• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 3,780 Views, 219 Comments

Student of Friendship - zalla661



Starlight Glimmer, now reformed has begun a journey to spread friendship across the land as Twilight Sparkle's student. Along the way she will make new friends and meet some old ones. (SPOILERS! Takes place after Season Finale)

  • ...
12
 219
 3,780

PreviousChapters Next
Tiny Stars Big Adventures: Preparing for School

The next morning, Starlight was sound asleep beside Twilight who had her wing wrapped around the pink filly to keep her warm. The princess herself was on a pile of pillows surrounded by a massive bookfort the two built the previous night. Three games of book jenga and bookfort jenga left them exhausted and retreated to the tome fortress of knowledge to rest for the night.

Starlight snored slightly pressing her nose against Twilight's side making her groan. The mare then slightly and roll over taking the filly with her. Starlight's eyes shot open as she found herself under a massive weight being squashed. Her head bloated and her eyes bulged out of their sockets as she flailed her tiny arms to break free. She quickly focused her magic and sent out a magical waved that blasted Twilight up just enough for her to escape leaving Twilight on the pillows snoring away none the wiser to Starlight's nearly untimely doom.

She panted heavily feeling alive for the first time in a long time.

"Death is merciless." she muttered darkly.

After recomposing herself a rumble in her tummy snapped her back to reality. She tenderly rubbed it as it moaned and groaned begging for substance. She smiled and crawled out of their bookfort and set forth to the kitchen. She flew along down the halls past several new maids she never met. The mares all stared at the flying filly as she waved to them as she flew past.

The mares all waved nervously back, some fainted at the sight, while others gushed at the, 'cute flying filly.' One mare even went so far as to run to her bed chambers to get a camera and asked to take a picture of her. Starlight didn't mind showing off this one time and even posed mid flight for the mare making her squee, gripping her chest.

After her fun Starlight continued down the halls and hovered around a corner and floated gently over an unaware Thunderclap. The orange mare sighed looking bored at her post outside one of the many libraries that resided in the castle. A small grin ran across the devilish imp as she hovered over the mare and slowly descended just within reach of her ear. Starlight then pressed her lips and bloated her cheeks until they were ready to burst when suddenly-






'Pop!'

Thnderclap nearly jumped looking around for the source of a loud popping noise she heard. Finding nothing she shrugged and stood up right as she was before, only this time she was more aware.

'Pop!'

Again she jumped looking around and drawing her spear. Starlight covered her mouth as the mare frantically spin in place trying to find the source of the pop, but the pink filly managed to stay behind her the entire time making the orange mare feel uneasy.

"Ugh, this post is getting to me." Thunderclap said adjusting her helmet. "Maybe I need a few days off-"

'Pop!'

"ARRRGUGHHG! What is that infernal popping sound?!" She spun around again looking around as Starlight hid behind a potted plant. "What is making that sound!?"

As she spun around jabbing with her spear, a maid came up to her keeping a safe distance from her before announcing herself.

"Miss Thunderclap?"

"Gah! Wha-Where? I'm not crazy!"

The maid pony frowned. "Miss Thunderclap-"

"I'm not crazy!You're crazy! I didn't hear a popping noise!" the mare screamed, her helmet unevenly hung on her head.

The maid frowned at her coughing once in her hoof. The now embarrassed guardsmare blushed putting her spear to the side and gave the other mare an apologetic look.

"Miss Thunderclap. The Princess wishes to speak to you. Now." The mare sternly said, turning about face and marched down the hall.

Thunderclap groaned lowering her head. She marched along with the mare as Starlight floated over and sat in the center of the floor and made the popping noise again. 'Pop!' The sound echoed down the hall and rang in Thunderclaps ear making her stop dead in her tracks. 'Pop!' She spun around to see Starlight with puffy cheeks waving at her from where she was standing when the filly pressed her lips and then, 'Pop!'

She glared at Starlight waving with a cute happy smile at her. "You little monster." Thunderclap mutter cracking a smile as she followed the maid around a corner out of sight of Starlight. The filly smiled happily and continued down to the kitchen. She entered the large room and quickly flew over to the cabinet and rummaged through looking for anything to eat. Then she saw a box of honey oats. They were her favorite cereal growing up and she was dying to try them again after all these years. Taking the box in her hooves she flew over with the box in her hooves and got a bowl and spoon from the cupboard and drawer simultaneously.

She poured a bowl of oats along with some milk she got from the fridge and after replacing the oats and milk she landed on the counter and ate her oat merrily. She loved the sweet flavor of the honey covered oats mixed with the soft milk. It was truly a delight on the tongue. Once finished she discarded the bowl and spoon in the sink, washed them, and dries them. Once safely stowed away once again she floated herself off the counter just in time for Twilight to enter the kitchen.

The mare noticed the filly and walked over to her. "Morning Starlight."

"Morning Twilight."

The two shared a hug. Twilight released the filly and walked to the cupboard and made herself the same breakfast that Starlight did. "So Star, are you ready for school?"

"Oh yes! I've always wanted to go but never could afford to."

Twilight stirred her oats taking the fillies words in. Was she unable to because of her parents jobs? Could they not afford it? Better yet, when she traveled back in time she never did see Starlight's parents. Where were they and why didn't they help their daughter when she was in need?

She thought about this and made a mental note to ask her later about this. For now she had to get Starlight ready for school. She pulled out a scroll and gave it to Starlight, who took it in her magical grasp.

"What's this?" she asked the purple mare.

"That is a list of everything you'll need to start for school. I prepared all your supplies and here's your saddlebags." she said levitating a pair of overstuffed bags onto Starlight's tiny body. The filly fell to the ground feeling the over bearing weight of the bags and books stuffed beyond reason. She struggled to lift the bags but fell back to the ground pinned by the weight of the saddlebags that were strapped to her back.

"Twilight! It's too heavy!"

"Nonsense! You need all this to start. Now run along or you'll be late!"

"Yes, mom." Starlight said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

As the filly trudged along she didn't realize what she said almost brought Twilight to tears. Never before had she thought of Starlight as a daughter, but after hearing her call her mother, even if it was sarcasm, she couldn't help but feel her heart strings pull against her chest. She watched the young filly wander down the hallway and disappear around a corner.

She smiled wondering if this was the feeling of being a parent? Was this what her mom and dad felt everyday when they sent her to magic kindergarten? She tried hard but try as she might the tears fell and she quickly wiped them away. She was happy for some reason. It confused her, and she knew the one mare who could help her. Walking away she magically conjured up a scroll and ink well from her study and took a nearby quill and began to write, "Dear mom and dad."

Author's Note:

So here we are and close to the first day of school! So Starlight is off to a big day and we leave Twilight contemplating parentood. If that's even a word. :twilightsheepish:

next chapter will probably be short but will have a good lesson to my headcannon so stay tuned!

PreviousChapters Next