• ...
22
 48
 3,775

Daddy?

Twilight just stood in Rainbow Dash's attic, unsure of what to do.
"Twilight...?" Spike asked nervously.
"Be quiet Spike, I'm thinking."
"But Twilight!-" Spike was cut off. There was a 'pop!' and Twilight's wings disappeared. Twilight had used a different spell to the spell she had used on Rarity a few months back at the Cloudsdale competition. Spike and Twilight began falling to the ground screaming. Twilight hurriedly cast a spell to turn the ground soft. They both landed with a soft thud, passers by staring at them.
"Twilight, don't you think you're being a little hard on Rainbow Dash? I mean, she didn't have perfect parents like you, and her 'Dad' was with her for 15 years! That's like, 5 times my age, or something!"
"No. She needs to grow up! The safety of all the residents of Ponyville depends on her! She shouldn't be remembering him!"
Spike grew cross with his sister. "Twilight! You can't just separate a child from it's parent, and force them to forget about them! It's not natural!"
"Well it's fine then, because he's NOT HER PARENT!" She yelled back, before storming off in a huff. Suddenly, Spike burped.
"Ewww... oh wait..." Then Spike barfed out a scroll.
"Twilight, wait! It's from the Princess!!" Spike shouted, but Twilight had already stormed off. Out of curiosity, he peeped at the letter. It read;
Dear Twilight Sparkle,
I was shocked at what I read about Rainbow Dash. This is indeed an urgent matter that we must deal with immediately. I have spent the whole day thinking of a solution to our problems. Currently, the only solution I can think of is to seal Rainbow Dash off from the rest of the world. Obviously, this won't be forever, just until we can find a way to wipe her memory for good. We cannot allow anypony else to find out about these 'humans'. If the two worlds mix, who knows what could happen? You need to seal Rainbow Dash in an enclosed area for the time being. Preferably straight after reading this letter.
Do not show this letter to anypony else- not even Spike. We cannot risk anypony finding out about this.
-Princess Celestia x
Spike stared at the letter for another moment. He couldn't believe how these ponies were treating Rainbow Dash! There was no way he would risk Twilight seeing this, as sadly, she would not have hesitated to lock her FRIEND in a cell. Spike rushed off to find Rainbow Dash, after first burning the letter so that nopony would see it.

Twilight became anxious. A whole day and not a single letter from the Princess! She sat in her library waiting for Spike to return. Except... he didn't. Was he really that mad at her? Her rational mind began to kick in and she felt a little sorry for Rainbow Dash. She was still her friend after all. Spike was right, she had no idea what she was going through. She had two perfect parents that had done anything to help her succeed. Rainbow Dash's human 'father' really was the closest thing to a parent she ever had. She stood up from where she sat and ran to find her. She needed to go and apologize, find a way out of this mess.

Spike was in the middle of telling Rainbow Dash and Applejack the Princess's plan, when he burped up another scroll.
"What's it say?" Dash asked, not sure if she actually wanted to know. Spike unraveled the scroll.
"Dear Twilight Sparkle,
Seeing as I have not received a letter from you in over an hour, I can see you are struggling with this decision. Let me remind you that this isn't forever, it's to keep Rainbow Dash safe. I advise you follow my instructions promptly.
-Princess Celestia" Spike read in disgust.
"They can't do this to me! Not when I've just become a Wonderbolt!" Dash cried.
"Don't worry sugarcube. Twilight wouldn't do such a thing anyway. Celestia just don't realize what she's doin' that's all."
"Twilight wouldn't do what?" From behind the bushes, a purple unicorn approached. The three all exchanged a worried look. Finally, Spike stepped forward.
"The Princess sent me a letter regarding Rainbow Dash." he began.
"Really? Let me see!" Twilight held a hoof out eagerly towards Spike.
"That's the thing... I kind of... burnt it..."
"You did WHAT?!" Twilight asked in horror.
"Yeah, he burnt it!" Dash finally spoke up, "But it's only because it was instructing you to lock me up!"
Twilight stood in stunned silence. "B..but Celestia wouldn't order me to do something like that..."
Spike handed Twilight the other scroll. She read it and her eyes grew wide.
"I... well... I... I can't disobey the Princess..." She mumbled. Rainbow Dash began to panic.
"N..no! I-"
"But you're my friend. And you're more important to me than following orders." Twilight smiled, crumpling up the letter. She wrapped Rainbow Dash in a big hug.

Princess Celestia, on the other hand, was outraged. Her most faithful student had still not replied to her. She knew that she was choosing to disobey her teacher- her PRINCESS! And totally disregard the safety of the citizens of Equestria! She didn't want to do this, but she decided to take matters into her own hooves. Using her magic, she telelported herself into Ponyville. Thankfully, it was 4am by this time, so very few ponies were going to swarm her. She flew high in the sky, searching for the disobedient unicorn. Suddenly, she spotted a small group of ponies and a dragon. She could see who they were instantly. She was about to swoop down and pay them a visit, when a little white unicorn galloped below her.
"Princess Celestia?" She called in amazement.
"Please Rarity," She said as politely as possible, "Not now." Rarity had no idea what the Princess was doing out at this time. She continued to gallop below her.
"What are you doing out this late? Surely Princesses need their beauty sleep?"
Celestia sighed and flew down. She scowled at the unicorn mare.
"If you must know, I'm on my way to see Rainbow Dash. I need to umm... congratulate her on joining the Wonderbolts."
"Oh... she left the party ages ago. You should go again tomorrow darling."
"Oh no dear, that won't be necessary. In fact, I think I can see her over there!" Celestia galloped off into the distance, but Rarity galloped after her. Something was up, and she needed to find out what it was.

Twilight unwrapped from her hug upon hearing a noise.
"What's the matter Twilight?" Applejack asked in confusion.
"I think I can hear something... or someone..." Twilight replied nervously. Suddenly, a pale unicorn with a purple mane and tail stepped from behind the bushes.
"Rarity!" Spike cried happily.
"Yes, yes darling it's me. Listen, something's happened with Celestia." She said in a rush.
"What are you talking about?" Rainbow Dash said fearfully.
"I've just seen her now. She's acting all funny. Saying she was going to pay you a 'visit' or something." Everypony panicked. They were about to run, when Celestia stepped out behind them.
"Twilight Sparkle!" She said angrily, "How dare you disobey your princess!"
"Princess Celestia!" Twilight cried, "I'm so sorry! But I just couldn't do it! I can't lock any of my friends up, for however long!"
"Twilight." Celestia said more softly this time, "You and I both know that it's for the safety of everypony in Equestria. If a human gets in then-"
"But he won't get in!" Rainbow Dash interrupted, not caring who it was she was talking to, "All I want to know is why you took me from my Daddy! This has nothing to do with him getting into Equestria and you know it! If I could just see him one last time, then I'd forget about this whole damn thing!"
Celestia was stunned. Nopony, not even her sister, had dared to speak to her in that way. She was after all, the Princess of all Equestria. But instead of being filled with anger or rage, she was filled with sadness and pity. This pony had after all saved Equestria many many times. She may as well give her what she wanted.

The next day, 6 ponies packed their things and prepared to leave their world. Pinkie Pie jumped up and down in excitment.
"Oh my gosh! It's been ages since we've been to the human world I mean I can't even remember what it's like I wonder if it's changed hey Fluttershy do you think it's changed of course it probably has I mean seriously why wouldn't it Equestria changes all the-" Pinkie Pie was so excited that Applejack had to shove a hoof in her friend's mouth to shut her up. Rarity walked over to Rainbow Dash, who was eagerly packing.
"Darling, you don't need to wear your Wonderbolt costume where we're going!" She laughed.
"No. I just want to show this to my Daddy." She replied.
"You know Rainbow Dash... you shouldn't be too disappointed if he... doesn't remember you or anything. It has been 2 years." Fluttershy said softly.
"Don't worry. I know he can't forget his own daughter."

Rainbow Dash walked up the path to the house. She could remember this place well. Over the past few days, her memories had cleared up a little. She remembered that her Daddy had bought this house just for her, so that they could be together in a quiet place. As she neared the door, she grew more and more nervous. What if Fluttershy was right? What if he didn't remember her? Twilight walked up to her shoulder.
"Rainbow Dash. Remember, the Princess only sent us here for 10 minutes. Don't get too attached, OK?"
Dash nodded silently. Princess Celestia was only doing this to make her shut up about her father, she knew that. The Princess had a reputation to keep up, and if the other ponies found out that she had planned to keep her locked up for such a reason, they wouldn't be happy.

Rainbow Dash reached the front porch. She knocked on the door. Her nerves boiled up inside her. Slowly, the door creaked open. Standing there, was the man from her flashes. He just stood there, staring at her in shock.

"Daddy?"