Then have it speak to her through her mind, subtly influencing her actions under the guise of a voice of reason until it could accrue power and take over her body. Luna still holds the guilt because she was seduced by the power but there is still a clear villain.

She's like an Iago to Luna's Othello.

.... .... You really dropped the ball not taking the obvious crossover with Samurai (apple) Jack, or at least a nod in that direction.

Ah well, this has all the hallmarks of a crazy comicbook crossover clusterfuck. I'm sure it'll be fun.

Login or register to comment