• Published 20th May 2012
  • 4,180 Views, 29 Comments

Zerg Rush - SevenVenom

  • ...
6
 29
 4,180

Zerg Rush

It was a quiet day in Ponyville, something you'd expect everyday. In the library within the tree house in the middle of the town, was a lavender unicorn named Twilight Sparkle, going into a new type of study. She was surrounded by the stacked textbooks, all relating to the topic she was researching.

"Twilight! You have a letter from Pinkie!" Spike said barging through the library's front doors.

"Pinkie? What could she want?" Twilight wondered.

Twilight set her text books down and back on the shelves they rested on before and accepted the letter that Spike was carrying. The writing was very ominous by the fact it looked like it was used with ooze to write instead of ink. In fact, how would Pinkie write a letter without having any magic or help to lift up a quill or pencil? They had hooves.

She ignored the thought and began to read in her mind aloud.

Dear Twilight,

I have a special surprise just for you! I found this really cool game that you can play with your friends! Oh it'll be just like a party! In fact I'm having a party over here at my base! Don't worry, you'll get your own base. Did I ever tell you that this game is in a totally different world? I mean they call themselves zurg, protaws, and turrans!

There are no ponies though. That's what makes me sad. But I'm never sad! I'm happy, since you'll be there. Pick your color and let's play!

Red|Blue|Teal|Purple|Orange|Brown|White|Yellow

-From Queen Pinkie Pie.

Twilight though this was a very bizarre letter, even when it was coming from Pinkie Pie. Different world? No ponies? A game? Queen??? Had Pinkie finally snapped? She thought.

"Well, I don't see how picking a color could affect me after reading this letter. Purple." Twilight said.

Suddenly, a large portal appeared in front of her. She grabbed onto a doorknob and noticed how everything wasn't moving. Everything was frozen except her and the spinning vortex that spontaneously appeared in her library without warning. She couldn't just let go and accept her fate of being sucked into a portal that she wouldn't know to where it would lead.

She eventually lost her grip and was pulled through the portal. She felt like she was falling. Eventually, she stopped falling and landed on her flank hard on the ground made up of dirt instead of wood.

They were on the map of 1v1 Arid Plateau.

"Where am I?!" She shrieked. She glanced at her surroundings after regaining her posture.

"TWILIGHT!"

She jumped. A face popped up in front of her on the screen showing Pinkie Pie's face as a hologram. She was relieved to see her here (or see her face), as she though she as the only one in the... different location.

"Pinkie, we have to get out of here!" Twilight said.

"But why?" She asked.

"I don't think this is Equestria!"

"Silly Twilight, of course it isn't! Didn't you read my letter?"

"What lett-" She remembered the letter she got earlier before she got here.

"Oh we're going to have so much fun! Tell me when you're ready, ok?" She says as she disappeared from the screen.

"Wait, Pinkie!" She was too late to get a response.

Twilight found a Xel'naga tower while walking across the plains to find where she would need to be or a good place to settle.. By going near the tower, she could see a far distance and got view of where her base would be. She trotted to the high grounds and found what seemed like a construction sight. A hologram appeared in front of her.

Greetings commander, there are tutorials awaiting your review.

A screen popped up with a few icons and a brief description along with an extension.

"How am I suppose to do this?" She asked herself "And where are my tutorials or instructions?"

Twilight ignored the tutorials without knowing that they were (as she was expecting it to find a manual in print) and observed her surrounded and noticed a large purple dome labeled 'Command Center' with five purple over sized figures standing near green geysers and large blue crystals. She waved her hoof at one of the figures.

The figure had a rectangle cockpit in the middle seated a creature, two larger arms on the sides of the cock pit, one with a claw and the other with a drill, and they were hovering.

"SCV ready!" He said.

"Hello, um, can you help me around here?" Twilight asked.

He didn't respond. Suddenly a screen pops up again showing Pinkie's face.

"UGH! Twilight! You're taking so long!"

"I'm sorry Pinkie, but I don't know how to do any of this!"

"Just read the instructions. I thought you were better than this!"

Pinkie disappeared and the screen shows the exact same one that had the tutorials on. Twilight picked the one most relative to the figure she was talking to before.

It said 'SCVs' could pick up minerals and vespene gas from the resources given but can only take on resource rather and two at the same time. Vespene gas, as she looked up, was the green gas coming from the geyser, which can be produced by building a refinery. Minerals were the blue crystals.

"SCV was your name right?" Twilight said as she pointed at the SCV from earlier.

"Yeah, whatever." He said.

"Ok... Go to those 'minerals' and pick some up."

"I'm goin'!"

She watched as the SCV was extracting a a crystal form the minerals and bringing it back to the Command Center. She noticed how the Command Center's computer recorded the number of minerals and vespene gas (none) being collected over time.

"This is exciting! It's like I'm building my own tycoon!" She squealed.

She appointed the other SCVs to get more minerals while she looked through more of the tutorials, first at the units. To build units, she required certain buildings for different units and different addons to advance it. She wanted to build a barracks, as she learned from Princess Celestia, it was where they trained guards.

She took an SCV off his duty.

"Ah! Ya scared me!" He said.

"I'm sorry, but can you please build a 'supply depot' for me?" She asked politely.

"Sure thing!" He strolled over to an area and started building.

The SCV went to an open are and build a supply depot in about thirty seconds. Twilight then told him to build a barracks, as she knew it was the place to build soldiers since she has been around the Canterlot castle where they trained guards. An alert came up.

Not enough minerals.

"What?! But I could have sworn I had enough for a barracks!"

She went back to the Command Center and checked the amount of resources she had and noticed it was indeed under 150 minerals. She realized that the 100 minerals she had before were used up by the supply depot, and the minerals weren't coming as fast as she wanted them to. There was a button the side that had the same drawing of an SCV.

"What does this do?"

She presses the button and 50 minerals disappeared.

"What did I do?!" She panicked and saw an SCV come out of the Command Center seconds later.

He immediately started picking up minerals. Twilight became fascinated and started building more SCVs. Minerals were coming up fast and she had enough to build two barracks, so she took the opportunity. When the two SCVs who were building the barracks were done they returned to the mineral field and Twilight started making marines. One came out.

He was a bulky figure, definitely in a full covered suit of armor colored purple with an orange mask covering his face. He was also carrying a large C-14 gauss rifle. Almost the size of Twilight, even when her head was extended.

"This is great! Now I have protection!" Twilight squealed.

"You want a piece of me, boy?" The purple marine said.

"What's a boy?"

"This better be good."

"Um..."

Suddenly, a zergling came into her base past a shadow and started attacking the marine The marine attacked back with his C-14 gauss rifle.

"What is that thing?!"

Your forces, are under attack.

Eventually the marine managed to kill the zergling with almost no health left. Twilight was almost mortified at the moment and started building even more marines from both barracks.

Incoming transmission.

"Twilight! Did you see that?!"

"Pinkie what was that thing?! It almost looked like a changeling!"

"It's zergling, not changeling, silly." She said chuckling "And you're taking sooooooo long to get ready!"

"Just give me a few more minutes, ok?" Twilight said.

Twilight got five marines from the barracks, including the one that was attacked by the zergling and send them off across the map. While they do so, she got her most used SCV to build an Engineering Bay to build more things.

"We could use some help over here!"

She heard over the speaker and was too late to see what happened to her marines. All she knew was that they were all dead.

Incoming transmission.

"You should have told me that you were ready, Twilight! Sneaking up on me like that!" Pinkie said.

"Pinkie, does this seem like a game to you anymore? I just killed one of your... things and you kill my guards! They all DIED."

"Oh come on, it's just a game!"

"Does this seem like a game to you?! The setting, the deaths, it's all so real!"

"If you really want to stop this game then you'll have to beat me, the queen of the swarm!" She said, closing off her contact.

Twilight was exasperated by the amount of frustration taken in by Pinkie's taunting and ordered her SCV after he finished the Engineering Bay to build a factory.

"PUT A FACTORY THERE!" She pointed in the line of barracks.

Insufficient vespene gas.

"AAAAURGH!"

Twilight groaned and ordered him to first build a refinery to get 100 vespene gas. It took almost a half hour to get the 100 vespene gas since she didn't know that you could use two SCVs to get vespene gas at a faster pace. The factory was built next to the two barracks and Twilight began making more marines.

"You want a piece of me, boy?" They said exiting the barracks.

Additional supply depots, required.

"AAAAAAAAAURGH!" Twilight groaned

She got the SCV who was done building the factory to build another supply depot. It was a long process of building and getting units up making Twilight more frustrated and crazy like the time when she had to find a friendship problem to write to Princess Celestia before the day was over. Basically, she was starting to snap.

"Guards! Guards! So many guards!" She in a psychotic tone.

She eventually reached up to the part where she got a Thor, the big walking machine made at the factory after building an armory and adding a tech lab.

"I am here! Click me!" The giant walking mech roared.

"Excellent..." Twilight said.

After minutes of setting up supply depots and collecting resources, she became very happy with what she had. The problem was that it was a whole army of just marines, nothing else, but just barracks produced marines, only because of how it worked best against Pinkie's one zergling from before.

"Come at me Pinkie! I'm ready!" Twilight announced.

Two zerglings came into her base and were immediately eliminated by the crowding marines. Twilight merely laughed.

"You can't win Pinkie! I'm invincible!"

Six more zerglings came into her base and were also immediately eliminated. Twilight was confident. Overconfident.

Twilight laughed victoriously on top of her Thor knowing she was going to win, until Pinkie came up on the screen.

"ZEEEEERG RUUUUUUUSH!" Pinkie screamed as she exited out when finished.

Twilight was confused. She wasn't sure to what a zerg rush was, or what it meant. The hologram appeared in front of her flashing red.

Warning. A large group of zerg bio signatures detected.

"Pinkie can't win against my army!" Twilight said as she ignore the warning.

An overlord was in her sights as it was flying around her barracks and Command Center. She told her army to chase after it and they turned it to ash.

But as they turn back, a large group a zerglings causing the ground to tremble, appeared outnumbering Twilight's forces from 10-1. She heard laughter.

KEKEKEKEKEKE

The marines and Thor opened fire on the zergling swarm mowing them down wave by wave but they eventually got past the kill line and started to simultaneously pick off marines and eventually reach the Thor Twilight stood upon.

"Nonononono! This wasn't supposed to happen!" She stuttered.

Twilight called a surrender, but Pinkie refused it for some reason. The zerglings were headed for the SCVs and Twilight tried her best to save them, but they were all wiped out. All the buildings such as the barracks and factory were bursting into flames and eventually exploded. Once the Command Center was out,

all the zergling turned their attention to Twilight.

"Pinkie, you're there right?"

The zerglings rushed at her and crowded together all trying to get to the unicorn first.

"Pinkie, help!" Twilight said anxiously.

One zergling pounced her bluntly. Twilight was pinned down onto the ground becoming besieged by zerglings, all drooling on top of her.

"PIIIIIINKIIIIIE PIIIIIIIE!" She screamed as the rest of the zerglings began disassembled her.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

She kept screaming at the horror that was taken in by all the blood and gore around her as her arms and limbs were ripped off, but something was rather odd. She felt no pain from the experience. She came to a realization.

The unicorn blinked a few times and slowly pushed her eyelids up and apprehensively observed her new surroundings.

She was on the floor covered in text books from her excessive studying on xenomorphs. In fact she was in the library again, the exact spot from where she believed to have been sucked in by the portal. Time had passed faster than she had expected, because the moon and stars was visible in the sky meaning ti was night time. Spike was already sound asleep in his bed upstairs across from hers. She could hear rumbling from outside.

Suddenly, the library door bursted open with Pinkie Pie at the front and Twilight began to feel a sudden shake under her hooves and rush right at the second Pinkie opened the door, only that's not what she thought it was. She made a relevant assumption without giving it any thought.

"Twilight! There's a HUGE-" Pinkie was cut off.

"ZEEEEERG RUUUUUSH!" Twilight screamed as she jumped out of the window next to the door Pinkie walked through.

"I was going to say stampede of cows, but that works too! Kekeke." She giggled.

Comments ( 29 )

Ponies and Starcraft, my to favorite things!
Pity the fic isn't too good though.
Try slowing down your exposition a little, and using more commas. The whole thing just kind of whizzes past at 100 mph.
Also, get a pre-reader/grammar checker.

This was strangely hypnotic. :applejackconfused:
That being said, you might want to brake down on your pace. It's moving a bit quickly as is.

Sorry if you some of you guys had trouble reading it.
I'll take the advice and put it into something else when I make another.

SHE JUST GOT ZERGGED!:rainbowdetermined2:

"She waved her hand"
:facehoof:
It was nice if a bit fast

Zerg Rush!!!
KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

ZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG RRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!:pinkiehappy:

Fear the zerg rush Twilight. Fear it

Yay for zerg rush!
One thing though... Twilight passing up a chance to read the instructions and tutorials??[??/i] that's insanity. :twilightoops:

625536 I have to agree.
But I have a two things to say about it.
1. This was based on a true story. :raritydespair:
2. She was confused about the whole computer thing. She was expecting a manual or a book or a guide, rather than a screen. I'll put that in.

626467
Just so you know, it's C-14 IMPALER Gauss Rifle
and are you basing this in SC1 or SC2?
cause if it is SC1 it's C-13 Impaler Gauss Rifle

I really liked this fic. Hm, if i get sense that ground is rumbling i might as well use "ZERG RUSH!" line. :rainbowlaugh:
Or actually not, having poker face makes things boring. :ajbemused:
Yet still, kinda want to use that now.
Did you read this? http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3654/My-little-Pony%3A-Friendship-is-Starcraft-2

This was utter brilliance.

First off, this I could see actually happening. Probably not the Game itself, but the overall plot. I can see this happening.

You make the characters still believable, and that's hard to pull off.

So this fic is going in the collection of stories I love. Congratz.

dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Rainbow_dealwithit.png

738319 This is what you get from criticism. :moustache:

And yes making the characters believable was honestly a challenge for me.

The oneshot theme really helped pull me pull it out of the ground.

738335 Believe me, if I wanted to REALLY critique this, I could.

Let's just say thanks to Stalin and me talking on Skype, I've opened up my new hobby: "Gamerviews".

Basically, I take the review, as If I'm playing a game, putting in pics and music that are appropriate.

After that? I basically put in what I like, didnt care for, and give it a rating, from "Geon's Royal Approval" to "Game of Horrors." Or something along that line. XD

THANKS STALIN.

:P i say BROODLING RUSH Useless rush though D:! they all die in three seconds

My friend tried to Zerg Rush me...
Then he figgured out I ALWAYS get battlecruisers early.
I also had a giant hidden army in the corner of the map that he did not find till I sent 5 Battlecruisers, 6 Thors, 15 Hellions, over 50 Marines and Marauders, a Medivac, and a SVC that somehow snuck into his base and took out his Spawning Pool before he noticed to defeat him. He took out all of my things except for that SCV, so if my attack failed, I still could REBUILD!!!
Next tactic...
SEIGE TANK WALL!!!!
He's gonna hate me...

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

DIE YOU BUGS!!!:flutterrage:

Silly SC2 peoples...Twilight isn't being chased by a zerg in that pic...that's a Tyranid, more specifically a Termigaunt. The Granddaddy of all Zerg

Oooh, shoulda built Siege Tanks.

and found what seemed like a construction sight
and observed her surrounded and noticed a large purple dome
and started attacking the marine The marine attacked back
including the one that was attacked by the zergling and send them off
She screamed as the rest of the zerglings began disassembled her
was visible in the sky meaning ti was night time
Suddenly, the library door bursted open with Pinkie Pie

1. Site.
2. Surroundings.
3. Forgot your full stop near the middle.
4. Sent.
5. Disassembling.
6. It.
7. Burst.

Least Pinkie didn't 6pool, losing to late game Zerg rush is much more bearable.

Also BattleNet time is always inexplicably faster:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment