• Published 8th Sep 2015
  • 670 Views, 0 Comments

Old Friends Meet New Friends - JusSonic



Twilight's old friends from Canterlot visits her in Ponyville.

  • ...
 0
 670

Chapter 1

Old Friends Meet New Friends

The scene changes to the train station in where it was making it’s stop within Ponyville. And during the time of departing its travelers, there were some ponies that were recognizable. They were Minuette, Lemon Hearts, & Twinkle Shine, they were of course Twilight Sparkle’s old friends from Canterlot, how after having met their pal again, some interesting moments took place in which their friendship was rekindle anew by the princess herself. And now it seems they are here on a visiting trip of sorts…

“We’re here girls, Ponyville!” Lemon Hearts stated off in seeing where they have landed in.

“This’ll be so exciting, are you excited?” Minuette asked off in who was excited in where they are now.

“I am, hey Moondancer, you coming out?” Twinkle Shine replied off to say this while turning to see their friend coming up.

“Um, yes…just…getting my things.” Moondancer responded as we see her with some saddlebag that she was carrying along with another bag she was tugging a bit.

“Can you believe it, we’ll get to visit Twilight for a change!” Lemon Hearts stated off in how things are looking that they will be visiting their old pal Twilight, since she came to visit them before.

“And not just her, but Spike, Ben, & little Nyx too!” Twinkle Shine pointed out in who else they will be seeing along with Twilight, her little family.

“It’ll be just like before, remember? Hah, it felt like yesterday.” Minuette sighs off to say this in recalling such happy moments of when Twilight & those that came with her visit Canterlot to see them.

“Technically, it was almost one to two weeks since we’ve seen Twilight.” Moondancer pointed out in how long it’s been since they last saw their friends.

“And then somewhere between there, we ended up having some strange fun times!” Lemon Hearts pointed out in what happened to them afterwards that they were going through an adventure of their own.

“By fun, you mean nearly getting fooled by some mare who was gonna take our cutie marks & because we were Twilight’s old friends.” Moondancer rolled her eyes in stating how some strange unicorn mare wanted to make them ‘equal’ to things & that meant they were targets from being connected to Twilight Sparkle, who caused Starlight Glimmer to lose her cult & the work she spent trying to achieve such a thing.

“Well, she did do her homework to know that much about us, right?” Minuette smiled off a bit to look on the brighter picture of things when thinking about such a thing.

“Maybe too well, she nearly got us, nearly made me almost lose the friendship I just found again.” Moondancer spoke off in feeling a bit down in what she almost did, shut cause she had second thoughts about the friendship Twilight ruin for her on her birthday in the past, & after making it right….she had doubt because of Starlight Glimmer’s words that really hit her deeply.

“Don’t worry Moondancer, we all make mistakes, little things & big things. We were as much fooled as anyone else.” Twinkle Shine patted her friend’s shoulder to calmly state this to make it be easier for the mare to not be so discouraged.

Moon Dancer smiled from the cheering up thing that her friends were helping her out with. Knowing that if they were not around, she be alone, & probably be an easy prey to be manipulated. Thankfully, when the events of Starlight Glimmer tried to trick them, Flash Sentry, Sunset Shimmer & Lyra Heartstrings came to the rescue just in the nick of time.

“Come on, I want to see where you said Twilight lives now!” Moondancer exclaimed to say this in wanting to see where Twilight now lives in some new castle.

“Well, we heard she use to live in a library?” Lemon Hearts pondered off to say in remembering the Old Oak Library, before it was destroyed by Tirek’s last rampage.

“But then she got her castle afterwards.” Twinkle Shine smiled off in knowing what Twilight got in the aftermath of her new home.

“So, I think it’s that way, that we can find the castle.” Minuette pointed off in a direction in where they can find Twilight’s new castle.

“Well, I suppose it’s a better place to find a Princess if Friendship,” Moondancer smiled off to make a slight joke that if Twilight’s a princess, then she should be in the only castle that’s miles around.

Now Moondancer and her friends continue on their path in heading straight for the castle that was just beyond their path. The scene goes dark around now, as many questions wonder…what will happen when Twilight’s old friends visit the princess in Ponyville, well….lets watch & see…

-----------------------

The scene changes to Rainbow Castle, in which we find the Mane Six,, along with Ben Mare, Nyx, Spike & Phobos were around the Council Of Friendship table. Right now, those that have gathered were preparing themselves for another important gathering to talk about things, course what to talk about would be announced. And right now, some were heard yawning from being a bit tired, & it’s probably no wonder on an account that they all experienced a dream adventure with Princess Luna involving the Tantabus.

“Hugh, man, I feel kinda tired.” Rainbow Dash sighs off to admit that she felt tired at this time.

“How can ye say yer tired?” Applejack raised an eyebrow in hearing Rainbow Dash say something like that.

“Well hey, it’s only been about a few days, since that Tantabus Matter was settled!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed to say in what they last experienced that was a mouthful.

“Why yes, it was, but….I thought you were getting better sleep.” Rarity stated to say this while pondering if Rainbow Dash was not over such a thing.

“I was, but even afterwards, I still feel like I wanna stay in bed!” Rainbow Dash sighs off to say this in what made her feel like from having such a long dream, one doesn’t wanna wake up.

“Well, I have heard that sometimes, when you have long dreams, they make you Soooooooo….tired, that even if you’re up, you aren’t fully awake yet!” Pinkie Pie spoke off to say this in recalling something that was a topic about still being half-asleep.

“Oh my, I didn’t know oversleeping had such an effect.” Fluttershy meekly spoke off in having heard something like that before.

“Okay everyone, lets try to focus on what to do now.” Twilight spoke off in trying to change the subject before they get too into it.

“What are the topics, Twilight?” Spike asked off in not knowing what kind of topics they are gonna be talking about.

“Well for one thing, this coming Apple Festival.” Twilight spoke off in stating the first coming up event.

“Hoo doggy! Dat there’s an Apple Family’s holiday ta enjoy!” Applejack smiled off to sound happy in having heard something that involves one thing; apples, the kind her family is known to grow for Ponyville.

“Yes, I’ve taken the liberty to know when we’re schedule to do it.” Twilight pointed out in already thinking ahead of what’s to be coming up very soon.

“Right, as long as nothing else goes wrong.” Phobos rolled his eyes in stating this matter if all things go well without problems.

“Come on Phobos, it’s a nice festival, what’s wrong with that?” Nyx stated to remind her pet pal that such a thing would be nice for many to enjoy.

“Well Nyx, nothing is wrong with a festival, just that….we need to expect….um….unexpected party crashers.” Ben slowly was stating off the fact that sometimes, festivals may have some folks that…crash in on the party.

“Oh-oh! Like, some pals coming in all of a sudden!” Pinkie Pie raised her hoof up in thinking that was what certain party crashers are, but…

“Ben means, Pinkie Pie, is if someone came to crash & ruin the moment of the party.” Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes in stating this off in what they are actually talking about.

“WHAT!” Pinkie Pie yelps off in being shock, who would ruin a party, that’s just plain mean.

“Another matter that’s making me worry is that from the Tantabus little act & that Luna felt responsible seem to have caused some unhappy settlers.” Twilight spoke off in mentioning another matter about some folks that have started to become noticed in their…unhappy moments of what has been happening lately.

“Who are they?” Spike asked off in not sure who Twilight was talking about.

“Well, they were some of the ponies that criticize Princess Celestia’s choices, from when Tirek was revived, even if they were turn to normal, their view of the evil that brings harm to them all is made a negative effect.” Twilight explained forth this matter in which the credit type ponies that felt Celestia was not doing enough are starting to build a negative outlook on the running of Equestria from the useless efforts of the Royal Sisters.

“Ugh, why do guys like that feel that my mom is responsible for these messes, now they wanna blame my Aunt Luna too?” Ben groans off to say in having heard more folks thinking that so much trouble is happening, & because his mother & aunt can’t do much about it.

“For now, we’ll be going over a lot of these to figure out how to solve them…” Twilight sighs off to say this in looking at a few scrolls that had listed things on what to do.

Then without warning, the Royal Guards of the Rainbow Castle; Fred & Barney, make their appearance before the group.

“Princess Twilight, you have some arrived guests here!” Fred spoke out in stating that the princess has some guest here.

“Yep, four of them that came from Canterlot, says they know you from school.” Barney pointed out in what sorta friends were here, ones Twilight knows.

After hearing that, Twilight drops everything to which she ran to the front of the castle doors, as everyone else follows along. Then as soon as the castle doors opened, outside, stood four friends Twilight knows about that came from Canterlot.

“Minuette, Lemon Hearts, Twinkle Shine, Moondancer!” Twilight spoke out in surprise & joy before stepping outside to greet those here. “What are you all doing here?” She asked off in what her pals from Canterlot are doing.

“Silly, we came to visit. Isn’t that what friends do, visit one another?” Minuette smiled off to mention this to her friend.

“She’s got you there Twilight.” Pinkie Pie smiled off to say this when the others arrived to see who was visiting. “Hey there Minuette!” She spoke out to say hi to a friend that she knows.

“Hey there Pinkie Pie!” Minuette replied back before the two mares hug another in a friendly greeting.

“Well, it’s lovely to see you all again…” Rarity smiled off in simply stating how good it is to see some familiar faces.

“Yep, so are you here on business, or…” Nyx was about to ask this question that was on the mind, when….

“Actually, we came to hang out with Twilight & all of you.” Lemon Hearts smiled off in stating that they are here to see their old friend & hang with those Twilight is always with.

“Right, just like Twilight & most of you came to visit us.” Twinkle Shine stated that since Twilight, Spike & their family visited, they thought about doing the same.

“Sounds awesome, way more interesting than daily boring duty.” Rainbow Dash smiled off in liking the sounds of this activity they can do.

“Rainbow, wha we’re doin’ is serious business!” Applejack issued off in stating that they also have important work to do around here as well.

“Well, still, it’s not every day Twilight’s other friends come over to see her. Oh my, I don’t wanna be rude & ask them to come again later.” Fluttershy meekly was saying this in a nervous response that it would be rude to turn away those that are old friends to any of them.

“How’s about this, we all go out to Sugarcube Corner, get a bite to eat, & chat with one another?” Ben smiled off in suggesting that they can hang out while getting something to eat along the way.

“Sounds tasty to me, who can say no to free food?” Phobos smiled off in saying this as he felt hungry right now.

“But who’s paying?” Nyx asked off the big question of who will pay for the meal.

“Don’t worry, in honor of Twilight’s pals visiting, it’s on me, so let’s go!” Pinkie Pie smiled off to say this that this meal out with old & new friends will be on her.

“Well if Pinkie’s treating, then I guess we’re all in!” Rainbow Dash smiled off to say this in liking how this was turning out.

“Well, we don’t wanna be a bother since…you’re a princess, and all…” Moondancer spoke off in feeling a bit bashful if Twilight was too busy to hang out, her job is pretty busy.

“Nonsense, you came all this way, so…lets hang.” Twilight smiled off to honestly say this which put a smile on Moondancer’s face.

Everyone was in agreement there as many decided that they will continue to chat, catch up on some things while having a nice outing. The scene begin to fad out around now, as a few more things will play out…

----------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the scene changes to what’s happening at Sugarcube Corner, we soon find that Mr. & Mrs. Cake are serving their pastry meals to the Mane Six, Ben, Nyx, & the baby Dragons, along with four other mares that have come into the place.

“Wow, this place is just like Donut Joe’s donut shop!” Twinkle Shine pointed out in comparing the two shops from Canterlot & Ponyville.

“Only it serves pastry cakes & stuff.” Lemon Hearts stated off that there were two different things to expect.

“But still, this is a pretty nice place to hang & eat out.” Minuette smiled off in stating what they like when they eat together.

“I know, right! I got a sweet job working here.” Pinkie Pie smiled off to say this while eating her next cake piece happily.

“So how have things been here?” Twinkle Shine asked off in starting off with a topic here.

“Well darlings, a few days ago, we just got settled in helping Princess Luna out.” Rarity stated off in saying this about what they did that was recent of their last adventure.

“Really, weird, I think I dreamed about Princess Luna, you were there, & you, all of us were there!” Lemon Hearts stated off in recalling a weird dream in which it felt like she saw everyone here….but in a dream.

“Reckon so, cause Princess Luna made many ponies in Ponyville share 'de same dream space.” Applejack nodded off in stating that such a thing did happen, during a matter with the

“It was during the moment, we were trying to find the Tantabus.” Fluttershy spoke out in stating this about having to help catch a strange creature.

“What’s that?” Moondancer raised an eyebrow in not knowing what the heck is a Tantabus, it’s new to her.

“It was a dream creature that was amorphous, that infests & feeds on ponies’ dreams, turning them into nightmares. Princess Luna stated it grows stronger with each additional pony’s dreams it infest, with enough power, it would have the potential to escape into the real world.” Twilight explained off in what the Tantabus was, how it was created to do one thing until it got out of control that it went after other ponies & their dreams.

“Astonishing, I never consider something like that to be possible.” Moondancer spoke off to say in being fascinated by this topic talk.

“Believe me; that was something no one in their wildest dreams ever thought about.” Ben rolled his eyes in stating what they went through, was something none believe even in their dreams…which was related to the topic.

“Or the fact dat Big Mac ever wondered ta be a unicorn with them magic, or heck, even turn into an Alicorn! Ah never would have dreamt dat up!” Applejack spoke off in stating what surprised her from her big brother wanting to use magic, who have thunk it?

“I think I even saw Lyra Heartstrings connected to Sweetie Drops, with now flank, and…..oh dear….it really was something.” Fluttershy shyly spoke off to mention what else she saw, two ponies of the same body, that was like having two heads, but….weirder…

“Which secretly, Sweetie Drops is really Bon-Bon….but don’t tell no one…it’s a secret….I think. Oh well…” Pinkie Pie whispered this out to the others while being…random, like always.

“And what about Filthy Rich, the guy was using the power of COINS to fight, I heard of wasting money, but not like that!” Phobos pointed out in what even Diamond Tiara’s father was able to do, it was unthinkable.

“Who knows if there are some that even do that? Course, if there were gems hitting us, we take the gem bullet.” Spike shrug off to say this while smirking on the thought of getting tossed something Dragons can eat, gems.

“Oh brother!” Nyx rolled her eyes in having to hear a topic about food.

“And of course, I dreamt I was a dashing Dragon knight, riding my GIANT steed with a lance, & everything!” Spike bragged off in recalling how he became heroic & that with a giant size Derpy, he went off to be like a Dragon knight of action.

“Heck, you should have seen Scootaloo, she dreamt up super large wings to make a powerful gust. And I even became a super-fast hero right out of a comic.” Rainbow Dash bragged off in commenting her number one fan in what a Pegasus filly who has short wings, did that was surprising….that, & she became a superhero in a costume.

“Ye ain’t de only one, Ah became one as well ta lasso de critter when Twilight sick it off with flying’ bat books.” Applejack smiled off to mention what she also did when Twilight was also helping out as well.

“You did that?” Moondancer raised an eyebrow about the topic of making bat-like books attack in one’s dream.

“Eh-heh, yeah….weird, right?” Twilight chuckled sheepishly in responding to such a question.

“Course when Fluttershy & me had our monstrous nightmare bunny & Demon Pony attack, it was….kinda strange, but kinda interesting.” Ben stated off in recalling what the other two did that really helped out in a giant-size matter, scary creatures they feared helping out, now that was something else.

“But why did it happen?” Moondancer asked off the biggest question, why did that all happen.

“It was because Luna created the Tantabus to punish herself for her actions as Nightmare Moon, it kept crippling her guilt to make it strong enough to escape.” Twilight explained the part of what they were up against that the Tantabus almost escaped, because it not only feed on other ponies, but the guilt from Luna to almost enter their world from the dream realm.

“Hugh!” Twinkle Shine, Minuette, & Lemon Hearts gasped in hearing something that sounded scary at first until…they heard the rest.

“But Luna managed to let go of her tortured past & that helped causes the Tantabus to lose its power before Luna draw it back inside herself.” Twilight explained that just as things looked their worse, but in the end, Luna overcall her doubt which defeated such a creature.

“My, that certainly sounds even more devastating to experience taen what happened when you invited me to dine with our friends.” Moon Dancer stated off in recalling what happened when she was invited to dinner to hang with Twilight & the others, while that was not so well for her, this Tantabus matter was way worse to experience.

“Hugh, you know…we never did hear that story.” Rainbow Dash rub her chin to ponder this off in having heard about such a case.

“Right, Twilight only came & took Pinkie Pie & left us.” Applejack stated off that Twilight came back, only to leave with the pink pal of theirs.

“Well, you see everyone, this was after the dinner to help Moon Dancer which became…” Twilight was about to say something about the matter, but….

“Disastrous? Oops, um…continue darling!” Rarity cuts in to say, but yelps in seeing that was rude of her, & offered Twilight to continue on.

“Anyway, I went back to Ponyville, just me & Spike to get Pinkie Pie.” Twilight pointed out in what she & Spike did when they left Canterlot.

“Yeppers! They fetch me for Moondancer's party!” Pinkie Pie happily replied off to say with a happy cheery voice.

“Well, Nyx, Phobos & I stayed behind to talk to Moondancer again.” Ben stated off in what they did to try to help convince Moondancer by their own method.

“Well, at least when Nyx started speaking to me, I kinda got to know her…because she, Ben & Phobos open up to me about having gone through worse things!” Moondancer exclaimed to say with a smile in thinking back to that time….

Soon a blurry flashback begins to take over the screen now….

-------------------------------

IN THE PAST AFTER THE DINNER DISASTER!

The scene opens up to where we find Moon Dancer was seen at Canterlot’s library, reading a book at her desk. The mare was obviously still upset about what happened at the restaurant & tried to bury herself in her books. Then she heard someone coming up to her table, to disturb her.

“Ugh, who is it?” Moondancer spoke out in feeling like she was getting interrupted so often, who is it now?

When she looked up, she found a familiar Earth Pony stallion poked his head in the room.

“Hey, it's me and Nyx.” Ben started off to say this, but then Phobos clears his throat to get some attention here. “And of course, Phobos too. Look, we came over here to talk to you.” Ben pointed out another member before getting down to business of wanting to talk to the mare.

“Hugh….fine!” Moondancer sighs in seeing more of Twilight’s pals of her family are trying to interrupt her study time. “What do you want to talk about, but make it quick…I’m trying to study.” She issued off that she just wants to study here.

“Brother, it’s like a different version of Twilight!” Phobos rolled his eyes in seeing this Moondancer is like a more serious Twilight in studying than just kick back to have fun with pals.

At this moment, Ben & Phobos let Nyx walked up to the mare who was sitting with her books near her as the black filly clears her throat before speaking.

“We’re sorry about how dinner didn’t turn out.” Nyx spoke out in apologizing for what happened when Moondancer didn’t enjoy her time at a nice restaurant to hang with her old pals. “When I got here, I was very excited to get to know my mommy’s old friends.” She stated off to mention this in what she was looking forward to doing here.

“That’s great, is that all?” Moondancer rolled her eyes in hearing this filly talk about such things that she wants to get back to her studies now.

“Wait, there’s more, let her finish.” Ben stated off in letting the filly speak out more.

“I got to see how great Minuette, Twinkle Shine & Lemon Heart are, and how they were good friends.” Nyx smiled off to say this much in having known three good friends of her mothers’ old school pals. “And I know that they felt like you were a great friend to them, just as much as Twilight is.” She pointed out in knowing how much Twilight’s three old friends were & they even saw Moondancer as such too.

“Well that’s good, that you get to know them….who wouldn’t?” Moondancer rolled her eyes in thinking the discussion was about knowing Twilight’s old chummy friends.

“Oh brother, can’t you tell that Nyx is saying that she wants to know about you too?” Phobos rolled his eyes in seeing this mare was dense to not see the actual issue of the talk.

“More about me, what is there to know? I want to study!” Moondancer spoke off in feeling surprised to be told of such things.

“Study for what, exactly?” Ben raised an eyebrow in asking what this mare wants to study so much; it was something that Twilight always wanted for a certain reason.

“Well, you know….just, study.” Moondancer slowly spoke off in wanting to only say the things she wanted while not going into further details; or that it’s connected to Twilight.

“Mommy does study a lot, sometimes she can be crazy & overwhelming sometimes when there’s a subject she can’t figure out. But I love her just the same.” Nyx spoke off in mentioning this about how no matter what Twilight does, she loves her mother for being who she is. “Just like I wanna get to know the real you, and you know me, so we can be friends.” She pointed this out in saying this as a way to help Moon Dancer realize something.

Moondancer felt silent from what she heard, it started to make her have second thoughts about her act against a sweet & kind filly. It help soften her mood a bit, but….there may be no way to help her…

“Moondancer, we all lived through our worse moments as foals, take me for example…I was turn into the Demon Pony when I was believed to be spirited away.” Ben pointed out that he lived through a tough time when he was cursed how it messed up his colt-hood.

“Right, and I didn’t have much a happy life being sealed in the moon with those jerky Moon Dragons of Tadaka’s Army, until my life change from meeting Nyx.” Phobos pointed out that he himself had gone through hard times in the past before he meant Nyx.

“Even I felt like, no pony would really like me, from being the evil of Nightmare Moon Reincarnated, but…I’m me, & that’s who I am then what others say. So, you gotta open up, let us help you…” Nyx smiled off in stating that though they had each shared horrible moments, they feel that no matter what others say, they are who they wanna be, not what others say…one just has to open up…

That sorta help Moondancer feel even more like this talk was taking its slow moment. The mare felt a small smile in feeling like…she would accept this….but then when thinking that this group was with Twilight, then…the moment faded.

“I…I need to…think this over.” Moondancer stated off to say this as some excuse while packing up.

Soon Moondancer was seen turning to leave the table to go outside of the library as Ben’s group watches her leave…

“Dang, struck out.” Phobos cursed in seeing that their best shot was a miss-fire in getting through.

“Maybe not….look ahead outside in what’s caught her attention.” Ben smiled off to notice that something has caught Moondancer’s attention…a book.

“Are those….books?” Nyx asked off in seeing that Moondancer was picking up some books.

“I think this is Twilight’s doing, she knows Moondancer enough that she can’t resist such learning, lets follow along to see where this leads.” Ben smiled off in thinking that the books must be apart of Twilight’s doing…she knows Moondancer very well that will help lead the girl to…a secret party to be held.

Nyx & Phobos nod their heads in agreement to follow Ben’s lead, as they kept their distance while watching Moondancer continue to pick up books that intrigue her mind. The scene fades out here in where this story has already played out…

----------------------------------

BACK TO THE PRESENT

The scene changes to where it was long pass from Sugarcube Corner, as everyone was seen heading near the train station. As pretty much, the story about how before Moondancer got lured to a secret party setup, Ben, Nyx & Phobos were trying to help reach the mare that knew she wanted friends. And pretty much how things turn out, well…it seem everything worked out okay in the end.

“Wow, it sounds like Nyx really was helping you try to give Twilight another chance.” Fluttershy spoke off in having heard the story to see how much Nyx was doing her best.

“And when it came time to start the party, well….it was a hard start before it got better.” Phobos shrug off to simply say this much about the matter of what happened during Moon Dancer’s arrival at the party to afterwards.

“But in the end, Moondancer felt so happy, I’ll bet she feels all better now.” Nyx smiled off to happily say this much about the case itself.

“I do feel much happier now, thanks to my new friends…” Moondancer spoke off to say this in looking around herself. “And those who were my old friends.” She quoted when looking to Minuette, Twinkle Shine & Lemon Heart along with Twilight, she became friends with those she had one in the past.

“And you wouldn’t believe what crazy fun we had when Starlight Glimmer came to meet us!” Minuette spoke off in mentioning this like it was no big deal, but…

“WHAT!” The others other that dealt with Starlight Glimmer during their stolen cutie marks, etc., had a lot more thoughts racing in their heads.

“Ye meant dat mare who was up ta some sneaky cutie mark snatchin’?” Applejack asked off in not believing what she was hearing here.

“Well yeah, but then Flash Sentry, Sunset Shimmer & Lyra Heartstrings came to help us.” Lemon Hearts nods off to simply state of those that were there at the time when a problem was emerging.

“Flash & Sunset were there too?” Ben spoke off in hearing his best pal & his girlfriend were on the scene too.

“Yep, they were helping Lyra with….” Twinkle Shine nods off to begin saying here until…

“Ssshh….that’s a secret!” Moondancer hushed her friend to not mention about the spy gig as that would blow Lyra Heartstrings agent job of being a part of a monster-hunting agency.

“What sorta secret?” Rarity raised an eyebrow in becoming curious about this subject.

“Ugh Rarity, it’s not a secret if you tell.” Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes to simply state this off from the topic was a secret, so the others can’t say.

“Let’s just say, it was crazy, but they helped us out from being duped by a front.” Moon Dancer spoke off in stating those that helped them when Starlight Glimmer almost trick them to losing their cutie marks was a close calling.

“Good for you, trust us….that mare is clueless when she thinks she knows friendship.” Rainbow Dash smiled off to say this in giving words of praise to those that did the right thing.

"I think I saw her." Nyx said in worry.

The group was surprised. Fluttershy ask, "You did? When?"

"When we were at that restaurant, before mommy and Spike went to Ponyville to fetch Pinkie, while daddy, Phobos and I stayed behind to talk to Moondancer."

------------

"So, uh, what are you studying these days?" Minuette ask her friend as Twilight, her old friends, Ben, Nyx and the Dragons sat around at the restaurant, catching up on old times.

"Science, magic, history, economics, pottery. Things like that." Moondancer admits with a shrug, as if saying "nothing new".

"Yowza!" Minuette chuckles. "You planning on being a professor or something?"

"No."

"So you're just... studying."

"Speaking of studying, have you read about the Three Tribes?" Ben ask Moondancer, wanting a subject that he hopes that the mare will like, to get her to open up more.

"Yeah, a brief history on them." Moondancer said with a nod, confirming it.

"Really? That's amazing!"

Moondancer annoyed demands, "Can I go now?" She just want to go on home and forget this whole foolishness already!

"Moondancer, please." Twilight said, pleading with her friend to at least give this a big chance.

"It's all right, Twilight. We're having a good time. Right, everypony?" Minuette ask her two friends, assuring Twilight that Moondancer didn't offend them much.

Twinkleshine simply shrugged, while Lemon Hearts chuckled nervously. Phobos, under his breath, remarks, "More like a bad time."

"Oh, Phobos." Nyx said, sighing a bit.

"So, uh... Spike, tell Moondancer that story about how Twilight had to read a book about doing a sleepover!" Minuette exclaims, getting Spike to get another subject to speak about here.

She was, of course, referring to the time when Twilight had Applejack and Rarity stay for a sleepover during a thunderstorm. Spike swallowed his food and inhaled to speak, but...

"Slumber 101? I've read that." Moondancer said, recalling what book that Minuette was referring to.

"Oh!" Twilight chuckles nervously. She was quick to the change the subject of course. "Really? Well, uh, did you know Lemon Hearts here works at the Canterlot palace?"

"Uh, yeah. It's true. I do the big events mostly. State dinners, that sort of thing." Lemon Hearts said with a proud look on her face.

While the ponies were trying to make Moon Dancer interested in their odd conversation, Nyx looked around, thinking of what to say next. Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, she spotted something.

"What the?" Nyx ask in alarm. She rubbed her eyes, doing a double take.

Phobos quietly ask his best friend, "What is it, Nyx?"

Nyx quietly respond, "You see that pony over there?" The filly points across the table, showing the Dragon as to what it is that she just spotted.

Sure enough, sitting at a table that was slightly close to the group, was a unicorn mare holding a menu. But what was familiar about that mare was that her mane was purple with a grayish-blue stripe, and that it was tied in a ponytail.

Nyx quietly spoke in concern, "That looks like Starlight Glimmer. But what is she doing here in Canterlot?"

Nyx doesn't know it but she will find out sometime a couple of days later!

------------------------

“Attention….last call to Canterlot, departing in 5 minutes!” A conductor’s voice called out in stating the time the train was heading to Canterlot.

“I guess you all will be heading back, hugh?” Spike stated off in knowing where Moondancer & the others are about to head off to.

“Yep, but we know you’ll visit us.” Minuette smiled off to simply say this to pat Spike of the back.

“Just as we visited you guys.” Twinkle Shine stated that they can always visit each other.

“Yep, so don’t forget to write!” Lemon Hearts happily stated this off in knowing what they’ll do in wanting to hear back from their pals.

“I won’t!” Twilight smiled off to say she will write to her friends from Canterlot.

“Twilight, I’m glad we managed to have this moment together. You have great friends here….along with others that make your life happy.” Moondancer spoke off to smile to Twilight, stating those she made here, even towards her family; she has a lot of those that love her.

“I know, but you have that too….with our friends from Canterlot.” Twilight smiled off to simply say this in what even Moondancer has.

“Thanks for allow us time to hang out.” Moondancer thanked Twilight for allowing them to be together to hang out & talk.

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.” Twilight shook her head off to simply say this much about the matter.

“Ben, Nyx….thank you for helping me understand things I wasn’t sure about in the past.” Moondancer spoke towards those near Twilight in giving them thanks for their help in the past.

“No problem.” Ben replied off in being glad to help.

“We’re happy to help.” Nyx spoke off in being proud of their effort.

“Hey, what about me?” Phobos asked off in not being recognized; figures.

“Hehe, you too Phobos.” Moondancer giggled a bit to pet Phobos, not forgetting him either.

Then without delay, Moondancer was last to join Minute, Twinkle Shine & Lemon Hearts on the train before the doors closed. They are seated by a window, & wave goodbye to those in Ponyville, with smiles on their faces as the train takes off to Canterlot. Twilight smiled in wiping what was dust she got, but was a tear from her eye, missing her old pals already.

“Boy Twilight, even though you started off being bad at being a friend, you sure have come a long way.” Spike spoke off in mentioning this fact about what Twilight started out before turning into something they never expected; a princess of friendship.

“That’s the magic of friendship, Spike.” Twilight smiled off to happily say this while looking at those around her. “That’s just the magic around it.” She issued off to silently say this in feeling so happy about how magical friendship can really be.

Soon everyone watches the train go off i the distance, as they heard its whistle noise. The scene begins to close off around here as now Twilight & her old friends from Canterlot are truly feeling like they are getting along very well. Who knows what the future may hold & when they may see & chat again, well one thing is certain….friendship will never die, as long as one holds a special place for those they care for…in their hearts…

Unknown to everyone, someone is watching them from nearby: a black and red militarized armored Mystic Knight with a digitalization armored helmet. He was glaring at Ben and his friends who was chatting with Twilight's old friends.

"I may have forgiven Ben for taking over my mentor's place as wielder of Triforce Elements. But that doesn't mean we're friends." The figure known as the Mystic Knight said. "I admit that his fighting skills were impressive but not good enough, and so did his friends. Weak and pathetic - believing that friendship is powerful weapon to destroy the evil. I barely even had a scratch of that. No matter... When we meet, I want to see how strong their friendship are and especially that worthless illegitimate son of Celestia. If what they said is true, they'd better hope that they were ready for him..."

Mystic Knight turned as he launched his Grappling Launcher on a building as he swung himself from one house to another in dealing with criminals.

The End?

Author's Note:

Cast list
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
Kazumi Evans: Moondancer
Rebecca Hussain: Minuette
Ashleigh Ball: Lemon Hearts, Rainbow Dash, Applejack
Tabitha St. Germain: Twinkle Shine, Rarity
Andrea Libman: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy
Cathy Weseluck: Spike the Dragon
Jason Marsden: Ben Mare
Daveigh Chase: Nyx
Chris Sanders: Phobos the Dragon
James Arnold Taylor: Fred Flintstoneward
Jeff Bergman: Barney Rubblestone
Garry Chalk: Conductor

With special voice appearance by
Troy Baker: Mystic Knight

All right, I am now caught up. And with the season 5 continuing soon, none too soon.

All right, time now for the next MLP: FIM short story, starring the comatized Lorcxan.

"Former Allies' Revenge: The Brotherhood of Tadaka (minus Discord) learn that Lorcan is still alive. Determined to avenge their own deaths at his hands, they regroup and prepare to kill his comatose self. Can Spike keep his older brother safe?
Villains: Trixie, Glida, the Flim-Flam brothers, the Diamond Dogs, Boris, Boxco, Dum-Dum, Shiv Katall"

Here's hoping Lorcan will survive...but of course, he will! Read, review and suggest.

The Mystic Knight is based on the Arkham Knight AKA Jason Todd.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment