• Published 5th Aug 2015
  • 6,519 Views, 1,516 Comments

The Other Button - One of the Crowd



Of course waking up as a horse was on my bucket list as well as said horse being extremely young. As nice as it is to not have to worry about going to college I'd rather be at home rather than in horsey hell! At least button believes me or I'd go mad

  • ...
49
 1,516
 6,519

Look into your heart

Chapter 15: Look into your heart

"What the hell is that thing!"

"I don't know; want me to stop and ask it, Ryan?"

"DAMN IT CHANCE! Now is not the time for sarcasm," Ryan said as we were sprinting through the woods that surrounded us. We've been running for at least an hour because we literally couldn't stop. I decided to look behind my shoulder at one point and nearly had my eyebrows burnt off from that things fire.

"I said we shouldn't have come here, but nooooo. You had to fucking see this bullshit!"

"I'm sorry, Chance. You are lucky I have a plan,"

"What is it?"

"Just keep running!" he said to me while I kept an eye forward for something I'd need. When a low hanging branch was in sight I grabbed on and kept running causing it to break off. Now I just had to find some water...

******

My head felt as if someone just danced on top of it while trying to stomp on a spider at the same time. I could smell disinfectant in the air, and a few other things, but I wan't sure what they were. A beeping noise was going on near me; at this point I realized I was in a hospital but I didn't know why.

Opening my eyes I saw that I was in a bland white room with one window, and a nightstand. I was covered in a blanket that hid the majority of my body. I decided that getting up, and seeing why I was here was a good idea so I tried to sit up only to be caught half way. Something was holding me down to the bed; I couldn't move. The heart monitor next to me started to beep faster.

Everything around me started changing for some reason; until I realized I wasn't in a damn hospital. I was in a dark room with a boarded up window, and I could hear hoofsteps outside the door. That damn mare came in quickly to greet her recaptured torture doll probably, but I will not let her have me that easily.

"GET OVER HERE SO I CAN RIP YOUR HEART OUT!" I yelled toward her.

"Why ever would you want to do that, Lucky,"

"You know why you monster!" Shadows started to appear by the door, but I was more focused on the mare that was beside me now. She was messing with an IV bag that I never knew was in this room before. After a second everything started to get blurry and her voice became distorted, and I was scared.

***Nurse Red Heart point of view***

Why was that colt freaking out so much? He should of realized that he was no longer in danger from whatever it was that put him in danger in the first place. Then again he did pass out from using all of his magic at once which was why he was here.

Magic is so complicated when I think about it; I mean you use too much you die and you use to little you can't control it which can cause you to die. I started rubbing my temples over the thought, but it was over now so it was time to check up on my next patient.

"Mr. Dodger?"

" Please call me Arrow,"

"Alright Arrow. How are the burns?"

"They still hurt a little, but I'll live... I will live right?"

"Yes you will. May I ask what caused the burns in the first place?"

"It's classified,"

"These are sever magical burns. Whatever caused them would be extremely dangerous."

"Not dangerous, just protective," He said as I began to remove his bandages which revealed his leg which was covered in burns. He sounded like whatever did this to him was doing good, but what good could come out of doing this to a royal guard.

"Protecting what?"

"Classified. Hey is Charlie here? I heard he got a job here when I left to join the guard,"

"Dr. Charlie Horse isn't on duty, but I can call him if you'd like,"

"Thank you nurse," I was almost done wrapping new bandages around his legs when he asked the same question he asked everyday since he got in here. "How's Chance?"

"He's fine though he did have a panic attack a few moments ago. Don't worry he's been sedated and should be fine when he wakes up,"

"What caused it?"

"I don't know, though he did say he'd rip my heart out and called me a monster," Arrow was silent for a few minutes after that so I figured we were done conversing and made my way toward the door. He cleared his throat to get my attention before he spoke,

"If you tied him down that's why he's freaking out. Same thing happened last time and he told me about certain things; let me know if he goes off again and I'll handle it,"

"I don't think that would be a good idea,"

"I'll handle it," He said that with authority behind his voice so I decided not to press the issue for now. Besides I had other patients to deal with after all.

***Chance***

"I want to go home..." I whimpered silently.

******

I was staring at the boarded up window to my prison. I had given up trying to get free three days ago, and the monster knows it. Every time she comes in here she gloats about her victory as if I'd share her enthusiasm. I looked at the chain around my leg, and I felt angry over losing my freedom in such a way. A god damn chain is the only fucking thing stopping me other than the door which was almost always locked.

Why can't I just fucking go? what is the god damn point in torturing me like this? WHY SHOULDN'T I RIP OUT HER THROAT WHEN SHE GETS NEAR ME? I kept getting angrier and angrier over everything that had happened until my leg started to feel extremely hot, and my head felt weird as well.

I took my focus off of the chain and looked toward my leg where the chain was linked to what used to be a leather strap. That strap however was no longer there and ash had taken its place. I could move again, and I could run again. Today just became a good day.

Author's Note:

Now we get to see a little more about how Chance thinks, and by that I mean what he thinks when he is tied down and unable to move. Also I want to know how I did presenting nurse Red Heart; good or bad. Also sorry for the shorter chapter, but Chance is the protagonist not Red Heart so I can't have this be a long chapter. Anyway thank you all for reading and have a wonderful day/night.

Edit: This story got featured! :pinkiehappy: Thank you all for helping make this possible; I don't know how to express how happy I am without taking eight hours. With that said thank you all for reading, and I hope to see you all in the next chapter.