• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 410 Views, 2 Comments

Clubhouse of Horror IV - Grenazers



Lost in a corn maze, the crusaders tell each other scary stories to pass the time.

  • ...
 2
 410

Epilogue

Applebloom took a quick look outside the hollowed out tree she and her friends were in. Seeing that the coast is clear, the little yellow inform this news to her two friends.

“Alright girls, looks like that like little critter has scampered somewhere else. Let’s get going before it decides to come back.”

All three crusaders left their hiding place and wander back into the corn maze, hoping this time they’ll be able to find a way out.

This went on for a couple of seconds before the sudden appearance of the three floating ghosts from before. Scared, the crusaders bolted right past them and turn around corner. Right at that same moment, the little critter quickly ran out of the corn wall and spook the fillies.

This causes them to turn around and went straight in the other direction.

The crusaders kept on galloping until miraculously, they gallop pass the maze exit.

Upon exiting the corn maze, the three fillies stopped to catch their breath.

This did not last long as the three ghosts from before appear before them. In response the crusaders were about to turn and gallop away, but their unseen hunter quickly dash across them, stopping them in their tracks.

With the ghosts behind them and the creature blocking their path, the fillies thought they done for.

That is until Sweetie notice something about the ghost. The little unicorn filly could hear the faint sound of wings fluttering coming from the three ghost. Not only that, upon a closer look she could see that the ghosts were made of cloth.

Using her magic, Sweetie Belle pull the cloth off, revealing a bird underneath.

“Hey they’re not ghost.” Sweetie inform her two friends.

With their secret out the other two ghosts took their disguise off and reveal themselves as birds as well.

“Wait a second, if they’re birds, then what was chasing us?” Applebloom questioned.

Suddenly she felt something tapping the back of her leg and this startled the yellow filly. Looking down she saw the mischievous smile of a small white bunny.

“Angel!” Applebloom said, recognizing Fluttershy’s pet.

“Angel?” Both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo said in unison. “

“What is he doing here?” Sweetie Belle questioned.

“And why was he messing with us?” Scootaloo asked.

In response Angel made several gestures with his paws, something he does to communicate with other ponies who aren’t Fluttershy.

“So let me get this straight, you and the rest of Fluttershy’s animals notice us lost in the corn maze and then decide to help us out by scaring us towards the direction of the exit.” Applebloom said.

“Wait you got all that?” Scootaloo questioned. “Cause I barely understand him at all.”

“Well I got the gist of it really.” She explained.

“Yeah well that’s no excuse to scare us like that.” Sweetie turn to face Angel and the birds, but when she did they were gone. “Hey where did they go?"

“Doesn’t matter Sweetie Belle, we’re out of corn maze. We can now finally enjoy the rest of Nightmare Night!”

“Applebloom’s right, let’s just get out of here and enjoy Nightmare Night.” Scootaloo stated.

And so the night ends with the three Crusaders heading into town to spend the rest of the night celebrating this annual holiday. And thus end another Nightmare Night.

Comments ( 1 )

Spelling mistakes, misused words, and grammar issues have returned- a bit worse than three, but still better than one and two.

The change of venue is nice, and the stories are good two.
I especially appreciate the use of Fearsome Critters in the third and final tale "The Hidebehind".
I feel "Horror Door" has the most interesting concept, but could be structured a bit better.
I enjoyed "A Voice in the Dark", but I feel like it ended a bit abruptly.

Overall, though one of the shorter entries in the series, it's a good time.

Login or register to comment