• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 3,788 Views, 219 Comments

Student of Friendship - zalla661



Starlight Glimmer, now reformed has begun a journey to spread friendship across the land as Twilight Sparkle's student. Along the way she will make new friends and meet some old ones. (SPOILERS! Takes place after Season Finale)

  • ...
12
 219
 3,788

PreviousChapters Next
Second Prances Ahoof Part 2

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! Sorry for the late update but after Beating Dark Souls 1,2 & 3 I've been working on a pet project which is a romance/adventure crossover mlp with Dark Souls which should be up sometime soon. If you're interested check it out and tell me what you think!

A short while later Starlight had found Trixie’s new trailer near Pokey Pierce’s home. It was parked by the small house where the lone stallion resided. The sounds of two distinct voices came from within the trailer, one definitely belonged to Trixie, the other more soft spoken was Pokey.

“-and then she had the nerve to say, ‘why don’t I make new friends by enslaving the entire population of Ponyville’!” Trixie exclaimed loudly from within, shaking the trailer. “Right to my face! The nerve of her to insult Trixie like that, and here she thought Starlight understood Trixie because of our checkered past! The little bi-”

“Whoa sis! Hold the reins! Are you sure she meant it like that?” Pokey’s voice asked from within the trailer. “Sounds to me like she was just making a joke honestly, and you, no offense sis, but you being you, you tend to overreact-”

The response came down on Starlight’s ear like thunder. Trixie voice boomed over the trailer with the capacity that would rival the Royal Canterlot voice and then some.

“Trixie doesn't overreact!”

Pokey fell out of the trailer door which glowed pink and promptly shut itself. Starlight ran over to the downed disgruntled stallion and helped him back to his hooves.

“Thanks Starlight.”

“Don’t mention it friend,” Starlight said dusting her friend off. “Is, Trixie in there?”

“Yeah, but you probably don’t want to go in there.” The stallion warned.

Starlight shook her head adjusting her mane and looked at the trailer with determination. “I know I probably shouldn't but I said somethings, and I need to talk to her.”

“Well, if you want I won’t stop you, Star.” Pokey said in a worried tone.

“Don’t worry Pokey, it’ll all be fine.” Starlight assured him.

“Well in that case good luck.”

“Thanks.”

Waving bye to her friend as he went off into Ponyville Starlight turned to face the magicians trailer. She walked up to the closed door and gave it three firm knocks. Almost immediately the booming voice of Trixie resonated from within scaring Starlight.

“I SAID GO AWAY POKEY!”
“Hesitantly Starlight cleared her throat and said, “Trixie, it’s me Starlight. Can I talk to you?”

The door opened revealing a small blue nose and a set of angry eyes glaring down at Starlight like she was some disgusting bug.

“What do you want?”

“I, uh, wanted to make sure you were alright.”

Trixie couched once never blinking as she looked Starlight up and down. “Well, Trixie is fine now go away.”

The door began to close but Starlight pushed it back keeping it slightly open. “Trixie!”

“How dare you! Are you trying to get on Trixie’s bad side?!”

“Look I’m sorry about what I said, okay?” Starlight used her weight to help keep the door ajar while Trixie tried to close it with her magic. “It was a joke calling back to me, when I enslaved a small town I founded, I wasn’t talking about you!”

Suddenly the door pressure eased and Starlight rolled into the trailer landing at Trixie’s hooves. She looked up to see a dissatisfied look on Trixie’s mug.

“Come on Trixie, I’m sorry.” Starlight pealed to the mare.

“You know I was really upset right?”

“I know and I’m sorry I didn’t know.” Starlight grabbed ahold of Trixie’s hooves. “If I can make it up to you I’ll do anything just tell me.”

Trixie scoffed turning away from the mare not bothering to help her up. “Well, Pokey did say you probably have no hostile intent. *Sigh* Very well STarlight. If you truly want to make it up to Trixie she could use a new stage assistant for her upcoming show tonight.”

“A show?” Starlight stood up.

“Yes, Trixie will be performing a new stage show of grand illusion!” Trixie said with her usual flair. “I’m calling it the Humble and Penitent Trixie’s Equestrian Apology Tour!”

“That’s quite the mouth full don’t you think?”

Trixie chuckled lightly. “It’s a working title.” She said with a wink.

“Well, it sounds like fun, what are you going to do?” Starlight asked looking at a large cannon nearby.

“Well, first Trixie is going to help unpack her wagon.” The unicorn mare said to Starlight lifting a rate decorated with stars like her cape and hat and walked outside of her wagon.

Starlight picked up as identical box and followed Trixie outside setting the box down next to the first crate, as Trixie walked back in and came back out with a large black bow and a trunk setting them off to the side.

A half hour later the mares had built a base for a new stage that Trixie had bought sometime ago. They Were setting it up when a pony came up behind Starlight and tapped her shoulder. The pink unicorn spun around to see Roseluck there with a bright smile.

“Hi, Star!”

“Rose!”

The two mares hugged, Trixie scoffed at them with a sour look, then returned to building her stage.

“What are you doing here, Rose?” Starlight asked.

“Oh, well, you see…” The rose maned mare looked around like she was scared of something lurking nearby. “I’m being stalked.”

Starlight gasped lowering her voice. “What?!! Who’s stalking you?”

Roseluck gave an exasperated sigh rubbing her arm. “A, I’m being… a filly.”

Starlight gave her a flat stare of shock. “Uh, well that’s definitely… something?”

Roseluck gave her friend a curious look to which Starlight looked away blushing. Roseluck struggled to understand what her pink friend was getting at when suddenly a familiar high pitched ethereal voice called from above them, “Hi everyone!”

Starlight looked up to see Glitter Heart above her and Roseluck screamed out loud running into Trixie’s wagon and locked herself inside. Trixie ran to the door beating it and demanding that Roseluck got out, or at least open the door so she could finish unpacking.

Starlight shook her head at Roseluck reaction but figured, from what Twilight told her, this was very typical of Roseluck to react in such a manner. Looking u p at the ghost filly Starlight greeted the filly.

“Hello again Glitter Heart. I see you met,Rose.”

Glitter Heart giggled floating in a circle and resting by Starlight’s shoulder.

“Yeah, she’s something I tell ya.”

Trixie managed to get the door open after fiddling with the doorknob (And breaking it off) and was now trying to force the door open to which Roseluck pushed back trying to keep it closed.

“Let Trixie in, you, IMBECILE!”

“NO! The ghost will get me!!” Roseluck hollered out through the hole in the door.

Trixie rolled her eyes until something in her mind clicked. “Wait, Trixie remembers you!”

Roseluck stuck her head out from the door looking rather nervous at the mare. She then made a squeak and ducked back into the wagon slamming the door on Trixie’s face. The blue mare gripped her nose which was now bleeding glaring at the door.

“Coward! Get out here and face Trixie!”

“Trixie, what’s going on? You know Roseluck?” Starlight asked, Glitter Heart by her side.

“Humph, yes Trixie knows that… mare.” Trixie replied in a belittling tone. “She stole Trixie’s coltfriend back in Canterlot when we were fillies.” *BANG!* *BANG!* *BANG!* “You get your sorry flank out here or Trixie will come in there and... “

Trixie paused looking at Glitter Heart who was floating near Starlight.

“Is that, a ghost?”

Starlight and Glitter Heart nodded.

Trixie eyed the ghost filly waving her hoof through her ethereal body.

“For real?”

Again she was met with a series of nods.

“Wow. That is so-”

“Scary?” Glitter Heart said sarcastically rolling her eyes.

“No. Trixie was going to say cool!” The mare exclaimed walking around Glitter Heart inspecting her. “This is amazing! Trixie has never seen a spirit before! And you’re so adorable!” She cooed.

Glitter Heart covered her face behind her hooves shying away from Trixie. “Aww, stop you’re embarrassing me!”

“Why? You are so cute!” Trixie gushed.

Starlight sighed feeling relieved that Trixie wasn’t scared of her ghostly friend. She then looked at Glitter Heart and asked, “Why is Roseluck afraid of you anyway?”

“Trixie doesn’t want to talk about it.” The mare said.

Starlight and Glitter Heart sighed neither wanting to antagonize the mare. Then Starlight turned to face Glitter Heart.

“For that matter why are you showing yourself to ponies and where have you been!?” Starlight asked the filly ghost, who shied away whistling.

“I may have been away harassing somepony…”

“Clearly…” Starlight sighed, shaking her head. “Well, just as long as you’re alright I’m glad your back.”

“Aww you do miss me!” Glitter Heart squealed.

“Yes, yes, now moving on silly… Trixie?”

The blue mare glared at her door like she was expecting it to catch fire or remove itself from her view on its own. Feeling concerned Starlight nudged the mare in the shoulder gently.

“Trixie?”

Suddenly Trixie flew at the door headbutting it open and sending poor Roseluck to the end of the wagon. Trixie stumbled in a daze as Roseluck curled up in the corner looking fearfully at both Trixie and the ghost at her side.

“Star! HELP!” Roseluck cried out covering herself behind her tail and shaking.

“Starlight sighed pushing Trixie aside and knelt down beside the mare. “Trixie please be nice to my friend.”

Trixie growled in response feeling her temper starting to come to a boil. “But she-”
“Please, Trixie?” Starlight pleaded giving her a cute pouty face.

“Ugh, fine whatever!” Trixie said turning to finish unloading her wagon. “Just keep her out of Trixie’s way.”

The blue mare walked off leaving Starlight and Roseluck behind while Glitter Heart floated after Trixie. Starlight sighed leaning into Roseluck side to comfort her friend.

“Are you feeling better now?” She asked.

Roseluck smiled nodding to Starlight.

“I’m glad.”

Roseluck sniffled a few times wiping her eyes.

“Thanks for the save.” Roseluck said nuzzling her friend.

“Don’t worry, Rose.” Starlight said. “What happened between you and Trixie anyway? And what’s this I hear about a coltfriend?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Roseluck looked away with a saddened expression.

“Okay, don’t worry you don’t have to tell me, but I do think it’d be in your best interest to talk to Trixie about it<” Starlight looked at the blue mare as she stuck her nose up, lifting another crate and left without a word. “Were you two friends?”

“Once,long ago.”

“Oh, so um, what were you doing before you came here?” Starlight asked the mare.

“Eh? Oh, right! I was coming to tell you about the dinner I can make it tonight!” Roseluck said clapping her hooves. “Turns out the event was delayed for another week so I have time to get all the roses and bouquets together.”

“Starlight beamed, that’s great! I’m glad you’ll be attending...Aww no.” Starlight facehooved. “I promised Trixie to help her for her show tonight!”

“Well, Trixie figured you’d worm out of it either way.” Trixie said from behind startling both mares. “Hmmm, very well. If you have to attend the dinner Trixie understands. She has a new friend who’ll help out. Right Glitter Heart?” Trixie asked to an empty space behind her.

Roseluck and Starlight looked around when Glitter Heart appeared from Trixie’s dressing trunk with a hat and cape on her grinning.

“Star! Star! Trixie wants me to help her in her show tonight! Isn’t that great?” The ghost filly gushed.

Starlight nodded to Glitter Heart smiling feeling proud that the spectral filly made a friend with Trixie so easily. Just then Roseluck who was eyeing the filly in terror passed out with a dramatic gasp.

Starlight shook her head, and Roseluck leg twitched, as she nuzzled the little ghost filly. “I’m so happy for you Glitter Heart! ” Starlight then set her passed out friend on the couch and finished helping Trixie unload her wagon.

She looked over at the cannon once more wondering what it was for.

“Trixie, what exactly is this cannon for anyway?”

Trixie looked over to the cannon and gave Starlight the cockiest grin she could muster. A sense of pride overflowed Trixie as she stood by the star covered cannon and proudly proclaimed, “The Great and Powerful Trixie will be performing the world famous Moon Shot Manticore Mouth Dive!”

PreviousChapters Next