• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 408 Views, 2 Comments

Clubhouse of Horror IV - Grenazers



Lost in a corn maze, the crusaders tell each other scary stories to pass the time.

  • ...
 2
 408

Act 2- A Voice In The Dark

“So girls what did you think of that?” Scootaloo asked her two friends about her story. “Pretty great right?” She said sounding proud of herself.

“I liked it a lot, Scootaloo.” Applebloom spoke.

“I thought it was alright, could use some minor tweaking in some areas.” Sweetie commented on her friend’s story.

“Oh really like what?”

As Scootaloo listen in to Sweetie Belle’s explanation, Applebloom suddenly heard some rustling sound come from the corn behind her.
Turning her head to the source of that sound, she quickly caught the glimpse of something small moving between the corn walls.

“Um girls, I don’t think we’re alone out here.” Applebloom warned her two friends.

“Really is somepony around?”

“No Sweetie Belle, it wasn’t a pony.” Applebloom stated. “It was something small.”

At that moment all three fillies heard a rustling noise and saw a small creature moving between the corn walls. It moved so fast none them got a good look on the little creature.

“What was that?” Scootaloo questioned.

“I don’t know Scoot, but I don’t want to stick around and find out.” Applebloom answered. “I think its best we keep moving.”

To this none of her friends object to this idea and all quickly stood up and trot through the corn maze again.

Deciding it was best to keep their mind of what that thing was, Applebloom looked to Sweetie Belle to continue their session.

“So Sweetie Belle, do you have a story you want to share?”

“Sure Applebloom, I got one.”

Clearing her throat she opened her mouth. “My tale is about a little filly making a new friend. An imaginary friend. At first the father though nothing of it, until he began hearing about the terrible things she has been doing at her school and told eveypony that it was her imaginary friend that told her to do it. When he confronted her about this, she told him that he too can communicate with her friend by staying quiet in a dark room. Deciding to try it out, the father soon discovers that she was telling the truth for he has heard…”

A VOICE IN THE DARK

Once upon a time there was a pegasus stallion named Sky Dive.

The stallion was a single parent. His wife left him, leaving him to take care of their daughter.

Sky faced many hardships for being a single parent, but through it all he worked hard enough to support himself and his daughter.

However, in recent years Sky has been very busy with work lately. He spends many hours away from home, leaving her daughter all alone by herself. Because of this Sunny quickly grew up without a father being there to see it.

Then one day when Sky was at home, he discovered that Sunny made a friend today. Apparently it was an imaginary friend as he sees her talking to nopony. Now from what he had heard, this was nothing to worry about as most children developed an imaginary companion to play with.

So for the next couple of days, whenever he comes home from work, he would always hear Sunny playing with her imaginary friend and for while things were normal.

That was until he got the messages.

All the messages he received all came from the teachers at her school. Each letters informing him of the terrible things she did to her teachers and other children.

They listed out the things she done, each one getting worse then the last. Sky could hardly believe the stuff his daughter did, that his own daughter, Sunny was capable of committing such terrible deeds.

When he confronted her about this, the young filly explained that she was only doing it because her imaginary friend told her to do it.

Of course he didn’t believe her and the two got into an argument. This ended with her being sent to her room and with Sky sitting alone in the kitchen, lamenting over the situation. The last thing she said to him before she went to room was that if he wanted to talk to her friend, then all he had to do was go into a dark place and stay silent.

Sky Dive decided to call it a night and head off to bed. As he brushes his teeth, the words of his daughter pop up his head. If he wanted to talk to her friend, all he needed was to be in a dark place and not make any sound at all.

For whatever reason, Sky tested this out in his washroom. Closing the light, he stayed motionless in the dark and not uttering a single word.

A couple of minutes passed and nothing happens. Sky at this point gave up on this experiment and left the washroom. Climbing onto his bed, the stallion laid his head down and closes his eyes.

Just as he was about to fall asleep, that was when he heard the voice.

Hello Sky Dive.

Sky Dive’s eyes open wide and he sat straight up. He looked around the room and saw nothing but darkness in his room. He could’ve sworn somepony called out to him

That is correct Sky, I did call out to you.

Hearing the voice again, Sky immediately got off the bed and pulls the baseball bat under his bed. He then held his weapon up, readying himself to fight against this intruder. Sky then yells at the voice to come out and reveal himself.

Put the bat down Sky, I’m not here to hurt you. Beside you can’t even hurt me.

Sky asked him why he can’t hurt him.

Because, as you can clearly see, I’m not in the room with you. Well technically I am, but not in any physical form.

Confused, Sky demand to know what he was talking about.

Well that is kind of hard to explain really. The closest to your understanding is that I am simply a voice with no body to speak from.

Sky, did not felt at ease with this voice, despite him answering his questions. His answers only seem to raise more questions for the stallion. However, there was one question he needed ask. He asked why he came to him.

I sense you were calling out to me. Sorry for the wait, I was busy talking to another pony, Sunny.

Upon hearing him say his daughter’s name, Sky immediately remember their conversation from early and how she told him that her imaginary friend was the one who told her to do those terrible things.

Well I wouldn’t say I told her, it was more of a suggestion really.

Sky wanted to know why he was telling her to do those terrible things.

The answer is really quite simple, Sky. I am her darkest thoughts. I am filled with her hatred, her cruelty, her sadism and all sorts of terrible things. To put it simply Sky, your little daughter is quite twisted.

Sky refuses to believe this voice’s words. He claims that he knows his daughter and that she was not that kind of pony.

Do you really know her, Sky? Do you really know how mess up your daughter is? Because let me tell ya, you really don’t your daughter at all.

Angry, Sky yells at the voice and told him to leave his daughter alone.

Can’t do that, Sky. As long as your daughter is way she is, I’m not going away for a very long time.

After the voice was finished, he didn’t hear anything else from him. Assuming he was gone, Sky Dive sat on his bed and ponders what to do next.

Late into the night, the stallion laid on his bed. However, instead of peacefully sleeping, his head was still plagued with ideas of trying to find a solution to his problem. He would spend all night like that until he eventually fell asleep from exhaustion.

The next morning, Sky finally came up with a plan. It came to him in a dream. The only reason why she was like this was because he was not being a good father. Not spending any time with her, always at work, what his daughter needed was a good old bonding time with her father.

So for the next couple of days, Sky Dive would dedicate his time by spending it with his daughter. This idea seems to work as he has never seen his Sunny so happy in her life. So happy in fact the stallion never heard any mentioning of her imaginary friend, nor does he ever see her talking to him.

Assuming that his plan work and the voice is gone, he quietly celebrated his triumph victory. For while a everything was going right for the stallion.

However, that is until one fateful day when he was about to get a very special surprise. Force to work late again, Sky Dive didn’t return home somewhere late in the evening. As the tired stallion opened the door he was met with pitch black darkness.

As he enters his home, a single light was lit up above the dining table. Sitting next to the table was his smiling daughter, Sunny and a birthday cake. On the cake there were words that said: Happy Birthday Daddy!

Sky was surprise by this and then smiled afterwards. He forgotten that it his birthday and happy his own little filly remembered it for him.

As he sat down to eat his slice of the cake, he fail to notice Sunny not grabbing a slice of cake for herself. When he finished eating his piece that was when it started to kick in. All of sudden the stallion felt a tremendous pain to his chest and he collapse to the floor.

As he struggled to get up, he saw his daughter calmly getting up and standing over him. He looked up to her face and sees her smiling. However, this was not the childish, friendly smile he seen before before. Instead what he saw on her face was pure wicked and malice smile.

See what I mean, Sky. You really don’t know your own daughter at all. But, don’t worry I’ll take good care of her.

With those final words, Sunny trot over her dying father and disappearing into the darkness. Sky last moments before passing away was shedding a single tear from his eye and then closing them.