• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 3,780 Views, 219 Comments

Student of Friendship - zalla661



Starlight Glimmer, now reformed has begun a journey to spread friendship across the land as Twilight Sparkle's student. Along the way she will make new friends and meet some old ones. (SPOILERS! Takes place after Season Finale)

  • ...
12
 219
 3,780

PreviousChapters
Eclairs

Author's Note:

Hey there everyone. So this is the need for now. I plan to add more chapters as they come up but as promised my focus is going to my other works for now. Also, I am making a story about Commander Tempest, but won’t be releasing it for some time.

Until then enjoy this pseudo-epilogue!

Starlight walked into a new movie theater that recently opened up in Ponyville. She was eager to see what was going to be on the big screen. After another little adventure into the human world with Sunset and Adagio they took her to see a movie called Terminator Salvation. Starlight was amazed by what she saw, she was hoping pony movies would prove to be as thrilling as she saw in the human world.

Ponies were abuzz about what they would see. None of them had seen a movie like this before. Sure film reels were a thing, and plays, and music surround sound, but that was the brilliance of it all. Starlight could only compliment the pony who decided that combining all these things together to make a basic movie would be a great idea. If implemented correctly.

She waited in line for a long time, but eventually she got her chance.

The doors opened up and ponies flooded the ticket stand and the three ponies working it. Tickets were going fast and Starlight had to quickly get her ticket; whoever, it wasn’t meant to be. As Starlight made her way to the ticket booth the ponies had just put up sold out signs. Irritated Starlight tapped the window getting a young mares attention.

“Hey! What gives? I was in line for like, three hours! What do you mean you’re sold out?”

The young mare apologise to her and to the several other ponies behind Starlight. Eventually it was explained that there was only so many showings and there were only so many tickets and seats. So, there was a limited number they could sell. Unfortunately that limit had been reached. Grumbling Starlight left along with many other ponies.

With her day now open Starlight went to Sugarcube Corner for a little treat. The money wasn’t going to be spent on the movie anymore, so she decided to indulge herself. Walking in Starlight would have guessed by the amount of ponies in line that some of the theater goers had the same idea. Most of the ponies here however were happy, compliments of Pinkie and the Cakes who ran the place. They always had a way with words and making one feel better. Then again sweets help too.

Starlight waited in line until it was her turn and was greeted by Mr. Cake’s bright smiling face.

“Hello Mr. Cake,” Starlight greeted him smiling. “I’m here to pickup my usual order. One chocolate eclair and a bottle of milk to go please.”

Mr. Cake nodded at Starlight, but his smile wavered. “Hello Starlight. I’m sorry but we just ran out of eclairs. We should have a fresh batch in about an hour if you are willing to wait.”

She kept her smile and nodded to the stallion. “I’ll come back then. Can you hold it for me Mr. Cake?”

Mr. Cake sudden gets nervous. He looked around and leaned over the counter, as if expecting someone to be spying on him.

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep your order. Just make sure to hurry,” He said pointing to the back doors to the kitchen. “My wife hates it when I do that. First come first serve, you know?”

“I understand. I’ll try to make it back in time.”

Mr. Cake smiled at Starlight and breathed a sigh of relief.

“Thanks Starlight, you are very different from when you first came to this town. You’ve grown a lot since then,” Mr. Cake said kindly to her.

“Yeah, I guess that’s true.”

Starlight blushed turning to leave. Ponies gathered into a line behind her as she talked to Mr. Cake. The line of ponies was now extending out the door. Starlight trotted past all the ponies and left Sugarcube Corner to head off into town. After walking around the town and meeting some ponies Starlight took a long walk around the outer edge of town heading back to Sugarcube Corner. Along the way Rainbow Dash flew overhead followed close behind by Scootaloo on her scooter. The little pegasus filly waved to Starlight as she passed by and zipped off right behind Rainbow, never slowing down even a pace.

Smiling at the sight of the two made Starlight’s heart flutter. She wished she had a younger sibling who looked up to her. She immediately thought of Button Mash. The young brown colt she’d been dating over the last several months. She wondered if they would ever get to a point where they could open up to their relationship. It was only two years, she could wait.

For now her eclairs were calling her. She passed by the school where the foals were all playing various games or sitting to eat their lunches in small groups. Starlight kept her eyes open for a familiar propeller hat among the crowds. Not seeing the pony she was looking for she continued on the dirt path towards Sugarcube Corner. When she arrived Starlight was amazed to see several ponies in a long line outside the bakery. Sighing she stepped into the long congested line that cut off the main road with the many bodies of ponies. A half hour later Starlight was in the bakery and Mrs. Cake was at the register smiling at her as she approached.

“Well, well, hello deary, how are you today?” Mrs. Cake asked sweetly.

“Hello Mrs. Cake. I’m here to pick up my usual.”

“I see. Please wait here. I’ll go fetch it for you.”

Mrs. Cake left to the back to gather up Starlight’s order. While Starlight waited she gathered the bits she’d need to pay for her order. She’d ordered this so many times she already had the necessary bits for it. Just then two hooves blocked her vision. A smile crept on her face as a familiar voice spoke from the darkness.

“Guess who?”

“Hmm. Who could it be indeed?” Starlight feigned ignorance. “Oh! I think it’s. . . Button!”

“Aw, you got me!” The colt said, removing his hooves to hug Starlight around the neck.

Starlight nuzzled him back. “And how have you been Button? I hope you’re not playing hookie, or Miss Cheerilee will be cross with you, and me.”

“Nah, it’ll be fine!” Button assured her.

Just then Mrs. Cake returned with Starlight's order. After paying for it and giving the mare a fond farewell Starlight and Button left Sugarcube Corner and headed back to the school. Along the way Starlight offered button part of an eclair.

“So, Button, where were you when I came by the first time?” Starlight asked biting her eclair.

“I was behind you the whole time. Not to worry though, my stealth skill is my best skill! So, it’s no surprise you didn’t see me coming.”

Starlight giggled grabbing the colt around the neck with her arm and giving him a playful noogie. Button laughed and struggled to break free, but failed in his futile attempts. After she released him the colt sprang up and landed on her back. He returned the noogie with a vengeance and ruffled Starlight’s mane completely messing it up. Despite this the two enjoyed their little spat until they reached the school where the school bell rang. Starlight levitated Button to the ground and gently nuzzled him. Afterwards the colt ran off towards the school and joined his classmates inside to begin their lessons.

Starlight smiled and returned home to the castle. Thunderclap was standing near the entrance with Golden Claw opposite of ehr. Starlight winked at Claw earning a small grin from him. She then turned to hug Thunderclap only to get a blush and a small scowl. Starlight giggled patting Thunderclap on the chest and left to go to her room.

Starlight walked through the halls until she reached her room. Opening the door the mare leapt onto her bed and buried her face into the pillows. Her eclairs and milk were magically set on her dresser next to her. Laying there she decided to take a nap for the day. She was a happy lazy pony. Of course she was a hard worker too, and the day that would come for her to prove it would come sooner than she expected. Fornow she basked in the sun and waited for her mentor to return home, content that her life had turned out for the better. For tomorrow was her first real assignment. She had to rekindle her relationship with her old friend Sunburst.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 7 )

Also, I am making a story about Commander Tempest, but won’t be releasing it for some time.

yay for Tempest and buuhuuu for not getting more of this story at the moment.

The young brown colt she’d been dating over the last several months. She wondered if they would ever get to a point where they could open up to their relationship. It was only two years, she could wait.

How old was he again?

For tomorrow was her first real assignment. She had to rekindle her relationship with her old friend Sunburst.

aahhhh yes, at least it isn't going to be an akward "does he love me?" moment.
I don't mind others liking this shipping, but I'm normally against shipping that just happen because it is the first person they talk with in a game/story/movie, or even because they were friends in the past.

I think I don't really like Sunburst design, but he can be pretty much alright.

8476210
yea, unfortunately I wasn’t getting anywhere with it so I think it’s time to hang up this one for now. :raritywink: I’ll update it from time to time, but for now I’ll be doing other stuff. Button is only a few years to young to be an adult, roughly two years so 16.

8476217
I'm curious as what you have planned for her, if you follow your normal formular or if you going to do something more simple in a way.
Like always I can'T stop myself from imaging a few romances or even slightly unwanted adoptions.

I think Tempest is a character that maybe could be written in a way where she is doubting herself because of her past, but at the same time the situation is one why I image Twilight x Tempest, at least this is one of the shippings in my head. with kinky Twilight liking the dominant Mare:scootangel:

I liked that they had such an easy way to defeat the princesses and that she was so dangerous in the movie, okay I stop now because of spoilers.

I thought i wanted to say more, but it looks like I finished already.

oh yes, I was actually curious why they haven't shown Celestia or the others reacting to Tempest in the end, but I think I'm glad that I didn't had to think about that in the movie.

8476322
Funny you should mention that, I was recently commissioned to make a TempestXCelestia picture of them kissing. SFW for that one. I think Tempest is my fave mare now, Second to Trixie of course. Trixie will always be number one to me. :raritywink: But tempest is my second fave now. Sorry Starlight Glimmer. :fluttercry:

She’s like a more aggressive Limestone. Which I think is cool.

I like how you associate me with , adoptions and ships. :rainbowlaugh: Am I that predictable? :rainbowlaugh: I guess I do that a lot. While I am going to ship Tempest one way or another, I won’t ship her with Twilight or Celestia. Who I don’t know, but I have a few ideas.

8476333
It felt like they used a different aproach with some characters in the movie, not sure how to explain it, but it looked to me like one or two characters of them would perfectly fit in a show "meant" for adults too. (I think it was queen Novo and Tempest). They felt different to me from what we usually get in the show.

Tempest x Celestia? this seems interessting too, even if it probably isn't working out like in my head right now.

While I am going to ship Tempest one way or another, I won’t ship her with Twilight or Celestia. Who I don’t know, but I have a few ideas.

interessting, if you remember it please tell me when it's there, I probably forget to look every day and miss it for a few days.:pinkiehappy:
I think I would like to chapters or one big for the start, just to get a bit information in the beginning....I guess I don't want a cliffhanger right away.

Soo... is this still updating?? Cause I finally read the last chapter of this and it mentions that there may be more to come.

9507021
Very seldom.y do I update this anymore. I've moved on to other projects but I plan to update once every couple of months at best when I feel inspired. So short answer yes, long answer is whenever I feel like it. :scootangel:

Login or register to comment