• Published 1st Jul 2015
  • 786 Views, 6 Comments

Dear Goddess - Letsmlpbro

  • ...
6
 6
 786

Sincerely, Spike the Dragon

All he does is sit there and stare at the wall.

Its been almost two weeks since he had his fall out with Rarity. None of us could have predicted that it would hit him this hard. I mean, he would have had to have known that it would never work.

But he is a baby dragon after all. He thinks a lot differently than us adult ponies do. But it's still a sad sight to see.

"Spike?" I ask as I enter his room. "It's almost dinner time. Do you want to go out and eat?"

Nothing.

I sigh in frustration. "Come on Spike, lets go out for the night. You've been cooped up in here for too long." I take a step into the room.

"Would you stupid ponies just leave me alone?!" For the first time he picks up his head and looks at me in the eyes. Anger is fuming from him.

"I-I. . ." Stuttering to find the words I look to the floor. Catching my breath I respond. "I'm sorry Spike. I'll give you the space you need."

I close the door as silently as I can and make my way to the front doors of my castle. The sun is just starting to fall behind the distant mountains as I make my way over to Sugarcube Corner.

Pinkie Pie is by my side as soon as I walk through the front doors. "Aww, no Spike?"

"Not yet. . .he talked back to me today though, so he is making some process." I try to say cheerfully.

The pink pony isnt convinced, but she doesn't press the topic to my surprise. She simply leads me to a table and brings me a cupcake and one for herself. "I hate seeing ponies sad. . .especially that little dragon. Do you think I could possibly cheer him up?"

I shake my head, picking up the cupcake with my magic. "Space is all that we can give him right now, Pinkie. He needs to come to terms with this at his own pace."

"Ooh, okay." she nods as she takes a bite of her own little cake. With a mouth full of puffy goodness and frosting she adds, "i understand, Twilight."

I smile a little and eat my pastry slowly, savoring it's beautiful cherry flavor.


A month has passed. And I have an idea.

He's finally left his room, but he refuses to go outside or even go into rooms with open windows. I call him to the castle's library, waiting for him and one of the many tables at it's center.This will work for sure. Helps me out a lot when I'm sad. i think to myself as i look the journal over in my hooves.

"What is it, Twilight?" the dragon asks as he walks up to me.

He's gotten a little taller over the past year, but he still keeps a baby like figure. His voice has changed a bit too, loosing some if it's kid like tones. I smile mentally at this fact; It makes me happy knowing he can grow up without having to hoard things.

"I have a little gift for you." I take the journal and hold it out to him in my pink colored magic.

He hesitates as he grasps it in his claws. "What is it?"

"A journal to write your thoughts in." I state simply. "I noticed how. . .depressed you've been lately and I think this will help." I open the book to show his the blank pages. "Whenever you feel sad or mad or any other powerful emotion, you can use this to write your feelings in."

"Like the journal entries you and your friends do?"

A giggle escapes me. "Well, yes, you could write like that. But you could also write stories or poems or even just words that describe how you feel in that moment. I use that method a lot when I'm stress out."

There's a moment of silence between us before he looks up at me. "I. . .I'm sorry for calling you stupid, Twilight."

I hold back a bit of shock. "I've already forgiven you. . .do you like your gift?"

"Y-Yeah. I think I can use it. Thank you Twilight." He puts the book on the floor and hugs me tightly. "Thank you."


Dear Goddess,
Do you know what you have done to me?
Did you see me for who I was?
I stood there by your side
Never leaving.

Dear Goddess,
I am now, and forever, broken
But I want to thank you.
It may sound demented,
Sickening,
But you have shown me what true heartache is.
Now I can mature.
Now I grow.

Dear Goddess,
Oh my sweat sweat Goddess,
I have spent too long reminiscing about the glory days.
Remember that book and the true words spoken?
Remember the days we spent diamond hunting?
Remember?

Do you remember?

Will you remember?

Or will you forget and turn a blind eye to what we had?
What could have been?

Dear Unicorn,
You have lost your title.
But I cannot, will not, be mad.
Fore you chose this path.
I know I cannot change your mind no matter how hard I try,
But I want nothing more than to run to you
And embrace you
And kiss you.

Dear Unicorn, with pelt snow white and hair of purple,
Please remember the dragon here in Ponyville.
The dragon who lives in the castle of crystal.
Remember me while you trot up the ladder.
Remember me in your days of sorrow
And know that I wish I could be there to comfort you.

For now I have to stay away.

I have to keep some sort of a distance so I can heal.
So I can sew myself back together.

Dear Pony,
I know I am young, but I am not dumb.
Distance is what I must use to keep myself sane.
I do not hate you.
I do not want revenge.
I only want to be able to smile and say congratulations when you find the one,
When you find that special somepony.
I want to be your friend and ally.

Dear Pony,
I guess this is my goodbye.
At least untill we meet again.

Good luck.

Goodbye.

Remember.


"Spike. . .this is. . .beautiful." I say as I wipe tears from my eyes. "D-Did this help you get your emotions out?"

"A little bit. . .I didn't know I could write." he takes the book and closes it softly.

I stare at him and smile. I can see the old Spike living within him again.

"I think I'm going to go out out to eat. Do you mind if I go by myself?" he asks as he heads to the door.

"Not at all Spike." I say to him. "Not at all."

Author's Note:

The poem I wrote a week ago.

Everything else was written at 5:30am by a sleep deprived author.

Comments ( 6 )

This is an interesting story. I did see a few grammatical errors, but overall it was good.
Keep up the good work!

:raritydespair: What have I done?

:trollestia: You missed out of being part of Royalty

:moustache::trollestia: Prince Spike Brave Honorable Brave Glorious take your place among the Alicorn Princesses'

:raritystarry: I goofed

:twilightoops: Duh !

:moustache: Duh duh dunnnnnnnnnnn

i just want to know what Rarity did.

6156805
Thank you! :derpytongue2:


6157749
Rarity basically dumped Spike.

Considering what Spike wrote, Twilight should probably be concerned he's not coming back.

Login or register to comment