• Published 5th Aug 2015
  • 6,519 Views, 1,516 Comments

The Other Button - One of the Crowd



Of course waking up as a horse was on my bucket list as well as said horse being extremely young. As nice as it is to not have to worry about going to college I'd rather be at home rather than in horsey hell! At least button believes me or I'd go mad

  • ...
49
 1,516
 6,519

I'm Perfectly Normal

Chapter 29: I'm perfectly Normal

"You're lucky Fire found you two. What were you thinking,Chance?" Arrow asked as he was walking me back home. That's kind of a weird though now that I think about it. I haven't really felt at home here unless you count with cherry or here. It's kind of nice to have some place to return to after all that happened today.

"Button got angry at me, and said a few things. I got mad at him and stormed off. Not much else to say" I replied to Arrow. I didn't want to go into exactly what I got angry about because I know how Arrow would react. Well if I told him the exact reason that it set me off, but maybe he wouldn't question it.

"What did he say?"

"He said that I couldn't even remember who I really was. I got angry because...because I'm starting to think you all were right," I can't just suddenly say that I believe them or they'd know I was lying about all of this. If I'm thinking right opening up to Arrow first is what I need to do then he'll tell Insight.

"You really think that?" Arrow asked in both disbelief and I think I could hear a hint of happiness. I really didn't want to use him like this, but I can't have anyone getting in my way of saving Ryan. Not even Arrow.

"I never said I believed those thoughts! I'm just saying hypothetically I might be wrong," I can't just make him say that I'm suddenly thinking 'hey I'm a pony' either. He still had a smile on his face while he replied,

"I understand, Chance."

'maybe we should go through with the mind wipe?'

Oh shit that voice is back and I can't openly debate with it while Arrow is here. I mean If I just start talking to myself he'll think I'm slipping into pure insanity and I'll end up in a mental war.

'Do we even really want to go back? Mom doesn't look at us, and dad left for that whore when we were eight.'

This voice needs to shut the hell up right now! I'm going to get home and mom is going to be so ecstatic that she didn't lose me to. She's going to look at me and stop saying that I should of been more like Ryan. She's going to see that I exists!

We finally reached Button's house where Loving was waiting by the door with a smile on her face. I was a little worried about telling her about today when Arrow leaned down toward me.

"Don't worry. I wont tell her anything,"

"Thanks Arrow,"

Loving heard about the dragon, and Button wouldn't stop talking about how awesome it was to fly in the sky. Loving tried to talk to me about everything, but I just stuck to the story that me and Button had created. He stuck with it rather well so no one really questioned us though Button received a stern talking to about what not to say. I didn't care to do much else that day so I decided to turn in early. Besides I have to talk to Insight tomorrow.

******

I was in pitch black room with nothing inside of it. I don't remember falling asleep here.

"Finally we can talk face to face," a voice sounded behind me. Turning around I saw my pony body standing there.

"You know this is a sign of insanity right?" I said when another voice resounded to my left side.

"Indeed it is. That's why this conversation is already over." Turning toward the other voice I saw my old human body standing there with it's arms crossed. "He want's to go home,"

"No he doesn't! Here we don't have to worry about college. We have people that actually see us!" The pony version of me said rather infuriated.

"We finally find Ryan, and all you're worried about is people seeing us! This is bigger than you think!" My human self retorted.

"Let the princesses deal with it! It's not our problem,"

"It is. Ryan, Combo, and Lucky are slaves to that thing and you just want to abandon them!"

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I shouted which caused both of them to go dead silent. "We are not having this conversation right now. We are going to help Ryan and Combo, and then I'll decide on what to do,"

The world started to shimmer and break apart with other mes fading out of existence. I guess that I'm waking up now; too bad I couldn't fuck around in one of the only lucid dreams I've ever had.

******

"This is going to rock," A hushed whisper came from my side. I could feel something in my hoof and after a moment i believe it was whipped cream. Yep, there was definitely whipped cream in my hoof.

"Is he awake?" I heard another voice ask. Looks like Button and Gibson has decided for pranking revenge; too bad It's going to back fire. I felt them start to tickle my nose with a feather. I made my hoof move a little to make it seem like I was about to do it. They tried again, but instead of swatting my own face Gibson got his face covered in it instead.

"By the way I was awake, Button," I said while smearing more of the cream on Gibson's face. "You two are rather loud so that's what woke me up." That's not really what did it, but maybe they wont try again if they think they'll give themselves away. Getting off the bed I looked toward the clock to see that it was 8:00. Looks like it's time to go meet Insight.

Once I was out the door Arrow was waiting to take me to Insights office in Caterlot. You'd think it'd take awhile to get there, but it is only a half hour ride to and from the city. I swear every time I went to his office I was always on edge because of that mare. I never saw her while I was in that city, but I always felt like I was being watched.

It was a short walk to the train station, but something was off about Arrow's walk. He was walking almost as if he was worried about something.

"What's up Arrow?" I asked in hopes that he might tell me.

"Nothing," He quickly said. Alright something was definitely off here and that has me worried. Arrow is always calm and collected so if something has him like this it had to be bad.

When we got onto the train he tensed up even more. The ride itself was relatively boring, but Arrow was just acting more and more strange the closer we got to Canterlot. Was there something going on there or something? I couldn't think of any other reason for Arrow to be worried about us going to Canterlot.

"You really are coming around right?" Arrow asked me out of the blue.

"Yeah, Why?" He sighed before speaking up.

"Insight sent me a letter last night. He wants to go ahead with the mind wipe. He said not to tell you, but you deserve a choice in the matter," Insight was going to do it anyway? I wanted to be angry at him, but that'd only serve to make the mind wipe seem like a greater option.

"Thanks Arrow. Do you think you can convince him to not do it. I'm kind of...I'm kind of scared of it. What if I forget about you?" I was genuinely worried about that idea actually. Arrow had been with me since the beginning and to just forget him like that it's just not right.

"I'll try, Chance. Just tell him you're coming around and he might can the idea,"

"I hope so," I said as we finally pulled into Canterlot station. I didn't even notice that we had been talking that entire time. Whatever was going to happen today was going to change everything so I better be careful. I can't forget about anything that I found yesterday because If I mess up me and Ryan are both doomed.

Author's Note:

(Insert words here)

I don't have much to day today so... hi.

Edit: I'm scared! it says this was featured again, but it seriously can't possibly be getting featured this often. I just don't see that being possible. Especially since it's only for an hour before it's off again. If any of you mind checking the featured box when I write the next chapter let me know if it's there. I swear this is just getting annoying now.