• Published 10th Jun 2015
  • 702 Views, 18 Comments

Locked - Phantom Dragon

  • ...
2
 18
 702

Day 2

Author's Note:

I'm not comfortable cursing, so the words will be sort of censored.
I apologize in advance.

The blue unicorn filly was surrounded by darkness. In the distance, she saw a light and under that light was a bed. She slowly trotted toward it. All the sudden she heard a beep.

Then another beep.

She instantly knew what it was, it was a heart monitor.

The filly gasped in terror then started to run away.

Even as the filly ran as far from the bed as possible, it seemed as if the sound of the monitor was following her .

Faceless ponies with white lab coats looked at her then she ran past them.

"It will be fine, he'll get better you'll see" said one of the faceless ponies

"You're lying!" the filly angrily shouted

"He'll be back to his old self in no time." another one said

"You're lying... every one of you" the filly cried

The faceless ponies with lab coats surrounded her and she was trapped in a circle.

"He'll be fine you'll see" one of them stated

"We are trying the best we can" another one said

Then all of them spoke at the same time.

"Stop Lying to me!" said the filly now crying hysterically

"I can't trust any of you"

All the sudden a giant painting came out of nowhere.


Trixie awoke, she was gasping for breath. Trixie calmed herself then got off the bed.

"I haven't thought about that for a long time"

As soon as she got up, she didn't feel fully awake.

"Coffee...need coffee." Trixie said in a monotone voice.

Trixie spotted a tray with food and a steaming mug right next to the door. A yellow letter was right next to it, there was something about that, that was...um..

Trixie's movements were more like a machine than ponylike. She tried to move the mug with her magic.

Inside that mug was the liquid she needed to function. Trixie sniffed to tell what the quality of the coffee was. It was the lowest grade ever.

It made her groan, but she needed it.

The fact her magic was not working didn't concern her as it should have, she just figured she had an off day.

Trixie grabbed the inside edge of the mug, with her teeth. Something was wrong with that, whatever it was It had to wait.

Trixie put the mug down and stared at the...gray fog? Trixie shifted her head sideways. Well whatever,Trixie was not going to miss her favorite part of her daily routine.

Be up before the crack of dawn with a cup of joe and drink it while watching the sunrise. Slowly becoming awake along with the sun to greet the day with gusto.

Trixie sipped her awful coffee and waited. The more she waited the more the relentless fog turning into an empty ... gray ...wal...

"Sh*T"

Trixie uttered the curse word twice then looked around her.

All the experience she had yesterday came back to her. The letters, the toy, and the confetti poppers.

Trixie turned and looked where she got her coffee. She saw a yellow envelope along with a blue envelope then another yellow one with a wrapped present next it.

"Slap Happy" she said

She then saw the familiar grayish blue envelope no doubt it was from Iron Will.

Trixie did consider it strange though that each person or pony or whatever, who sent her a letter so far. The envelopes and paper were different. Iron Will's letters were sent in a blueish gray envelope along with the same color paper, Slap Happy yellow envelope, with a fall leaf background letter. Doctor Bits white envelope with white paper.

What was up with that?

She picked one of Slap Happy's letters with her hooves, she debated whether or not she would even bother opening any them at all.

'If he's doing this because he is being blackmailed, why should I care about what he says?'

Trixie took a good long look at the cube shaped wrapped present, then she looked at the other gifts Slap Happy gave her as well.

'Even if he is forced to do this, he is trying his damnest'

"He is doing this for his children'

But what about Iron Will, what if he is working for Doctor Bits?

'If I just ignore Slap happy's letters, What will happen to him and his children?'

'But why should I care if something happens to him?'

Trixie then looked at the painting that Iron Will gifted her.

The same painting she saw in her dream.

Since that incident happened I can't trust anyone

"I need no one"

If that's true why did that painting appear?

Iron Will wrote to her like she was a long-lost friend, Didn't he also address her as a friend?

But was that just a ruse ?

Trixie looked at the pile of the previous letters from Iron Will. It wasn't hard to find Iron Will's letter since his letters were always in a grayish blue envelope.

"Where was it?" Trixie murmured to herself "Ah here is is"

Hello my friend,
Sorry, it took so long to write back to you, but, after Iron Will send you that bug friend....

When Trixie first got his letter, his name did sound familiar, but she could not for the life of her remember where she heard it.

However, that seed of doubt was planted. Maybe Bits messed with her mind, maybe it was a psychological trigger that made that name, seem familiar to her.

Trixie's ear perked as she heard the mail bird come and deliver another letter to her.

Iron Will wrote another letter.

It came and crawled from under her bed.

Bug friend.

'Of course that spider' Thinking wording spider in a disgusted tone.

She had made a sort of truce with... it. Even though she still could not think of it as anything but disgusting.

"Spider" she called under the bed.

It came and crawled to her. She tried her best to not stomp it to death.

The spider looked up at Trixie, it was shaking.

Trixie let a sigh she could not believe she was going to do this.

Trixie had to ask it a few questions.

The prospect of questioning a spider would have been something that is completely absurd. If it didn't show Trixie it's talent of making a rose out of its silk.

"Spider, can you understand me?"

It just stared at her.

"You met Iron Will, it says so in the letter, is that the truth?

Again nothing

Trixie reared up and stomp both her hooves down.

"TELL ME IF IRON WILL IS WORKING FOR DOCTOR BITS!"

Her voice boomed throughout the cell.

The spider shook in fear and scampered under the bed.

Trixie stood there shaking with tears flowing down her cheeks.

Trixie then bit her lip.

"Okay Trixie calm down, think about this rationally" She told herself

"To do that kind of manipulation, Bits would have to be a high-level psychologist with no morals standards"

"If he is a psychologist, he won't know that examination spell he cast on me"

She then heard her stomach growl, she remembered there was a tray of food on it.

She went to where the tray was, on the tray was a salad made out grass.

She lowered her head down to try to take a bite.

Then the sound of foals mockingly laughing was heard.

That was when that wretched song played.

NO! NO!

"I won't eat it, I'd rather starve!"

She picked one of the letters with her hooves

'I have survived own my own for a long time'

'Ever since....since'

Trixie stopped herself from thinking about that again

'But, am I willing to carry their blood on my hooves?'

Then she sighed and walked to the bed to try to get the hairpin she left there.

Trixie searched the whole bed but couldn't find it.

"Damn"

'Guess I have to found some other way to open these letters'

Trixie held down one of the letters with one of her hooves, she grasped a part of the top flip of the envelope with her teeth. The adhesive that held the top flip was not letting go without a fight. Trixie pulled and managed to rip a small section of it.

She then spits it out, doing this suddenly reminded her of goats. Trixie was not a goat!

She pulled another hairpin from her hair.

She had to come up with a way to put her hairpin away, and still find it when she needed it.

Trixie looked around the room and found nothing.

Then she noticed the one bedsheet she was given.

'If I tear the end of it I can make a small rope necklance'

But first, she wanted to open the letters from Slap happy .

Trixie opened one of them.

To celebrate the occasion of you getting up, I have sent a present...That's right it's a Rubix cube.

"Oh" Trixie said she looked at the small cube shaped box.

"Slap Happy, what is up with these small cheap toys. I am a grown mare."

Trixie rolled her eyes as she opened Slap happy's other mail.

Rise and Shine sleepyhead!!!!! I hope you had a good night’s sleep. I sure did !!! Hooray!!!here's some coffee and breakfast I made just for you, I wish I got some better money to get to you better coffee, but I have to save what I can, so you have something to do.

"Trixie guesses she opened the letters in the wrong order"

Trixie gasped 'Wait ...I.. Trixie hasn't been speaking like she normally does for some time'

'Has this place broken Trixie already? It's only been a day!'

"I...Trixie has been alone for longer than this."

"I am the great and Powerful Trixie. I need to hold myself together"

The wonderous Trixie tore through Iron Will Letter's with a mix of determination and anger.

Good morning friend!
The sun has barely risen and Iron Will feels refreshed, sure minotaurs are known for living in mazes but maybe we should live in caves from now on. Then again I'm not sure the Mrs. would approve. Anyways, Iron Will headed north. Which is as you know is my favorite cardinal direction to head. On the way, Iron Will passed by a very pretty river. I made a new friend, he says hello, he's a sea serpent Iron Will didn't know they existed! His name is Steve.. something arg! I'm so bad with names

Ironwill was a minotaur?

Something about that was familiar, Trixie closed her eyes tried to concentrate hard.

A huge blueish gray blur came to mind.

She dug deep but when she came against a mental wall she stopped herself.

She knew what was behind it, memories that she didn't want to trigger.

However, she knew the memories of Iron Will was behind it.

However, she wanted those awful memories to stay there and never be brought up again.

It was akin to the story of a pony named Pandora opening her box.

Trixie then saw Iron Will's newest letter sighed 'well I might as well keep doing this'

Fastinating, wouldn’t you say friend? Meeting new friends, finding vast landscapes and new locations to explore. Sometimes in life one must appreciate the little things. I.W.

"Yes, Iron Will it's so fascinating, I mean look at the wonderous location I am in now. Why there are grays walls everywhere, a bed, and a toilet. What a truly amazing place this is." Trixie said with a mix of anger and sarcasm.

Flap.

Letter

sigh

Rinse and repeat

HAHAHAHAHAH I have another present for you! It’s a poster to remind you to always keep a smile on your face!

"Well at lease it's not a toy, so what is this a poster of ?"

Trixie saw a flash of golden colored magic in the corner of her eyes.

She turned around quickly and saw it.

"Holy catchphrase Batmare !"

The poster was a creepy smile painted with red paint. From what Trixie could tell by looking at it, who ever painted it just did it for the sake of doing it.

Most likely Slappy did it,

Ho HO HA HA HE Do you like it? I painted myself, it's just like the ones I used to do with my... HO HO nevermind that I hope when you see it, it will renew you


Was that cynicism in that letter?

'With your children? You were going to say that right, my guess that Bits does not want you to tell the inmates about your blackmail'

Flap.

Letter, this time a green colored envelope

sigh

Rinse and...

Hold on! This envelope was a different color, IT WAS A DIFFERENT WRITER.

The glorious Trixie has gotten someone new.

What a welcome this was!

But what if this was another Slap Happy? Or somepony else forced to be her friend.

Trixie wasn't afraid of that possibility, it was why she was shaking thinking about it.

She thought of just leaving it there, then going to play with her new toy, and just ignore it for awhile.

But is was like the letter beckoned her to open it.

It was the drive to find out what was really going on out there.

Trixie scoffed and open the letter.

She then stared at it without actually reading it, she was a not hoofwriting analysis but she could tell the hoofwriting was neither masculine or feminine. So it could have written by either gender.

Good day! I don’t think you know me but from what I’ve heard, it seems to me you and I are the last ponies in this town who are not infected by the virus.

The only P..p

Trixie found herself hyperventilating

"It can't be, the virus is that bad?, W

hat's going on out there?"

Suddenly an image of a pony lying on the bed coughing blood came into Trixie's mind.

"Celestia damn it, don't start thinking about that!

"Doctor Bits what's going on?! Are you working on a cure? WHERE IS IT!!"

Another green envelope delivered by the mail bird.

This time, there was no hesitation in opening it.

I am the owner of a bakery shop next door to your prison. That's what I get for wanting cheap real estate. I see some sort of bird getting the mail from the mailbox, some of the time different birds come to get it. I got curious so I opened the mailbox. I saw a letter and opened it, it was from Iron Will. I think I remember him he came here to teach a 'just say no' class. I think I might get in trouble for opening the letter, but since everypony is dying, it can't be that bad of a crime. So on a whim, I decided to send you this letter. However, I don’t want to get infected so I will go out for these letters only. What my store is mainly known for is Cloud Candy. Yes, I make candy out of clouds. Most Pegasi used to think that was gross, since Pegasi use them to lay on, or build stuff with. However, I usually get the purest clouds directly from the cloud factory, and in return give them a huge discount. I also make cloud frosting. Mmm So light and fluffy. But I can't sell it anypony anymore because they are getting bad, and it would mean letting infected ponies came here. Well, maybe you can come over, I would really appreciate it if you could come visit me some time, maybe we could have a cup of tea with cupcakes topped with cloud frosting.

Trixie blissful sighed "Yeah that does sound nice"

Oh listen to me yammer on. Oh, how rude me my name is Sweet Treat. Nice to meet you

Named Sweet Treat, works in bakery, They are most definitely a pony

Another letter came almost instantly.

I’m very sorry if I came off as too eager in my last letter to you. The fact is, I haven’t really had much contact with anyone anymore lately , you know the whole everypony dying. I can't leave here, I am a coward. Please forgive me if I made you feel uncomfortable.

Trixie awkwardly rubbed her hoof on the back of her head.

"You were not too eager, your letter was a breath of fresh air"

Trixie went to start her project with her bedsheet.

She took out her star-shaped hairpin and tilted it.

The Star on the hair opened and inside was a small razor blade.

Trixie then tried to figure out how to use it without magic.

She was great beyond measure, so this should be a simple task.

She considered uses her hooves, but she knew she could cut herself. So her teeth were the only thing she could think of.

'That would take forever, but I do have a lot of time on my hooves'

So Trixie stuck the razor blade between her teeth, careful to let her tongue go nowhere near the blade. She then started cutting the sheet.

After sometime Trixie managed to cut a small section. she then took a break.

She was concentrating on the task so much that she missed the sound of the mail bird dropping off new two letters.

'Was that why the ticking from the cuckoo clock did not bother me?'

"What is it now Slap Happy?"

Hello hello hello I hope you’re enjoying your two toys. They were expensive you know

"Expensive? These are expensive? These are toys for foals!"

hahahahahahahhahahahahaha Please don’t be sad!

I know it must be hard all alone in a prison cell, but you must remain happy!!!

"Look, Slap Happy I know you are trying but I don't need any toys"

Trixie went back to her project, after some time a white envelope appeared. It was Doctor Bits.

"Am I going to get some answers doctor?"

Dear_____
IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION THAT YOUR BUDDY HAS SHOWN SIGNS OF NOT BEHAVING IN AN EXCITED MATTER SO YOUR BUDDY CAN BE REPLACED , PLEASE JUST SEND US A LETTER AND WE WILL GET RID OF HIM.

"A chance to get rid of Slap Happy? what's the point if somepony is forced to be my friend."

A yellow envelope came through instantly after Bit's letter

Hello hahaha I heard that some people are reporting their buddies to doctor money hahahahahahahahaha

'Buddies as more than one? Just how many ponies or other races are being blackmailed'

You know what happens to them right?? Do you?? You wouldn’t do that to me would you? Hahahaha

'No, I don't know what happens?'

They die, they cease to be. If I'm dead who's going take care of ... No I can't tell you if I do they die. Look I’m sorry I haven’t gotten you something else to entertain you I just don’t have the money for it at the moment, alright!

I’m so sorry

I’m very sorry, please spare me!

As she was reading the letter, the paper felt wet, was it tears?

"Okay Slap Happy I won't report you"

A new Iron Will letter came next.

Along with a long wooden block.

Did you know that I just learned wood carving? Well, actually Iron Will picked it up as something for Iron Will to do on long train rides. As I look all these places Iron Will kept thinking of you in the cell. So Iron Will thought to himself why doesn't Iron Will make you something? It’s the leg of a table I'm making for you! I know that might not be the most extravagant project, but I hope you like it anyways.

Trixie was stunned no one ever made anything for her.

She grasped the 'leg' with her hoof and had tears of appreciation come down her face

"Thanks, Iron Will" Sounding as if she was genuinely touched by the gesture.

Trixie went back to cutting, even after all this time she only made a small rip in the sheet.

When she took a break she found another green envelope.

Sweet Treat.

Trixie eagerly tore through the envelope.

It’s a nice evening, isn’t it? I hope you have a nice sleep.

Was it evening already?

Trixie looked out the window near the top of the cell and saw the night sky.

Whoa, where did the time go?

Trixie decided not to go to bed she decided to at lease try to get the bed sheet torn half.

She let out a yawn and went back to work.

Comments ( 3 )

Will Trixie be badass in this story?

7172203 ... You'll just have to see :raritywink:

7628174 Yeah I understand, I'm trying to catch them but I do miss them a lot. but ch 1 was looked at by two editors so yeah. Writing Dr. Bits is basically a way of me poking fun of myself because I tend miss things like that.

Login or register to comment