• Published 5th Aug 2015
  • 6,515 Views, 1,516 Comments

The Other Button - One of the Crowd



Of course waking up as a horse was on my bucket list as well as said horse being extremely young. As nice as it is to not have to worry about going to college I'd rather be at home rather than in horsey hell! At least button believes me or I'd go mad

  • ...
49
 1,516
 6,515

Frozen in Time

Chapter 38: Frozen in Time

The walk back to Button's was relatively quite and I began to remember the mornings events very clearly. During the day kept distracting myself so that I wouldn't accidentally tell someone about the incident. There is no need for people to be looking down on them at a time like this.

"Why haven't you eaten your chocolate, Chance?" Arrow asked while looking towards me.

"It's for Button," I stated simply. I know I can trust Arrow with anything, but I don't think that Loving would want me to be telling him about all of this. Arrow's expression was one of slight sadness, but he didn't push the matter any further for now. About this time was when the CMC ran up to me with worried expressions.

"CHANCE!" They yelled out as they plowed into me full force. When the ponies flying around my head disappeared I asked them what the problem was. "Dinky went into the everfree forest!"

"That's a problem because?" Why are they so panicked about Dinky going in there. I've gone twice and the only problems I ran into involved a certain fire demon.

"The everfree forest is filled with monsters," Sweetie said.

"Yeah, there are manticors, timber wolves, chimeras, and even pony eating plants!" Scootaloo added. I don't recall seeing any of those things when I was in there, but if Dinky was in danger I had to go help her.

"Alright, I'll-"

"Go home. I'll go get your friend, Chance," Arrow interrupted me. "Where did she go into the forest?" Arrow asked rather urgently. The girls just motioned for him to follow them while leaving me in the dust.

"Like hell I am," I said to myself as I started to sprint after them. Arrow may be a guard, but he has no idea what's out there so I have to go and help him. Even if he doesn't want me to help him I have to.

When I was rounding the corner of a building I ran head first into somebody else causing us both to be knocked down. I could hear a groan escape from the other guy while I slowly got up and opened my eyes.

"I'm really sorry about...fuck," When the guy got up to look at me I realized that it was actually Cold.

"You should be sorry," He said while lowering himself into a pouncing position. I hope he realizes that we are equines and not large cats...or cat birds.

"That's why I said sorry. Now, If you'll excuse me I've got to go," Side stepping him I started to run towards where I though Arrow had run off too. I lost track of him when I went head first into the equivalent of a brick wall. Before I could get far however Cold landed in front of me with a grin on his face.

"Why not stay and tell me all about where you're going?"

'"Because it's important and I don't have long," I tried side stepping him again, but he just blocked my path again.

"Too bad. Now how about you give me that chocolate bar of yours?" He said while pointing to the chocolate bar that I was saving for Button.

"Fine!" I said before throwing the candy in his face and running past him in hopes of catching up with Arrow and the Crusaders. When I was nearing the edge of town was when Cold tackled me to the ground from behind.

"You aren't getting away that easily," He said as he shoved my face into the dirt. I think I could hear him laughing a little bit to like tiny sociopath. This was when I violently threw him off my back so I could get back up.

"I do NOT have time for you!" I said as I kicked him in the head before sprinting towards the everfree forest. Considering the fact that he didn't block my path or try tackling me I assumed that he had given up...or was knocked out either was good.

As I approached the treeline something felt very wrong; almost as if I was being watched by something. I couldn't let that bother me though as I had to find Dinky and Arrow in here before anything happens to them. When I took my first step into the forest my stomach dropped, and I felt a chill run up my spine. Something was very wrong here.

The trees started bending in unnatural ways, and I could hear various noises that I didn't hear before. Why is this stuff bothering me so much when I could walk in here perfectly a little while ago? Looking into the forest I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me because of how dark it was getting.

I was about to turn around and try to find a path to follow instead of aimlessly wandering when I realized that the darkness had surrounded me. I tried to charge up my horn so I could have some light, but for some reason it wouldn't light up. I couldn't even get it to spark.

"CHANCE!" I head Dinky cry out in the forest which spurred me to run as fast as possible towards her. I can't let her get hurt; I have to help her!

***Dinky***

"Chance, where are we going?" I asked as he took me even further into the everfree. He said that he wanted me to help him with something, but he wouldn't say what.

"We're just going to this cool cave I found." He said with his voice still sounding slightly different from it's usual self.

"I thought you wanted me to help you with something,"

"You will. We just have to get there first." He's been acting strange this entire time, but it's not like he was going to hurt me. As we continued walking Chance began to grin with a kind of scary smile. After a moment or two we were standing in front of a cave's entrance.

"Here we are. Mares first," He said while ushering me in. Something about his smile seemed very off, but I just figured it was because the forest was making me scared. When I walked into the Cave I froze in fear when I saw a pony on fire sitting in the middle of it. Beside it sat a strange creature with almost no hair on it except for its head.

The fire pony slowly rose to it's hooves before it walked over to me. I was too scared to move so I just stood there and stared at it until I finally screamed.

"CHANCE!"

Author's Note:

Sorry for the shorter chapter, but I did write for I'm Famous so it should balance out...right?Thanks for reading.