• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 2,722 Views, 16 Comments

Sunset's Old Jacket - CrunchTheRobot



Adagio receives an unexpected token of friendship from Sunset.

  • ...
3
 16
 2,722

Back Home

Adagio pulled out a key and unlocked the door to her apartment, slipping off her shoes off but keeping the jacket on for now. She walked down the hall to her living room to see her roommates watching cartoons on the TV.

“You two haven’t even moved since I left, have you?” Adagio inquired.

“Of course not, duh! It’s the season finale to my favourite show, and I’m not missing a single second of it! Only two more hours to go!” Sonata exclaimed, “And I even got Aria to watch it with me! It only took me half an hour of asking over and over again, but she finally agreed to it! Watching these things are always better with another person! Right, Aria?”

Aria grunted and turned her head towards Adagio, away from Sonata’s view, and mouthed the words “help me”, to which Adagio giggled to herself.

Aria’s face then perked up at the look of the jacket Adagio was wearing.

“You know I finished doing the laundry, right? You didn’t need to go out and buy a new jacket y’know, sheesh. That’s not even your usual style, anyways.” Aria stated flatly.

“I didn’t buy it, believe it or not. Someone actually gave this to me.”

“Who would actually just give something to you, let alone a perfectly good leather jacket like that?” Aria asked with a very skeptical look.

“Well, er, that’s not really important, now is it?” Adagio retorted, with her hands on her hips.

Aria glanced up and down the jacket with the same skeptical expression, before shrugging and turning her expression back to the TV.

“Whatever, I guess not. It does look pretty good on you, though,” Aria said.

“Oh, I know it does, but thanks,” Adagio stated with her usual tone of confidence, as she turned and headed to her room.

As the door to Adagio’s room closed, Sonata turned to Aria, who was still watching the TV with a bored look on her face.

“Aria, I feel like I may have seen that around somewhere before, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe it - “

“You’re missing the part where what’s-his-name looks like he’s kicking the bucket,” Aria pointed out.

Wide-eyed and panicked, Sonata turned back to the TV and ran up to it, pressing her face across on the screen.

“No! No! That’s not how it was supposed to end! He was supposed to liiiive, darnit!”

Sonata promptly picked up the TV and hurled it out the nearest window.


Sunset Shimmer sat on top of her bed, smiling to herself. She pulled out her journal and a pen, and began to write,

Dear Princess Twilight,

How are things for you and the girls in Ponyville? I hope Rarity setting up her second boutique in Canterlot is going well. Be sure to tell her I wish her the best of luck! For the most part, things haven’t been too crazy here, but after everything that’s happened, I think that’s exactly what we all need.

Oh, I have some great news! You remember the Dazzlings from the Battle of the Bands that happened a while ago, right? I’m not sure if you recall, but the six of us here tried to befriend them a little while ago, just so we could try to help them, but unfortunately we had no luck. I actually ran into Adagio earlier this evening, and it turns out things had been going pretty terribly for them, since most people in town still don’t trust them quite yet.

I plan on spending time with her as much as I can, hopefully her spending time with me gets people to realize that she isn’t as bad as everyone thinks she is. I think her and the other Dazzlings really need something like this, but for now I’m just taking it slow. I know from personal experience that everyone deserves a second chance, and these three are no exception.
I’ll let you get back to your studies, I need to get some sleep. Take care!

Your friend,

Sunset Shimmer

Author's Note:

Thanks to everyone who read Sunset's Old Jacket!

I wrote this because I thought this picture I drew needed something to go along with it. After I finished most of the story, I needed to draw a new cover to reflect the fic better. So my cover is based on a fic based on another thing I drew. Funny how that works, eh?

Comments ( 11 )

I wrote this because I thought this picture I drew needed something to go along with it.

I know part of that feel.

After I finished most of the story, I needed to draw a new cover to reflect the fic better. So my cover is based on a fic based on another thing I drew.

I don't really draw, so that feel I don't know at all. :twilightsheepish:

Not bad! I'm always a bit of a sucker for the 'talk in a coffee shop' type fics, :derpytongue2:
s6.postimg.org/dd47s96ap/Pirate_Approved.jpg

6421742
I'm glad you understand what I feel (at least partly). Sometimes you just see something and think, Oh man, this needs a story to go with it, and I need it now. :raritystarry:

6422039
Haha, thanks! I'll admit that I'm with you there about being a sucker for coffee shop stories. I think that's actually why I decided to go with that setting, since it's something I know I already enjoy. :twilightsmile:

Enjoyable even through I've seen this before, I think the detail into what Adagio experiences is done really well. Through for the life of me I can't pinpoint why.

I liked! :pinkiehappy:
I love your drawing style is very good :rainbowkiss:
You should draw more often, and do a sequel, well, maybe :twilightsheepish:
very good work friend :raritywink:

6422039 Eye lad! This story shall not go to Adagio's locker.

6422825 Im sure that by 'drawing' style you mean writing style, don't you?

EDIT: I take it back, I didn't see the link in the authors comments. Sorry for that unnecessary notification I brought upon you, that must have just ruined your day, what with the red light and the number, of the horror of it all!

6423808
There are 46 stories in Sundagio group. Some of them are are rather simular (but not like complete ccopy) to this.

Even the haters can't hate on something this cute.:rainbowkiss:

“Aria, I feel like I may have seen that around somewhere before, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe it - “

Figured one of them would recognize it.

Sonata promptly picked up the TV and hurled it out the nearest window.

She needs help. Serious help.

Login or register to comment