• ...
22
 48
 3,778

Holding on to the memory.

He just stood there, staring at her. A little blue pegasus pony with big, bright, magenta eyes looked up at him hopefully.
"Daddy?" She asked nervously. He couldn't respond. Just seconds ago, he had been at his home, watching television, when there was a knock on his door. He ran to open it, and he saw it. It was her. He had kind of anticipated this happening, his little girl coming home to him. He had left er room exactly the same as it was when she left him. He knew he shouldn't have, but it was hard to let go. After all, it had been fifteen years!
"Are you my Daddy... or not?" She asked again. Finally, he spoke.
"Y...yes I am... how did you remember me?"
"I fell on my head and remembered everything. I guess it was in the back of my mind all along." Dash said shyly.
He pulled her up into a big embrace.
"My little Dashie." He laughed. Tears beginning to form in the back of his eyes. Dash sniffed and began to cry. Her memory was finally cleared. At peace with her past, she could finally move on. She could forgive everyone for their misjudgement. She could officially begin her career as a wonderbolt. She pulled away from his hug.
"We have 6 minutes Rainbow Dash" said Twilight anxiously. His heart sank. He should've known that this wouldn't be forever. Why else would the other ponies be here?

Rainbow Dash pulled something out of her saddlebag.
"Daddy look!" She began in excitement, "I'm an official member of the Wonderbolts!!"
He smiled at how she communicated with him. All it took was one hug, and she was talking to him in the way she used to. He was an older man now. In his 50's. 2 years for her had been too many for him. He was surprised that she remembered him so well.
"I'm so so proud of you Dashie! When did this happen?"
"About 2 days ago at a flying competition. Although, I suppose it was 2 years for you." She smiled awkwardly.
"We have 2 more minutes Rainbow Dash" Twilight said sadly.
"But...I'm not ready to say goodbye yet."
"Rainbow Dash. We promised the Princess."
Dash began to tear up again. She wasn't ready to end this. Not yet. Quickly, she pulled a photo out of her pocket. He looked at it. It was a picture of them together on the day she got her cutie mark. He smiled. His smile dropped when she tore it in half.
She kept one piece for herself and gave the other to him. She scribbled something on the back of his piece.
"I love you Daddy." He turned it over. It was a picture of her. In her hand she held the crumpled picture of him.
"It's so we never forget eachother." She said with a smile.
"I won't ever forget you Dashie." He said.
"We have to go." Twilight said. He pulled her into a hug. They held eachother for the last time.
"Goodbye Daddy" Rainbow Dash sobbed.
"Goodbye my little Dashie" He said, tears forming in his eyes. "We'll meet again someday. I promise."

Twilight's horn began to glow. One by one, the ponies began to fade away. Filled with pity, Twilight ensured that Rainbow Dash was the last one to fade away. When they were the last ones in the room, he whispered softly in her ear.
"Have fun in the Wonderbolts."
The last words Rainbow Dash heard before a flash of white light was "I love you".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainbow Dash flew in front of the rest of the Wonderbolts. As she zoomed past her friends she smiled and waved. She knew that her big and busy job wouldn't put a strain on their friendship. If they were prepared to go to another world with her, then they would be prepared to do anything!

He placed his photo frame carefully on top of his scrap book beside his bed. Tomorrow, he was going to paint her room over. He and his fiance were moving in together and he wanted the place to look spotless. It wouldn't be the same as having Dashie in the house, but it would be nice to have another person there. Some people had judged him for marrying late and having no children. He didn't listen to them. He had had a daughter many years ago. She wasn't human, but she was a daughter to him all the same. He knew she was gone. But he was OK with that. She was happy. And he knew he would see her again someday... someday.

Rainbow Dash stepped out of her bath and dried herself off. It had been a long, hard day and every bone in her body still ached. It didn't mean she wasn't happy though. She had the job she had always dreamed about, she was back with her friends again, and she was at peace.

Oh, and as for her job as a weather pony, Derpy had that one covered.


AUTHORS NOTE: Yeah... I know this chapter was really, really short. But I couldn't think of a good way to end this.
It took me maybe a week and a half to write, probably because I'm a really, really slow writer. This is my best fic so far (I think) and I did have to hold off a story I was writing for this. But it's only a short so it'll be out soon. As you can tell, Dashie is in most of my stories. :3 Yeah, this is really inaccurate. I mean, if it had been 2 years for Dashie, then he'd be dead. But anyways, hope you enjoyed :/
-Ps16

Comments ( 35 )

Crap... I'm forced to read anything MLD against my will. I'm still sad over its ending... six months after reading it...

tl;dr reading later

oh!

Speak of the devil, I was just recently (like an hour ago) looking through all the fanfiction material based off of MLD.

I should warn you, you're walking a fine line here; continuing on the story like you are... i do wish you luck :rainbowdetermined2:

~Syn3rgy

XiF

T'would be interesting if Dashie found the guy in a box. :3

whats with all the new stories based off of MLD?? i suppose i can't complain... as the story I'm currently working on was also inspired by MLD. Rob is amazing, and good luck on writing this story if you should continue it. (incomplete?). /)
ps, thumbs up and favourited ^.^

I think we can all agree MLD should be properly published for all ages :scootangel:

Yip

So fucking sick of My Little Dashie inspired fics.

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/facedesk.jpg

Ok, before I say my piece, hear this: This story is decently written and I do not detract from that fact.

Alright, now that we got that out of the way, I can say my two cents. I am really tired of My Little Dashie. It was a really good story and nothing is ever going to live up to it. NOTHING. Stop trying to gain your fame off of it. It is a dick move. Second, WHY MUST YOU BRING UP THE MEMORY OF THAT MIND-RAPING STORY?! I have never been able to be happy since reading it and you have to bring it up? Dick.

Man you made me cry many tear is so sad why this is the saddest ending ever :raritydespair::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::raritydespair:

There is already a very good sequel to My Little Dashie, so why did you even write this? :rainbowhuh:

good good... but very heart breakingall the smae :pinkiegasp:

Really?! Another MLD sequel?! I would love to rant on about why I dislike them so much, but... i.imgur.com/hYb7n.gif

Seriously, we DON'T need more MLD sequels.

749859 I'm not trying to live up to it. It's a fan fic based on it because I think it's a good story. I don't know if I put it in the description. BUT I AM NOT TRYING TO GET FAMOUS OFF IT. I know it's nowhere near as good as mld. :twilightoops:

752001 Ok, I know this isn't for everyone. If you dislike it, I guess that's OK. :ajbemused: Also, I like the Dr. Cox.

750770 to show my like for the fan fic. I know this is absolutely crap :trollestia:

749434 Ok... so you read a MLD fic because? :unsuresweetie:

751918 Um... no... but I don't see what that has to do with my rant besides my fifth thing, and wouldn't that still result in "send back to sender" fire? :rainbowhuh: His hiccups do.

>>pegasister16 hey Im sorry, I shouldn't have been so mean, just write whatever your heart desires. Who knows, you could end up writing a fic that could be as good as my little dashie!:twilightsmile:

748767 Not a single tear...
*rereads*
Nope, nothing. Same reaction from Cupcakes, as I commented in more detail last chapter.
752001 I believe I gave the canon-shattering reason why in the comments last chapter, and someone else gave five other reasons.

755885 Thanks, and that's ok :rainbowkiss: This is only my 2nd fic, but I'm starting on another more original idea that might be a bit better. :pinkiesmile:

760506 I did make a note at the end saying how inaccurate it was. I'm no good with accuracy. :pinkiecrazy:

748845 That would've been a way better idea :twilightsheepish:

748870 Thanks!! Oh and I forgot to change it, it now says complete. :yay:

748900 I noted that at the end. It's horribly inaccruate :applejackunsure:

760506 I'm glad I saved you some time in the future... I've pointed that out before, but nobody ever noticed my comment. Also, this is the first time someone used that clapping animation in response to something I did. Thanks, I guess...

760506 They efficientized the spell?

768042 Thankyou! And yeah, I need to proof read better :twilightblush: But thankyou for your support :pinkiehappy:

:raritydespair::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry: so sad in a good way:fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

773229 Thanks, and I'll look into that!! :rainbowkiss:

791234 no problem:twilightsmile:

A wub face :rainbowkiss:, 5 love hearts :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: and 10 Spikes for you :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

835002 Why thankyou!! Have some big Mac, Big Mac! :eeyup::heart:

This is fairly good. It's too bad you messed up the ending, though. Dashie's visit to the human world seemed overly rushed, too. I know they were on a time crunch; you said ten minutes, but what you described would have lasted a little over one minute.

In addition, Celestia is out of character. She's not that hotheaded, and it seemed like she gave in to Dash's request a little too easily. In fact, even the other characters noted in the story how OOC she was. I don't think it's that big of a deal in this case, though.

This story would have never went this way. I mean the story was greatexcept for the rushed ending, but I mean the characters. Twilight wouldn't keep that a secret from Dash for safety of Equestria. They dont know what could happen if a human were to come and well that's the joy of it; NOT knowing.

Login or register to comment