• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 3,780 Views, 219 Comments

Student of Friendship - zalla661



Starlight Glimmer, now reformed has begun a journey to spread friendship across the land as Twilight Sparkle's student. Along the way she will make new friends and meet some old ones. (SPOILERS! Takes place after Season Finale)

  • ...
12
 219
 3,780

PreviousChapters Next
Release

Author's Note:

And so it begins.

*Canterlot Police Station*

Shining Armour led the two girls down the halls of the Police station to an isolated room used for interrogations. Sunset and Starlight were taken there and sat across from each other while Shining Armor who sat next to Sunset Shimmer.

At first Starlight was worried about what was going to happen. None of them spoke, so Starlight kept her mouth shut until the doors opened and a tall dark skinned woman with dark green hair and a black suit walked in with Twilight Sparkle.

Starlight nearly jumped from her seat, but a swift gesture from Twilight made her sit back down.

Twilight sat next to Starlight and the taller woman stood next to Starlight and slammed a pile of papers next to her. Starlight jumped in her seat and gave a worried look at the woman, who was pointing to the pile of papers.

Starlight looked at them. She opened the folder they were in and after seeing the first image she quickly shut it and looked away. Both Shining Armor and the woman were surprised by her reaction, but made no indication of this.

Opening the folder again the woman slid a picture from the top of the pile in front of Starlight who refused to look at it and said, “I hope you realize how much trouble you’re in Miss Glimmer.”

Shining nodded taking the file in his hands and pulled out a single paper and read it.

“Captain Chrysalis is right, Miss Glimmer. You have quite a record-”

“It’s not me.” Starlight snapped at him, not daring to look at the image before her. “I did nothing wrong.”

“Don’t interrupt me,” Shining said sternly, before continuing. “Let’s see here, says here you were married once. Divorced over a domestic dispute, one child taken by CPS and says here you went on the deep end in Canterlot Psychiatric Ward. History of brutal violence, molestation, etc the list goes on.”


Shining stopped at that and placed the paper back in the folder and closed it. The Captain chrysalis jumped in taking the picture in front of Starlight in her hand and looked at it.

“Her name was Adagio Dazzle. She was a student a CHS,” Chrysalis said looking over the image. “She was sixteen, maybe a bit older. She was a trouble child with her sisters, with the exception being her youngest sister Sonata, bless her airheaded heart.”

Shining and Sunset Shimmer both nodded, while Twilight had an uneasy look in her eyes.

Chrysalis then gave Starlight a sour expression shoving the photo in her face. Starlight closed her eyes quickly and averted her gaze to not look at the image.

“You mean to tell me that you never once seen this? You never met this girl?” Chrysalis pressed on.

“No, I did nothing,” Starlight choked out.

Captain Chrysalis scoffed slamming her hands on the table. “Don’t lie to me! Where did you hide the girl?”

“I didn’t do anything to her…”

“Where is Adagio? A wearhouse? Your home? What have you done with her?” Chrysalis pressed on.

Starlight her her part was trying hard not to bawl like a child. She’d never seen anything like she saw in the photo before. It was a cruel image that she thought would haunt her to her dying day. Now, here she was trapped, in a hot room being accused of things she didn’t commit.

Accused of beating a defenseless girl to a bloody pulp.

She dared to crack open her eyes and looked at the image closer. The image was grueling to the eyes. Adagio was the physical embodiment of what it meant to be broken. Her hair was a red stained mess, her left leg was twisted in a very unnatural way, her clothes were tattered and she herself was cut and bruised badly.

Starlight had never seen such cruelty inflicted upon another in her life. Sure she had been a evil tyrant, too deluded in her own visions to see that but even she was never cruel to her towns ponies.

Starlight felt her stomach churn filling her with a sense of nausea, and her vision got dizzy. She felt like she was suffocating in this room. A hot crushing void of death and misery. And she was the center of it.

Suddenly in all the mixed emotions of sadness, anger, and fear, she felt something else. A warm feeling around her. It took a moment for her to realize but she was being hugged. Twilight had gotten up from her seat and was hugging her pressing her cheek against Starlights and made the young woman feel better.

Twilight then frowned at Captain Chrysalis. “That was mean of you.”

Before the Captain could utter a word there was a knock at the door and Chrysalis opened it a crack and stuck her head out.

Starlight looked at Twilight and felt relieved. “Thank you Twilight. I don’t know what I’d had done if you weren’t here.”

“I’m glad you’re alright Starlight,” Twilight said with a relieved tone.

Starlight blinked twice. “What?”

“We’ll explain later for now we got you covered.” Twilight said gesturing with her thumb to Shining Armor, who gave her a small nod.

A moment later Chrysalis came back and sighed taking the files. “You’re clear, Miss. Seems you were right Shining Armor.” Chrysalis said to him. “Seem’s this young lady is a victim of misidentification.”

“Glad we got it cleared up Captain. Sorry for the trouble,” Shining said standing up from his seat.

Chrysalis got a most cheeky grin walking up to the officer and flicked his hat off. “I’ll expect something in return, Mister Armor.” She cooed at him batting her eyelashes at him.

Twilight gagged along with Sunset making her frown, but Shining chuckled. “You do know I’m dating Cadence right?” Chrysalis frowned at the mention of Cadence's name. “Besides, you’re my Captain, it wouldn’t work.” He said shrugging his shoulders.

Chrysalis sighed and walked away with a ‘harrumph’. “Well then, don’t expect any more favors from me then, Lieutenant Armor.” Chrysalis said walking to the door. “Get this young lady's papers done and have that report for me by tomorrow, Shining.” With a playful wave of her hand Chrysalis left closing the door behind her.

Confused by what just happened all the girls in the room looked to Shining Armor for an explanation.

Shining took the file in his hands and set it to the side. He then slowly folded his hands, resting them on the table.

“I had a suspicion it wasn’t you from the start Miss Glimmer,” Shining said to Starlight. “The Captain was adminat about it but everything we had on you was circumstantial at best.”

Shining patted Sunset and twilight shoulders with his hands, playfully rubbing them. “These two have a friend who knows someone who gave us a lead on Adagio’s where abouts.”

Sunset and Twilight looked at him. “Was it Rainbow's old friend Gilda?” Sunset asked.

Shining Armor shook his head, and pulled out a photograph of a young teen girl with lighting blonde hair wearing a white tank top with a black jacket , black pants, and boots. Starlight looked at it and didn’t recognize the person in the photo, but Twilight and Sunset did.

Sunset almost frowned at the photo taking hold of it and glancing over it several times with a look of disbelief.

“No way,” Sunset asked, and Shining Armor nodded back to her. “That little snitch ***ch?”

“I’m sorry but what’s going on?” Starlight asked in a strained voice. “Look, I have no idea what’s going on and I demand answers!”

Shining smiled at her and gave the woman a gentle pat on the back. Starlight flinched but held her ground allowing Shining to give her his gesture.

“Don’t worry Miss Glimmer. You’re free to go,” He said. “Just stay out of trouble and try not falling onto kids anymore. Okay?”


“I don’t care about that. Why did you think I was part of this?” Starlight asked.

Shining got a look of discomfort and scratched the back of his neck nervously. Twilight nudged him, giving him a hard look, Sunset remained with a neutral expression.

“Listen, I’m sorry about this Miss Glimmer, but we had suspicion you were a gang leader that has been kidnapping around these parts for a while now,” Shining said leading them out of the precinct. “We had reports saying that the kidnappings were happening all around Canterlot High and Crystal Prep Schools.”

“So you think I’m the one who did it because?”

“You matched the description of the person who took all the kids. And you fit the MO.”

“Fascinating.” Starlight said dryly.

“Well, enough of that, you’re free to go Miss Glimmer.” Shining said opening the doors for her.

Exiting the building Starlight, Sunset and Twilight, all walked down to the street, leaving Shining back in the Police Station. Starlight looked over at Sunset and Twilight who were chatting up at the moment.

Starlight slowed her pace and fell back with them taking her place next to Twilight. Sunset nudged her girl next to her pointing to Starlight.

“What’s wrong Starlight?” Twilight asked.

“What do we do now?”

“What do you think about helping a new friend out?” Twilight asked.

PreviousChapters Next