• Published 29th May 2012
  • 2,698 Views, 34 Comments

Carnival of a Lifetime - linksbro1



The CMC are attracted to some music in the EverFree Forest in the dead of night...

  • ...
5
 34
 2,698

Unsure Existance

This fanfic is based on SandJosieph's Carnival Cat vs. Ponyville found here:

When a video appears, listen to it while you read for the best effect
________________________________________________________________________________

As Big Mac worked on various tasks, Catherine just watched him from afar, with that all too familiar feeling tearing through her mind as she watched the red pony. She knew as she watched him, Big Macintosh would stay by her side. The Lonely Colt and the Loving Cat. She giggled at how cliche her thoughts were, and as she watched, she thought back countless years, as far as she could remember, her first sight being these all too familiar trees, crawling along the ground, blood running down her face, away from an impossibly large inferno. She never did find out what happened before that, but neither did she want to. The life Catherine lived now was the one she wanted. Even if she were royalty, she would only want her carnival of chaos.


"Catherine..." A dreamy voice came from behind Catherine. She spun around to face one of the blank eyed ponies. "How many times..." Catherine growled. "Never call me that! I am your master! You do not have the right to use my first name!" "Master..." The pony said, not flinching at the outburst "That's better... Now what is it?" Catherine barked
"She has them..." The pony replied, before bowing, and backing away, back to work. This put a smile on Catherine's face. "Well now..." she said, walking towards the treeline "I think you should just hold them for a bit... alright?" A rustle in the trees was all she got for a reply. "Now then..." the pony said under her breath, turning back to Big Mac. "We better hurry up, we'll want the Carnival completely set up by the time the elements get here..."


"I was hoping I'd never had ta come back in 'ere..." AppleJack muttered to herself as she walked through the dark and dreary forest. She had seen the same strange curvy branch for the dozenth time, but she knew the forest's tricks, it wants to make you think you're lost. Her ears twitched as a strange sound entered her mind. Music? "Well..." She said to herself
"I guess that's th' carnival." As she continued, the music got louder, and eventually, she stumbled into a clearing, the same clearing where the carnival was."Hey sis" AppleJack turned and saw Big Mac "Big Macintosh, what're you doing 'ere?"


"I believe I can answer that!" A maniacal voice rang out above the clatter of the construction. AppleJack whipped her head around to face the source of the voice. She gasped as the Cat laughed crazily. "Big Macintosh has been ever so helpful! I doubt we would have made half of the progress we have if not for him!" AppleJack gave a sideways glance at her older brother, rolling her eyes. "Fer heavens sake Big Mac! Ya got enough work ta do at th' farm! You need to rest-"
"I'm helping 'cause I offered, 'sides, not like it's apple season 'nymore" Big Mac cut her off


"Oh! You must be Applejack! Big Mac's younger sister, Apple Bloom's older sister, co-owner of Sweet Apple Acres, and of course, The Element of Honesty!" Catherine said all of this very fast "Your brother has done more than myself and my entire team of... 'Carnival Folk' have done all day! Very helpful, might actually need him to finish on time, hopefully you don't mind, because if you do-" "Wow! Slow down, lady! Ya'll hurt yerself if you talk that fast!" AppleJack interrupted "I don't mind Big Mac helping, but he really should tell me when he does this sorta thing." She gave another sideways glare at her brother "Now ya'll know so much 'bout me, and I guess that's a given, bein' one of th' Elements, but all I know 'bout you, is that yer name is Catherine"


"Well with you being the embodiment of honesty, this should be easy for you do picture! Think of me as the embodiment of INSANITY!" Catherine cackled, "And don't think of that as dangerous, I'm just as insane as every other living creature, but I let it all out!" Applejack looked at the strange pony, but of course, Apple Bloom had told her, she thought she was a cat, she looked at this 'Embodiment of Insanity' and she could see the insanity perfectly. She turned to Big Mac "Ya'll sure this pony aint dangerous?" She whispered to her brother "Anypony can be dangerous if they wanna be, thing is, I don't think she wants ta be dangerous" Big Mac replied "I'm fine, but you'd better get back to th' crusaders." Hearing this, Catherine giggled to herself, looking back to the treeline.


As AppleJack made her trek back to Sweet Apple Acres she thought about Catherine's parting laugh. There was something not right about that laugh. She was used to insane, spastic behavior because of Pinkie Pie, but this was completely different, there was something in that laugh that wasn't present in Pinkie's constant laughter, the joy and happiness was all there, but something stuck out, something... malevolent. She pushed it out of her mind, it's probably just the fact the laughter was coming out of somepony other than Pinkie. She then thought what would happen when the two ponies met. AppleJack chuckled to herself at the thought of Pinkie finally finding somepony as crazy as her, and wondered if Catherine could handle Pinkie. But her thoughts turned dark, as she wondered if Pinkie could handle Catherine. She pushed this thought out of her mind as well. What was wrong with her? She never judged a pony by how they looked, but Catherine just filled her mind with dread, as if evil was emanating from her. AppleJack couldn't help it! She felt both ashamed of herself for judging in such a harsh way, and worried for her brother, and how much danger he could be in. If only she had gone looking for the crusaders in the first place.


"Where am I?" Apple Bloom thought as she regained consciousness. She couldn't move, she couldn't scream, she couldn't even breath. She could only blink and move her eyes. The only thing she could see was her mane in front of her left eye. "Am... am I dead?" Tears began to well up in her eyes, and as she blinked them out, the drifted away from her eyes, as if gravity didn't exist anymore. "But... I still got a body... what in the name of Celestia is going on?" as this thought crossed her mind, she heard another voice in her head. "uhh.... what..? Where am I? WHAT'S GOING ON? OH PLEASE CELESTIA NO..." "Scoots?" Apple Bloom thought "WHO'S THERE? WHAT'S GOING ON? WHY CAN'T I MOVE?" "It's Apple Bloom." She replied in thought "What's going on? Is Sweetie Belle with you?" There was a pause "Are... are we dead, Apple Bloom?" "I don't think so, we still got bodies, I can see my mane in front of my eye."

There was a long pause, or perhaps not long at all, it was hard to tell. "Can you see anything? Is Sweetie Belle with you?" Apple Bloom asked "No... I can't see anything, and I remember being with Sweetie Belle, and then... OH SWEET CELESTIA!" Scootaloo's voice- or... thoughts sounded panicked "What? What happened?" Apple Bloom thought "I just remembered what happened just before... this." Scootaloo explained "You went outside... then we followed, but you were gone! And then... some black thing came out of the dark, and charged us. After that... I woke up here." Apple Bloom tried to process what was happening, but in the middle of her own thoughts, she felt something brush her leg.

"NO!" She shouted in thought. "What happened?" The panicked thoughts of Scootaloo asked, "I.. felt something brush my leg..." Tears began to well up in her eyes again, as she desperately tried to look down at her leg, but she didn't need to. A figure drifted past her, and as it began to get further away, she could see what the figure was. "Thank Celestia she's alive!" "Who? Sweetie Belle?" Scootaloo asked "Yup!" Apple Bloom replied, "You see her?!" "Yup, she's still out though, hopefully she'll wake up soon" Apple Bloom stared at the white filly, and wondered just WHAT was going on.

Author's Note:

Well Hello!
Sweet Celestia, it's been almost a year!
From now own, I will be updating every 1-2 weeks!

Comments ( 9 )

HOLY SHIT! NEW CHAPTER :OOOOO
Nice story! Please don't make us wait for more! :c
:fluttercry:

3420831
Saddle up! :rainbowdetermined2:
IMA UPDATE EVERY 1-2 WEEKS! :yay:
Hopefully :pinkiesad2:

Cool story bro, but you need to separate your sentences instead of mashing them together. Whenever someone new starts to talk that's your signal for a new sentence.

No update this week :fluttercry:
NEXT WEEK FOR SURE :pinkiehappy:
PROBABLY :pinkiesmile:
MAYBE :twilightsheepish:
ehhh :facehoof:
EDIT:
No updates for the past 3 weeks due to constant health, school, and family issues. Life can sometimes suck, as I write this after being awake for about 38 hours for the sole reason as my health is as crumbly as a cornmeal muffin

My first thought when i saw the Cover Image was 'Courage the Cowardly Dog.' Why? I have absolutely no idea, something about the picture reminds me of that show

the story is dead ? :fluttercry:

4666399
I'm sorry for how horrible I've been with updates, but I do plan on finishing this
... Eventually...

The title reminded me of goosebumps

Login or register to comment