• Published 5th Aug 2015
  • 6,543 Views, 1,516 Comments

The Other Button - One of the Crowd



Of course waking up as a horse was on my bucket list as well as said horse being extremely young. As nice as it is to not have to worry about going to college I'd rather be at home rather than in horsey hell! At least button believes me or I'd go mad

  • ...
49
 1,516
 6,543

Do not tell me what to do!

Chapter 27: Do not tell me what to do!

"I'M COMING RYAN!" I shouted toward Ryan as he was being dragged away. I had to get to him before he reached that ledge; he wasn't even fighting to save himself! Why wasn't he fighting it? "HOLD ON! I"M ALMOST THERE!"

We were nearing the edge of a cliff when I shouted that. I jumped to grab him and I did right when he went over. I was gripping his hand as tight as I could. Whatever had him wasn't giving up though because it was pulling both of us down.

"You have to let me go, Chance" Ryan said while looking back up at me. He had a solemn expression across his face.

"I don't want to lose you again,"

"You have to let me go or you'll fall too,"

"I don't care!" I shouted at him while I pulled on him even harder. I started to slide even faster towards the edge of the cliff as whatever was pulling Ryan had put in some more effort. Ryan wasn't fighting this thing at all and because of it I was going to fall with him. "I wont abandon you again..."

******

"So that's why Chance was in the hospital?" Button asked somebody. I couldn't tell who it was until they spoke up.

"Sure is. I didn't even think a pony could control fire like that," F.C replied to Button.

I groaned a little bit before opening up my eyes to see that I was in a cave somewhere. My body felt like it was hit by a freight train again, but hey I'm alive! I turned to my side to see Button and F.C roasting marshmallows over a small fire.

"You think Chance is going to wake up soon?" Button asked as he pulled out a flaming marshmallow. He quickly dropped the stick he was using back into the fire.

"I don't know. I'm a dragon, not a doctor" F.c Replied as he pulled out a pony sized marshmallow from the fire. This one was also on fire, but F.C didn't seem to care and just ate it as is.

"Can I get one of those?" I asked from my makeshift bed. They both turned toward me with relieved expressions , well Button had a relieved expression. Fire's expression could best be explain like-

"About fucking time,"-that. Exactly like that.

"If you had chocolate I'd of gotten up sooner. We need smores for days!" I didn't even notice Button had walked up to me while I had a little fun with F.C until Button hugged me. "You keep this up, and I might just hug you back,"

"I was so worried about you," Button said as he hugged me tighter.

"Worried about me? Boy, do you even know how scared I was over you? I almost burnt down the forest!"

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't be. It's my fault you got dragged into this mess," I said with a dejected sigh. "I should be sorry,"

"Was that really Combo?" Button asked. I didn't know how to answer that question, but he was looking at me with his special eyes. HIS BRAND!

"It might seem bad, but I hope so. If it was then that was my brother too, and I might be able to help him,"

"That colt that looked like you?" Button asked questioningly.

"No. The thing on two legs," I replied which caused Button's eyes to widen. I swear his eyes took up at least three-fourths of his head!

"Really?"

"eeyup,"

"Wow thats-"

"I'd hate to interrupt you two, but I need to speak to you, Chance," Fire's expression was very serious as he said that so I slowly walked over toward him. I figured that it probably had to deal with the whole near death hing a few weeks ago so I was preparing an apology,

"I'm sorry about th-"

"That's not what I wanted to talk to you about. Do you know what book this is?" Fire asked. That wasn't something I expected out of him, but I simply shook my head. "It's a book from an old legend. I didn't believe it was that book, but when I read part of-"

"YOU READ IT! TELL ME WHAT IT SAYS!"

"As I was saying I read part of it. It's a really old dragon dialect from 20,000 years ago so I could only read a few words."

"What did it say?" I asked now very desperate to learn anything about the book.

"I read something about a portal and the stars. That's it." Well shit. "You should destroy this book,"

"WHAT! WHY?"

"The book is said to contain the spirit of an ancient evil. It uses the souls of it's victims for terrible rituals." Fire said very solemnly.

"That's why I'm keeping this book. I have to save my brother!"

"If he's it's slave there is no saving him,"

"BULLSHIT! I'll find a way. I have to find a way," If Fire was going to try and stop me then he can fuck off. I'm going to save my brother, I'm going to find a way home, and we're going to have a happy life without dealing with anymore of this supernatural bullshit!

"Chance, you have to listen-"

"NO! You listen to me! I will not and I repeat WILL NOT abandon my brother!" Fire didn't say anything else, and I assumed he gave up trying to convince me to not help my brother. That's good because I didn't need him trying to stop me.

I know that keeping this book will result in very bad repercussions later on, but I can't just leave him like that.

'you have to let me go or you'll fall too' I heard Ryan's voice echo in my head. This book might destroy me, but I will not abandon him again. I can't go through losing him again!

"I can't lose him again Fire," I said quietly. He scooped me up before looking me in the eyes, and hugging me too.

"I know," I would of told him to let me go, but I was getting light headed and could barely breath. He eventually got the idea when I started going limp in his grip "Whoops! I forget how fragile you ponies are,"

"it's *wheeze* alright *Cough*" He set me back down beside Button who was currently chilling next to the fire.

"What did you talk about?" Button asked while roasting another marshmallow

"Nothing. Button, I want you to not tell anyone about today,"

"What! why not?"

"They think I'm crazy because of this. You start talking about it and they'll think the same way about you," I said as if it were fact. I mean they would call him crazy because I wouldn't back him up. I know that seems bad, but I'm on thin ice so I can't say anything that seems crazy no matter how truthful I am.

"Maybe Gibson-"

"Don't tell anyone,"

"But-"

"I'm just trying to protect you, Button," He sighed but I think he got the message. He just learned that his brother was also a slave to that thing so I don't blame him for wanting to get help, but he hasn't been through this. "I'll get Combo back. I promise."

Button sniffled a little bit before hugging me again. For once I decided to return the hug. We've both been through a lot today, but I think Button needed a shoulder to cry on more than I did. I'm going to be here for Button. I will be the brother I should of been for Ryan.

Author's Note:

I didn't even it yesterday passed! Literally I thought I just released a chapter, but apparently it's time for the next chapter already. anyway thank you all for reading, and I suppose if your still here I have made this worth your time.

Ps.I already know this is a short chapter, but what do you guys consider short. Anything below 1500 words?