• Published 23rd Jan 2016
  • 667 Views, 29 Comments

Eleven - lord_steak



Special Agent Sweetie Drops is reactivated and ordered to infiltrate a terrorist syndicate.

  • ...
2
 29
 667

Epilogue

SHE’S HERE!?! SHE’S ALIVE??! WHICH ROOM!!?” Bon-Bon screamed in shock and joy as she slammed her hooves on the triage desk.

The nurse there blinked, and scratched out the inside of her ears. The sign above them read, “Welcome to Canterlot General Hospital, where compassion meets excellence.” She inhaled deeply, forced a neutral expression, and exhaled. The nurse flipped through a clipboard, then checked a chart on the wall. She said, “East Wing, Room N651.”

“Thank you!” yelled Bon-Bon as she took off. She left her discharge papers unsigned on the triage desk, which lazily drifted over the side from her sudden upping and going.

She reached a full canter before long. Bon-Bon sidestepped many a pony in her scramble. Rounding a corner, Starlight Glimmer, who telekinetically carried a few papers, pressed herself against the wall to avoid a collision. Bon-Bon skidded as she approached the lifts, but could not stop in time. She slammed into the left lift’s doors. Not dazed, she backed up and hit the Up button. She shed a few tears as her breathing deepened, waiting on the lift. A ding, and she rushed through the doors without looking into a fortunately empty lift.

Moments of sterile muzak later, the lift doors opened on the sixth floor. Bon-Bon took a moment to look at the floor plan before dashing away. She had another exercise of evading random ponies and medical equipment. She slowed down as the numbers neared N651. Bon-Bon came to a stop in front of the door. She dug at the papers in the slot. In a typewriter’s font she found at the top:

HEARTSTRINGS, LYRA

Bon-Bon sniffled as she slowly pushed open the door. Tiptoeing in, she looked around. There was a pony laying in the bed here, asleep, and with an IV stand that had four bags on it. There was no coat left nor any mane that Bon-Bon could see, though it appeared as if this pony had some treatment for the burns. Bon-Bon judged from the width of the muzzle this was a mare. Her eyes welled up as she edged toward a chair beside the bed. She murmured, “Lyra...?”

The sleeping pony’s eyes twitched, and slowly opened. Bon-Bon’s throat made a gasp and squawk in unison. Those golden eyes were unmistakable. The burned pony weakly and sleepily smiled and said, “Hey gorgeous....”

Bon-Bon sobbed as she threw her forehooves around Lyra. The bedridden pony grunted, “Ow, careful babe. I’m pretty banged up...got an IV and everything.”

Bon-Bon howled with a heaving chest. Lyra struggled to free her right hoof and returned the hug as best as she could. Bon-Bon wailed, “I thought you were de-e-ead!”

Lyra rubbed her marefriend on the back of the head. “Came close, from what I could tell. But I’m still here.”

Bon-Bon gasped for air as she took control of her breathing. “How did you escape that airship?”

“I sent an S.O.S. with the texting spell as that gas put me under. When I awoke, my old schoolmates were around me. They said Moon Dancer got there first and got me out,” explained Lyra. “They took me to Twilight’s castle, because she thought me being there and awake would be necessary to get that crystal out of you. But...things didn’t go as planned.”

Bon-Bon leaned in and kissed her, soft and long. The two stayed there a moment, with a tear from each. As they broke, Bon-Bon scrunched her brow. “I...can’t remember what happened after...after that thing made me put Twilight to sleep.”

“Well—” started Lyra hesitantly.

“Actually, let’s not talk about it right now. I...I just need you. Just hold me,” whispered Bon-Bon.


Spitfire closed the door behind her as a nurse went on past with an IV stand in tow. She was puffy eyed and stared down at the floor in shocked disbelief as she trudged her way to a visitor’s waiting room. Sitting there were Soarin’, Fleetfoot, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Scootaloo, Shining Armour, and Spike, all of whom looked up at her expectantly.

Scootaloo hopped up and met Spitfire just inside the door. With tears welling up, she asked, “Is Dash gonna be okay, Captain?”

Spitfire wiped away a tear as she said, “In time. She’s asleep and her dad’s in there with her. That acid did terrible damage. The first surgery and skin graft is scheduled for tonight. They expect they’ll need to do at least two more before she can be released. Rainbow will be bedridden for three months, if not longer. She’ll have to retrain herself to fly. They think it’s gonna be nine months to a year before she’s back to her old self.”

Tears broke from most of the gathering. AJ took off her hat, both Shining Armour and Soarin’ bowed their shaking heads with closed eyes, and Rarity fainted. Spitfire looked down at the sobbing filly in front of her. She shifted uncomfortably for a moment, then opened a wing. Scootaloo accepted the offer and clung onto Spitfire in a tight hug. The captain grimaced, stroking the torn-up filly on the back.

Shining Armour stood up with a sigh and walked out of the room. He started down the hallway, and had gone twenty meters before a high-pitched voice called out, “Shining, wait!”

He turned to see Spike running after him. The little dragon caught up and asked, “Where are you going?”

Shining Armour continued on his way as he curtly said, “To find my sister.”

“I’m going too!” Spike insisted, jogging to keep pace with the agitated prince.

“No, Spike. It’s too dangerous. Besides, Twily would have my head if anything happened to you,” answered Shining. They turned a corner. Starlight Glimmer was filling out some paperwork at a window.

Spike grumbled, “I can’t just stand by and do nothing! I’m coming!”

Shining Armour sighed, but didn’t slow down. Starlight Glimmer shot them a confused look as the prince chastised, “Spike....”

“I have to! If I don’t, she won’t be around to have your hide for taking me!” Spike demanded as they walked by that window.

“But you can’t,” answered the prince.

As they passed triage, Spike complained, “Why can’t I?”

Cadance met them at the door as they entered the lobby, holding little Flurry Heart. She looked at her husband reproachfully, asking, “What are you two arguing about?”

“I’m sorry, dear. I have to find Twily. I have to help her,” Shining said to his wife with a nuzzle. Flurry cooed and babbled incoherently as her little legs started flailing at the sight of her daddy.

Starlight Glimmer came out the triage doors as Spike pouted, “He’s trying to leave me behind! I’m going!”

“Spike...,” started Shining.

Cadance shook her head and sighed. “Dear, he’s going to go, whether you take him or not. I’m not faulting you for going to help her; heaven knows I want to go too. But if it’s what power I fear it is, I’ll just be a target. Besides, we can’t both leave. I’ll take care of Flurry.”

Shining kissed his wife. “Thanks, dear. And I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. Just promise me you’ll bring her home safe and sound,” said Cadance. Flurry Heart began to fuss.

“Are you taking me?” Spike pressed with crossed arms.

Shining gave a sad smile. “So insistent.”

“She may as well be my mother, Shining,” scolded the little dragon with a touch of petulance.

The prince sighed. Masking defeat and forcing cheer, he said, “Then, hop on your Uncle Shining’s back, Spike.”

“Wait!” shouted a high alto. They looked to see Starlight Glimmer running up to them. “Please let me come too! She saved me from myself; I have to do the same for her.”

“Starlight, we’re not trying to save Twilight from Twilight. We’re trying to save Twilight from an ancient evil that possessed her body,” Cadance said firmly.

“I know, I know. Still, she’s my mentor. I can’t do nothing,” said Starlight.

Cadance grimaced. “There are many ponies who feel a strong connection to Twilight Sparkle. Any of them could lay a claim to join the quest.”

“I don’t doubt that, but who can say they need to redeem themselves after they failed to protect her right then, when they got her?” Starlight asked.

“I can,” grumbled Spike.

“I can too,” Shining Armour said unhappily.

Cadance sighed, shaking her head dissatisfied. She closed her eyes with a frown. Baby Flurry fussed, reaching for Shining Armour. Cadance scoffed, “Okay, fine then. Go.”

Shining Armour kissed his wife again. “We’ll bring her home as quickly as possible. I love you.”

“I love you, too, Shiny. Don’t forget,” Cadance said with a tear in her eye.

Biting back tears, Shining said, “Tell Flurry that daddy loves her too every day.”

“I will,” she said sadly, brushing the side of his face. She sobbed for a second, and urged him, “Honey, we’ll be doing this all day and night if you don’t get a move on.”

“I know....”

Shining nuzzled Cadance again, then stepped over to Starlight and Spike. She asked, “Where do we start?”

“Twilight’s Castle, where it started,” answered the prince. Spike climbed up onto his back. Shining turned toward Cadance, who had tears rolling down her face. Flurry had begun sobbing. Shining looked her in the eye and said, “You are the world to me, darling.”

“And you’re my world, too,” she answered.

Shining Armour straightened his posture, and the three disappeared in a magenta flash. Cadance nearly fell down with wracking sobs, but managed to keep from dropping Flurry. She murmured, “Please bring her home....”


A doctor knocked at the door. He stepped into room N651 looking over a clipboard. Looking up, he stopped suddenly. In the hospital bed he found his patient, but she was snuggled up with another mare. The cuddling visitor had a beige coat and two-toned mane. Both of them were asleep. His patient would need her saline solution bag replaced in about an hour, but three medication bags would hold until late into the night. He rocked his head side to side, chewing on his tongue. He watched as his patient sighed contentedly, nuzzling this other mare. With a smile crossing his face, he quietly backed out of the room, silently closing the door behind him.


The sun approached the horizon behind her as Twilight Sparkle soared high in the air. The ocean was far below, and as far as the eye could see. Black mist flowed out of her eyes, eyes that were bright green where they should be white. The black mist left a long trail behind her that slowly dissipated. She stared straight ahead, her face in a steely glare, masking the raging war within.

Comments ( 12 )

And so begins the Ultimate End.

7213204

Gotta draw the next cover art, or find a kind soul who's willing to draw it for me. Plot outline is done for the conclusion. It's gonna be good.

Was just looking at the end of Giants; that was just before m' daughter was born. She'll be eight months old tomorrow. Sure hope it's not another eight months before I get the conclusion finished.... :twilightoops:

7213584 Cool.
And I'm glad to hear that.

Oh, you and me, both, my friend.

You and me both.

7849679 Maybe it was hard, but did well to highlight the contrast!

7919068 That was completely clear to me. I'm from a country that was once occupied by USSR...

Before I read it, what is the Dark and Gore tags for ?
And how bad does it get ?

7949900
This one gets pretty rough. Goes right to the Teen-Mature line and parks there at times, both in terms of being dark and the gore.

8098770 I see, thank you for clarifying! :twilightsmile:

8323238
It's okay, there wasn't a lot of them. It's just that my eyes are trained on combing for errors and I can't really get rid of that habit :twilightsheepish:

Ah, I was unaware of that. After all, it's not so long ago since I have been learning English at school. That's also why I'm more on the British English side.

Anyway, I'll be eagerly waiting for a sequel/Act III :twilightsmile:

I was hoping there be two more chapters. Are you going to continue the storyline?

8867049
What were you looking for in said two chapters?
I started on the third part, but really, really didn’t like how and where it was going (namely, the Green Shard’s control of Twilight’s body turning things into a slasher fic as it seeks to gather the other Shards felt over-the-top). I’d like to rework it and start proper writing, but spare time along with both inspiration and focus comes at an increasing premium, especially as m’ daughter grows.

8868086
Sorry about that, if you would have added two more chapters they would have 11 of them. I hope to see it some day.

Login or register to comment