• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 3,780 Views, 219 Comments

Student of Friendship - zalla661



Starlight Glimmer, now reformed has begun a journey to spread friendship across the land as Twilight Sparkle's student. Along the way she will make new friends and meet some old ones. (SPOILERS! Takes place after Season Finale)

  • ...
12
 219
 3,780

PreviousChapters Next
Arrival

Author's Note:

So, now a lot of stuff just happened in the last few chapters. Now things are about to get serious! Now keep in mind this is before the Freindship Games so now things are gonna get weird. :rainbowderp:

As for Starlight, what will befall her? What happened to Adagio? What will twilight do to get her student out of jail?

the answers to come soon! As always read rate love and tolerate, and remember if you like what you've read give this fic a thumbs up and sub to me! If you did not...

hit the thumbs up and subscribe to me anyway. And until next time my friends I will see you later.


To say Twilight was worried would have been a great understatement. She ran through the halls of her castle to the portal room where she kept the human mirror portal. She felt herself feeling anxious. As a Princess it was her responsibility to safeguard all her subjects no matter who they were.

She began to run a mental list of who could have possibly went through the portal. In truth it could have been one of many ponies. She just recently got new castle staff, courtesy of Celestia and Luna, a few new guards who were green, and the most likely some janitor too curious for their own good.

In her mind she failed as a Princess allowing one of her subjects to come under human jurisdiction due to her irresponsibility.

She thought long and hard about the portal room as she made her way down a long stairwell into the room itself. Entering Twilight didn’t even slow her pace, making a brisk pace to the portal and walking through non-stop.

She flew through the rainbow vortex until she reemerged from the other side; and, she landed on her two feet with more grace than her first times she visited the human world. Her landing was a bit rough, it hurt her feet and knees a bit making her tumble a bit. *Gotta watch that reentry.* She berated herself.

Fortunately for her two arms caught her mid landing. This prevented her from falling face first into the concrete walkway she discovered was called, the sidewalk.

Looking at her savior, twilight realized it was not Sunset who caught her but Sonata Dusk from the Dazzlings. The blue girl had her typical happy look and smile that could rival that of Pinkie’s.

Twilight gasped pushing the siren away, “What are you doing here?!”

Twilight fell backwards landing on her back on the ground. She kicked up some dust in doing so. From around the statue Sunset’s head poked out. When she looked at Twilight on the floor, Sunset ran and picked up the downed princess.

“Twilight! Are you alright?!” Sunset asked her friend, dusting her off.

Sunset then turned on Sonata who cringed at the hard look Sunset was giving her.

“Sonata.”

“What did I do, Sunny?” Sonata asked innocently.

“Whenever you go anywhere trouble and disaster follows.” Sunset said in a matter of fact tone.

“But I didn’t do anything! She pushed me when I caught her when she fell.” Sonata explained, shrugging her shoulders.

Sunset was about to say something when Twilight held up her hand.

“No Sunset, she’s right.” Twilight said in her defense. “I was just shocked at the sight of her being here I pushed her back and lost my footing.”

Sonata nodded her head vigorously. Sunset sighed slapping her hand to her face. Twilight perched herself on the stone steps by the CHS statue. Sunset and Sonata sat on either side of her.

“So, um, it’s great to see you again?” Sonata asked awkwardly.

“I guess?” Twilight replied looking to Sunset for an answer.

Sunset smiled and pulled Sonata into a headlock. She then rubbed the blue girls hair playfully making her laugh in delight.

“Sunny! Stop!” Sonata yelled in laughter.

Sunset giggled as two blue hands pushed at her face. Twilight smiled feeling a warm feeling in her heart a the the sight of one former siren making friends with Sunset. *Guess they both have come a long way.* She thought, when a stern voice called out from behind.

“Sonata!”

All heads turned to see Aria stomping towards them. Twilight immediately took a stand between the approaching siren and the two behind her. Aria stopped about ten paces from Twilight. She had a surprised look on her face that quickly turned to fear as she took a defensive stance.

Sunset reached out and tugged at Twilight’s arm while Sonata quickly stood between them holding back Aria who looked like she was about to change twilight.

“Aria stop!” Sonata yelled at her fellow siren.

“That girl took our amulets from us Sonata!” Aria rebuttled with a violent gesture to Twilight who frowned. “Did you forget that when we nearly starved to death?”

Sonata shook her head slowly. She gave Aria a look of pure disappointment. Aria took one look at Sonata and quickly averted her gaze.

“You know I would never forget Adagio like that.” She said in a cold tone.

Aria clenched a fist feeling a burning rage inside of her. She gave Twilight a hard look before turning and storming away with an almost feral growl. Twilight looked between Sonata and Sunset in confusion and SUnset too the opportunity to clarify the situation.

“Twilight. A lot has happened since you left,” Sunset said gently guiding her to Sonata.

“Sonata? You alright?” Sunset hugged the siren from behind.

Sonata gave a pathetic sniff, taking hold of the arms wrapped around her neck.

“I’m fine. Thanks.”

Twilight felt like she was missing something completely important but allowed the siren to calm herself in Sunset’s kind embrace. Once Sonata calmed herself she approached TWilight with Sunset by her side offering a supportive nodded.

Taking a step forward Sonata looked into Twilight’s eyes which made Twilight feel bad somehow. It was as if Sonata was conveying her deepest feelings through her eyes so that there was no need for words.

“Adagio left us because of what you and your friends did.” Sonata said flatly.

There was no hate or any emotion behind her words, which in Twilight’s mind was worse than being hated or blamed. Sunset took Sonata away and sat her down back on the steps by the CHS statue by her backpack.

After the two exchanged a few words she returned to twilight and gently guided her away from Sonata’s range of hearing. Still within sight of the blue girl Sunset turned back to Twilight with a deep somber expression.

“I’m sorry about that. I ran into them waiting for you and-”

“No, it’s fine Sunset,” Twilight said. “I’m just glad you befriended those two. I feel so bad for Adagio, I never wanted her to… you know.”

Sunset gave twilight a sympathetic nod patting her shoulders. “I know Twilight. It’s still good to see you though.”

“You too Sunset.”

The two hugged, neither really wanting to break away from the other. Twilight pulled back looking at Sunset then to Sonata with a worried look.

“I know this is gonna sound cruel of me Sunset but, about the one who came through the portal-”

“Oh, right. Sorry,” Sunset looked back at the statue and pointed to it. “Let’s sit down. What do you want to know?”

“Well, who was it? What did they look like? Was it a mare or stallion-”

“Man or woman.” Sunset corrected her.

“Right,” Twilight sat at the base of the statue next to Sonata. “Man or woman, but what did they look like?”

“Well, it was a woman. Older than you but maybe around a few years older than me.” Sunset tapped her chin thinking. “She had her hair up on a large ponytail, much like Sonata’s. She was wearing a light periwinkle sweater with black pants and boots. Oh! Her hair had a light teal stripe going through it!”

Sunset gave the discription of hte poersn. She knew it was a mare now, or in this case woman, but who it was was still a mystery. Although she had a very good idea of who it was. This made her worry.

“Sunset, did she say anything that might have stood out?” Twilight asked her friend with a sense of urgency.

Sunset thought another moment then replied with a, ‘aha!’ “As a matter of fact she did!”

Twilight waited patiently for Sunset to think of what it was. Sonata sat silently listening to the situation.

“I’m not 100% sure but I think she said, ‘I’m Twilight’s student or something’.” Sunset said crossing her arms thinking back on it. “She startled me so I’m not sure if that’s what i heard exactly.’

Twilight felt her blood run cold. She suddenly felt angry and frustrated. How could she let this happen? It angered her to feel like something was out of her control. Perhaps one of her biggest faults, but that wouldn't stop her from finding her student.

Looking to Sunset she gave the former villain turned friend a determined look and asked one simple question, “Where is she?”

PreviousChapters Next